CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I've been jumping into H3 hardcore on MCC. Been having some fun actually. Although my nostalgia goggles have definitely blurred how frustrating this game is sometimes. I've seen some of you guys too with your TB clan tags :tongue:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Homie, put me on a team with either Legend/McDick and I'll look like a Nipper too.

no

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

I'm running a lobby in H2A at 7:30 Eastern, about seven hours from now.

H2A is my new focus on No-Power-Weapon Halo. We'll be playing with BR Starts and a single frag, with the pattern being Flag, Hill, Flag, Ball, repeat. We'll be using Lockout, Sanctuary and Warlock, along with two Forge maps that were heavily tested back in the day.

https://www.forgehub.com/maps/athlon.440/

Athlon is a symmetric map built for 3 Flag. The one unique feature about it is the Overshield generator down bottom mid. It was pretty much unused in high level play, as the risk was never worth it. Other than that, it's very solid.

https://www.forgehub.com/maps/underwood.546/

Underwood is an asymmetric map built for Oddball and King, and is the only other map in our lineup with teleporters. This map had gone through many versions in testing back then, until it got structured in a way that promotes smart positioning and predicting with the portals.

Send me a message on Xbox Live if you're interested in playing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

3 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I'm running a lobby in H2A at 7:30 Eastern, about seven hours from now.

H2A is my new focus on No-Power-Weapon Halo. We'll be playing with BR Starts and a single frag, with the pattern being Flag, Hill, Flag, Ball, repeat. We'll be using Lockout, Sanctuary and Warlock, along with two Forge maps that were heavily tested back in the day.

https://www.forgehub.com/maps/athlon.440/

Athlon is a symmetric map built for 3 Flag. The one unique feature about it is the Overshield generator down bottom mid. It was pretty much unused in high level play, as the risk was never worth it. Other than that, it's very solid.

https://www.forgehub.com/maps/underwood.546/

Underwood is an asymmetric map built for Oddball and King, and is the only other map in our lineup with teleporters. This map had gone through many versions in testing back then, until it got structured in a way that promotes smart positioning and predicting with the portals.

Send me a message on Xbox Live if you're interested in playing.

I'll play just so that I can experience the gametypes I guess. If I get off work early enough.

Don't think I have you added. rK noKt

On 1/1/2019 at 2:32 PM, OG Nick said:

I get a kick out of this. Ryanoob, an H3 kid, said he could master CE in a week and still gets obliterated by McDick and company at local LANs

Anyone wanna do H2As customs with 110% movement speed? I’ve found it plays a 1000 times better because strafing does shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Anyone wanna do H2As customs with 110% movement speed? I’ve found it plays a 1000 times better because strafing does shit.

Halo 2 Classic also plays 1000 times better.  

Unless you're afraid of button combos and dealing with the reality of varying skill levels.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Unless you're afraid of button combos and dealing with the reality of varying skill levels.

I know how to do button combos so not against that either.  Will have to do it when I get home, should get home an hour for now, I ride the bus unfortunately because I lack a car. 

38 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

H2 Classic also has a host who becomes near unstoppable. 

• Thonking (+0) 1

29 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol how

Fear does things to people, cut him some slack 

42 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol how

When I got home I eat food and went to bed, was pretty tired when I got home. 

Been playing a lot of h2 still some good players left on here. Been tryna run customs can never get the full 8 :mj:

• Like (+1) 2

it's damn near impossible to find a doubles game on CE when you search alone.

Back to social squashes.

• Thonking (+0) 1

21 hours ago, Slayer said:

Been playing a lot of h2 still some good players left on here. Been tryna run customs can never get the full 8 :mj:

The better players play 4s on Project Cartographer now.  H2 on MCC is still a buggy nightmare and nonviable for competitive play or scrims.  Especially since there is still no way to neutral host custom games or play MLG gametypes on dedicated servers unlike H2PC.   There's literally zero 4v4 H2 customs on MCC since the August update, but Dersky/Postums don't seem to really care.

15 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

The better players play 4s on Project Cartographer now.  H2 on MCC is still a buggy nightmare and nonviable for competitive play nor competitive scrims.  Especially since there is still no way to nuetral host custom games or play MLG gametypes on dedicated servers unlike H2PC.   There's literally zero 4v4 H2 customs on MCC since the August update, but 343i/Postums don't seem to really care.

:mj:

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rick said:

Back to social squashes.

That’s weird. I got games all the time. Unless it’s like 3/4 am then it’s rough 

• Upvote (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, AkaDemiK said:

It was fun playing with/against you last night. 

1 hour ago, AkaDemiK said:

What rank are you?  I'm a 21 and cannot find games unless I search with a partner.

13 hours ago, Rick said:

Back to social squashes.

Yup, this has been my CE and H2 MCC experience.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

What rank are you?  I'm a 21 and cannot find games unless I search with a partner.

Yup, this has been my CE and H2 MCC experience.

Once you're past like 22-23, it's damn near impossible to find solo search games. I'm 25 and can't find games unless I switch to a lower account or get a teammate.

7 hours ago, AkaDemiK said:

Maybe it's because I usually start playing after 9PM, and I'm on the west coast.

When I do find games I am usually paired with someone who I assume selected the wrong playlist by mistake.  I had a partner go 0-28 or something like that a few nights ago.
If I rank up a bit (only a 9 because I can't find games, was like a 22 before the reset) I probably won't get paired with those people anymore.

The other problem is that I am way out of practice.  Playing Social is fun, but it makes me very lazy when it comes to the strategy of the game. 

I'll try to see if I can get on earlier and search then, maybe I'll have better luck :)

11 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Anyone here played star wars battlefront 2(2017)? Like the aiming in that is just so off for some reason.

That game is literally garbage so that doesn't surprise me

• Upvote (+1) 1