CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 hours ago, Mythik Nick said:

That's what it should be, but it's not. I've tried it a few times in custom games on MCC insider and while the 'modern' aiming kinda smooths things out the aiming still feels mostly like it did before. H3, for instance, feels a little better, but it's still clunky shit and not like H2A or H4 at all. So for anyone expecting a magic H4 aiming switch in H3, you're going to be disappointed.

It’s fair to note halo 3 has significantly less aim assist than halo 4 and h2a. Their aiming mechanics are great but their ease of use is simply because of super high aim assist. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s fair to note halo 3 has significantly less aim assist than halo 4 and h2a. 

Nah, what he refers to has nothing to do with AA or ease of use. The fundamental aiming feel is still a bit off, and unrefined, even if it's better than before.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s fair to note halo 3 has significantly less aim assist than halo 4 and h2a. Their aiming mechanics are great but their ease of use is simply because of super high aim assist. 

No, you can tell there is a huge difference in aim feel when just looking around the map not trying to shoot anything lol.

16 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

No, you can tell there is a huge difference in aim feel when just looking around the map not trying to shoot anything lol.

Wtf are you talking about. I played them side by side and the difference wasn’t really there. It was smoother and more responsive which is what h4/2a aiming is.  Here give me your tag get on right now, my gamer tag is Reamis. We can easily compare this shit.

Also you’re not explaining right now what’s actually wrong with it. Many people here and other places can actually verify it’s a significant improvement. This isn’t like the halo 5 aim changes that did jack shit to fix heavy aim. Declare what’s wrong . 

31 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Wtf are you talking about. I played them side by side and the difference wasn’t really there. It was smoother and more responsive which is what h4/2a aiming is.  Here give me your tag get on right now, my gamer tag is Reamis. We can easily compare this shit.

Gt is same as my name here, I'll be on later promise

• Toxic (+1) 1

If you guys want better aim on MCC Halo 3, get a controller converter and a wired Xbox 360 controller. It's many times better than Xbox One controller.

1 minute ago, Brad Pitt said:

If you guys want better aim on MCC Halo 3, get a controller converter and a wired Xbox 360 controller. It's many times better than Xbox One controller.

I’ll have to try that out. Do you suggestions of a certain converter.

16 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I’ll have to try that out. Do you suggestions of a certain converter.

https://www.amazon.com/Brook-Super-Converter-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00VY4MMGG/ref=pd_ybh_a_22?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WFATC2EJRP5MYPXEK4Y3

That's the one I use and I have 0 complaints. The only limitation is that you can't use a mic, which is fine for me cause I mostly just search H3 BTB solo. I highly recommend this for anyone who plays a lot of Halo 3 on MCC. For me, it made a world of a difference. Going from wind milling against guests on the Xbox One controller to out-BRing tryhards on the 360 controller. The reason MCC Halo 3 aiming sucks on the Xbox One controller is that the thumb sticks are a lot looser than the 360 controller, which the game was designed for. 343 didn't take that into consideration and left the aiming the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Also you’re not explaining right now what’s actually wrong with it. Many people here and other places can actually verify it’s a significant improvement. This isn’t like the halo 5 aim changes that did jack shit to fix heavy aim. Declare what’s wrong . 

No one's saying it isn't an improvement, we're just saying it's not a 1:1 of what we like, that being Halo 4 and Halo 2: Anniversary's aiming. Because it's not. It basically just fixes the diagonal. The grid-like nature still exists. So, it's better, but not the best it could be.

18 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

I'd rather chug a cactus than go back to that dildo of a controller.

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

Good, I hope you do chug a cactus you Halo 4, H2A, Halo 5 loving noob.

• Salt (-1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

Good, I hope you do chug a cactus you Halo 4, H2A, Halo 5 loving noob.

God, I love you so much, lmao.

10 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

No one's saying it isn't an improvement, we're just saying it's not a 1:1 of what we like, that being Halo 4 and Halo 2: Anniversary's aiming. Because it's not. It basically just fixes the diagonal. The grid-like nature still exists. So, it's better, but not the best it could be.

TF you talking about grid like nature? 

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

>Talking about improved Halo 3 aiming.
>Not knowing what the game's grid-like nature was.

My sweet summer child.

3 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Dude you can't literally base your name off of h5 aiming and not be able to see how awful H3 aiming is lmao. Surely you've noticed the grid aiming that's been talked about for a decade lmao 

31 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Dude you can't literally base your name off of h5 aiming and not be able to see how awful H3 aiming is lmao. Surely you've noticed the grid aiming that's been talked about for a decade lmao 

It’s because I can actually aim. People complained about the acceleration and diagonal aiming in h3 not this grid aiming. I don’t feel like I’m struggling to hit my opponent because my guy won’t respond smoothly or accurately to my movement. There is no way in fucking hell you can compare h3s aiming to h5s, believe me you can’t. 

And princess wtf I’ve never heard of this grid like aiming before, and it’s fair to note I didn’t go on any forums back then, but I heard many complaints about the diagonal and acceleration back in the day. You’re going to have to be more specific in what you mean grid like aiming.

I never knew people complained about Halo 3's aiming until I joined this forum. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

It’s honestly not even that bad either, lots of these guys like to pretend it’s as bad as h5s aiming.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s because I can actually aim. People complained about the acceleration and diagonal aiming in h3 not this grid aiming. I don’t feel like I’m struggling to hit my opponent because my guy won’t respond smoothly or accurately to my movement. There is no way in fucking hell you can compare h3s aiming to h5s, believe me you can’t. 

Lmao dude it's been complained about for a decade my man. This isn't something new. And yes you can compare them you can compare anything homie. H3 has very hanky grid aiming with awful accel curves and insane diagonal sensitivity. I find it to feel worse overall than H5. H5 just seemed worse because the maps had tons of vertically and the mobility was much higher. Go play any halo 3 map with no abilities in halo 5 and you'll see the aiming isn't nearly as big an issue as it seems. 

Just try to look diagonally accurately in Halo 3 in a gunfight and tell me it doesn't suck ass. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

And princess wtf I’ve never heard of this grid like aiming before, and it’s fair to note I didn’t go on any forums back then, but I heard many complaints about the diagonal and acceleration back in the day. You’re going to have to be more specific in what you mean grid like aiming.

It's about as bad, if not worse than Halo 5's. Janky movement, janky diagonal. As Beast said, Halo 5's issues boil down to movement and verticality, since you can aim just fine in the Throwback playlist. Gimmicks exacerbate an issue, but removing them takes the issues down ten notches, who knew, lel.

But grid aiming is the fact you're literally moving on a grid. Horizontal and vertical aiming take precedence. Spin your reticle in a circle in Halo 3, you'll look around in a square. Even in Halo 5, you can move in a circle.  Diagonal sucks in 3. Which is why this patch is godly, lol.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

It's about as bad, if not worse than Halo 5's. Janky movement, janky diagonal. As Beast said, Halo 5's issues boil down to movement and verticality, since you can aim just fine in the Throwback playlist. Gimmicks exacerbate an issue, but removing them takes the issues down ten notches, who knew, lel.

But grid aiming is the fact you're literally moving on a grid. Horizontal and vertical aiming take precedence. Spin your reticle in a circle in Halo 3, you'll look around in a square. Even in Halo 5, you can move in a circle.  Diagonal sucks in 3. Which is why this patch is godly, lol.

Umm I’ve played classic settings plenty of times, and the heavy aim still was there affecting my shit. And sure the diagonal sucks but whatever. The aiming really isn’t half as bad as h5s. At least in h3 the reticule doesn’t get heavy, or it feels like your aim assist has all the sudden disappeared.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brad Pitt said:

did you never visit bungie or mlg forums lol.

on another note. halo 3's aim system is only better than halo5's because at least its consistent game to game 

also saying you can aim with it so its fine is like saying you can walk while being blind so its fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Riddler said:

did you never visit bungie or mlg forums lol.

on another note. halo 3's aim system is only better than halo5's because at least its consistent game to game 

In my opinion it’s better because when I fucking move my analog stick it stays on target or moves. A lot of times on h5 it gets heavy or the aim assist is out of whack(although this could easily be a server issue).