CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

First, you must quit being such a got dam scrub. Let me know when you have completed that step.

Just now, Cujjer said:

First, you must quit being such a got dam scrub. Let me know when you have completed that step.

Nah I can't I'm not good enough at Halo man. That's a hard first step. 

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Nah I can't I'm not good enough at Halo man. That's a hard first step. 

We all gotta start somewhere. Just embrace your inner most desire to run around wrecking things with camo/rocks.

Just now, Cujjer said:

We all gotta start somewhere. Just embrace your inner most desire to run around wrecking things with camo/rocks.

I mean my issue is just i don't find it fun. If I'm playing social and shit I'm only running and using my primary. I use all the stuff in ranked games I just find them boring to use

2 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

H5 only 

Halo 5 lacks the cure to your condition. You need something a lil stronger. The drug HCE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Cujjer said:

Halo 5 lacks the cure to your condition. You need something a lil stronger. The drug HCE.

If MCC wasn't ass I would've given it a shot. But here we are. 

4 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Because what you're positioning for has the end result of requiring minimal skill to use. Besides, why have more things to position for when half of them suck to use, lol. Would rather it just be barebones. 8 people, 2 flags, go nuts.

I still don't see where "minimal skill to use" comes from. Barring more recent Halos the sniper has been difficult. Especially against people who know how to position. Same with rockets. Slapping kids in social with rockets isn't hard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

If MCC wasn't ass I would've given it a shot. But here we are. 

Its not too late. We just gotta hook you up with your local HCE dealer. Get you your fix in no time.

Maybe one day 

I'll make some dip and will show up if this happens

15 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I didn't say the game overall would be a snowball. Never did. Just said the fact these easy ass weapons can determine a portion of it is stupid, because there's minimal skill to the actual use of said weapons, and that said coordination in getting them could be focused elsewhere to better effect as Truth shows.

Go watch 09 MLG Pit gameplay. Tell me how often rockets secures all 4 kills without missing a shot, dying, or trading. Tell me how often it secures map control for a team. Tell me that they snowball off those rockets and get anything over 8+ the score of the other team or get a flag cap and keep the momentum going.

Snowballing is not a good explanation for what you are trying to explain. You just dislike the fact that rockets have the potential for easy kills regardless of how the rockets are obtained or maintained.

You failed to respond to anything I said about the problem with Truth, Sword/Sprint, Radar, or really anything. HCS had horrible competitive settings that weren't made better until much later in the games life. Onslaught and Amplified are much better examples of a no power weapon, no OS/AC, on a map that makes it work.

I'd even argue that without power weapons a lot of maps start to break down and become not so good of maps anymore. Like Narrows and Pit are already massive stalemates, removing power weapons just makes that worse. Most of the maps that do well are just small symmetrical/reverse symmetrical maps like Warlock and Midship.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

Go watch 09 MLG Pit gameplay. Tell me how often rockets secures all 4 kills without missing a shot, dying, or trading. Tell me how often it secures map control for a team. Tell me that they snowball off those rockets and get anything over 8+ the score of the other team or get a flag cap and keep the momentum going.

Snowballing is not a good explanation for what you are trying to explain. You just dislike the fact that rockets have the potential for easy kills regardless of how the rockets are obtained or maintained.

You failed to respond to anything I said about the problem with Truth, Sword/Sprint, Radar, or really anything. HCS had horrible competitive settings that weren't made better until much later in the games life. Onslaught and Amplified are much better examples of a no power weapon, no OS/AC, on a map that makes it work.

I'd even argue that without power weapons a lot of maps start to break down and become not so good of maps anymore. Like Narrows and Pit are already massive stalemates, removing power weapons just makes that worse. Most of the maps that do well are just small symmetrical/reverse symmetrical maps like Warlock and Midship.

Idk why you keep using Pit as an arguing point the map is hot ass all the time especially in slayer. Notice the stalemates dont happen in CTF though. Even with the EXACT SAME weapon layout. Because the objective forces movement. 

• Salt (-1) 1

Slayer is pretty stalematey on most maps. But stop using The Pit for any examples. Map is terrible. Slayer without power weapons or power ups needs small maps like Midship or Warlock. 

But good power weapons and all make CTF more interesting because they change the games flow. They still need to be hard to use and the utility needs to be strong though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Slayer is pretty stalematey on most maps. But stop using The Pit for any examples. Map is terrible. Slayer without power weapons or power ups needs small maps like Midship or Warlock. 

But good power weapons and all make CTF more interesting because they change the games flow. They still need to be hard to use and the utility needs to be strong though.

I think the main reason the Pit is a great example to use for CTF is because there are two snipers, rockets, and an OS that influence what is or isn't the correct play with regard to the objective. Construct KotH is another map where this can be super apparent because of the different timings and hill locations in relation to what is or is not spawning at the time. Basically the combination of the scoring objective and secondary weapon and power up objectives creates varied gameplay and decision making. It doesn't have to be those maps in particular its just the concept being applied to them that people want to defend. Pit CTF could work without any weapons or power ups we've all played that version between weapon and power up spawns it would just lack the extra depth and decision making that is created via the secondary objectives

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Nokt said:

Elongation and Backwash have neither power weapons or abilities. Not that those are even worth mentioning as they aren't great maps. I guess Amplified and Onslaught if you count forge maps.

Can you imagine Halo 3 without Sniper or Rockets and how terrible that would be?

Elongation has shotguns and the noob combo brah. Backwash isn't a halo map, heh, I'm with ya.

3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol you guys have been bitching about sprint for how long? Almost a decade? You guys have been worshiping CE and calling the other games trash for how long? 

Also I'm glad you can compare halo to other games about variety. As if that makes any difference. Competitive cod is usually 1 viable sub and 1 viable AR. Yet they're not rallying for tons of variety. People aren't trying to nerf the AK in cs so that people can use the other weapons. Lmao come on. But if you wanna go down that hole then I can't think of any other major FPS games that use power weapons. Cod doesn't. CS doesn't. Overwatch doesn't. So how is that relevant to anything at all?

Sprint wasn't in the first three halo games, so that's 9 years with no sprint dawg. I was kinda semi-pro at H2 so I'm allowed to call it trash.

Cod has all kinds of popular weapons including snipers, noob tubes, and even knives at all levels of play. They already have variety. Sounds like you should be in the swat playlist my dude, where nothing is special.

Just now, RVG E Nomini said:

Elongation has shotguns and the noob combo brah. Backwash isn't a halo map, heh, I'm with ya.

Sprint wasn't in the first three halo games, so that's 9 years with no sprint dawg. I was kinda semi-pro at H2 so I'm allowed to call it trash.

Cod has all kinds of popular weapons including snipers, noob tubes, and even knives at all levels of play. They already have variety. Sounds like you should be in the swat playlist my dude, where nothing is special.

Lmfao competitive cod my dude. Not pubs. 

11 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Idk why you keep using Pit as an arguing point the map is hot ass all the time especially in slayer. Notice the stalemates dont happen in CTF though. Even with the EXACT SAME weapon layout. Because the objective forces movement. 

3 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I used the Pit because the first post I quoted Ice used the Pit as a hypothetical so I continued using it. Switch Pit for Narrows and you still have the same problem.

Stalemates aren't just players sitting back voluntarily sitting back waiting for the other team to make a mistake. Not being able to push forward is a stalemate, you can have battles and still be stuck in a stalemate. These problems can be attributed to the layout of the map, but thats my whole point. Maps break down without power weapons. Power weapons give us more viability, more variety, more options, more strategies, the list goes on.

3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lol you guys have been bitching about sprint for how long? Almost a decade? You guys have been worshiping CE and calling the other games trash for how long? 

Also I'm glad you can compare halo to other games about variety. As if that makes any difference. Competitive cod is usually 1 viable sub and 1 viable AR. Yet they're not rallying for tons of variety. People aren't trying to nerf the AK in cs so that people can use the other weapons. Lmao come on. But if you wanna go down that hole then I can't think of any other major FPS games that use power weapons. Cod doesn't. CS doesn't. Overwatch doesn't. So how is that relevant to anything at all?

Idk what you're trying to get at comparing a hero shooter, an economy & round based shooter, &  whatever you'd call CoD to a hybrid arena shooter.

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

I used the Pit because the first post I quoted Ice used the Pit as a hypothetical so I continued using it. Switch Pit for Narrows and you still have the same problem.

Stalemates aren't just players sitting back voluntarily sitting back waiting for the other team to make a mistake. Not being able to push forward is a stalemate, you can have battles and still be stuck in a stalemate. These problems can be attributed to the layout of the map, but thats my whole point. Maps break down without power weapons. Power weapons give us more viability, more variety, more options, more strategies, the list goes on.

I fail to see any proof that maps break down without power weapons lol. And you can't just change what a stalemate is to fit the argument. If 2 teams are constantly engaging and constantly in battle it's not really a stalemate. It's teams contesting for map control. Pit CTF is still teams pushing when no weapons are in play. It's still the same thing there just aren't weapons in one teams hands that makes collapsing, spawn killing and pulling the flag way easier. Variety is such an overrated concept in a competitive game honestly. 

Just now, theslatcher said:

Idk what you're trying to get at comparing a hero shooter, an economy & round based shooter, &  whatever you'd call CoD to a hybrid arena shooter.

I want you to re read the 2 posts and answer that question yourself man come on. Connect the dots lmao 

I want you to re read the 2 posts and answer that question yourself man come on. Connect the dots lmao 

Nah, then I'd have to spend energy to engage myself further in a pointless discussion.

• Downvote (-1) 1