CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 hours ago, Killmachine said:

To switch to a more positive note. Had a great time playing Halo 1 customs with @OG Nick and a couple others tonight, as well as some Lockout snipers. Not going to lie, definitely mad about the amount of times he backsmacked me but hey it was a good time regardless. :rekt:

6 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

To switch to a more positive note. Had a great time playing Halo 1 customs with @OG Nick and a couple others tonight, as well as some Lockout snipers. Not going to lie, definitely mad about the amount of times he backsmacked me but hey it was a good time regardless. :rekt:

NOTSUREIF.jpg

18 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Ever played quake with a controller? It’s dogshit. And you already hit the jack pot the majority wouldn’t want to deal with it. Honestly halos aim assist can’t be super low, to a point of non existence I hope you realize that.

Yeah I actually have a pathetic amount of experience using a controller. I know it is never going be even remotely close to a mouse in terms of accuracy but I also don't think people realize it's not impossible. There's a decent amount of muscle memory that goes into it. I played with a handful of others who seemed to break that threshold too. That was a small minority though and the majority of players walk around like they are Peace-Sims from Perfect Dark.

I don't think the changes need to be so extreme so it's 1:1 compared to quake. That to me is the "extreme" example of how things can turn out when you remove the item management game and resort solely to an aim or reaction based gameplay.

Of course I would want a better strafe and a more skillful utility weapon lol. If the utility weapon was like the H2 BE it wouldn't exactly be a fun game. 

Also I didn't even really want to argue about what's more skillful. That can be argued into the ground. It's just simply what I prefer. I found halo 5 to be more fun with no power weapons in both evolved and default. I think the game had a decent enough mechanical skill gap to allow that aspect of the game to shine. 

I've said it before but a game with a good movement skill gap and a good shooting skill gap is what I want. If a game has that I PERSONALLY don't find it to be more enjoyable with power weapons on the map. I'm not saying it's more skillful. I'm saying it's what I enjoy lol. Idek why this became so big both Kill and Grim seemed to understand what was being said. The issue was people acting like it's pure BLASPHEMY to even say something like this when in actuality it's really not that big a deal. I think a bigger game changer would be arguing for or against something like spread or bloom. Having the Reach DMR or the H3 BR compared to a gun like the h5 pistol is a mode inane gameplay difference than simple weapon removal. The problem was just that simple idea was just not something people wanted to even try and look at it. 

And as far as why it got so personal honestly I think shit needed to happen at some point. I can tell you that I know he's had some weird issue with me for a while. Idk why because he never spoke to me and I never did anything yo the guy but people told me he's been talking. Even after all that I STILL said "well I don't have an issue with the guy ask him to play" and he'd tell them how much he hated me. And I never really did anything to the guy. Now I know. People LOVE to bring up me statting and me getting some ego from customs. But don't you think if I wanted to stat is just play MM where people actually loom at stats? Why would I waste so much time setting up lobbies if all I wanted to do was stat? I just wanted to olay the game. Sure I don't literally dive bomb objectives but the whole statting argument is just like kids that o my blame lag. It's an excuse. It's a way to call out the enemy and feel better. I played a fair amount of obj but realistically how much should I play when my 3 teammates are going -20 already because that's the only way to have "fair teams"? Should the only guy that has map presence just give it up for the sake of an obj number? No. And lastly we get to my favorite personal insult from someone who doesn't know me: I wanted to just play against bad people. You can ask the people THAT ACTUALLY know me I was the BIGGEST advocate for trying to have good even games. The only problem was I wanted the average skill level of the lobby to go up and make it even rather than just get a lobby of all bad people. I specifically told every single person that I would help anyone with an aspect of gameplay because my goal was always to make the lobby as balanced as possible. I wanted everyone to improve as much as possible so that the lobbies could be as sweaty as we could make them. I WANTED everyone that played to be better. Instead of getting some hate boner for me years ago why don't you actually ask the people who were in my lobbies and in my parties about how I want to play? Statting is boring as fuck. Pubstomping is boring as fuck. I always wanted to play sweaty ass customs but half the people that weren't too good tapped out immediately and then tried to call ME out. I was the guy that would give 20 minutes speeches after games to people about what we did wrong and how we could do things better. Why the fuck would I give that information out to people i play against if I just want to bot farm? 

Halo 5 pistol only with the extended mag is more fun than default Halo 5, and Halo 3. But MLG H2, and CE are more fun. It's about fun in this conversation lmao. 

19 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Halo 5 pistol only with the extended mag is more fun than default Halo 5, and Halo 3. But MLG H2, and CE are more fun. It's about fun in this conversation lmao. 

It wasnt originally. It’s being made out to be that way now because it’s convenient.

4 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Even if it were just about fun I'm not sure there is a lot of conversation to be had. Since its so subjective you can't really get anywhere past stating your preference

14 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Even if it were just about fun I'm not sure there is a lot of conversation to be had. Since its so subjective you can't really get anywhere past stating your preference

Which is why this whole argument was fucking ******** lmao 

What else can we yell about? We've talked about  problems with vehicles, grenades and now power weapons. What else is there? Button combos?

18 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

What else can we yell about? We've talked about  problems with vehicles, grenades and now power weapons. What else is there? Button combos?

We can talk about how annoying it is to gain water weight that makes your face look all big.(sigh losing this isn’t too hard it’s just annoying AF)  message of the day don’t go off your diet for 2 weeks and expect positive results.(fuck you christmas  season).

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

We can talk about how annoying it is to gain water weight that makes your face look all big.(sigh losing this isn’t too hard it’s just annoying AF)  message of the day don’t go off your diet for 2 weeks and expect positive results.(fuck you christmas  season).

... yeah u rite.

• Simms (+1) 1

Okay, I kind of want to chime in lol. Because the conversation, while very funny, was also pretty interesting but I do feel like there are some perspectives missing here. 

As far as playing games without an abundance of power weapons on the map (read: not pistols only), I can say without hesitation that they are extremely fun to play. Anyone who was a bonafide H2 kid in here should feel the same way because odds are you probably did this very thing and played Tour de Walshes for 4 hours a day -- I damn sure know I did. Rifles only on the map with a pistol secondary start on Midship. Quite literally hours of nonstop entertainment and practice for everyone and it's honestly the way a lot of H2 players got significantly better. Also, throughout Halo history there has always been maps that don't an abundance of power weapons and they played great.

With all that being said.. It's not something that can sustain itself in it's entirety because it does get boring after a while but I made sure to try to stress after a while. The reason why this gets boring after a while is strictly due to the variety. It was something that I tried to point out with the Evolved settings early on before it ended up coming into fruition but I think I remember pointing out the the reactions on Halowaypoint for example when it was hinted that we may start removing a bunch of stuff off the map; the interest shot down immediately after that post in the thread but we were able to reel them back in after the correction. It's just really unappealing for a lot of people.

Based on reading the last 10 or so pages, I don't think @My Namez BEAST was looking to make a case for a permanent replacement for the current maps. I think he was trying to point out that a lot of the same dynamics of the game, such as map movement, can be accomplished in other ways that don't involve rockets; which he's right about. But I also have to agree with some of the points @Basu and @Hard Way and the others were saying that if you don't have a desire to just grind and get better I can see it being a drag for people. A lot of people genuinely like moving amongst the map and trying to control areas for weapons; it's extremely hard to top the appeal variety has to most players and doing the same thing can be rather monotonous (especially if you're not that good at the game and already know what the result is going to be).

As far as the "skill" that each side of the argument has; neither side can ever be wrong about the topic because there will always be a skill present. The only difference is what skill.

• Timing pushes/pinching teams on power weapon spawns is a skill
  • Staying alive in fights long enough for your teammates to get there in pistols only matches is a skill
  • Pistol fights themselves is a skill
  • Positioning with power weapons is a skill (and has a lot more variables than you think, especially in high level play -- it's not as simple as Sniper -> S3 -> Win lol)

I can go on and on, on the skill discussion but there's always two sides to that coin.

That's more or less all I really wanted to say; be chill ya'll lol.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Played a good amount of h1 earlier. Been a while since I played that many games consecutively....felt great. Played Zyos about 4 times during that stretch...

shot registration during some games were rough...really hope 343 can iron that out if they plan on using MCC to run tourneys throughout 2019. The experience online needs to be much better in terms of connection. I still enjoyed myself...but yea...get the registration to be more consistent. 

17 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Okay, I kind of want to chime in lol. Because the conversation, while very funny, was also pretty interesting but I do feel like there are some perspectives missing here. 

As far as playing games without an abundance of power weapons on the map (read: not pistols only), I can say without hesitation that they are extremely fun to play. Anyone who was a bonafide H2 kid in here should feel the same way because odds are you probably did this very thing and played Tour de Walshes for 4 hours a day -- I damn sure know I did. Rifles only on the map with a pistol secondary start on Midship. Quite literally hours of nonstop entertainment and practice for everyone and it's honestly the way a lot of H2 players got significantly better. Also, throughout Halo history there has always been maps that don't an abundance of power weapons and they played great.

With all that being said.. It's not something that can sustain itself in it's entirety because it does get boring after a while but I made sure to try to stress after a while. The reason why this gets boring after a while is strictly due to the variety. It was something that I tried to point out with the Evolved settings early on before it ended up coming into fruition but I think I remember pointing out the the reactions on Halowaypoint for example when it was hinted that we may start removing a bunch of stuff off the map; the interest shot down immediately after that post in the thread but we were able to reel them back in after the correction. It's just really unappealing for a lot of people.

Based on reading the last 10 or so pages, I don't think @My Namez BEAST was looking to make a case for a permanent replacement for the current maps. I think he was trying to point out that a lot of the same dynamics of the game, such as map movement, can be accomplished in other ways that don't involve rockets; which he's right about. But I also have to agree with some of the points @Basu and @Hard Way and the others were saying that if you don't have a desire to just grind and get better I can see it being a drag for people. A lot of people genuinely like moving amongst the map and trying to control areas for weapons; it's extremely hard to top the appeal variety has to most players and doing the same thing can be rather monotonous (especially if you're not that good at the game and already know what the result is going to be).

As far as the "skill" that each side of the argument has; neither side can ever be wrong about the topic because there will always be a skill present. The only difference is what skill.

• Timing pushes/pinching teams on power weapon spawns is a skill
  • Staying alive in fights long enough for your teammates to get there in pistols only matches is a skill
  • Pistol fights themselves is a skill
  • Positioning with power weapons is a skill (and has a lot more variables than you think, especially in high level play -- it's not as simple as Sniper -> S3 -> Win lol)

I can go on and on, on the skill discussion but there's always two sides to that coin.

That's more or less all I really wanted to say; be chill ya'll lol.

Yea I mean I honestly had no idea it would turn into this lol. That's all I was saying I agree 100% . I don't even feel like typing and saying each point again if ANYONE is somehow still trying to get into some weird argument just read this post again. 

Also, AGAIN if anyone has an issue with me personally just know it's one sided. I know a few of yall that do but just know that I literally don't have s problem with ANYONE that ever wants to play customs. 

I do have to say though I was gonna bring up FFA/tour de Walsh lobbies. Stuff like that is a necessity if you want to grind out your gunskill. If you treat pistol only games the EXACT same way you'll have tons of fun. It's almost like playing a kid in streetball. You try and just straight up outshoot people and show who the king is. 

Honestly would be 100% on board with these pistol settings if SB and DB were the only power pick ups. Assuming GP and Spartan Charge is off, they would only increase offensive play potential while still having the user be just as vulnerable as any other player. Both power ups sort of compliment the pistol, plus you get that little bit of movement incentive.

20 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Utility weapon should be a single shot weapon.

That's all I have to add.

I agree, a musket SHOULD be the new spawn weapon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Utility weapon should be a single shot weapon.

That's all I have to add.

I still think the V7 dmr with a TTK of 1 second would be the perfect utility weapon. Long range so it’s not dogshit against sniper countering, great for Btb, skillful, would please the fans like myself who don’t think a pistol aka a weapon meant to be a side arm, should be the main go to weapon. On a side note here this isn’t a battle royale where they’re going to make a separate skin for the utility weapon so that suggestion is out the window. Honestly the v7 settings were perfect. Sure some here might complain about the long ttk but that can easily be tweaked a bit, you had to be pinpoint accurate and reach dmr didn’t have an insane amount of aim assist I will add, and yet it was hitscan, I think it’s bullet mag was pretty low too. Heck’s we can have the h5 dmr but no bullshit like aim assist difference on range.

The h5 pistol was weak as shit until 343 decided to Nerf everything else. 

I made that comment about the side thing because some here act as if the BR,dmr,pistol are all the same weapons. Unless they make a weapon categorized specifically as “utility weapon” the change of look is out of the question.

honestly why doesn’t anyone look at halo 4s sandbox, because that sandbox is actually really good. At least when you look at precision weapons and autos

9 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

These people are really gonna add in a custom game browser and exp progression system before a spectator mode?

I'd argue an exp progression system is more important right now. Plus, it's a lot easier to code in comparison. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

These people are really gonna add in a custom game browser and exp progression system before a spectator mode?

Thry are adding an exp system?

3 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I made that comment about the side thing because some here act as if the BR,dmr,pistol are all the same weapons. Unless they make a weapon categorized specifically as “utility weapon” the change of look is out of the question.

honestly why doesn’t anyone look at halo 4s sandbox, because that sandbox is actually really good. At least when you look at precision weapons and autos

It's not entirely unfair for people to dismiss everything from Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1