CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

23 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

No I actually haven’t. The trash talk that I hear is usually from the minority or the guys who hate h3 again minority. I’ve heard crap about guardian, and the complaints are reasonable but beside that pit usually is that map, that gets no hate. Or at least no real hate. I call it fake hate simply because it’s like that guy who talks hella racist at an event( ball game for example) and for some reason thinks his opinion is acknowledged or should. 

Even people who love the game like me would concede to many of the faults that it has. Plus, bring the minority doesn't also mean wrong.

8 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Popular opinion is an excuse used by 343, and Bungie before them, to justify ignoring us.

The thing is it wasn’t the majority and there’s evidence to prove that. They followed the cod route aka not their community: 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Even people who love the game like me would concede to many of the faults that it has. Plus, bring the minority doesn't also mean wrong.

Ehhh a decent amount of times it does.

4 hours ago, Killmachine said:

i think i laughed at this for like 10 minutes lol this was hilarious

The Golden Triangle is truly a work of art. Among my very best, I think.

The biggest problem with the pit is that people keep trying to make it a slayer map. It is not a slayer map. It never was. The better people get at the map and the more they want to win the lower scoring it gets. I don't even know how you could fix it short of doing something crazy like only using half the map or knocking the wall down on training or something else just as drastic.

However for CTF the geometry is actually really good and will work in almost any kind of Halo game. Its not accidental greatness like Damnation in CE or something that surprisingly works well like Narrows in H3 only because of how the BR is

4 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

The thing is it wasn’t the majority and there’s evidence to prove that. They followed the cod route aka not their community: 

Well duh. The majority of people who actually liked Halo left because of Bungie and 343's idiotic decisions. I said popular opinion was used as an excuse. I didn't say it was a good one. To 343, the people who play Halo 5 religiously on a daily basis and the people on their forums who praise their every move are the majority.

6 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Lockout and Guardian are not that good.

Unless its Oddball and suddenly they're probably the best two maps in the series? They're trash 4v4 slayer maps though. Great for 1v1 or even 2v2. This whole discussion is just a really big reminder that playing the correct gametype for a map is superrrrrrrrrr important

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Well duh. The majority of people who actually liked Halo left because of Bungie and 343's idiotic decisions. I said popular opinion was used as an excuse. I didn't say it was a good one. To 343, the people who play Halo 5 religiously on a daily basis and the people on their forums who praise their every move are the majority.

When a youtuber like greenskull gets a million views by playing h3 I say their data clearly is wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Unless its Oddball and suddenly they're probably the best two maps in the series? They're trash 4v4 slayer maps though. Great for 1v1 or even 2v2. This whole discussion is just a really big reminder that playing the correct gametype for a map is superrrrrrrrrr important

Every map in ce is straight garbage with obj and 4v4 and this is mainly because of the spawn system.

change my mind.

• WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Most of the h3 maps were made with asym obj in mind iirc.

Well now we're just in spew territory. Where we just spew our opinions on to the forum to try and start a potential argument. Look we can already see a potential shitstorm brewing right now!

19 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I don't even get what's being argued anymore 

I mean for me I just hate how a lot of people will pick certain maps and say they're bad even though the reality is you can't find a map in the series that fits the criteria and is better in many cases. The pit/sanc are great examples of that happening for CTF and the same with lockout/guardian when it comes to oddball. That's not saying they don't have flaws (like how all four of those examples are bad slayer maps) but people are just getting into feelings and theories rather than providing examples of what is better 

44 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

When a youtuber like greenskull gets a million views by playing h3 I say their data clearly is wrong. 

And I'm not saying their data is right. You're a confused fella aren't ya?

13 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I mean for me I just hate how a lot of people will pick certain maps and say they're bad even though the reality is you can't find a map in the series that fits the criteria and is better in many cases. The pit/sanc are great examples of that happening for CTF and the same with lockout/guardian when it comes to oddball. That's not saying they don't have flaws (like how all four of those examples are bad slayer maps) but people are just getting into feelings and theories rather than providing examples of what is better 

Was modes directed at fixtheaimings last few posts. As far as those maps I just genuinely don't like dual snipes. I love Pit and sanc when snipes aren't in play. Pit is worse for me because it's so hard to effectively do anything at range. I personally don't like when weapons spawn at bases and it's basically just one guy on each team straight statting while everyone else struggles to make any progress. The layout on all the maps mentioned is fine and with CTF being my favorite gametype it's hard for me to hate that combo more than any other possible combination. 

Remove power weapons. Remove power-ups. Remove Slayer. Remove controller support. HaLo iS bAcK :walshy::weback::beyond:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

And I'm not saying their data is right. You're a confused fella aren't ya?

No it’s called I was agreeing with you, stupid.

2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Was modes directed at fixtheaimings last few posts. As far as those maps I just genuinely don't like dual snipes. I love Pit and sanc when snipes aren't in play. Pit is worse for me because it's so hard to effectively do anything at range. I personally don't like when weapons spawn at bases and it's basically just one guy on each team straight statting while everyone else struggles to make any progress. The layout on all the maps mentioned is fine and with CTF being my favorite gametype it's hard for me to hate that combo more than any other possible combination. 

Stattiny? Wtf dude there’s literally a strat for sniper plays. All you’ve got to do is flank the guy and there’s 7 ways of getting to the other side of the map and 3 of those can’t be seen from s2

If the H3 Custom OS couldn’t be burnt, Pit would play Slayer WAY faster. Those 3 minute rockets aren’t doing any favors either.

Slower maps just need less ammo and quicker spawns, and they will play faster. Also, power ups go to waste if you don’t use them, unlike weapons, so they will improve the pace of the game. H3 was way too conservative with power ups. They finally figured it out with that 60s duration camo on Construct TS. Helped a boatload.

2 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

If the H3 Custom OS couldn’t be burnt, Pit would play Slayer WAY faster. Those 3 minute rockets aren’t doing any favors either.

Slower maps just need less ammo and quicker spawns, and they will play faster. Also, power ups go to waste if you don’t use them, unlike weapons, so they will improve the pace of the game. H3 was way too conservative with power ups. They finally figured it out with that 60s duration camo on Construct TS. Helped a boatload.

That’s more or less for Slayer. 

17 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

now heres a real advanced opinion : damnation sucko

You shut your dirty mouth about the purple palace.