CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

They force players to learn different skill sets. This “free kill” notion is absurd. Even 4/4 with rockets is rare. Forget about 12/12 with the snipe. It’s a disingenuous thing to say. We all know you can fuck up with power weapons, and that they take a different skill to use effectively.

Secondly, effective power weapon use is valuable to an obj game because it creates opportunity. Games actually reach the score limit. Without them, on non-arena maps, the out-of-control team can use the map geometry to stall out numbers disadvantage and force the enemy team to overextend in order to pull the flag, for example. Once pulled, the controlling team has a weaker setup and weaker shields, and the respawning team is more likely to stop the run or counter-pull. Look no further than Fathom, and that map had a rail gun and camo. Games end up going to time far more often as a result. 

That was my whole argument. That’s all I really wanted to say. It’s unfortunate that shit got stupid in here, and I own my portion of the responsibility for that. I tried to head it off at the pass with an edit, but I was too slow and just shouldn’t have said it in the first place.

Okay, what skill set do you learn with rocks, lowkey. Sniper rifles make you play like a pansy and enforce the idea of sitting back on a map uncontested, so, there's something there, even if it's stupid (Sanc) but rocks? There's literally nothing to learn, lol. You can run forward and shoot at someone's feet, and they die. Missing a rocket doesn't mean they take skill to master, it just means you choked. Big diff. Even if you don't get 4/4 rocket kills, getting 1 is still a part of the problem, lol. Getting 4 is just a cherry on top of the point.

Annnnnnnd we just played a 3 hour sesh of no power weapon obj games in Halo. Strongholds and CTF, HCS settings barring weapons and super nerfed nades. They literally breezed by, lol. Like, there was no real difference in terms of how long we were playing them, and there were multiple comebacks made without power weapons, with good people on either sides of the teams. Disagree that they create opportunity, or are needed to when we literally had people taking and running with opportunities with no need for these weapons. 

• Salt (-1) 1

Even pro players brick rockets. Granted the difficulty of using rockets in particular isn't that high but it does get harder the better everyone in the game is

slays and capitalizing on someone not occupying a space is what creates opportunity, the only difference is that person "created" that "opportunity" because they were invisible/insta-sploded someone/screen-swiped them with snipe instead of out-positioning and outshooting. its fucking boring. You can say they "fought" and "earned" those powerweapons as well but thats almost never the case unless you count nade spam and thrust-sliding at the moment it comes up then strongsiding away with whatever pickup a skillset as well. it doesnt have to be halo 5 its the same shit in every game. Every power weapon/power up there ever was is cheese and games decided by who gets them the most are trash to watch and trash to play.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

I keep forgetting these kids are using Halo 5 as the basis for their arguments. Never mind then. Carry on.

its no different in the other games smart ass

• Like (+1) 4

Can people just let this no power weapons topic die already...christ. We don’t need another 5 pages of this shit clogging the thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

this wouldnt even be a topic right now if there was anything going on with halo...its gonna be a long 2 years

halo classic should be cool though, interested in watching it

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Okay, what skill set do you learn with rocks, lowkey. Sniper rifles make you play like a pansy and enforce the idea of sitting back on a map uncontested, so, there's something there, even if it's stupid (Sanc) but rocks? There's literally nothing to learn, lol. You can run forward and shoot at someone's feet, and they die. Missing a rocket doesn't mean they take skill to master, it just means you choked. Big diff. Even if you don't get 4/4 rocket kills, getting 1 is still a part of the problem, lol. Getting 4 is just a cherry on top of the point.

Annnnnnnd we just played a 3 hour sesh of no power weapon obj games in Halo. Strongholds and CTF, HCS settings barring weapons and super nerfed nades. They literally breezed by, lol. Like, there was no real difference in terms of how long we were playing them, and there were multiple comebacks made without power weapons, with good people on either sides of the teams. Disagree that they create opportunity, or are needed to when we literally had people taking and running with opportunities with no need for these weapons. 

While I think 5 is better pistols only, this is misrepresenting what was happening. We weren't trying to win and it was 3v3. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

this wouldnt even be a topic right now if there was anything going on with halo...its gonna be a long 2 years

halo classic should be cool though, interested in watching it

Infinite will be played a lot earlier than 2 years if the 2020 release date is happening.

It will be flighted of course as 343 have stated several times. This will in turn provide (hopefully) constructive criticism of what needs to be changed and what is good and should stick. It will of course produce pointless negativity and debate, but some people never change.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

While I think 5 is better pistols only, this is misrepresenting what was happening. We weren't trying to win and it was 3v3. 

Das what losers always say. Kapap.:lxthul:

51 minutes ago, Batchford said:

Infinite will be played a lot earlier than 2 years if the 2020 release date is happening.

It will be flighted of course as 343 have stated several times. This will in turn provide (hopefully) constructive criticism of what needs to be changed and what is good and should stick. It will of course produce pointless negativity and debate, but some people never change.

we wont be seeing tournaments unless they include custom games with those flights, and my guess is they will be only for limited time.

flights are good and i hope to see a beta a year in advance like h5, it changed that game for the better. i want to be hopeful based on what i've seen but my hype for halo is lower than ever and i am not all too concerned with it unless i see some big positive changes in the gameplay part. lets pray

31 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

we wont be seeing tournaments unless they include custom games with those flights, and my guess is they will be only for limited time.

flights are good and i hope to see a beta a year in advance like h5, it changed that game for the better. i want to be hopeful based on what i've seen but my hype for halo is lower than ever and i am not all too concerned with it unless i see some big positive changes in the gameplay part. lets pray

They will probably be doing invite only tourneys (hopefully. pls.) until it launches.

I will make sure to show 343 Ice Princess' posts on power weapons if I get into the flights and tell them not to do that, ever. :Toxic:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Fuckin exposed

The cycle of Beyond continues.

1. Bitch about Halo

2. Get excited about Halo

3. ???

4. Holy fuck we're arguing about power weapons again.

Repeat.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

Can people just let this no power weapons topic die already...christ. We don’t need another 5 pages of this shit clogging the thread.

It was more entertaining when shit got way too personal and we got 5 pages of juicy drama. Now we're back to square one.

9 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

My point is the weapon balance is actually really good in that game. 

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just speaking for what other people would think. That game handled the AR better than Halo 5 by a mile.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Annnnnnnd we just played a 3 hour sesh of no power weapon obj games in Halo. Strongholds and CTF, HCS settings barring weapons and super nerfed nades. They literally breezed by, lol.

Going into detail about this.

We had @OG Nick , @TheIcePrincess , @cH_ , @My Namez BEAST , @TryHardFan , and myself in the lobby, three on three. We did Flag, Strongholds, Flag, Oddball, repeat. Out of the dozen games we did, only two went to time; Fissure, the ******edly huge symmetric Guardian, and Fathom Flag. (Side note, playing Time Return CTF on it worked better, but being able to cap flags without needing to have your own flag at home made it too fast).

We had even teams and were just shooting to our hearts content, poking fun at each other and then some. Comebacks, flanks, 2v1s and the like still happened, even with nades and melee having their power halved. You can scoff that we played Halo 5, but I'm willing to bet if we incorporated the same idea into the competitive settings of other Halos, the same thing would happen.

Games went by with constant action happening, because only focusing on the objective instead of pickups plus objective made gunfights and outmaneuvering more potent. If you don't believe a word I'm saying, you can look in my history on Waypoint and watch all twelve games and see how much was going on at all times. Matches were hot even when we we're only doing 3v3.

Power Weapons are pretty nerfed in Halo 3, but the curiosity of how the maps would play without them have been poking at my brain. With that said, I probably won't be touching MCC customs until the Modern Aim Patch hits sometime late January.

This message isn't meant to be hostile, it's meant to be informative. You can play whatever flavor of Halo you like, Pick Ups or not. Just know that the possibility of that flavor of Halo still being fun without them is higher than you think.

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Going into detail about this.

We had @OG Nick , @TheIcePrincess , @cH_ , @My Namez BEAST , @TryHardFan , and myself in the lobby, three on three. We did Flag, Strongholds, Flag, Oddball, repeat. Out of the dozen games we did, only two went to time; Fissure, the ******edly huge symmetric Guardian, and Fathom Flag. (Side note, playing Time Return CTF on it worked better, but being able to cap flags without needing to have your own flag at home made it too fast).

We had even teams and were just shooting to our hearts content, poking fun at each other and then some. Comebacks, flanks, 2v1s and the like still happened, even with nades and melee having their power halved. You can scoff that we played Halo 5, but I'm willing to bet if we incorporated the same idea into the competitive settings of other Halos, the same thing would happen.

Games went by with constant action happening, because only focusing on the objective instead of pickups plus objective made gunfights and outmaneuvering more potent. If you don't believe a word I'm saying, you can look in my history on Waypoint and watch all twelve games and see how much was going on at all times. Matches were hot even when we we're only doing 3v3. 

Power Weapons are pretty nerfed in Halo 3, but the curiosity of how the maps would play without them have been poking at my brain. With that said, I probably won't be touching MCC customs until the Modern Aim Patch hits sometime late January.

This message isn't meant to be hostile, it's meant to be informative. You can play whatever flavor of Halo you like, Pick Ups or not. Just know that the possibility of that flavor of Halo still being fun without them is higher than you think.

3v3 would be a slightly different dynamic than 4v4 would. Might see games go quicker or hitting time more often or it could be the exact same. I don't think people really expected the games to be boring in the sense that gunfights wouldn't be happening, just that it would feel repetitive as time goes on.

If you guys decide to download insider and try no power weapons in H3 I'd play a few matches just to see how it runs. Even though Halo 3 is my worst Halo by far.

We use H5 as a reference because we have actually put time into the game lol. And it's one of the few games where you can actually do something as an individual. The movement skill and shooting skill are some of the highest in the series. So there's enough in the game to keep you working even if it was basically all pistols.  However, the game also has some of the easiest power weapons in existence. Even after multiple nerfs. Old rail used to be the definition of a free kill. It was so easy to snowball games out of control in default by just getting the first set of weapons. Halo 5 was notorious for quick games where a team won the opening battle for weapons and never let up. Removing them made the game play with a little more room for breaking that and allowing cpunterplay. People act like the game without power weapons changes the fact that dying spawns you in an unfavorable position and the team getting kills is controlling the map. People act like collapsing on spawners isn't infinitely easier than defending out of your base. Even without weapons every ctf map in h5 plays the same. It's just not snowballing unless you're straight up getting worked. 

The issue is a lot of people here didn't even really play H5. But have so many things to say about how the game would play.  If you don't believe it try it. 

11 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

We use H5 as a reference because we have actually put time into the game lol. And it's one of the few games where you can actually do something as an individual. The movement skill and shooting skill are some of the highest in the series. So there's enough in the game to keep you working even if it was basically all pistols.  However, the game also has some of the easiest power weapons in existence. Even after multiple nerfs. Old rail used to be the definition of a free kill. It was so easy to snowball games out of control in default by just getting the first set of weapons. Halo 5 was notorious for quick games where a team won the opening battle for weapons and never let up. Removing them made the game play with a little more room for breaking that and allowing cpunterplay. People act like the game without power weapons changes the fact that dying spawns you in an unfavorable position and the team getting kills is controlling the map. People act like collapsing on spawners isn't infinitely easier than defending out of your base. Even without weapons every ctf map in h5 plays the same. It's just not snowballing unless you're straight up getting worked. 

The issue is a lot of people here didn't even really play H5. But have so many things to say about how the game would play.  If you don't believe it try it. 

I’d play halo 5 more if I didn’t get heavy aim. I still get it, and it’s frustratingly annoying. 

Honestly excited for 2019 mcc an exp progression system, custom browser(h3 infection customs here I come) , hopefully halo reach(TU and v7).

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I’d play halo 5 more if I didn’t get heavy aim. I still get it, and it’s frustratingly annoying.

Is that why you jumped into our party for five seconds then bailed

4 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Honestly excited for 2019 mcc an exp progression system, custom browser(h3 infection customs here I come) , hopefully halo reach(TU and v7).

None of us haven't played H5 in like a year lol it was just for fun. We all were dealing with the aiming that's what made it fun.