CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 hours ago, Gobias said:

21 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

What if I not only like Pit, but also guardian, narrows and construct? What's that make me?

Edit: What the fuck why are theyre empty quote boxes? I can't get rid of them.

Lol the biggest problem was that every single map in Reach was garbage. There is a reason we played on like 80 forge maps. On top of that the game itself was garbage until the very end where almost nobody actually played it anyways. People were actually having discussions about how to use Powerhouse. I'm sure someone loved the game or started there so they don't know any better but, seriously, that game was the beginning of the end. Nothing was good about it except for the UI between games. It was a new low pretty much across the board for the series and the first time you could say that about any of the games

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

When @Hard Way tries to help you

Thats better than me. I usually just nade my teammates and blame them for not paying attention.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

If Pit and Countdown are bad than so is Sanc, Midship, and every other symmetrical map.

Yikerz

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

As far as I know it was one of the most tested maps going forward before cancellation. Powerhouse's primary mode was KotH, which played great from what I remember. I think its biggest problem was the spawning or something. Ball never got back in because none of the mainstays played it well. It might have salvaged Penance but like the Haven thing we'll probably never know.

I think if you prevent spawning in the far field(the area people would go during infection) then it probably could play very well.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Countdown is just Reach's version of Pit. A map that's not good but is surrounded by putrid garbage. 

Your opinion officially sucks by calling a map like the pit bad. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

Pit is garbage, get off my lawn. 

Lol how is it garbage? What’s better?  Now I know popular opinion isn’t exactly favored here on maps unless it’s ce maps but the majority of the halo community recognizes pit as a great map, why? Because it’s fun and competitive. You can’t look at the design and tell me it’s honestly bad either. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just now, HeX Reapers said:

If Pit and Countdown are bad than so is Sanc, Midship, and every other symmetrical map.

Lowkey, most of these maps just suffer from dumb weapon placement. Like Sanc's snipers. They're gucci on their own.

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

Lol how is it garbage? What’s better? 

Midship.

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Lol how is it garbage? What’s better? 

In Halo 3? 

Nothing. 

Which is sadder than sad. 

5 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Lowkey, most of these maps just suffer from dumb weapon placement. Like Sanc's snipers. They're gucci on their own.

Midship.

Yeah this coming from someone who thinks power weapons should be removed you don’t get an opinion on weapon placement, especially when they’ve never been complained about . And it’s two sniper placements are well balanced considering their spots. Midship not so bad I’ll give you that it’s a neat map, but I’d still bet my ass people would tell you what’s better pit or midship.

4 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

In Halo 3? 

Nothing. 

Which is sadder than sad. 

Again your opinion instantly becomes vague when your only reason for hating said map is in a game you dislike. 

Again your opinion instantly becomes vague when your only reason for hating said map is in a game you dislike. 

It's almost like that's one of the reasons I hate the game, or something. 

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It's almost like that's one of the reasons I hate the game, or something. 

Really? Like honestly I’m curious why is pit a bad map? I can understand the hate for a map like snowbound or isolation but pit? 

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Have you really never heard anyone talk trash about Pit before? 

No I actually haven’t. The trash talk that I hear is usually from the minority or the guys who hate h3 again minority. I’ve heard crap about guardian, and the complaints are reasonable but beside that pit usually is that map, that gets no hate. Or at least no real hate. I call it fake hate simply because it’s like that guy who talks hella racist at an event( ball game for example) and for some reason thinks his opinion is acknowledged or should. 

Dude you place way too much emphasis on popularity opinion. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's inherently good it just means it's popular. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Dude you place way too much emphasis on popularity opinion. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's inherently good it just means it's popular. 

Ok there’s a difference between something that’s popular for a week and something popular for years. 

As far as CTF maps with actual weapons on them I don't really think you can come back with a better example than Pit or Sanc. Some people might try to put creek in there but I think its fundamentally broken for CTF since one team just has a worse base period. 

Ok there’s a difference between something that’s popular for a week and something popular for years. 

No there isn't lol. Truth isn't measured by mass appeal. It literally means nothing in this context. It's just what a lot of people like. Halo 3 is a shooting game that literally has RNG spread built into it's very core. That is actual trash by competitive standards. But it's still the most popular halo of all time. Does that mean spread is good? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1