CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

34 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I could run out like a smartbro and still be nuked. And yeah, he's down a rocket, but I'm down a life, for 8 seconds, and even if I do hurt him, that damage is negligible when 3 other players are around to presumably push. Literally getting myself killed there won't help at all. I'll just be pushed further back either way. 

I mean there are a lot of ways to approach this situation, a lot of them are you probably getting killed. Turtling is probably the worst choice though.

Positioning helps a lot when trying to take down rockets, teamwork is key. Even if you can just pump a few shots into them, land a grenade or melee, its either going to push them back or help get them killed. If they get pushed back it, it gives your team a better chance to stall while you respawn. If they die, same thing, its a 3v3 situation now and rockets are up for grabs again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I mean there are a lot of ways to approach this situation, a lot of them are you probably getting killed. Turtling is probably the worst choice though.

And it's about this point where I say "this is why power weapons are downright stupid", lol. If one of my only options is to literally pick how I die because some kid has rocks, that's just dumb.

• Salt (-1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

And it's about this point where I say "this is why power weapons are downright stupid", lol. If one of my only options is to literally pick how I die because some kid has rocks, that's just dumb.

Maybe you should position yourself to get the more advantageous weapon. It's not like rockets are fire and forget, there's still some thought to using them. Just flying out of the base is stupid. Halo 5 mentality of flying at things is dumb. Halo 5 power weapons are dumb. I've never been killed by a rocket in CE and thought it was a cheap kill. I just get irritated that I played the situation wrong. Sometimes you just get unlucky, but that happens anytime with any weapon. You seem to hate rockets, but also hate the game that gives you the best chance to fight back against them. 

Also nothing for nothing, rockets should be the only power weapon. Always in a place where they are heavily contested. With at max 4 shots. If the team with rockets still has them when the new set comes up then you didn't put enough pressure on the enemy team. You keep acting like having one set of rockets determines the match when more than once I've seen teams get every rocket and still get rolled. 

You may not think there's skill in using rockets, and aiming wise you're probably mostly correct barring some close up situations and rockets shot from far away. But positioning with rockets to make sure you get kills with them is paramount. Such as staying in elevated areas so you're shooting down and not up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Remove power items so Halo becomes even MORE teamshot-oriented? No thanks. Removing them just means I'd be a victim of the numbers game all of the time instead of some of the time. I'll take individual empowerment wherever I can get it, especially in terribly balanced Halos. Imagine only being able to make plays through superior teamshot? That's bland as shit.

I'd rather grab camo , creep up to S2 and backsmack the sniper guy, pick it up and dome two of his teammates near greenbox and make a play that way. Infinitely more exciting than "hurr durr let's plant as many reticles on this person as possible". Like c'mon, there's a point where fun should trump skill in these discussions. If you find fun in endless teamshot, more power to you I suppose.

...Or less power to you, technically. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

54 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Maybe you should position yourself to get the more advantageous weapon. It's not like rockets are fire and forget, there's still some thought to using them. Just flying out of the base is stupid. Halo 5 mentality of flying at things is dumb. Halo 5 power weapons are dumb. I've never been killed by a rocket in CE and thought it was a cheap kill. I just get irritated that I played the situation wrong. Sometimes you just get unlucky, but that happens anytime with any weapon. You seem to hate rockets, but also hate the game that gives you the best chance to fight back against them. 

Also nothing for nothing, rockets should be the only power weapon. Always in a place where they are heavily contested. With at max 4 shots. If the team with rockets still has them when the new set comes up then you didn't put enough pressure on the enemy team. You keep acting like having one set of rockets determines the match when more than once I've seen teams get every rocket and still get rolled. 

You may not think there's skill in using rockets, and aiming wise you're probably mostly correct barring some close up situations and rockets shot from far away. But positioning with rockets to make sure you get kills with them is paramount. Such as staying in elevated areas so you're shooting down and not up. 

You're suggesting stuff I already do, and have done to roll online warriors over and give them teh swift spank. It's not like I'm having this issue where I just don't get, or am unable to get rockets. I get them quite frequently, lol. I still hate them, and how easy it is to destroy kids with them. But I don't hate CE. It's not something I'm avidly against, I just don't enjoy the game enough to grind it.

21 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Like c'mon, there's a point where fun should trump skill in these discussions.

First off, no. Chances are if something is "fun" in this manner, it's a gigantic detriment to skill-based play in the long term. Certainly is fun to get an AC-130 in MW2. Once. Then it becomes one of the most obnoxious things to ever face, and one of the most boring things to use when it's literally guaranteed, uncontested slaughter. For us, it's almost like the fun is in the skill it takes to properly outgun someone. Not to be passive aggressive, but that really is it. "Fun" doesn't trump skill because "fun" is defined by it. More power to you if you find doming people with a sniper fun, butttttttt, given how the sniper is historically, I could never go "MAH GOD" at or feel impressed with myself and have fun with snipers I know are easy to use. I get more of a reaction from missing, lol.

On a dumbass unrelated/maybe related topic, I hated how people were constantly freaking out about easy snipes during Halo 5's HCS run. Crowds are too easy to please, now. Boo.

There is a skill gap with the sniper and you can definitely contest the sniper in certain situations. Power weapons aren't unsurmountable people die with them frequently when the other team plays around them well. I have given examples of this which I don't think you acknowledged. I agree the game can be fun with just brs and gamestypes played on maps which focus on them are fun (heretic for example). Power positions cause snowballing with rolling caps and you have the advantage over the spawning player when you don't have to leave these positions and spread resources for power weapons which are placed in disadvantageous areas. I think learning more aspects of the game that have competitive merit a positive experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

There is a skill gap with the sniper and you can definitely contest the sniper in certain situations. Power weapons aren't unsurmountable people die with them frequently when the other team plays around them well. I have given examples of this which I don't think you acknowledged. I agree the game can be fun with just brs and gamestypes played on maps which focus on them are fun 

ignored*

Your post is on point.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

First off, no. Chances are if something is "fun" in this manner, it's a gigantic detriment to skill-based play in the long term. Certainly is fun to get an AC-130 in MW2. Once. Then it becomes one of the most obnoxious things to ever face, and one of the most boring things to use when it's literally guaranteed, uncontested slaughter. For us, it's almost like the fun is in the skill it takes to properly outgun someone. Not to be passive aggressive, but that really is it. "Fun" doesn't trump skill because "fun" is defined by it. More power to you if you find doming people with a sniper fun, butttttttt, given how the sniper is historically, I could never go "MAH GOD" at or feel impressed with myself and have fun with snipers I know are easy to use. I get more of a reaction from missing, lol.

On a dumbass unrelated/maybe related topic, I hated how people were constantly freaking out about easy snipes during Halo 5's HCS run. Crowds are too easy to please, now. Boo.

Nope, there definitely is a disconnect between fun and skill at a certain point. We should just remove all forms of aim assist, that would be the ultimate test of gun skill. That'd be fun right? ...up until players realize they can't hit 90% of their shots and the kill times are tripled. Extreme example, but you get the point. There's lines that just shouldn't be crossed. Also, more reliance on teamshot literally makes your own gun skill less important. The only way you're making plays without power items is playing the numbers game, all of the time. Every. Single. Game. You're screwed every time you run into two or more players. That puts insane limitations on one's skill. However, if I had H3's sniper, my skill could make more of an impact on the match due to multi-kill potential.

I can't believe you compared rockets to an AC-130.

• Upvote (+1) 6

11 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Removing other weapons doesn't only make the game gunskill. It's still spawn manipulation, map control, and map movement. As well as decision making and team coordination. If you start up a game of H5 1v1 and have shotzzy play on some random ass sens he'll still obliterate most people. Without good gunskill. Because there is way more to it than that. 

And as far as nades go they've been a huge issue in recent games. Their overall strength relative to your starting weapon as well as their overall abundance has made them a huge joke. Watching high level games was almost painful at times seeing people getting constantly nuked by them before they even have a chance to respond. They 100% need to be weaker than they have been. 

Dude the h3 grenades aren’t op at all, and I get plenty of kills using them. And objective only works without power weapons on maps like warlock, and midship. More times than most maps like sanctuary, pit, narrows a cap is never really made without a sniper or rockets(like I stated earlier) killing someone which was easier and quicker than what the utility weapon could do. They didn’t advocate it couldn’t work, they advocated it depended on the map design. We don’t want or need games lasting longer than they need too. We want games at a faster pace respecting the OG formula of halo. Power ups and weapons being an upgrade isn’t a big deal, especially considering The h3 sniper is difficult but not too difficult for a player playing mlg/comp halo for years. Halo sniping isn’t like Pubg or Fortnite where you must lead your shot because of bullet drop, so besides aim assist nerfing there isn’t much to do.

13 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Dude the h3 grenades aren’t op at all, and I get plenty of kills using them. And objective only works without power weapons on maps like warlock, and midship. More times than most maps like sanctuary, pit, narrows a cap is never really made without a sniper or rockets(like I stated earlier) killing someone which was easier and quicker than what the utility weapon could do. They didn’t advocate it couldn’t work, they advocated it depended on the map design. We don’t want or need games lasting longer than they need too. We want games at a faster pace respecting the OG formula of halo. Power ups and weapons being an upgrade isn’t a big deal, especially considering The h3 sniper is difficult but not too difficult for a player playing mlg/comp halo for years. Halo sniping isn’t like Pubg or Fortnite where you must lead your shot because of bullet drop, so besides aim assist nerfing there isn’t much to do.

So you've played those maps without power weapons right? To say they woudknt work? You've played no power weapon CTF on sanc? And dude do you have any real numbers showing that caps only come from power weapons? What happens when they aren't up? When all weapons are out if play are caps just not happening? And halo 3 snipe difficulty is thrown out the window when you can't competently kill the guy who has it lol. Who cared if it's technically hard if there's almost no chance of dying with it because people outside 15 feet are barely tickling you. There are a million ways to nerf the snipe more they just are never implemented. And snipers are one of the most complained about weapon categories in video games btw because of the playstyle they promote. Pros don't like snipers in fortnite. A game where there is drop AND lead and people still think it's one of the noobiest weapon. Because you use it to shoot at people that can barely do anything to you. 

It's almost like, certain people like to talk about Halo and some of us prefer actually playing Halo and can speak with relevant high level experience.  

I guess if you never competed in a tournament, never once grinded for a 50, and never played competitive customs, you're gonna have a pretty unconvincing, cringey opinion of power weapons and how they function in real matches where people have thumbs and know what the buttons are.

21 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Even fights are boring? The most skillful aspect of halo has ALWAYS been your skill with your starting gun and movement. Always. Emphasizing this is boring? I think fighting against someone that has an almost insurmountable advantage is boring. I think using something that gives me an almost insurmountable advantage is boring. 

Obj plays perfectly fine without power weapons. Have you guys actually tried It? Ever? Or are you just speculating because a few MM maps have been small with no power weapons. 

Don’t jump to conclusions. I didn’t say even fights are boring. They’re not. But when you strip away so much of the game, so many different skill sets, play styles and decision making, so that even fights are literally all you’re left with every time on every map? It’s boring.

And yes, I’m speculating. I’ve never had the desire to forge a Coliseum variant that removes everything but Pistols, and then invite 7 friends to play it with me. That’s a lot of work to do something that doesn’t sound fun to me. If you have some gameplay of it you’d like to post, we can look at that. But I’m pretty sure I can guess how it would play.

4 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

It's almost like, certain people like to talk about Halo and some of us prefer actually playing Halo and can speak with relevant high level experience.  

I guess if you never competed in a tournament, never once grinded for a 50, and never played competitive customs, you're gonna have a pretty unconvincing, cringey opinion of power weapons and how they function in real matches where people have thumbs and know what the buttons are.

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Hard Way said:

Don’t jump to conclusions. I didn’t say even fights are boring. They’re not. But when you strip away so much of the game, so many different skill sets, play styles and decision making, so that even fights are literally all you’re left with every time on every map? It’s boring.

And yes, I’m speculating. I’ve never had the desire to forge a Coliseum variant that removes everything but Pistols, and then invite 7 friends to play it with me. That’s a lot of work to do something that doesn’t sound fun to me. If you have some gameplay of it you’d like to post, we can look at that. But I’m pretty sure I can guess how it would play.

So you admit you have no idea yet you speak like it's absolute. I've played with an without power weapons. Yet you're not even willing attempt the other route and somehow I'M the crazy one. That's literally the definition of being close minded. 

And it's funny you mention Coli and H5. Halo 5 is probably the best example if a game that gets infinitely more enjoyable when you strip the sandbox. The game is filled with easy mode shit. And you ALL, yes ALL, bitch about the H5 snipe. Yet you think removing it from the map would make it play WORSE? Like what. And yea I have played pistol only customs in H5. And it's the most enjoyable experience I had in that game. You have more than enough tools in that game to make plays without them. 

Why don't you actually play a customs lobby then and try it? You know instead of speculating and shitting on something you've never even done. 

5 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Git gud keed

It's not like people have been acknowledging from the start that H4 and 5 have awful weapon balance and that this is the real issue and not map pickups as a concept. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

My ego mannnnnn

My Namez Ego LN.

As someone who played only magnum customs in Halo 5 my opinion is that maps where it is all starting weapon can make Halo more fun with variety. It's just not what I think Halo should be. But of course the only Halo that has a sandbox worth a shit is a million times better in 2v2.

12 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

If I hide in my base or move forward, I'm probably gonna meet rocks either way and die, and be forced into an 8 second respawn, lol. Not like hiding or charging forward like a dumbass changes the situation's outcome.

It actually does. Dying in your base in CTF is far worse than dying mid map. If you can make him use his ammo and wait for shield at mid map, he’s less likely to successfully use it to pull your flag.

4 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

My Namez Ego LN.

As someone who played only magnum customs in Halo 5 my opinion is that maps where it is all starting weapon can make Halo more fun with variety. It's just not what I think Halo should be. But of course the only Halo that has a sandbox worth a shit is a million times better in 2v2.

Yea I mean I don't even get what people are argiung anymore lol. I've stated that's it's just my preference and what I enjoy. I know people prefer different things. I havw no issue with people who want their weapons. I just believe the game is more enjoyable without it. Idek how this became so huge lol. 

4 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea I mean I don't even get what people are argiung anymore lol. I've stated that's it's just my preference and what I enjoy. I know people prefer different things. I havw no issue with people who want their weapons. I just believe the game is more enjoyable without it. Idek how this became so huge lol. 

Idk maybe it was assumed you thought there should be nothing on map because that better? It's not like you don't enjoy the game, you just like a different style more. 

6 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Idk maybe it was assumed you thought there should be nothing on map because that better? It's not like you don't enjoy the game, you just like a different style more. 

Probably lol. Either way it was fun. Kept me entertained. 

5 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Probably lol. Either way it was fun. Kept me entertained. 

We gotta play customs with Ego and Vemzi again