CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

4 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

So uhhhh, any more classic Halo tournaments either online or LAN coming up besides UGC St. Louis?

Gamers 4 Giving is having a Halo 3 2v2 tournament March 23rd-24th as part of the HCS grassroots program. No other events have been announced though other than small scale stuff.

1 hour ago, Silos said:

Gamers 4 Giving is having a Halo 3 2v2 tournament March 23rd-24th as part of the HCS grassroots program. No other events have been announced though other than small scale stuff.

Roy said they changed it to 4v4, but can't find any info to support that.

2 minutes ago, AkaDemiK said:

Yo who is playing h1 2s tonight?

Nick and I so far. If you're in that gives us three.

If anyone has any godly halo 3 clips send me a DM with the dvr link, im trying to edit some stuff

17 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, and we hadn't played it either, lol. We were testing out a slew of random maps for what I recall was for a comp tournament with the settings with Forgehub. (SOUL YOU KNOW WHY WE PLAYED THIS, REFRESH ME IF YOU CAN.) Sure, we didn't pick the ball up, but extending a game is how you learn the map, rather than playing it in 3-5 minute bursts, going for a few long hauls is gucci. Even if you get dicked on, I'd rather have that and learn for next time over being frustrated and leaving.

And yeah, Arg and you both do it. Arg's ridiculous as hell (Love you, beeb), and as much as it can be wearing on one's psyche, you're not really innocent there. Do you remember the time you literally dipped on us, and just said "I'm not having fun", and we proceeded to get out-teammed, lol. And that was in like, 2015. Because I was on a lunch break at the time in school, lol. Map was Basin. Very early. Arg might bitch but I don't remember a time where the man's quit on us unironically, or consistently. Again, don't wanna villainize you, I don't care if people do it because it IS a game, but it's a bit of a running gag for you to leave games. 

Towards the third point, all I'd ask is, isn't working towards the goal of getting better good enough? Especially in a barebones environment where it does boil down to shooting your gun. We're all different, obviously. So I'm not saying "play the game as I do", but it's just weird to me. Especially as someone who loves progression systems that are menial as shit, lol.

Fiiiiiinally, I'll be honest, 2016 me sucked, lmao. It's funny, over the time I played Evolved during that time, 2016-early 17, I was a ball of anger, and my skill was superbly lacking. Legitimate gold, mind you. I hated team setups, thought it was unfair, I hated dumb design decisions, or being shat on. And I know you don't like Beast, but I stuck around and just asked the man to help me, and we've spent the past 2 years just playing Evolved/Arena together, learning, and grinding, and he's made me a wayyyyy better player as a result. And it's great. All because I stuck around and my frustration and constant complaining resulted in someone just wanting to help me, even when I wanted to quit. You may have a beef with how I talk like him, but the man's been a good mentor. And stuck by me. And taught me shit no matter how menial, or seemingly basic, right down to stuff like thrust sliding, which I didn't know was a thing until he taught me. Had no reason to teach me when I was a really big prick to him initially, but he did. Not really a surprise I somehow talk like him.

That just wasn’t the way I interpreted that game. I saw a stacked team, a guy on the other side that I had static with, and statting. Came across as really passive aggressive, and not how I want to spend my time. Maybe I read too much into it. I don’t think I did, but it’s possible. Regardless, it wasn’t how I wanted to spend my time.

Im not on the same level of Arg, at all. That’s not fair and you know it. I actually want to win. I will communicate with the goal of helping my team and winning. He doesn’t. Yeah I complain when I get irritated. I probably do it too much. That’s how I deal with my longstanding anger problem (you should have seen me on 05, Jesus Christ...). And when it gets bad enough that I recognize that I’m no longer having fun, I will leave, rather than sitting there like an idiot and getting angrier. Those are the limitations I play under. If I could just not get angry, I would. If the game is important I can put that to the side and focus for my team. But if it’s a BS social game that doesn’t matter? Fuck that. I value my sanity too much for that now.

In Halo 5 (a game I don’t enjoy), with Beast (a person I don’t like), in a custom (a game that doesn’t matter), no. It’s not worth my time.

Thats cool to hear how he helped you. I’m glad that you had that experience. Him and I just don’t mix. I was choosing to show his posts bc the power weapon discussion was interesting, but I knew shit would turn nasty eventually. I made a mistake posting speculation about his intentions with the custom, although I still think it’s true. It was hypocritical to say, and I KNEW he would latch onto that and make that the excuse he needed to go full drama mode. I edited it out within about 15 minutes, but the guy is constantly on the forums so of course he saw it and ran with it.

I hate drama. I hate the way it makes me feel. I pride myself on not holding grudges, looking for good in people I don’t like, and treating those people normally in hopes that they come around. Sometimes it doesn’t work out though. Anyways, it’s cool to hear that he helped you out.

"I pride myself on not holding grudges" he says as he brings up his hatred for a dude he hasn't played with in years. That had no issues with anyone lmao. Literally everyone that has issues with me is by themselves. I never had beef with anyone lmao. You went for personal insults when all I asked was for you to try a custom game. Instead of shitting on it with no experience. But nah GRUDGEway's ego IMMEDIATELY jumped to being salty he got statted on years ago. Lol. That's a grudge my dude. I just wanted people to play customs with you fucking nut. Your own twisted weird mind jumped to a million conclusions lmao. Sorry that customs are SOOOO bothersome to you because you aren't getting some shiny number next to your name. I thought competitive players played games to get good at them. Not leave when they're shitting the bed to play full party social. 

And Idk about you guys but bitching is bitching. Idc if arg is screaming about the game and hardway is screaming about the game (but also trying to win) it's still just as annoying to listen to. Yes you literally complain just like arg my dude. You wanted to mention lack of self awareness? 

And yea I'm on the forums too much. Im the no life virgin. You're the dude bro God. You sound just like the halo kids that get beat and then call the other team real life losers. Yikes. Get some real insults you literally no life halo the same way most people here do. 

At the end of the day you got salty you got shit on in customs. And you held a weird one way grudges for years. But hey trash cans tend to get mad when they get stomped. And rather than improve they just want to pubstomp. I get it. Most players are like that. Just didn't expect "competitive" halo players to be like that. Ah well. 

Maybe it's just me but I love playing people who have issues with me. It's so much more entertaining. Beating someone that you know can't STAND you is such a great feeling. And you know everyone is trying not to lose. That's just competitive gaming man. 

• WutFace (+0) 3

25 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

That just wasn’t the way I interpreted that game. I saw a stacked team, a guy on the other side that I had static with, and statting. Came across as really passive aggressive, and not how I want to spend my time. Maybe I read too much into it. I don’t think I did, but it’s possible. Regardless, it wasn’t how I wanted to spend my time.

Im not on the same level of Arg, at all. That’s not fair and you know it. I actually want to win. I will communicate with the goal of helping my team and winning. He doesn’t. Yeah I complain when I get irritated. I probably do it too much. That’s how I deal with my longstanding anger problem (you should have seen me on 05, Jesus Christ...). And when it gets bad enough that I recognize that I’m no longer having fun, I will leave, rather than sitting there like an idiot and getting angrier. Those are the limitations I play under. If I could just not get angry, I would. If the game is important I can put that to the side and focus for my team. But if it’s a BS social game that doesn’t matter? Fuck that. I value my sanity too much for that now.

In Halo 5 (a game I don’t enjoy), with Beast (a person I don’t like), in a custom (a game that doesn’t matter), no. It’s not worth my time.

Thats cool to hear how he helped you. I’m glad that you had that experience. Him and I just don’t mix. I was choosing to show his posts bc the power weapon discussion was interesting, but I knew shit would turn nasty eventually. I made a mistake posting speculation about his intentions with the custom, although I still think it’s true. It was hypocritical to say, and I KNEW he would latch onto that and make that the excuse he needed to go full drama mode. I edited it out within about 15 minutes, but the guy is constantly on the forums so of course he saw it and ran with it.

I hate drama. I hate the way it makes me feel. I pride myself on not holding grudges, looking for good in people I don’t like, and treating those people normally in hopes that they come around. Sometimes it doesn’t work out though. Anyways, it’s cool to hear that he helped you out.

1.) I think it's reading too much into it, lol. No one really gives a shit about stats or performance in game in customs. Learning the map obviously matters given why we played, but statting literally doesn't matter.

2.) Rage is rage. You guys have both yelled loud enough at certain times to peak headphones that I've already turned down, lmao. It's cool if you want to win, but it's still a thing. Sometimes hilarious. Like me being called a gigantic ****** when I snagged camo from you, only for you to realize it was me which then got a swift apology. Was fucking dying from laughing so hard.

3.) There will be 6 others there for customs, though, not just him. I mean, why not give the statter a taste of his own juice if you dislike him. You don't have to interact with him, no one's asking that, just give the solid dick and go. Surely if you're playing MCC and the like, you can spare some time to just play some chill ass customs.

4.) I mean, I lowkey couldn't care about drama. Not really worth taking part in. Was mostly just explaining why I and my speech patterns have shifted over the past 3 years, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

8 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

"I pride myself on not holding grudges" he says as he brings up his hatred for a dude he hasn't played with in years. That had no issues with anyone lmao. Literally everyone that has issues with me is by themselves. I never had beef with anyone lmao. You went for personal insults when all I asked was for you to try a custom game. Instead of shitting on it with no experience. But nah GRUDGEway's ego IMMEDIATELY jumped to being salty he got statted on years ago. Lol. That's a grudge my dude. I just wanted people to play customs with you fucking nut. Your own twisted weird mind jumped to a million conclusions lmao. Sorry that customs are SOOOO bothersome to you because you aren't getting some shiny number next to your name. I thought competitive players played games to get good at them. Not leave when they're shitting the bed to play full party social. 

And Idk about you guys but bitching is bitching. Idc if arg is screaming about the game and hardway is screaming about the game (but also trying to win) it's still just as annoying to listen to. Yes you literally complain just like arg my dude. You wanted to mention lack of self awareness? 

And yea I'm on the forums too much. Im the no life virgin. You're the dude bro God. You sound just like the halo kids that get beat and then call the other team real life losers. Yikes. Get some real insults you literally no life halo the same way most people here do. 

At the end of the day you got salty you got shit on in customs. And you held a weird one way grudges for years. But hey trash cans tend to get mad when they get stomped. And rather than improve they just want to pubstomp. I get it. Most players are like that. Just didn't expect "competitive" halo players to be like that. Ah well. 

Shitttt, I usually come here to do occasional troll post and sometimes I add a constructive opinion but y’all bitching over a custom game match? And what custom did you play exactly, you’re no weapons on the map customs? Beast let’s be honest, no one wants to play those settings because of several reasons.

1. It’s never ever going to be in tournaments or regular games. 

2. This kinda goes back to number 1 but it’s simply kinda a pointless custom, in the sense once you play regular shit it feels completely different. There’s a reason no one played evolved settings. Anything outside the mm settings of a game is pretty frowned upon. The only exception is infection customs because regular infection isn’t nearly as fun.

3. Trust me I’ve been down this road before when I wanted to get people for evolved or no sprint customs in h4, and peoples only reason for not playing was the difference between it and “mm”. People are always going to hate new settings that aren’t official settings. 

1 minute ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Shitttt, I usually come here to do occasional troll post and sometimes I add a constructive opinion but y’all bitching over a custom game match? And what custom did you play exactly, you’re no weapons on the map customs? Beast let’s be honest, no one wants to play those settings because of several reasons.

1. It’s never ever going to be in tournaments or regular games. 

2. This kinda goes back to number 1 but it’s simply kinda a pointless custom, in the sense once you play regular shit it feels completely different. There’s a reason no one played evolved settings. Anything outside the mm settings of a game is pretty frowned upon. The only exception is infection customs because regular infection isn’t nearly as fun.

3. Trust me I’ve been down this road before when I wanted to get people for evolved or no sprint customs in h4, and peoples only reason for not playing was the difference between it and “mm”. People are always going to hate new settings that aren’t official settings. 

No that's not it at all lol. I don't want or plan on having consistent pistol only lobbies. Just that if you're gonna call it shit at least play it. And dude it's basically the normal game. At the VERY LEAST it's literally a matchmaking warm up. It's not like evolved at all  it's the EXACT same game you play in mm without weapons in play. You're basically doing a utility weapon aim drill. Not unlike an FFA warm up or an octagon. It's not like I'm asking to play fiesta lol. 

As far as the beef goes I mean I've said it already lol. The man had some weird grudge against me for shit I had no idea about. And eventually it boils over lol. I had no issues with the guy until I heard things he has said about me. He got stomped in customs and started gating me. Idk what to say. 

And No we played evolved customs before. We all knew going in that people wouldn't be amazing at it because it's so different. No one and I mean NO ONE cared about how good people were. The only annoying thing was the bad kids whining about the good kids being too good. And CONSTANTLY making us swap teams Every game. Every single game. No matter what certain people always complained. We tried everything to balance teams and the OG members will tell you that 

2 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

No that's not it at all lol. I don't want or plan on having consistent pistol only lobbies. Just that if you're gonna call it shit at least play it. And dude it's basically the normal game. At the VERY LEAST it's literally a matchmaking warm up. It's not like evolved at all  it's the EXACT same game you play in mm without weapons in play. You're basically doing a utility weapon aim drill. Not unlike an FFA warm up or an octagon. It's not like I'm asking to play fiesta lol. 

As far as the beef goes I mean I've said it already lol. The man had some weird grudge against me for shit I had no idea about. And eventually it boils over lol. I had no issues with the guy until I heard things he has said about me. He got stomped in customs and started gating me. Idk what to say. 

And No we played evolved customs before. We all knew going in that people wouldn't be amazing at it because it's so different. No one and I mean NO ONE cared about how good people were. The only annoying thing was the bad kids whining about the good kids being too good. And CONSTANTLY making us swap teams Every game. Every single game. No matter what certain people always complained. We tried everything to balance teams and the OG members will tell you that 

Well that’s what happens when you do customs with btb kids and have Roy and lunchbox in your game.

all jokes aside it honestly is the fault of having lesser skilled players. I’ve played with hardway in mm CE and he did good but that’s not saying much since it’s all he plays.

If you can’t balance teams then find new people, although that can be difficult at the same time. 

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

Well that’s what happens when you do customs with btb kids and have Roy and lunchbox in your game.

all jokes aside it honestly is the fault of having lesser skilled players. I’ve played with hardway in mm CE and he did good but that’s not saying much since it’s all he plays.

If you can’t balance teams then find new people, although that can be difficult at the same time. 

Yea I mean we all were just playing for fun. Most of the game would be me ego challenging a couple friends as much as possible and vice versa. We just wanted to shoot our guns and chill. When people complained we always changed teams. But what can you do when you try every combination and yet the same few people keep complaining ya know? 

And that's the other funny thing. I offered to help anyone that wanted to improve. I told them id help them with any aspect of the game they wanted to know from me. Even if it was a simple as spawns. Kelly used to bitch about teams as much as anyone. She would perform poorly and constantly complain. Then eventually she decided eff that I want to improve. And we grinded the game out and saw a significant change. And guess what? She never complained about tram balance again. 

If someone performs poorly and constantly complains but doesn't want to improve idk what to do. None of us are fodd at Halo by any means either. Honestly at best I am pretty average.  So if people aren't doing that well they can still catch up relatively easily. They just have to put in the effort. Which no one did. 

And yea it was hard to find people lol. There's only so much you can do with some weird niche settings in an already disliked video game  I expected that. What I didn't expect was for so many people to literally not want to improve at all. They just wanted to complain and play MM. 

13 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Let me get this straight, you guys played H5? :wutface:

Which is exactly why it's weird to bring up the fact that we cared about stats lmao. We never gave a shit because we KNOW people don't really play H5. We didn't care about skill level. We just tied to play h5 the way people wanted to. 

Like dude it was halo 5 man we REALLY honestly didn't give a fuck about performance. Just attitude. If you want to complain while also refusing to improve then idk what you expect. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

I've played with these clowns enough to know stats don't actually matter to em. I was consistently among the worst in the lobby but it's not like I got "bullied" for it.

To switch to a more positive note. Had a great time playing Halo 1 customs with @OG Nick and a couple others tonight, as well as some Lockout snipers. Not going to lie, definitely mad about the amount of times he backsmacked me but hey it was a good time regardless. :rekt:

• Upvote (+1) 1

To switch to a more positive note. Had a great time playing Halo 1 customs with @OG Nick and a couple others tonight, as well as some Lockout snipers. Not going to lie, definitely mad about the amount of times he backsmacked me but hey it was a good time regardless. :rekt:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

To switch to a more positive note. Had a great time playing Halo 1 customs with @OG Nick and a couple others tonight, as well as some Lockout snipers. Not going to lie, definitely mad about the amount of times he backsmacked me but hey it was a good time regardless. :rekt:

3 hours ago, Silos said:

I want to get in on some customs action. 

These are exactly the kinds of discussions I don't want to jump into. It's clear nothing can be said without it being taken wildly out of context and personal.

I think that for the sake of Halo's core, I would be more willing to discuss how to change the mechanics of the power weapons versus changing the mechanics of the utility weapon if I was forced to just choose one in terms of weapon balance. I believe if done correctly it would create more weapons that have niche roles and then counters to that.

I've played a decent amount of quake and unreal and have played plenty of Rails/Instagib matches. Those modes are actually a lot of fun and I can play them all day. The major difference there is a massive gap in aim skill and movement speed compared to any Halo. Aim skill and reaction time are now incredibly important since you no longer have to put as much thought into timing and your movement. With armor and weapons, the aim skill and reaction time still exist all the same but you just have plenty of other items to contest for interesting engagements. I've played these same Rails Only modes in CTF. Same deal, it was fun, people in that game both camp and play the obj since I guess a lot maps are set up to hold the flag in a base or isolated room. I just personally didn't find that rails only was a harder game or took more skill than a regular duel.

Yeah, Halo isn't quake, but it doesn't sound like anyone else is providing examples of how it could work from other games. We would need to increase the movement speed and strafe acceleration. Turn down aim assist and auto-aim to create an interesting enough weapon to me to warrant it's own gameplay. I disagree that it is impossible to aim without these mechanics on an analog stick but absolutely believe that the majority of the console base would not want to deal with it.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Teapot said:

These are exactly the kinds of discussions I don't want to jump into. It's clear nothing can be said without it being taken wildly out of context and personal.

I think that for the sake of Halo's core, I would be more willing to discuss how to change the mechanics of the power weapons versus changing the mechanics of the utility weapon if I was forced to just choose one in terms of weapon balance. I believe if done correctly it would create more weapons that have niche roles and then counters to that.

I've played a decent amount of quake and unreal and have played plenty of Rails/Instagib matches. Those modes are actually a lot of fun and I can play them all day. The major difference there is a massive gap in aim skill and movement speed compared to any Halo. Aim skill and reaction time are now incredibly important since you no longer have to put as much thought into timing and your movement. With armor and weapons, the aim skill and reaction time still exist all the same but you just have plenty of other items to contest for interesting engagements. I've played these same Rails Only modes in CTF. Same deal, it was fun, people in that game both camp and play the obj since I guess a lot maps are set up to hold the flag in a base or isolated room. I just personally didn't find that rails only was a harder game or took more skill than a regular duel.

Yeah, Halo isn't quake, but it doesn't sound like anyone else is providing examples of how it could work from other games. We would need to increase the movement speed and strafe acceleration. Turn down aim assist and auto-aim to create an interesting enough weapon to me to warrant it's own gameplay. I disagree that it is impossible to aim without these mechanics on an analog stick but absolutely believe that the majority of the console base would not want to deal with it.

Ever played quake with a controller? It’s dogshit. And you already hit the jack pot the majority wouldn’t want to deal with it. Honestly halos aim assist can’t be super low, to a point of non existence I hope you realize that.