CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Given this is a forum, I have nothing to worry about, lol.

When T2 gets out of prison, he'll have something to say about that.

• Fire (+1) 1

So in addition to the "Composer" they added, I really wish they would add a map or two you could veto. Pretty much how WoW battleground Veto works, when you queue for BG's you never play the BG's you veto'd. You could also do the exact opposite where you select a map or two

Last time I played it was always Ivory Tower or Elongation, today it was Gemini, Warlock, Sanc, Gemini. I almost never play Ascension anymore, midship and lockout hardly ever get tossed out to me.

9 hours ago, Sitri said:

It's not entirely unfair for people to dismiss everything from Halo 4.

My point is the weapon balance is actually really good in that game. 

2 hours ago, Nokt said:

Had no idea this was a thing. Has anyone played with this on the Insider?

That video makes the aiming in H1 look pretty bad tbh though I never noticed it being that jumpy but regardless this going to be a great update looks so much smoother in every game and no more needing different sensitives for the other games.

My question is why couldn’t they have figured this shit out for H5 like if the aiming wasn’t complete shit it would’ve made it the game way more playable.

There’s no reason for infinite not to have a good aiming system either just make it identical to H2A anymore they literally just need to copy/paste the values from that game and we’re done.

26 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

That video makes the aiming in H1 look pretty bad tbh though I never noticed it being that jumpy but regardless this going to be a great update looks so much smoother in every game and no more needing different sensitives for the other games.

My question is why couldn’t they have figured this shit out for H5 like if the aiming wasn’t complete shit it would’ve made it the game way more playable.

There’s no reason for infinite not to have a good aiming system either just make it identical to H2A anymore they literally just need to copy/paste the values from that game and we’re done.

Well that's the thing for H5 aiming. They did figure it out. The beta was fine there wasn't really a complaint to be heard. Then they went back in and fucked up EVERYTHING you literally reset aiming lag by pressing start. You could make your character teleport/skip around by spam opening menus. Lol you can't even make this shit up

3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Well that's the thing for H5 aiming. They did figure it out. The beta was fine there wasn't really a complaint to be heard. Then they went back in and fucked up EVERYTHING you literally reset aiming lag by pressing start. You could make your character teleport/skip around by spam opening menus. Lol you can't even make this shit up 

Man I forgot about that. Opening the menu after every kill or just in a slow moment. Can you imagine watching a montage with someone throwing up that menu in the middle of a killtac lmao.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Remember. Because we don't like power weapons, we're bad people.

Not only bad at the game but terrible people in real life obviously. How dare you offer a different opinion without shaming others. How repugnant of you people.

Took a little break from the forums after that cringy af little spat. I feel like the narrative morphed in the meantime.

The Pistols only customs, as a custom, are fine. Honestly who tf cares what settings people play in customs, be it to warm up for MM, train pistol skill, or bc that’s what people enjoy most. To each their own. That was never the issue.

I was debating against the point of view that Pistols only obj is superior to standard obj in general. That was the original argument.

The opposing point of view is that the power weapons are so easy to use that they degrade the game. While H5 certainly is no shining example of power weapon balance, I disagree in spite of that. Even with the sniper that might as well have a crosshair the size of a quarter, I still think they add value to the game for two reasons:

They force players to learn different skill sets. This “free kill” notion is absurd. Even 4/4 with rockets is rare. Forget about 12/12 with the snipe. It’s a disingenuous thing to say. We all know you can fuck up with power weapons, and that they take a different skill to use effectively.

Secondly, effective power weapon use is valuable to an obj game because it creates opportunity. Games actually reach the score limit. Without them, on non-arena maps, the out-of-control team can use the map geometry to stall out numbers disadvantage and force the enemy team to overextend in order to pull the flag, for example. Once pulled, the controlling team has a weaker setup and weaker shields, and the respawning team is more likely to stop the run or counter-pull. Look no further than Fathom, and that map had a rail gun and camo. Games end up going to time far more often as a result. 

That was my whole argument. That’s all I really wanted to say. It’s unfortunate that shit got stupid in here, and I own my portion of the responsibility for that. I tried to head it off at the pass with an edit, but I was too slow and just shouldn’t have said it in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1