CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't care how H5 plays with or without power weapons/power ups, because it's still trash regardless. The movement system is an absolute dumpster fire, even with its skill gap. H5 committed the cardinal sin of letting a mechanic outside of Guns, Grenades, and Melee disrupt them. If I can't shoot my weapon 100% of the time outside of throwing nades and using melee, then the game has a major core issue. H5 is filled with this type of shit. It's not even just the movement system. When you pick up power ups, you have to see the animation, which is a waste of time. But if you ask 343, it's all in the name of "immersion". That's just one of many issues the game has.

Needless to say, that game bothers me.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

I don't care how H5 plays with or without power weapons/power ups, because it's still trash regardless. The movement system is an absolute dumpster fire, even with its skill gap. H5 committed the cardinal sin of letting a mechanic outside of Guns, Grenades, and Melee disrupt them. If I can't shoot my weapon 100% of the time outside of throwing nades and using melee, then the game has a major core issue. H5 is filled with this type of shit. It's not even just the movement system. When you pick up power ups, you have to see the animation, which is a waste of time. But if you ask 343, it's all in the name of "immersion". That's just one of many issues the game has.

Tbh in my opinion the animation is actually necessary so you can force people to burn the power up. Sure we had that in h3 with custom power up, but still.

16 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

None of us haven't played H5 in like a year lol it was just for fun. We all were dealing with the aiming that's what made it fun. 

I have a very low tolerance level, like something that’s complete bullshit causes stress and I don’t feel like stressing myself out. It’s why I deleted h5 since it brought no positivity. Like a lot of my reach pals stopped playing with me because of my constant complaint on heavy aim, I just couldn’t help it and still can’t when I play h5. Y’all complain about h3 aim but, h5 makes h3s aiming look perfect. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Okay then next time we'll do H2A. Since every other game on MCC runs like dogshit. 

As long as you allow me to jump in your backpack.

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Definitely gonna be on the other team homie 

Damn. Do me a solid and give me a teammate with a large backpack. I shall be carried to glorious victory.

5 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Damn. Do me a solid and give me a teammate with a large backpack. I shall be carried to glorious victory.

Nah you should be backpacking us. We only play fake halo like h5. You play real halo. This should be a breeze for a CE player like yourself. 

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Nah you should be backpacking us. We only play fake halo like h5. You play real halo. This should be a breeze for a CE player like yourself. 

I'm half way decent at best dawg. Might need to warn the players involved. I'll also be playing without game sound and I'll probably be on medication depending on the time of day.

You can't back out now. You're stuck with me.

48 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

speaking of immersion i'm praying halo6 graphics don't have every skybox blinding tf outta me

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

FACTS

i've noticed overwatch and destiny do this too... really irritating. the 5 most successful games right now - fortnite, minecraft, csgo, dota and league DO NOT have this problem and it enhances the experience ten fold. i feel blind most of the time i'm in a hectic team fight - especially in h2a/h4

image3.png?w=470

Just now, Knighty Knight said:

i've noticed overwatch and destiny do this too... really irritating. the 5 most successful games right now - fortnite, minecraft, csgo, dota and league DO NOT have this problem and it enhances the experience ten fold. i feel blind most of the time i'm in a hectic team fight - especially in h2a/h4

Yea. Hopefully 343 stops trying to stun us with graphics in multiplayer. Leave that shit in the campaign. Lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

I'm half way decent at best dawg. Might need to warn the players involved. I'll also be playing without game sound and I'll probably be on medication depending on the time of day.

You can't back out now. You're stuck with me.

Bro you can't just play a game as skillful as CE and be average at the easier games. It's just not possible. 

10 hours ago, cH_ said:

slays and capitalizing on someone not occupying a space is what creates opportunity, the only difference is that person "created" that "opportunity" because they were invisible/insta-sploded someone/screen-swiped them with snipe instead of out-positioning and outshooting. its fucking boring. You can say they "fought" and "earned" those powerweapons as well but thats almost never the case unless you count nade spam and thrust-sliding at the moment it comes up then strongsiding away with whatever pickup a skillset as well. it doesnt have to be halo 5 its the same shit in every game. Every power weapon/power up there ever was is cheese and games decided by who gets them the most are trash to watch and trash to play.

This all sounds like pure scrub mentality to me. It certainly isn’t the same in every game either. I keep bringing up CE but it has hella power ups and it has an extremely high skill gap. In CE you DO fight and earn (no quotations) every single item. You can’t thrust slide and strong side away with camo on damnation. If you try and just grab it without first eliminating any threat contesting it you’re gonna get killed and burn that camo. Go ahead and make a bee line for the camo on Battle Creek when it spawns while playing against competent players and let me know how that works out for you. I don’t care how good you think you are, if someone in CE is walking around dicking on you with camo and rocks it’s your fault and they are clearly better than you. If you are continuously being killed by someone with power ups in CE then your positioning and in game decision making skills are pure ass. How you position yourself and make decisions to obtain those items while denying your opponent the same creates some of the most intense and interesting scenarios in all of Halo. I guess it’s all a matter of taste but if you think a game of 2v2 CE on damnation is trash to play and that a game of pistols only CTF on Truth is the pinnacle of Halo playing fun and competition then you and I have very, very different tastes. 

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

We use H5 as a reference because we have actually put time into the game lol. And it's one of the few games where you can actually do something as an individual. The movement skill and shooting skill are some of the highest in the series. So there's enough in the game to keep you working even if it was basically all pistols.  However, the game also has some of the easiest power weapons in existence. Even after multiple nerfs. Old rail used to be the definition of a free kill. It was so easy to snowball games out of control in default by just getting the first set of weapons. Halo 5 was notorious for quick games where a team won the opening battle for weapons and never let up. Removing them made the game play with a little more room for breaking that and allowing cpunterplay. People act like the game without power weapons changes the fact that dying spawns you in an unfavorable position and the team getting kills is controlling the map. People act like collapsing on spawners isn't infinitely easier than defending out of your base. Even without weapons every ctf map in h5 plays the same. It's just not snowballing unless you're straight up getting worked. 

The issue is a lot of people here didn't even really play H5. But have so many things to say about how the game would play.  If you don't believe it try it. 

Yeah but using H5 to judge the validity of power weapons in Halo as a whole is a bad idea because they are absurdly easy to use. There’s a big difference between putting shots on a guy with your pistol in H5 and having him turn on you and no scope you with the sniper and having the same thing happen in CE. The first would be irritating and make you want to throw your controller at the TV. The second should make you say “daaamn nice shot.” I understand and sympathize with a lot of the complaints you and Ice have about power weapons but I think those complaints are more about game specific implimentations of power weapons and just don’t apply to power weapons as a general concept in Halo when actually applied properly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Bro you can't just play a game as skillful as CE and be average at the easier games. It's just not possible. 

Just because I play the most skillful game in the series doesn't mean I play it at a high level. Lol. I love playing CE, but I'm only sort of okay at it. Maybe worse.

Quick question what’s your time zone. If you’re eastern I’m not playing. I live in WA and eastern is a solid 80+ ping and that’s not exactly unplayable it’s just annoying AF. 

2 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Quick question what’s your time zone. If you’re eastern I’m not playing. I live in WA and eastern is a solid 80+ ping and that’s not exactly unplayable it’s just annoying AF. 

We live all over lmao stop. We have people in Canada, Cali and Florida. You just play the game man it's not that serious. 

Shit we even played with a dude from Australia. Just play. 

On 12/25/2018 at 11:35 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

lmao.

On 12/26/2018 at 12:11 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol.

On 12/26/2018 at 2:48 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmfao

On 12/26/2018 at 3:03 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lol.

On 12/26/2018 at 3:04 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lmao 

On 12/26/2018 at 3:18 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lmao.

On 12/26/2018 at 3:46 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmao

On 12/26/2018 at 3:57 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol

On 12/26/2018 at 4:35 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On 12/26/2018 at 5:16 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

lol. lol. 

On 12/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

Probably lol.

On 12/26/2018 at 7:00 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol.

Lol.

On 12/26/2018 at 11:12 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

lol.

lmao. 

On 12/27/2018 at 12:43 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lol. lmao

On 12/27/2018 at 12:52 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lol. lol. 

On 12/27/2018 at 12:55 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lol. 

On 12/27/2018 at 2:18 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lmao 

On 12/27/2018 at 6:44 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmao.

Lmao

Imao.

lmao

Lmao. 

On 12/27/2018 at 7:56 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lmao. 

Lmao

On 12/27/2018 at 8:23 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

And Lol.  Lmao. 

lmao.

On 12/27/2018 at 4:03 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

lol.

On 12/27/2018 at 4:22 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol

lmao

On 12/28/2018 at 2:44 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lmao.

lmao.

Lol. 

lmao.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:07 AM, My Namez BEAST said:

lol.

lol. 

lol. lol.

On 12/28/2018 at 6:44 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

lol.

lol.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:26 PM, My Namez BEAST said:

lmao 

2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

lol

40 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

We live all over lmao.

lol :-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Damn that seems like it took quite a bit. I feel that time would've been better spent hanging out with your grandkids lol :-)

Lol, it only took a couple of minutes. I didnt have to search so hard for it ;-) And it was much more fun than playing mcc.

My family is on Aruba and I am home alone and kind of depressed. And grandkids, lol. I am not THAT old.

9 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Damn that seems like it took quite a bit. I feel that time would've been better spent hanging out with your grandkids lol :-)

Sure I guess send reamis an invite.