CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

9 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

damnation sucks fat donkey dick

You probably just get shit spawn all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

You probably just get shit spawn all the time.

playing damnation gives me the same kind of feeling as playing against jigglypuff in melee. 

• Toxic (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

No it’s called I was agreeing with you, stupid.

Next time you agree with someone, just say that and don't use me as a proxy to argue with 343. I don't got time for that shit. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

damnation sucks fat donkey dick

You're right, it's no Pit that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

If the H3 Custom OS couldn’t be burnt, Pit would play Slayer WAY faster.

A great example of how all through the series, a lot of major problems could be fixed with tiny tweaks/patches, but they either never get patched or we never get the option to change them from the developer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

If the H3 Custom OS couldn’t be burnt, Pit would play Slayer WAY faster. Those 3 minute rockets aren’t doing any favors either.

Slower maps just need less ammo and quicker spawns, and they will play faster. Also, power ups go to waste if you don’t use them, unlike weapons, so they will improve the pace of the game. H3 was way too conservative with power ups. They finally figured it out with that 60s duration camo on Construct TS. Helped a boatload.

Yeah it would ensure one team had an advantage to try to push but it still wouldn't really fix the problem. You'd have to do more because the root issue is that you're the most powerful on that map when you're on your side of it short of complete map control due to how easy it is to just let someone walk out of one of the hallways into your whole team without too many good angles to stop it from happening reliably. The reason its slow is basically because of how patient players have to be to find the opportunity to push in on a good team or to punish the bad attempts. Its something I think the developers could solve with a slayer only variant of the map but I don't think the sandbox of Halo 3 could really handle what options we would have in forge (aka basically just having tons of shit spawning all the time). It would also basically have to be power ups that fixed it. If you're winning and you get rockets you might as well just wait out the next rocket spawn if its faster with less ammo. It would probably be VERY hard to escape with a camo on that map if it was in a neutral position unless it were actually completely inside of sword or on banana or something like that. Its probably far easier for us to just not play pit TS. I do think trying to add a camo somewhere is worth trying though

14 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I mean, if we're gonna go by "greater maps", I.E: what was in a comp rotation, Haven literally stands up there with Sanc, Fathom, the like, lol. Especially when Extraction was brought in. Although, comp maps are also kinda subjective when shit like Narrows, and Construct somehow shared space with them. Yeesh. I could go on, but "greater" is nebulous, and I'll just assume it means the ones "good enough" (Loose use given Halo 3, lmao) to be on a circuit.

If you consider Fathom one of the greater maps then yeah feel free to add Haven in there as well lmao. Agree Extraction was good though.

What makes Haven so mediocre when it does its job well. It has good map flow, a lack of dumb, extraneous lanes, meaning finding someone isn't an issue, has some interesting jumps, and a predictable pattern of engagement, with some deviation. So it isn't a mess to walk around. 

As I said, it's not broken so yes everything you listed is true. It just feels like a drag to play on , I blame this on the poor design decisions with all the long hallways, lazy cover everywhere, very few interesting lanes to flank, poor LoS etc. Sprint really fucked the map over as it is stretched to hell and back so maybe if it was remade in a sprintless Halo and un-stretched it might be a decent map because the layout itself isn't terrible.

It's also telling that it's direct remake in H5 didn't make it in the circuit despite having very lackluster competition and the dire need of additional maps later in the game's lifespan.

10 hours ago, Killmachine said:

playing damnation gives me the same kind of feeling as playing against jigglypuff in melee. 

Just out space Bair and dont jump, it's not hard.  :simms:

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Was modes directed at fixtheaimings last few posts. As far as those maps I just genuinely don't like dual snipes. I love Pit and sanc when snipes aren't in play. Pit is worse for me because it's so hard to effectively do anything at range. I personally don't like when weapons spawn at bases and it's basically just one guy on each team straight statting while everyone else struggles to make any progress. The layout on all the maps mentioned is fine and with CTF being my favorite gametype it's hard for me to hate that combo more than any other possible combination. 

a Post from a 343 Dev Zaedyn

1-50 also was not unique to Halo, Halo did it because the designers liked it in Warcraft III. WC3 may have had the first 1-50 system. Although their 1-50 system actually had a hidden MMR (called ELL or expected ladder level) that they matchmade on instead of the actual visible 1-50, similar to how we do that as well. Although it could get a lot more visibly out of sync in WC3 (even though the mm could still be good).The reason Halo adopted it is because it has become the recognized standard across the industry, and it didn't really copy it either. When I designed it for Halo 5, I only really copied it from myself since I also designed it for Starctaft 2 (which started the trend) and Black Ops 2.The military ranks were part of a grind-based system which I also approve of, but I don't think I would use them in a skill-based system because then you are locked out of military ranks that it would be fun to get. Keeping the ranks more recognizable across game makes it less of a big deal from a "gotta have them all" point of view when achievement-based players can't ever get certain ranks, while at the same time it's clear which ranks are above the others. Using random cool names from the Halo world can be potentially confusing even if you know the lore.

Hot Chili Fries, if you see someone higher-ranked than you with a lower win%, that does NOT mean the system isn't working right, it means that player has had a much harder schedule than you have.Proper skill-systems are built precisely because you can't trust win%, otherwise we'd just use that. Win% is misleading and too dependent on matchmaking, whereas TrueSkill correct for all of that, as do the ranks.If a player has a lower win% than you but our predictions of them and you are also accurate (which they are, we have a high accuracy on who wins your matches and your individual performance in those matches), then the player is still better than you.If you fight your way into Onyx only to fall right back out, it's because you don't belong there in the first place, and just lucked into it. All Diamond players sometimes play like Onyx players, but unless it's the norm you won't stay in Onyx.Here's your own performance over time in SWAT. While you've had some spikes up into Onyx, and while your most recent performance has been high Diamond, you are, on average, a mid-Diamond player and have been getting worse over time.

mmr

50 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

a Post from a 343 Dev Zaedyn

1-50 also was not unique to Halo, Halo did it because the designers liked it in Warcraft III. WC3 may have had the first 1-50 system. Although their 1-50 system actually had a hidden MMR (called ELL or expected ladder level) that they matchmade on instead of the actual visible 1-50, similar to how we do that as well. Although it could get a lot more visibly out of sync in WC3 (even though the mm could still be good).The reason Halo adopted it is because it has become the recognized standard across the industry, and it didn't really copy it either. When I designed it for Halo 5, I only really copied it from myself since I also designed it for Starctaft 2 (which started the trend) and Black Ops 2.The military ranks were part of a grind-based system which I also approve of, but I don't think I would use them in a skill-based system because then you are locked out of military ranks that it would be fun to get. Keeping the ranks more recognizable across game makes it less of a big deal from a "gotta have them all" point of view when achievement-based players can't ever get certain ranks, while at the same time it's clear which ranks are above the others. Using random cool names from the Halo world can be potentially confusing even if you know the lore.

I have no idea what this has to do with me 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

10 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

It has everything to do with you now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Absolutely nothing you dope. Hes talking about the ranking system of halo. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

29 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Hey, bud.

Uh.

You quoted him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Smh this is a halo 3 kid in its natural habitat. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Smh this is a halo 3 kid in its natural habitat. 

Smh you’ll get dominated in your ce by this h3 kid. 

4 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I don't play CE you duck 

55 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I get a kick out of this. Ryanoob, an H3 kid, said he could master CE in a week and still gets obliterated by McDick and company at local LANs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Just out space Bair and dont jump, it's not hard.  :simms:

552335b259616ef606dd9a55eb6a19112ff9f1f4

if this is the future i dont wanna live in it

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

16 hours ago, OG Nick said:

I get a kick out of this. Ryanoob, an H3 kid, said he could master CE in a week and still gets obliterated by McDick and company at local LANs

If you put Noob on Legends team against McDick/Legit... it would be good games. He learned quick and is a solid player. If he put enough time in he could definitely be up there with the Nippers.

• Simms (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

If you put Noob on Legends team against McDick/Legit... it would be good games. He learned quick and is a solid player. If he put enough time in he could definitely be up there with the Nippers.

Homie, put me on a team with either Legend/McDick and I'll look like a Nipper too. 

There's levels to this game that outclass everything that has come after it.  The fact is, Tulegit, arguably a top 10 Halo player of all time; and Ryanoob, one of the best players to do it post 2010 got spanked and went 0-2 (IIRC) at the last Beach LAN.  

Your favorite H3 pro player doesn't play CE or H2 because they don't want to get embarrassed in the two most difficult Halo games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

40 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

My post was more on the fact that Ryanoob was really cocky about becoming really good at CE very fast. While I'm sure the guy is better than me, some of that is because he LANs it more than I do and has much higher quality opponents than I could imagine getting. 

Also you could put Me on Legends team against Hard Way and McDick and the series would be good, I assume I have no real basis beyond getting slapped at Beach LAN and playing CE with Hard Way a good amount. It's all relative. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Homie, put me on a team with either Legend/McDick and I'll look like a Nipper too. 

There's levels to this game that outclass everything that has come after it.  The fact is, Tulegit, arguably a top 10 Halo player of all time; and Ryanoob, one of the best players to do it post 2010 got spanked and went 0-2 (IIRC) at the last Beach LAN.  

Your favorite H3 pro player doesn't play CE or H2 because they don't want to get embarrassed in the two most difficult Halo games.

Or, get this, they don't give a fuck about the game. People have no reason to grind out a game that less than a hundred people play. Especially when they already have a game they're fucking competing in. Lmao man. And btw pros can do just fine in H2. CE is just a completely different game that requires you to sit down and actually learn that specific game. H2 isn't nearly as hard for later pros because it resembles the same game they've already played. I know you love H2 and all but trying to say it's anywhere as difficult to pick up and play is hilarious. 

• Downvote (-1) 1