CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It's 2019 and solos still match with to4s. I don't understand. I think I'm gonna do a campaign marathon to get my Halo fix instead. The current matchmaking system absolutely ruins any fun I could possibly have in Halo. In most cases, I think I'll just opt to play another game that actually has decent matchmaking. I'm sure it could be a population issue, but I'd rather wait 5 minutes than match with the same team 4 times in a row.

On a more positive note, I LOVE modern aiming. I hope 343 implements more QOL updates like this moving forward.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think they made it so only To3 could match solos, but I'd have to double check.

That's what I thought, too. One of the players confirmed they were playing with a full squad. I tuned into the Twitch stream and yep, team of four.

I'm assuming those restrictions don't apply to social playlists, perhaps? Either way, terrible idea.

CE hit reg against bad connections isn't any better. Still 12 shots on a guy walking in a straight line. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

9 minutes ago, Automaton said:

That's what I thought, too. One of the players confirmed they were playing with a full squad. I tuned into the Twitch stream and yep, team of four.

I'm assuming those restrictions don't apply to social playlists, perhaps? Either way, terrible idea.

As far as I know party restrictions are only implemented in ranked playlists, which is really stupid. Social is pretty much the wild west.

43 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

CE hit reg against bad connections isn't any better. Still 12 shots on a guy walking in a straight line. 

I tried playing matchmaking a couple nights ago and was losing my mind trying to hit people. I've heard some people say it felt improved, I don't think it got worse but it definitely hasn't improved for me either.

Broken CE is still more fun than Halo anything

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

The key is to not play CE 

I'm actually curious, what's your favorite Halo? I hear you talk up H5 and talk down H3 a lot, which I actually think is justified. I can guess you don't like H1. But which one is your favorite?

And I'm with Nick. I'll mess around with H2 a fair amount, H2A occasionally, and I'll still play H5. But I still play H1 most times hoping I get a good match.

1 hour ago, Automaton said:

Yeah 4s in CE is awful solo because you tend to get matched with poor teammates. Sorry you had to play against us, we handed out steaks for 4 hours straight. I felt bad about some of em but I like playing with my buddies so I'm not sure what to do about it. Maybe 2v2 customs?

• Upvote (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Broken CE is still more fun than Halo anything

Factual 

27 minutes ago, Silos said:

I'm actually curious, what's your favorite Halo? I hear you talk up H5 and talk down H3 a lot, which I actually think is justified. I can guess you don't like H1. But which one is your favorite?

And I'm with Nick. I'll mess around with H2 a fair amount, H2A occasionally, and I'll still play H5. But I still play H1 most times hoping I get a good match.

At this point probably H5. After playing anything on MCC each of the games have way more issues overall. On Mcc it's easily H2a. The game works the smoothest. I take consistency over a more difficult game that is plagued with issues any day. CE has atrocious hit reg and the pistol feels more random than the h3 BR. H2 has awful hit reg and insane host advantage. H3 is lol. H2a works but is kinda easy and nades are insane. H4 works well enough but is only fun to play socially for obvious reasons. I didn't play much reach but if imagine NBNS would be a top 2 for me at this point from what I've seen. 

As a kid I was die-hard h3 but playing it as an adult and seeing how modern games are I can't stand it. I've also grown to enjoy advanced movement in halo because of the individual plays that can be made and how effective they are at countering nades and power weapons. 

I know people love CE here but on MCC the game is on par with halo 3 in terms of rng. The pistol straight up doesn't work and I don't know how people can find it fun not knowing whether their bullets will hit or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 2

9 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Yeah 4s in CE is awful solo because you tend to get matched with poor teammates. Sorry you had to play against us, we handed out steaks for 4 hours straight. I felt bad about some of em but I like playing with my buddies so I'm not sure what to do about it. Maybe 2v2 customs?

You guys absolutely destroyed us, haha. GGs though. I couldn't break any of the setups you had on Dammy and Derelict.

Honestly, it's nothing against you or any player in particular. Like you said, some people just want to play with their friends. That's absolutely fine and you should be able to do that. This is more or less an issue that the developer needs to address. Give me some additional options on the match composer to avoid those scenarios. I'll gladly wait 5 minutes to have a balanced match.

I can only assume that even the social playlist has some MMR attached. Most days, when I play on my monitor in my office, I am a total tryhard and play to win. Other times, like last night, I just wanna chill on the couch with a beer and have some fun games on my laggy 4K TV. So those Halo sessions are much worse for me, if I'm going to get matched up against talented players.

1 hour ago, Automaton said:

It only applies to ranked. Halo never had party restrictions in social. Tho matching a to3 in ranked is just as bad. 

Tweet to postums on twitter if you want a composer option for “match based on party.”  I already have

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

At this point probably H5. After playing anything on MCC each of the games have way more issues overall. On Mcc it's easily H2a. The game works the smoothest. I take consistency over a more difficult game that is plagued with issues any day. CE has atrocious hit reg and the pistol feels more random than the h3 BR. H2 has awful hit reg and insane host advantage. H3 is lol. H2a works but is kinda easy and nades are insane. H4 works well enough but is only fun to play socially for obvious reasons. I didn't play much reach but if imagine NBNS would be a top 2 for me at this point from what I've seen. 

As a kid I was die-hard h3 but playing it as an adult and seeing how modern games are I can't stand it. I've also grown to enjoy advanced movement in halo because of the individual plays that can be made and how effective they are at countering nades and power weapons. 

I know people love CE here but on MCC the game is on par with halo 3 in terms of rng. The pistol straight up doesn't work and I don't know how people can find it fun not knowing whether their bullets will hit or not. 

I agree with everything in this wall of text except preferring h5. 

Party restrictions need to be for social, this is what killed a good chunk of h5s Warzone population. Party’s of 12 farming random solo and duo searchers, and the best solution would of been party mm. Sure you can farm a to4,8,12 but it’ll be harder, and happen wayyyyy less. But a full party in any playlist will win 90% of the time, and the score usually isn’t even close either which is another problem altogether.

8 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I 've also grown to enjoy advanced movement in halo because of the individual plays that can be made and how effective they are at countering nades and power weapons.

This is true but it accomplished this is a really inefficient way. Abilities as a concept are still one that I want to see succeed in halo without bringing so much baggage. 

Right now SAs are like gammy bandaids. They "work" in a game that has op power weapons and nukes for grenades (which, let's be honest, both of which are like that because of the games abilities). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

This is true but it accomplished this is a really inefficient way. Abilities as a concept are still one that I want to see succeed in halo without bringing so much baggage. 

Right now SAs are like gammy bandaids. They "work" in a game that has op power weapons and nukes for grenades (which, let's be honest, both of which are like that because of the games abilities). 

I would agree, but CE's rockets are equally as bad as Halo 5's are, and nuke nades have been in Halo 2: Anniversary.

20 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I would agree, but CE's rockets are equally as bad as Halo 5's are, and nuke nades have been in Halo 2: Anniversary.

In all honesty, rockets are better on casual modes and don't serve comp games well. I'd replace it with the GL if we honestly need non grenade explosives on the map for slayer. Rockets are arguably worse in the latter halos because they don't have a powerful utility though. As bad as rockets are in ce, at the very least a team of 2 can melt an unaware rocket user. 

As far as grenades go, I'd be willing to bet that they're bad on h2a because that game was built off of halo 4, which had pretty powerful nades due to abilities as well no? It's been a while since I've played 4 though since I despise that game at every level though lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny how people here complain about MCC HCE hit reg off host. It's actually MUCH easier to shoot off host than it is to shoot on host, no matter how far away the host/server is from you. It's basically XBC in reverse. Most of the kids complaining about hit registration here would cry if they actually hosted games, and would call their mothers after 5 minutes of playing OG Halo. This is Halo 1, boys. You're not going to constantly hit those 3 shots if you're not making an effort. I am not surprised that some of you prefer H3 over CE. I've been playing the game a lot the past month and it's actually OK. Of course online is frustrating but I don't recall a game that was not frustrating when played online... But hey, I'm in France and I can play with Colombians in decent conditions, and I don't even have fiber optics! I just wish they made the system link exactly the same as OG Halo and brought back the PR stun. shotgun  should be more consistent too. If they can make aiming with the pistol a tad harder off host, that would be cherry on the cake...

but for now, PLEASE BRING BACK THE REAL OG SYSTEM LINK! Just port it! That's all we want! This way, the players that are unhappy with the way online feels right now could just play on XLAN or xlink Kai and experience the good old XBC lead. That's all we need, really! We're not asking much, are we?

• Fire (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Riddler said:

I agree with everything in this wall of text except preferring h5. 

It makes sense. It's not possible to play the original CE or 2 multiplayers and 3 isn't worth it for what @My Namez BEAST plays halo for. Halo 4 is straight garbage which leaves halo 5 and h2a as the most consistent halo games that are currently accessible. 

It's a sad statement on the current state of halo but it's not illogical.

18 hours ago, Automaton said:

It's 2019 and solos still match with to4s. I don't understand. I think I'm gonna do a campaign marathon to get my Halo fix instead. The current matchmaking system absolutely ruins any fun I could possibly have in Halo. In most cases, I think I'll just opt to play another game that actually has decent matchmaking. I'm sure it could be a population issue, but I'd rather wait 5 minutes than match with the same team 4 times in a row.

On a more positive note, I LOVE modern aiming. I hope 343 implements more QOL updates like this moving forward.

I feel this.  I keep matching team of threes in HC.  I understand it may be by design, but damn it never feels right not having a fighting chance. 

4 hours ago, Mat Logan said:

It's funny how people here complain about MCC HCE hit reg off host. It's actually MUCH easier to shoot off host than it is to shoot on host, no matter how far away the host/server is from you. It's basically XBC in reverse. Most of the kids complaining about hit registration here would cry if they actually hosted games, and would call their mothers after 5 minutes of playing OG Halo. This is Halo 1, boys. You're not going to constantly hit those 3 shots if you're not making an effort. I am not surprised that some of you prefer H3 over CE. I've been playing the game a lot the past month and it's actually OK. Of course online is frustrating but I don't recall a game that was not frustrating when played online... But hey, I'm in France and I can play with Colombians in decent conditions, and I don't even have fiber optics! I just wish they made the system link exactly the same as OG Halo and brought back the PR stun. shotgun  should be more consistent too. If they can make aiming with the pistol a tad harder off host, that would be cherry on the cake...

but for now, PLEASE BRING BACK THE REAL OG SYSTEM LINK! Just port it! That's all we want! This way, the players that are unhappy with the way online feels right now could just play on XLAN or xlink Kai and experience the good old XBC lead. That's all we need, really! We're not asking much, are we?

Huh huh CE is shit my man that's just a fact. But hey you believe what ever makes you feel better. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Why is it the only defense for the op shit in ce is “you have a powerful utility” this literally doesn’t mean shit when the only way you’re taking out the guy with rockets is if you see him when he’s unaware, which happens in h2,3,reach, 4, & 5 just as much. Also h5 rockets are weak as shit honestly, at least the SPKR rockets are, the original h5 rockets are the powerful ones.  

Halo 5s abilities work because of the extreme accurate weapons, and yes like someone stated op weapons.