CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

30 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Well you did. That was an overkill regardless of what weapon you used tho. Its a guy and 3 guests. 

Numbers games can literally kill you regardless of your skill. It's one of Halo's largest and most known flaws. If each of them put one shot into me, which isn't hard, I'm dead before I can get two out, which could've been the case when all were within RRR staring at me, and we were both closing in on one another. Not saying I realistically would've died, but the fact I can circumvent any thoughtful encounter by having two rockets just cleansweep a team uncontested in CQC is actually stupid.

Not to mention the bullshit 3 for 1 shot of the second clip, where I nail people I can't even see, or couldn't have seen. Because large splash damage radius'. Because rockets are easy, even at their hardest.

My point overall is that rockets are stupid. And that free overkill and triple I got just because I happened to run to them earlier, or be by them by circumstance (As was the case with the second) is stupider. When they're mechanically devoid of any skill. My cheeky point there being I didn't earn jackshit, lmao. I just had a bullshit machine that can OHKO a team easily. I would've earned a triple or quad with an actual gunfight. I don't earn that when the other team has no literal chance of fighting back.

• Downvote (-1) 4
  • Salt (-1) 1

You could always not pick up rockets? Anywho, I’ve actually had some success solo queueing the H3 Team Hardcore playlist today and I haven’t had this much fun playing a video game in a while. Win or lose, having teammates that call out or I’m just feeding callouts to them through their TV’s, I’m having a blast. I hope they keep trying to fine tune this game and 2019 is a year of Halo 3 sweaty fun.

7 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Numbers games can literally kill you regardless of your skill. It's one of Halo's largest and most known flaws. If each of them put one shot into me, which isn't hard, I'm dead before I can get two out, which could've been the case when all were within RRR staring at me, and we were both closing in on one another. Not saying I realistically would've died, but the fact I can circumvent any thoughtful encounter by having two rockets just cleansweep a team uncontested in CQC is actually stupid.

Not to mention the bullshit 3 for 1 shot of the second clip, where I nail people I can't even see, or couldn't have seen. Because large splash damage radius'. Because rockets are easy, even at their hardest.

My point overall is that rockets are stupid. And that free overkill and triple I got just because I happened to run to them earlier, or be by them by circumstance (As was the case with the second) is stupider. When they're mechanically devoid of any skill. My cheeky point there being I didn't earn jackshit, lmao. I just had a bullshit machine that can OHKO a team easily. I would've earned a triple or quad with an actual gunfight. I don't earn that when the other team has no literal chance of fighting back.

So what's your argument here?  Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old, because we clearly don't see what you see when it comes to Halo.

Are we really arguing over how rockets are easy to get overkills with against people who can barely move and shoot at the same time?

• Upvote (+1) 2

11 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

"The fact I can circumvent any thoughtful encounter by having two rockets just cleansweep a team uncontested in CQC is actually stupid."

"Rockets are easy, even at their hardest."

"I didn't earn jackshit, lmao. I just had a bullshit machine that can OHKO a team easily. I would've earned a triple or quad with an actual gunfight. I don't earn that when the other team has no literal chance of fighting back."

3 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

So what's your argument here?  Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old, because we clearly don't see what you see when it comes to Halo.

In a nutshell.

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Are we really arguing over how rockets are easy to get overkills with against people who can barely move and shoot at the same time?

No, in general, hence the second clip where I get another triple against a team that isn't comprised of guests.

1 hour ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

almost 2019 and people still fall for the temptation of grabbing the enemy snipe when they are 4 dead and you are pulling flag on the pit.

? Are you saying i shouldnt go for the montage clip

• Fire (+1) 1

20 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

How many kills do you realistically think you could get in a 1v1 to 50 with any of the top 10 halo 1 players if you spawned with infinite ammo rockets the whole game while they spawn with a lowly pistol? Do you think the odds are good that you'd win?

>343

>setting named 'modern'

>it's actually good

Whoa what timeline is this. Halo MCC is over here looking like it has mouse aiming precision on CONTROLLER now, like the series kinda revolutionized console FPS aiming or something. Whoa. They're starting to grasp things and stuff about Halo things, and stuff.

Why is team shooting a flaw ice? It’s not hard to put a shot into someone(nor should it ever be hard to put one bullet into someone) I think it’s just natural that if you get into a fight against two people your chances of victory are lower than going in. Even with a strong utility such as CE pistol, your chances of winning are still virtually lower, Unless their backs were facing you during the encounter of course.

Now you complain about power weapons such as Rockets being a free overkill, yeah  it’s a rocket launcher what you expect it to be hard to use? I know many here don’t like them but I thought h3 rockets took skill because it’s power was actually low. It was easily dodgeable. 

I think you exaggerate on what you’re wanting as well.

14 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

How many kills do you realistically think you could get in a 1v1 to 50 with any of the top 10 halo 1 players if you spawned with infinite ammo rockets the whole game while they spawn with a lowly pistol? Do you think the odds are good that you'd win?

Trick question, because I wouldn't be playing Halo 1, lmao.

2 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Why is team shooting a flaw ice? It’s not hard to put a shot into someone(nor should it ever be hard to put one bullet into someone) I think it’s just natural that if you get into a fight against two people your chances of victory are lower than going in. Even with a strong utility such as CE pistol, your chances of winning are still virtually lower, Unless their backs were facing you during the encounter of course.

Now you complain about power weapons such as Rockets being a free overkill, yeah  it’s a rocket launcher what you expect it to be hard to use? I know many here don’t like them but I thought h3 rockets took skill because it’s power was actually low. It was easily dodgeable. 

I think you exaggerate on what you’re wanting as well.

It's a matter of how spongy you are in relation to how powerful you are. In every single Halo barring CE, you're basically useless solo. You have a chance of winning a 2v1 in CE. Your chances of that in 2-5 go down superbly. Makes the fight for weapons worse.

And here's the thing that always gets me. You're not the first one to say "do you expect it to be hard to use". Personally, I don't expect them to, but I do ask why the fuck do we have them when you can and have made good gametypes in an obj style that doesn't rely on them inherently. You could remove Slayer (as we should be doing, lol) and all of the gametypes that "require" these dumb weapons are gone. I don't expect them to be hard, no. I just don't expect them to be there BECAUSE of that, and because the gametype alone pushes me to move already. 

That'll always get me. We can and have admitted these weapons are easy and designed to BE easy, but somehow make no move towards maybe living in a world without them, when it's very well possible.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

It's a matter of how spongy you are in relation to how powerful you are. In every single Halo barring CE, you're basically useless solo. You have a chance of winning a 2v1 in CE. Your chances of that in 2-5 go down superbly. Makes the fight for weapons worse. 

And here's the thing that always gets me. You're not the first one to say "do you expect it to be hard to use". Personally, I don't expect them to, but I do ask why the fuck do we have them when you can and have made good gametypes in an obj style that doesn't rely on them inherently. You could remove Slayer (as we should be doing, lol) and all of the gametypes that "require" these dumb weapons are gone. I don't expect them to be hard, no. I just don't expect them to be there BECAUSE of that, and because the gametype alone pushes me to move already. 

That'll always get me. We can and have admitted these weapons are easy and designed to BE easy, but somehow make no move towards maybe living in a world without them, when it's very well possible.   

I'd argue that H2 has some merit with solo ability with button combos. Either way team shotting should always trump solo assuming skill levels are around the same.

I'm not sure where this discussion spawned from and if its purely competitive or just in general, but I've never understood the want for removal of Slayer. OBJ playlists have always had the worst populations in Halo and honestly if I had to play Ball/KOTH/CTF every single game I probably wouldn't play as much. Sometimes I just want to kick back and kill some people and I'm guessing thats how most players are as TS is always one (if not the) highest populated playlist. Which honestly probably isn't the best argument for keeping it around, but fun (despite its subjectivity) has its place in the discussion.

To address rockets, there are other options rather than just flat out removal. First you can make them more skillful in that you reduce its effective range, make the projectile slower, you could even just have rockets have 1 or 2 shots instead of 4. Second would be a more careful consideration on when to place them on a map from the devs perspective. Beaver/Battle Creek works out pretty well with rockets on them. Super open map with decent verticality reducing the rockets effectiveness and making it a good risk/reward situation for pushing them. Whereas something like Chillout where you don't have great sightlines rockets can completely dominate the game. There are probably other reasons, but thats all I can come up with on the spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's literally easier to kick back and shoot shit in obj game modes lmao. Slayer is the worst possible gametype to try and relax in because everyone is playing their life more than normal. 

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Trick question, because I wouldn't be playing Halo 1, lmao.

Maybe because halo has always been fine with these additions. Look even in obj we need there to be an incentive to push.  And CE doesn’t get a pass since it’s power ups are what provide the incentive. This is why halo has been declining! Changing the way halo is played and yes that is changing it for the worse. 

7 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Maybe because halo has always been fine with these additions. Look even in obj we need there to be an incentive to push.  And CE doesn’t get a pass since it’s power ups are what provide the incentive. This is why halo has been declining! Changing the way halo is played and yes that is changing it for the worse. 

Why do you need an incentive to push in an obj mode? The incentive to push is LITERALLY the objective lmao. Like what 

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

It's literally easier to kick back and shoot shit in obj game modes lmao. Slayer is the worst possible gametype to try and relax in because everyone is playing their life more than normal. 

To each their own. I feel more obligated to work with my teammates so that the game is somewhat fair/fun for everyone which means I am also focusing objective. 

Im not an amazing player, but I’d say I’m a hint above average. I can just kind of kick back and do my thing in slayer and still win games which I would assume is more enjoyable for everyone.

Most people I deal with hate that guy that never touches OBJ and just slays the whole game. I don’t wanna be that guy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Nokt said:

To each their own. I feel more obligated to work with my teammates so that the game is somewhat fair/fun for everyone which means I am also focusing objective. 

Im not an amazing player, but I’d say I’m a hint above average. I can just kind of kick back and do my thing in slayer and still win games which I would assume is more enjoyable for everyone.

Most people I deal with hate that guy that never touches OBJ and just slays the whole game. I don’t wanna be that guy.

My statement was more so about playing nonchalant and not trying hard to win. When you just want to shoot shit a good obj game is the way to go. Of you're trying to win while putting in minimal effort then yea slayer makes more sense. But that kinda proves my point about slayer in general as a competitive gametype. 

Point being if you literally JUST want to shoot shit and relax you shouldn't be concerned about winning. It should be about shooting shit lol. 

18 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

My statement was more so about playing nonchalant and not trying hard to win. When you just want to shoot shit a good obj game is the way to go. Of you're trying to win while putting in minimal effort then yea slayer makes more sense. But that kinda proves my point about slayer in general as a competitive gametype.  

Point being if you literally JUST want to shoot shit and relax you shouldn't be concerned about winning. It should be about shooting shit lol. 

Yeah I get you. I obviously play not the same as everyone. I like to win whether its in a social setting or competitive and would generally like people to have the same experience. Social slayer is just the least amount of effort for me when I just want to kick back or have some warm games.

I understand the reasons for wanting to axe it competitively. Its just I don't really find Slayer to be lagging that far behind in a competitive setting to really axe it. It provides some faster paced games to break up the OBJ. Halo just wouldn't be Halo to me without Slayer, but thats just me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Yeah I get you. I obviously play not the same as everyone. I like to win whether its in a social setting or competitive and would generally like people to have the same experience. Social slayer is just the least amount of effort for me when I just want to kick back or have some warm games.

I understand the reasons for wanting to axe it competitively. Its just I don't really find Slayer to be lagging that far behind in a competitive setting to really axe it. It provides some faster paced games to break up the OBJ. Halo just wouldn't be Halo to me without Slayer, but thats just me.

Yea it's all opinions and preferences lol I get it. That's the greatness of a variety of mm experiences. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Why do you need an incentive to push in an obj mode? The incentive to push is LITERALLY the objective lmao. Like what 

Let’s say 1 team gets a cap. What’s to stop that team from just playing defense until the game ends by the timer hitting 0? With rockets, and power ups they will have no choice because now you can no longer play the waiting game. I’ve won games where my team did this. Simply because we could.