Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

We gotta play customs with Ego and Vemzi again

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/my-namez-beast/screenshot/8794617

They truly were Gods man. I remember i looked at the h5carnage overall stats and I literally had most kills and assists with least deaths and double everyone's damage and they STILL egoed me bro. this kid kept saying my shot was trash and that he had the BEST strafe. Like whatttttt. I absolutely loved it. So entertaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/my-namez-beast/screenshot/8794617

They truly were Gods man. I remember i looked at the h5carnage overall stats and I literally had most kills and assists with least deaths and double everyone's damage and they STILL egoed me bro. this kid kept saying my shot was trash and that he had the BEST strafe. Like whatttttt. I absolutely loved it. So entertaining. 

Get those 2 and I'll play anything

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

So you admit you have no idea yet you speak like it's absolute. I've played with an without power weapons. Yet you're not even willing attempt the other route and somehow I'M the crazy one. That's literally the definition of being close minded. 

And it's funny you mention Coli and H5. Halo 5 is probably the best example if a game that gets infinitely more enjoyable when you strip the sandbox. The game is filled with easy mode shit. And you ALL, yes ALL, bitch about the H5 snipe. Yet you think removing it from the map would make it play WORSE? Like what. And yea I have played pistol only customs in H5. And it's the most enjoyable experience I had in that game. You have more than enough tools in that game to make plays without them. 

Why don't you actually play a customs lobby then and try it? You know instead of speculating and shitting on something you've never even done. 

Because it doesn’t sound fun to me. That’s why I don’t want to play it. For someone that refuses to play CE, I would hope that you can grasp this. I’d be perfectly content looking at gameplay.

Again, you’re jumping to conclusions (I’m sensing a pattern). Just because I’ve never gone out of my way to play a variant I doubt I’d enjoy, does not mean I have no idea how it would play. I have two posts guessing how it would play, and you even confirmed my hypothesis yourself. It would be really hard to score, and most games would go to time. Tell me I’m wrong. Tell me I have NO idea how it would play again.

The sniper on Coli is a necessary evil because it opens opportunities. We’d all like to see changes to the H5 snipe, but on this gametype in particular I think the good outweighs the bad. I think there is a lot of value in some quick kills that cost no shield every few minutes. They’re necessary to open the game up and allow things to happen more frequently.

I wish it was possible to have a civil conversation with you. Try to resist the urge to be sarcastic, use hyperbole, and make personal attacks. Surprise me.

  • Upvote (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Because it doesn’t sound fun to me. That’s why I don’t want to play it. For someone that refuses to play CE, I would hope that you can grasp this. I’d be perfectly content looking at gameplay.

Again, you’re jumping to conclusions (I’m sensing a pattern). Just because I’ve never gone out of my way to play a variant I doubt I’d enjoy, does not mean I have no idea how it would play. I have two posts guessing how it would play, and you even confirmed my hypothesis yourself. It would be really hard to score, and most games would go to time. Tell me I’m wrong. Tell me I have NO idea how it would play again.

The sniper on Coli is a necessary evil because it opens opportunities. We’d all like to see changes to the H5 snipe, but on this gametype in particular I think the good outweighs the bad. I think there is a lot of value in some quick kills that cost no shield every few minutes. They’re necessary to open the game up and allow things to happen more frequently.

I wish it was possible to have a civil conversation with you. Try to resist the urge to be sarcastic, use hyperbole, and make personal attacks. Surprise me.

Lol. You know EXACTLY how it would play. With no experience watching or playing it. And you genuinely believe this. Right. And most games would go to time? How can you prove that with, again, no gameplay evidence at all. 

And there is a huge difference between me not playing CE Lol. I have played CE. I played a decent chunk of it during Mcc lifespan. I know I don't like the game because I've PLAYED it. That's how this works. I didn't say "man CE sucks. It looks so unfun. Game is trash guys" without ever playing it. 

And you're SURE coli needs and benefits from the snipe. When you've never seen the opposite? If coli launched with no snipe and then they tried to Add it in layer I know for a fact people would be singing a different song. 

Play the settings. Form an opinion with actual weight behind it  writing it off without any experience is just pathetic and you know damn well that's a fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol. You know EXACTLY how it would play. With no experience watching or playing it. And you genuinely believe this. Right. And most games would go to time? How can you prove that with, again, no gameplay evidence at all. 

And there is a huge difference between me not playing CE Lol. I have played CE. I played a decent chunk of it during Mcc lifespan. I know I don't like the game because I've PLAYED it. That's how this works. I didn't say "man CE sucks. It looks so unfun. Game is trash guys" without ever playing it. 

And you're SURE coli needs and benefits from the snipe. When you've never seen the opposite? If coli launched with no snipe and then they tried to Add it in layer I know for a fact people would be singing a different song. 

Play the settings. Form an opinion with actual weight behind it  writing it off without any experience is just pathetic and you know damn well that's a fact. 

AGAIN you come to the wrong conclusion. I’m guessing. I don’t know how to make that more clear. I don’t know how you keep thinking I’m certain. It’s a confident guess, based on playing 6 halo games for the entirety of their lifespan, but again, I haven’t played it. Because it doesn’t sound fun. Stop putting words in my mouth and start responding to what I have actually said.

Maybe I was unclear (somehow), but I am literally asking for gameplay so we can all take a look. I’m not trying to state it as fact without evidence, but I have no interest in getting the evidence myself. It sounds like bland, unfun Halo. I’m content to let others get the gameplay, and we’ll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

There is a skill gap with the sniper and you can definitely contest the sniper in certain situations. Power weapons aren't unsurmountable people die with them frequently when the other team plays around them well. I have given examples of this which I don't think you acknowledged. I agree the game can be fun with just brs and gamestypes played on maps which focus on them are fun (heretic for example). Power positions cause snowballing with rolling caps and you have the advantage over the spawning player when you don't have to leave these positions and spread resources for power weapons which are placed in disadvantageous areas. I think learning more aspects of the game that have competitive merit a positive experience. 

There is next to none with the sniper, lmao. Only one you can partially convince me on is Halo 3's, and even then it's not a superbly hard weapon to use. And people dying with power weapons frequently isn't really a point in favor of their difficulty in their use, a lot of people just tend to be superb bots when they play. 

And entirely, learning aspects of the game that have a competitive merit is a net positive experience for players and those competing. I fail to see how the circumstantial retrieval of a power weapon that plays for itself is somehow competitive. Again, we know they're easy, we've admitted they're easy, and we now speak on how we want an aspect of the game with comp merit. If we want that, why not push for other things. If you want more things teams have to push for, why not spitball Extraction with two points. Flag is fine, as is, having two things teams need to take care of, and bomb could be cool too. But I don't get why the thing we want to fight for is something that makes you bend over in any situation you find yourself fighting them, lol. Well, rhetorically of course, since I do, actually. Weed out the bullshit, add better.

8 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Nope, there definitely is a disconnect between fun and skill at a certain point. We should just remove all forms of aim assist, that would be the ultimate test of gun skill. That'd be fun right? ...up until players realize they can't hit 90% of their shots and the kill times are tripled. Extreme example, but you get the point. There's lines that just shouldn't be crossed. Also, more reliance on teamshot literally makes your own gun skill less important. The only way you're making plays without power items is playing the numbers game, all of the time. Every. Single. Game. You're screwed every time you run into two or more players. That puts insane limitations on one's skill. However, if I had H3's sniper, my skill could make more of an impact on the match due to multi-kill potential.

I can't believe you compared rockets to an AC-130.

Big mistake here, lol. Removing aim assist on a joystick would have nothing to do with increasing skill. Given the fundamental inaccuracies and inconsistencies of both our thumbs and a joystick compared to a mouse, it's literally just asking for people to whiff because you can't properly aim with thumbs, by our biological nature and the nature of joysticks. It's not just extreme, it's a borderline fallacy.

And again, Truth entirely says no to this idea that your gunskill will not matter without power weapons. A map without power weapons plays the best in base HCS Halo 5. Because the game isn't just about gunskill, but movement, spawn manipulation, the like. You're not just running into people looking at you 24/7, you can still flank, or sit basement and influence spawns. How much you can do in the game without firing your gun gives you more than enough agency for when you do begin to fire it. And none of it relies on a one shot weapon. And yet people can still go off solo for it. It literally is like you haven't played the game. And to the former point, you're borderline screwed when you into two people in any game, regardless. Not just Halo without power weapons, it happens with them regardless. Welcome to a fundamental flaw that becomes exacerbated with slow movement and slow or inconsistent killtimes. The fact you can circumvent a fight like that with a power weapon like sniper or rockets still isn't fun in that regard, it just makes the delta between your power and theirs insanely steep. 

Personally, I find it funny you think my comparison is unbelievable. Probably because you took it as a simple 1:1. As if I was saying a rocket = a map decimating killstreak. When I didn't say that, but spoke on how they can be fun to use, once, and then swiftly become annoying once you actually fight them. I wasn't actually saying an AC-130 is equivalent, power wise. But it's completely unfun to anything but my once 13 year old brain.

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

It actually does. Dying in your base in CTF is far worse than dying mid map. If you can make him use his ammo and wait for shield at mid map, he’s less likely to successfully use it to pull your flag.

If he uses his ammo, he literally used the rocket properly. And if he uses his rocket and gets us one down, that is more than enough incentive to move, even with lowered shields. Again, you have one person off the map for 8 seconds and 4 people against 3. Alongside the fact he has a weapon with AoE that can one shot more people. He has literally every reason to move up over sitting back.

24 minutes ago, FeaR said:

Happy New year :)

Your profile .gif rocks. 

  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/my-namez-beast/screenshot/8794617

They truly were Gods man. I remember i looked at the h5carnage overall stats and I literally had most kills and assists with least deaths and double everyone's damage and they STILL egoed me bro. this kid kept saying my shot was trash and that he had the BEST strafe. Like whatttttt. I absolutely loved it. So entertaining. 

All could think of when you told me about these guys was 'imagine being this much of a little shit over a fucking video game'

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Big mistake here, lol. Removing aim assist on a joystick would have nothing to do with increasing skill. Given the fundamental inaccuracies and inconsistencies of both our thumbs and a joystick compared to a mouse, it's literally just asking for people to whiff because you can't properly aim with thumbs, by our biological nature and the nature of joysticks. It's not just extreme, it's a borderline fallacy.

By removing aim assist, you're increasing the need to be more precise in your joystick movements. How does that have nothing to do with increasing the skill required?

36 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

And again, Truth entirely says no to this idea that your gunskill will not matter without power weapons. A map without power weapons plays the best in base HCS Halo 5. Because the game isn't just about gunskill, but movement, spawn manipulation, the like. You're not just running into people looking at you 24/7, you can still flank, or sit basement and influence spawns. How much you can do in the game without firing your gun gives you more than enough agency for when you do begin to fire it. And none of it relies on a one shot weapon. And yet people can still go off solo for it. It literally is like you haven't played the game. And to the former point, you're borderline screwed when you into two people in any game, regardless. Not just Halo without power weapons, it happens with them regardless. Welcome to a fundamental flaw that becomes exacerbated with slow movement and slow or inconsistent killtimes. The fact you can circumvent a fight like that with a power weapon like sniper or rockets still isn't fun in that regard, it just makes the delta between your power and theirs insanely steep.

This doesn't erase the reality that you're not making any meaningful plays without numbers. Removing power items removes an entire facet of the game and gimps the power of players. Does the game fall apart without them? No, not on certain maps, but it would become stale pretty damn quick if that's how we played 24/7. And no, you're not screwed if you run into two enemies in any game, especially instant-kill games like CoD or Rainbow Six: Siege. Hell, you can take out 3 or 4 enemies if they're not initially aware of you. We don't have that luxury with Halo's kill times.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Personally, I find it funny you think my comparison is unbelievable. Probably because you took it as a simple 1:1. As if I was saying a rocket = a map decimating killstreak. When I didn't say that, but spoke on how they can be fun to use, once, and then swiftly become annoying once you actually fight them. I wasn't actually saying an AC-130 is equivalent, power wise. But it's completely unfun to anything but my once 13 year old brain.

At this point I think you find the entire concept of mid-game rewards in any game to be unfun, which is fine.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

AGAIN you come to the wrong conclusion. I’m guessing. I don’t know how to make that more clear. I don’t know how you keep thinking I’m certain. It’s a confident guess, based on playing 6 halo games for the entirety of their lifespan, but again, I haven’t played it. Because it doesn’t sound fun. Stop putting words in my mouth and start responding to what I have actually said.

Maybe I was unclear (somehow), but I am literally asking for gameplay so we can all take a look. I’m not trying to state it as fact without evidence, but I have no interest in getting the evidence myself. It sounds like bland, unfun Halo. I’m content to let others get the gameplay, and we’ll take a look.

Sick. Nut up or shut up. Play the gametype in a custom to see for yourself. You can sacrifice a few hours to Play "unfun halo". I mean you play MCC already. And deal with the shit gametype and games. So play in a customs lobby and actually see how it feels. At worst it's gonna simply be a more "boring" version of a game you already love lmao. There's nothing to lose. If you can play MCC MM for years and go through AR starts you can do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

All could think of when you told me about these guys was 'imagine being this much of a little shit over a fucking video game'

Dude they were nutty. Some people are just strange. H5 kids smh 

 

Share this post


Link to post

objective modes would still be fun without the power weapons i think, maybe not slayer but slayer is a lot different than objective....

 

hopefully next halo game makes slayer cool again

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Sick. But up or shut up. Play the gametype in a custom to see for yourself. You can sacrifice a few hours to Play "unfun halo". I mean you play MCC already. And deal with the shit gametype and games. So play in a customs lobby and actually see how it feels. At worst it's gonna simply be a more "boring" version of a game you already love lmao. There's nothing to lose. If you can play MCC MM for years and go through AR starts you can do this. 

You could just post gameplay and lets us watch.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Killmachine said:

objective modes would still be fun without the power weapons i think, maybe not slayer but slayer is a lot different than objective....

 

hopefully next halo game makes slayer cool again

100%

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

As much as this makes me laugh due to how similar it is to the idiotic Reach setting discussions I do wonder what the point is. I think we all know removal of powerful map pick ups is firmly off the table for any future Halo games or updates. We have certain map types and sizes for that type of variety already and its clearly so divisive that going completely in that direction will alienate more players than Halo already has. Furthermore we don't even have a say in settings to begin with. If you've been around and paid attention you'll know the only way to make changes that developers or even the community at large will support is to pick small things to improve the game instead of trying to create a different game.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Nokt said:

You could just post gameplay and lets us watch.

Or you could play it and formulate an opinion based on experience. 

This isn't some drastic thing lol. I'm not asking people to play Hog racing customs. It's the same game minus some weapons. If there was like a "team rifles" variant in MM you'd play it if you had to. If you can't at least try a game that's 90% similar idk what to say. Shit call it a warm up or whatever you want lmao just at least play it. Just use it as a raw gunskill warm up or some shit. If you had a group of friends trying to warm up for MM you wouldn't be picking them up. 

Also it's not easy to just get 8 people lmao. Then record gameplay. Or even get games worth recording. And you'd still only have 1 pov of a random game. That's like going into mm and just recording one dude's pov in a random match with a random skill level. Like that wouldnt show anything worth dick. 

Why are you guys so against playing the game? It's not anything serious you literally hop on of a couple hours and play almost the exact same game you already play. 

Share this post


Link to post

If you want maps without power weapons then you definitely need some sort of Equipment class of items.  Halo would be boring and shallow with no pick ups.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Or you could play it and formulate an opinion based on experience. 

This isn't some drastic thing lol. I'm not asking people to play Hog racing customs. It's the same game minus some weapons. If there was like a "team rifles" variant in MM you'd play it if you had to. If you can't at least try a game that's 90% similar idk what to say. Shit call it a warm up or whatever you want lmao just at least play it. Just use it as a raw gunskill warm up or some shit. If you had a group of friends trying to warm up for MM you wouldn't be picking them up. 

Your words aren't swaying people to want to try. I'm just giving you another medium to show people its better than they think it is.
I don't really care one way or the other. We've been playing gametypes/maps with no power weapons since CE. Wizard, Midship (MLG/Human), Onslaught, Amplified, Elongation/Longest, Backwash, Rat Race.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Your words aren't swaying people to want to try. I'm just giving you another medium to show people its better than they think it is.
I don't really care one way or the other. We've been playing gametypes/maps with no power weapons since CE. Wizard, Midship (MLG/Human), Onslaught, Amplified, Elongation/Longest, Backwash, Rat Race.

I felt like Elongation really showed off the weapons on it.  The Plasma Pistol and the Brute Shot aren’t terribly creative or skillful but that map meshes really well with them.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Your words aren't swaying people to want to try. I'm just giving you another medium to show people its better than they think it is.
I don't really care one way or the other. We've been playing gametypes/maps with no power weapons since CE. Wizard, Midship (MLG/Human), Onslaught, Amplified, Elongation/Longest, Backwash, Rat Race.

There's no way to convey how good it is through a gameplay recording lol. And If it's been a thing for so long then it should be even less of a transition. There is literally no excuse not to try it at this point. If someone REALLY wants to tell me it can't work or and all that jazz then you absolutely need to play it. If I shit all over CE and then said "btw I've never played it or seen any gameplay I'm just guessing based on what I know" people here would absolutely have a field day. Not directed specifically at you btw.

Share this post


Link to post

If it really is such a big deal I'll reinstall 5 to play if that's what it takes. I just want more people to play Halo with

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

There's no way to convey how good it is through a gameplay recording lol. And If it's been a thing for so long then it should be even less of a transition. There is literally no excuse not to try it at this point. If someone REALLY wants to tell me it can't work or and all that jazz then you absolutely need to play it. If I shit all over CE and then said "btw I've never played it or seen any gameplay I'm just guessing based on what I know" people here would absolutely have a field day. Not directed specifically at you btw.

I mean plenty of people watch twitch streamers and play the games they play based purely upon them playing said game. I don't think people are really saying it can't work, more so that its just not as fun and that they enjoy the game they already have, they don't see such a massive reason for removing power weapons.
Most people who have played Halo at least have some hint of how it would run based upon the maps that I listed (because lets be honest you've probably played one of those at some point). No worries, I got you.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

If it really is such a big deal I'll reinstall 5 to play if that's what it takes. I just want more people to play Halo with

It doesn't even have to be h5 lol. Could be any mcc game too. And I'm in that same boat lmao I'm just trying to get lobbies man 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.