CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 minute ago, Scarecrow said:

Why is it always the same ppl bitching and arguing on this site?

This is the entire Halo community 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5
  • Toxic (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

THERE it is. There it is. Lmao. Dude why do you get so butthurt about customs. We have literally had lobbies where we split evenly and you've quit out within 30 seconds. THIRTY SECONDS BRO. Every time we have ever played customs you've quit within minutes. How can you complain about team balance when you don't even give the game time to develop? Lmao and I always love how the same people that "play for the win" or "don't care about stats" ALWAYS bring up stats. 

I don't give a fuck what my stats are in a custom homie. I literally spend half my games overchallenging my friends because it's fun. Just cuz you get salty and drop neg bombs doesn't mean anyone else gives a shit about stats. So back that shit up. 

This is flat out untrue. I'll break it down point by point bc theres a lot to unpack. First of all, I had long play sessions of Evolved with you guys, so right away you're just wrong. I didn't start insta-leaving lobbies when I saw you in them until I was all too familiar with your pattern of behavior, AND I knew I didn't like your personality. It took both things before I started doing that, and it's a reasonable thing to do. I gave you plenty of chances because I wanted to like you.

Team balance was an issue in almost every single lobby we played, and there was never an earnest attempt to fix it. And you of ALL people don't get to talk about "not bringing up stats". In 15 years with the game, you talk about your stats more than ANYONE I have ever played with. That's not hyperbole. I mean that. It's hilarious that you would try to make these claims. The lack of self awareness is fucking staggering. If being allergic to the obj wasn't enough, I've even heard you brag about damage while shooting idle people, in a custom. But tell me more about how you don't care about stats. This is gold.

There is no other motive to wanting to play customs you literal freak lmao. I just want to shoot shit in customs. I've been doing this for years. Relax man no one is trying to stat on you in a game mode where stats mean Jack shit. 

You always tell me I get personal or I am the one being rude. Yet You be carried this weird ass grudge against me forever because you did bad in a few customs. Where no one but you have a shit. Where no one but you quit. 

I edited out the part of my post that you took issue with (sweet job ignoring the rest of the post btw), because I recognized my own hypocrisy about getting personal. But what you call a grudge, I call a memory. I know what you're about, and I'm not interested. No one else in those lobbies cared about team balance or wanted to make enough of a stink about it that things actually got changed. Smartan, Nick and Soul are pretty laid back dudes and were content to just play. I'm over here looking at this obvious flaw and wondering why no one wants to do anything about it, and all the while I'm hearing you (not me) go on and on about your stats in this comically stacked custom lobby.  So yeah, miss me with that shit this time around. I've got better things to do. At least Evolved needed testing. We already know what this is bc we play it for 1/3rd of every game on these maps anyways.

Dude you always talk about weird ass gametypes and maps you like. You always talk allllllll about the lowkey map game combinations you like. But no one calls your stuff shit. Especially without playing it. No one cares how well you perform man. Relax about stats. Seriously. 

A lot of times I bring those up because I know it's an unpopular opinion, and I'm actually eager to defend it. We need stuff to talk about around here. And like keep saying, this gametype isn't even that different. It's not hard to imagine how it would play. It doesn't sound appealing to me. I would watch gameplay to see if I'm right, but I don't want or need to play it.  Also, the fact that we don't even get along makes it weird that you keep insisting that I play customs with you. Unless of course you're trying to do what you claim you're not.

And lastly, man 2 people earlier already mentioned that most halo games have slow spawning weapons. And that for most games you actually aren't using weapons that often.  And that removing them isn't the CRAZIEST thing because in all honestly games like h3 can have entire games with minimal power weapon kills. So it's not some CRAZY thing like hey man let's play fiesta KOTH. If anything it's just a more "simplified version" of the game YOU ALREADY PLAY. AT worst it's just a more boring game lmao but yea call it shit. 

Funny the guy that says people want safe spaces for not wanting game chat is the same guy that can't play customs in a lobby with a guy he has a weird one sided issue with and literally blocks people. Huh. 

Thanks for getting personal man and finally showing how bitter you are for getting slapped in customs before. Lmao. 

Nowhere did I say it was crazy. Stop trying to misrepresent me. I said it's bland, unfun Halo that takes too long to finish. Certain maps geometry lends itself to stalling out engagements, and forcing the team in the controlling position to sacrifice too much shield and overcommit in order to pull the flag without power weapons. I'm 95% sure on that based on a lot of experience with Halo, but that last 5% makes me want to watch gameplay to be sure.

That's a reach. Yeah dude, not wanting to go out of my way to spend time with someone I find insufferable is totally the same expecting communication from my team in a ranked game. This comparison sucks. You're trying too hard.

What you call bitterness, I call revealing your true intentions. You think stacking teams, statting on people, and stroking off to your damage will help you "win" an argument about something that doesn't matter and will never be implemented. Think you won't? You're literally doing it in this post.

31 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

If you literally can't find the game fun just grinding out your gunskill with the main gun maybe it's YOU that doesn't like halo lmao 

Or maybe I just like the whole game and don't want to reduce it to a single aspect of it. Wild, I know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

This is flat out untrue. I'll break it down point by point bc theres a lot to unpack. First of all, I had long play sessions of Evolved with you guys, so right away you're just wrong. I didn't start insta-leaving lobbies when I saw you in them until I was all too familiar with your pattern of behavior, AND I knew I didn't like your personality. 

Okay, I don't wanna start real shit. You're my dude and all (And I'm w/e you see me as, lmao.) but the last memory I have of playing with you was you quitting a custom game really quickly when we weren't (As enemies) playing obj. Was oddball. And one of my earliest is you leaving us in a full game after raging in BTB. And lowkey, I don't even remember you playing Evolved. If you did, it wasn't for long. And I was there until it fizzled and died, and still am a part of the circle who played it likewise, lol. 

Holy shit. Dude you literally NEVER played evolved. Ever. You played like twice. Prove me wrong. You're actually delusional lmao. And my man I had NOTHING to do with yrak balance. Ask anyone that played we tried our best to balance lobbies. It's just kinda hard when there's a fee good people and then just a bunch of shitters. Imagine being at the bottom of the board every game and bitching about teams. Lmao wouldn't be me. How about, I don't know, getting better at the game instead of whining that people aren't carrying you hard enough? Weird concept. The only time teams became stacked was when evolved was already dead. Because Clay Nick Daren and I were tired of shitters and hearing people so we just wanted to play together and chill. 

And yea we always brought up stats. Clay and I ALWAYS joke about stats at the end of games. I'm sorry it's offensive to you. We jokingly being up stuff all the time cuz it's hilarious. We make fun of each other's stats and pretend to be Gods when we do the best. I'm sorry you took it all literally and to heart. 

Holy shit man it's so funny that you mention this shit. I've played on more unfair teams than anyone in my time with evolved. I never bitched about teams and I always played. The only difference was I wasn't dogshit at the game and I could actually hold my own even against parties that were better than me. 

You literally didn't play evolved man I was in almost EVERY lobby the whole time. You didn't grind out evolved. Everyone will call your bullshit on that. 

But yea keep screaming at your teammates all game and rage quitting then blame the world for it. Being ass and whining about teams is such a lame thing to do I can't even begin to imagine doing it. 

Oh and you can say I'm allergic to the obj (GREAT INSULT MAN) but I played the most obj on my team lmao. And we we won. So what are you criticizing? I literally outperform you every game every time we ever play. You're lost man. 

And personalities are fun man. My friends and I chillin making jokes and relaxing. Or you screaming your head off in every game struggling to do well. I know what i choose 

3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Okay, I don't wanna start real shit. You're my dude and all (And I'm w/e you see me as, lmao.) but the last memory I have of playing with you was you quitting a custom game really quickly when we weren't (As enemies) playing obj. Was oddball. And one of my earliest is you leaving us in a full game after raging in BTB. And lowkey, I don't even remember you playing Evolved. If you did, it wasn't for long. And I was there until it fizzled and died, and still am a part of the circle who played it likewise, lol. 

I remember that oddball game. It was on some urban map Multi and I had never played before. Teams sucked. Flat out. Like not even close to balanced. And on top of that you guys were taking your sweet time dragging it out. It came off as really childish, because at that point there was already a little friction between me and Beast, but I said fuck it, I'll give it a shot. I realized what was happening, and had no patience for it.

As for the BTB rage, listening to Arg complain about anything and everything he could think of, literally nonstop, for like 10 games in a row, wore on me. Then we finally get a challenging game, and no one is answering the bell. There's no "oh shit these guys can play, lets try" moment. Just more endless bitching, except now we're losing as a to8 that had way too much talent to be losing. It took multiple times of that happening for me to have enough.

As for Evolved, I played early on, when he was still figuring out if we wanted grenade knockback for nade jumps and such. Back when Deucey was playing with us. I had a couple long sessions and had a lot of fun. But I'm not much of a customs guy anyways. I'm kind of a slave to goals and progression. I hate the feeling of empty games. I know that's a shitty trait to have, but I can't really shake it. I like to be working towards a tangible goal.

And since you brought it up, theres a rift that's been growing between us too. We used to be pretty cool and could be again one day, but I keep seeing traces of Arg and Beast in your writing style, and to be honest it's been disappointing these past several months. I liked '16 Kelly better.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Again, removing aim assist requiring the need to be more precise doesn't mean that's how it works, lol. Thumbs are inherently inaccurate and poor aiming devices, and removing aim assist won't suddenly make them better aiming devices. Needing to be more precise doesn't mean you actually can be. Because thumbs suck to the point where it has nothing to do with skill at that point. It's not like we put aim assist in just because, lmao.  

Besides, this does erase that reality. I alone could sit in basement on Truth and sway how people spawn all by myself, regardless of the fact my team could sit bubble, or top mid, etc, completely away from me. You don't need to just shoot people to make or create meaningful plays. Your power can lay in influence, which will have a better impact than a free kill gun. And if it's stale to you, so what. It's still better fundamentally, lmao. Don't really care if it gets "boring" to one. Not really a metric.

And the last depends on the "reward". If it's mindless and does nothing but give people free kills, then yeah, it's stupid. Why is it fun to get free or easy kills. I can "get" the idea I might be unfun and square and may not like certain mechanics, but realistically, how do you have fun with shit that isn't at all rewarding to use from a skill perspective? Be real with me. Because I simply do not get it.

The fact that your thumbs aren't good aiming devices literally means nothing. The point still stands, even if kill times are astronomically high, those who have the better shot will win. Less aim assist the more its on you to aim. Skill.

You have that influence with or without power weapons so I don't really see your point. That's fine that fun, boring, stale, exciting, etc isn't a metric to you, but thats what keep people playing games. Its highly subjective, but that doesn't just erase it. Its the reason that games get big and games fail.

I assume you're talking rockets here, but I did notice you say that the sniper isn't skillful either (possibly baring Halo 3). Not everyone is out here pulling Hyena tier clips with a sniper rifle. So whats the difference between him and everyone else?

19 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Holy shit. Dude you literally NEVER played evolved. Ever. You played like twice. Prove me wrong. You're actually delusional lmao. And my man I had NOTHING to do with yrak balance. Ask anyone that played we tried our best to balance lobbies. It's just kinda hard when there's a fee good people and then just a bunch of shitters. Imagine being at the bottom of the board every game and bitching about teams. Lmao wouldn't be me. How about, I don't know, getting better at the game instead of whining that people aren't carrying you hard enough? Weird concept. The only time teams became stacked was when evolved was already dead. Because Clay Nick Daren and I were tired of shitters and hearing people so we just wanted to play together and chill. 

And yea we always brought up stats. Clay and I ALWAYS joke about stats at the end of games. I'm sorry it's offensive to you. We jokingly being up stuff all the time cuz it's hilarious. We make fun of each other's stats and pretend to be Gods when we do the best. I'm sorry you took it all literally and to heart. 

Holy shit man it's so funny that you mention this shit. I've played on more unfair teams than anyone in my time with evolved. I never bitched about teams and I always played. The only difference was I wasn't dogshit at the game and I could actually hold my own even against parties that were better than me. 

You literally didn't play evolved man I was in almost EVERY lobby the whole time. You didn't grind out evolved. Everyone will call your bullshit on that. 

But yea keep screaming at your teammates all game and rage quitting then blame the world for it. Being ass and whining about teams is such a lame thing to do I can't even begin to imagine doing it. 

This guy can't figure out why people don't want to join his custom lobbies.

• Fire (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

This guy can't figure out why people don't want to join his custom lobbies.

Cool. Don't play then. Remain a shitter and complain when you get stomped. Make all the excuses you can and go play BTB in a full party against bots. Avoid the competitive gametypes and avoid the customs. Whether for fun or for sweating. I really don't give a fuck any more. I just can't imagine being a bottom level player in a lobby and whining about balance. Like maybe if you could actually contribute teams would be more fair. 

And Lol. Ask the people that played evolved please. Ask soul or deucey or Mythik Nick or Kelly. And if we ever tried to balance lobbies. We would have to change teams every game cuz someone would be crying. And that someone was always the guy performing like ass. Lmao. 

And let me make this clear to yall. I never had issues with people in lobbies. Even people that would argue with me. You can ask people like Soul. I just wanted to play the game. But there are always people that held weird one way grudges until things boiled over. I literally had no issues with you till I heard you shit talking lmao. Just weird that it phased you so much. 

• Toxic (+1) 1

Just now, Hard Way said:

I remember that oddball game. It was on some urban map Multi and I had never played before. Teams sucked. Flat out. Like not even close to balanced. And on top of that you guys were taking your sweet time dragging it out. It came off as really childish, because at that point there was already a little friction between me and Beast, but I said fuck it, I'll give it a shot. I realized what was happening, and had no patience for it.

As for the BTB rage, listening to Arg complain about anything and everything he could think of, literally nonstop, for like 10 games in a row, wore on me. Then we finally get a challenging game, and no one is answering the bell. There's no "oh shit these guys can play, lets try" moment. Just more endless bitching, except now we're losing as a to8 that had way too much talent to be losing. It took multiple times of that happening for me to have enough.

As for Evolved, I played early on, when he was still figuring out if we wanted grenade knockback for nade jumps and such. Back when Deucey was playing with us. I had a couple long sessions and had a lot of fun. But I'm not much of a customs guy anyways. I'm kind of a slave to goals and progression. I hate the feeling of empty games. I know that's a shitty trait to have, but I can't really shake it. I like to be working towards a tangible goal.

And since you brought it up, theres a rift that's been growing between us too. We used to be pretty cool and could be again one day, but I keep seeing traces of Arg and Beast in your writing style, and to be honest it's been disappointing these past several months. I liked '16 Kelly better.

Yeah, and we hadn't played it either, lol. We were testing out a slew of random maps for what I recall was for a comp tournament with the settings with Forgehub. (SOUL YOU KNOW WHY WE PLAYED THIS, REFRESH ME IF YOU CAN.) Sure, we didn't pick the ball up, but extending a game is how you learn the map, rather than playing it in 3-5 minute bursts, going for a few long hauls is gucci. Even if you get dicked on, I'd rather have that and learn for next time over being frustrated and leaving.

And yeah, Arg and you both do it. Arg's ridiculous as hell (Love you, beeb), and as much as it can be wearing on one's psyche, you're not really innocent there. Do you remember the time you literally dipped on us, and just said "I'm not having fun", and we proceeded to get out-teammed, lol. And that was in like, 2015. Because I was on a lunch break at the time in school, lol. Map was Basin. Very early. Arg might bitch but I don't remember a time where the man's quit on us unironically, or consistently. Again, don't wanna villainize you, I don't care if people do it because it IS a game, but it's a bit of a running gag for you to leave games. 

Towards the third point, all I'd ask is, isn't working towards the goal of getting better good enough? Especially in a barebones environment where it does boil down to shooting your gun. We're all different, obviously. So I'm not saying "play the game as I do", but it's just weird to me. Especially as someone who loves progression systems that are menial as shit, lol.

Fiiiiiinally, I'll be honest, 2016 me sucked, lmao. It's funny, over the time I played Evolved during that time, 2016-early 17, I was a ball of anger, and my skill was superbly lacking. Legitimate gold, mind you. I hated team setups, thought it was unfair, I hated dumb design decisions, or being shat on. And I know you don't like Beast, but I stuck around and just asked the man to help me, and we've spent the past 2 years just playing Evolved/Arena together, learning, and grinding, and he's made me a wayyyyy better player as a result. And it's great. All because I stuck around and my frustration and constant complaining resulted in someone just wanting to help me, even when I wanted to quit. You may have a beef with how I talk like him, but the man's been a good mentor. And stuck by me. And taught me shit no matter how menial, or seemingly basic, right down to stuff like thrust sliding, which I didn't know was a thing until he taught me. Had no reason to teach me when I was a really big prick to him initially, but he did. Not really a surprise I somehow talk like him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lobby balance was always an issue. We could only ever get it to somewhat even. Everyone took their L's. Some just took more than others like your boy, me. 

11 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, and we hadn't played it either, lol. We were testing out a slew of random maps for what I recall was for a comp tournament with the settings with Forgehub. (SOUL YOU KNOW WHY WE PLAYED THIS, REFRESH ME IF YOU CAN.) Sure, we didn't pick the ball up, but extending a game is how you learn the map, rather than playing it in 3-5 minute bursts, going for a few long hauls is gucci. Even if you get dicked on, I'd rather have that and learn for next time over being frustrated and leaving.

And yeah, Arg and you both do it. Arg's ridiculous as hell (Love you, beeb), and as much as it can be wearing on one's psyche, you're not really innocent there. Do you remember the time you literally dipped on us, and just said "I'm not having fun", and we proceeded to get out-teammed, lol. And that was in like, 2015. Because I was on a lunch break at the time in school, lol. Map was Basin. Very early. Arg might bitch but I don't remember a time where the man's quit on us unironically, or consistently. Again, don't wanna villainize you, I don't care if people do it because it IS a game, but it's a bit of a running gag for you to leave games. 

Towards the third point, all I'd ask is, isn't working towards the goal of getting better good enough? Especially in a barebones environment where it does boil down to shooting your gun. We're all different, obviously. So I'm not saying "play the game as I do", but it's just weird to me. Especially as someone who loves progression systems that are menial as shit, lol.

Fiiiiiinally, I'll be honest, 2016 me sucked, lmao. It's funny, over the time I played Evolved during that time, 2016-early 17, I was a ball of anger, and my skill was superbly lacking. Legitimate gold, mind you. I hated team setups, thought it was unfair, I hated dumb design decisions, or being shat on. And I know you don't like Beast, but I stuck around and just asked the man to help me, and we've spent the past 2 years just playing Evolved/Arena together, learning, and grinding, and he's made me a wayyyyy better player as a result. And it's great. All because I stuck around and my frustration and constant complaining resulted in someone just wanting to help me, even when I wanted to quit. You may have a beef with how I talk like him, but the man's been a good mentor. And stuck by me. And taught me shit no matter how menial, or seemingly basic, right down to stuff like thrust sliding, which I didn't know was a thing until he taught me. Had no reason to teach me when I was a really big prick to him initially, but he did. Not really a surprise I somehow talk like him.

We were testing for my poor attempt at a revival for Evolved (which was supposed to kick off with a tourney that was terribly handled on FH's part). The map you guys are talking about was called Hoodlum. Ball was awful on that map's first version, it kept funneling to that one far corner so it was pretty much a shitstorm to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

We were testing for my poor attempt at a revival for Evolved (which was supposed to kick off with a tourney that was terribly handled on FH's part). The map you guys are talking about was called Hoodlum. Ball was awful on that map's first version, it kept funneling to that one far corner so it was pretty much a shitstorm to begin with.

Thanks, Soul Reapers.

6 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Cool. Don't play then. Remain a shitter and complain when you get stomped. Make all the excuses you can and go play BTB in a full party against bots. Avoid the competitive gametypes and avoid the customs. Whether for fun or for sweating. I really don't give a fuck any more. I just can't imagine being a bottom level player in a lobby and whining about balance. Like maybe if you could actually contribute teams would be more fair. 

And Lol. Ask the people that played evolved please. Ask soul or deucey or Mythik Nick or Kelly. And if we ever tried to balance lobbies. We would have to change teams every game cuz someone would be crying. And that someone was always the guy performing like ass. Lmao. 

And let me make this clear to yall. I never had issues with people in lobbies. Even people that would argue with me. You can ask people like Soul. I just wanted to play the game. But there are always people that held weird one way grudges until things boiled over. I literally had no issues with you till I heard you shit talking lmao. Just weird that it phased you so much. 

Yo I’ll play customs with ya, GT reamis. What you want to play, CE? 

46 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Yo I’ll play customs with ya, GT reamis. What you want to play, CE? 

I don't really care whatever people want to play lol. I don't even play halo that much anymore I just wanna get customs and chill. 

6 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I don't really care whatever people want to play lol. I don't even play halo that much anymore I just wanna get customs and chill. 

You are of the same skill level that the soul flame is of.  Fucking BKs.

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

38 minutes ago, Boyo said:

You are of the same skill level that the soul flame is of.  Fucking BKs.

Lol what 

Also you're literally the guy that was too scared to post his gamertag lmao stopppppp

11 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Is anyone going to be on tomorrow? I'm out of town till tomorrow afternoon and I really want to play Halo. I'd prefer CE 2v2s, but anything is fine. 

I'll play CE 2v2s tonight. I can be on for 8:10ish EST.

17 minutes ago, Silos said:

I'll play CE 2v2s tonight. I can be on for 8:10ish EST.

2 more and we got a series. I might be cutting it close and get home at 7 est, but most likely 4 est. Just depends on a few things

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

2 more and we got a series. I might be cutting it close and get home at 7 est, but most likely 4 est. Just depends on a few things

I'm fine with later if that works better. I'm usually ready to go around 8:00 but will probably be up until 1:00 or 2:00am. 8:10 is my earliest though.

15 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

So are there gonna be any Halo 2 tourneys this year? I don't think it makes sense to focus entirely on one game when we have multiple options.