CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I did this thing in a video editor in about an hour. Haters will say it's fake:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

Having a dead zone isn't bad lol. It helps abuse aim assist especially at long range. If all your actual inputs registered your shot would be all over the place. 

As far as aim settings there honestly isn't much of a point in tweaking them yet. Just find a sens you're semi comfortable with and leave it till the update. Modern aiming makes everything way better. Tweak after that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only game I have an aiming issue in is Halo 3. Every other game I left the same from before the first aiming update but Halo 3 is just terrible. That and the trash hit detection makes it a hard pass. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Silos said:

Every H3 fan I've asked doesn't like the way equal horizontal and vertical feels. For Halo 1 I made them equal to what I used before (4 in my case) and it feels good enough.

I've always liked high numbers for aim acceleration. This is mostly preference I believe, most people I know who are better than me for Halo 3 at least play lower aim acceleration. Not sure if there's a consensus.

I usually have my deadzones at 0 in games with the option, MCC is the only game I own where 0 deadzones makes me drift. No clue what's going on. I now stick with default.

Can't comment on anything else.

What are you talking about, plenty h3 players like myself are currently using 3.5V/H. Do you even play h3 anyway? Most people here are CE players, so I’m a bit curious. Like I just don’t think anyone here really plays it really, or at the very least it seems like that’s the case.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If you dont like the way 4:4 feels because of the vertical. Change the fucking vertical. Im sorry 343 isnt holding your hand and choosing for you. The aim is gunna feel different for everyone and ur gunna have to find what works for you. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean I literally play default as far as sens on H3 and its fine. Maybe I'll do 3.5 for the modern aiming when its out but really I feel like the more you've been playing recent Halo titles the more you'll not want horizontal and vertical to be the same and should do w/e works for you

13 hours ago, Landonio said:

-Should I even bother with the 0.5 increments for sensitivity? I feel like if I start messing with those I'll find myself in another sensitivity crisis. Has anyone actually settled on a 0.5 sens? Since launch I've had every game at 6 except for H3 (which I have at 5, because it's always felt slightly more sensitive to me than OG H3 for some reason). 

I'm also curious how the new modern aiming settings are going to affect all of these (and vice/versa).

Thanks.

Modern aiming gave me a sens crisis and I never settled on anything, but having the 0.5 increments helped me start to find what I was comfortable with.

In spite of no longer feeling comfortable with my sensitivity, modern aiming on the whole felt a lot better than classic. I started landing more H3 sniper headshots; I think this is because I felt more comfortable with diagonal aiming.

7 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

What are you talking about, plenty h3 players like myself are currently using 3.5V/H. Do you even play h3 anyway? Most people here are CE players, so I’m a bit curious. Like I just don’t think anyone here really plays it really, or at the very least it seems like that’s the case.

I said every H3 fan I've asked, which is all the people at my Microsoft store Halo 3 2v2 tournament, literally all of them were having a sensitivity crisis in their first series because they all said it felt different and none played after the patch. One of them, to my knowledge, placed decently at MLG events back in the day so I figured I may as well share his opinion since he knows the game a bit. I didn't say it was bad or good, or that it was my opinion, I just said what it was.

I specifically stated which games I could vouch for when I said in Halo 1 I kept the same settings I used to, so yeah you're right I mostly play the first game, at least since the patch it's mostly what I've played. 

I didn't speak for Halo 2 at all because I haven't spoken to anybody about it and I've barely played any of it post patch to have a strong opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Silos said:

I said every H3 fan I've asked, which is all the people at my Microsoft store Halo 3 2v2 tournament, literally all of them were having a sensitivity crisis in their first series because they all said it felt different and none played after the patch. One of them, to my knowledge, placed decently at MLG events back in the day so I figured I may as well share his opinion since he knows the game a bit. I didn't say it was bad or good, or that it was my opinion, I just said what it was.

I specifically stated which games I could vouch for when I said in Halo 1 I kept the same settings I used to, so yeah you're right I mostly play the first game, at least since the patch it's mostly what I've played. 

I didn't speak for Halo 2 at all because I haven't spoken to anybody about it and I've barely played any of it post patch to have a strong opinion.

It’s difgerent because 1. Different controller, it’s a proven fact the Xbox one stick tension is lowe(65 grams, 360 is 110 grams) which is why the halo 3 aiming doesn’t feel as tight as it did back in the day. H1 aiming isn’t one I’m interested in, it’s their fault for not playing after the patch anyway. 

37 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It’s difgerent because 1. Different controller, it’s a proven fact the Xbox one stick tension is lowe(65 grams, 360 is 110 grams) which is why the halo 3 aiming doesn’t feel as tight as it did back in the day. H1 aiming isn’t one I’m interested in, it’s their fault for not playing after the patch anyway. 

I'm not quite sure what you're wanting from me here? Somebody asks for opinions, I offer opinions from circles I run in. You don't seem to like that people I talk to disagree with you on MCC Halo 3 aiming, you offer a reason why things feel different and is probably correct but gets away from the point that the people I talked to think aiming feels different pre and post patch. Unless I'm misinterpreting you; stick tension is a physical attribute of the controller and not an in game thing that can change.

You don't care about my opinion on aiming in Halo 1, that's fine but I was clarifying which Halo games I could personally vouch for since you asked if I played Halo 3.

Lastly, you say it's somebody's fault for not playing. Like nobody is upset here, nobody is saying more aiming options is a bad move. These people didn't realize there was an aiming update and when they went to play some games and adjusted their sensitivity they felt it was different. There's no need for anybody to be at fault.

I appreciate the tip about the controller stick changes, I wasn't aware of the exact values. Other than that though it seems like you're just trying to pick a fight with me.

With all the recent additions to aiming customization in MCC that have never existed for classic Halo before, one must ask, is the aiming broken or do I just have poor decision making in these games?

1 hour ago, Noodle said:

In spite of no longer feeling comfortable with my sensitivity, modern aiming on the whole felt a lot better than classic. I started landing more H3 sniper headshots; I think this is because I felt more comfortable with diagonal aiming.

Calling it now, when the modern aiming drops fully we'll learn that Halo 3's sniper wasn't really hard, it was just a matter of crippled aim mechanics, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

46 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Calling it now, when the modern aiming drops fully we'll learn that Halo 3's sniper wasn't really hard, it was just a matter of crippled aim mechanics, lol.

Aim mechanics or not, the h3 sniper doesnt aim for you like h2, 4, and 5 do. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

Just now, Riddler said:

Aim mechanics or not, the h3 sniper doesnt aim for you like h2, 4, and 5 do. 

O-kay? Doesn't really change my point, lol.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

It is definitely the most difficult Halo game to land headshots in sans CE.

38 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

It is definitely the most difficult Halo game to land headshots in sans CE.

Which isn't a high bar, and isn't saying much, lol.

• Downvote (-1) 1

42 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Which isn't a high bar, and isn't saying much, lol.

It’s not like halo can afford to have mass bullet drop like Fortnite or pubg, 

4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Doubtful since anyone good at H3 adjusted to how you aim in that game anyways. Looking around/aiming fluidly wasn't a high bar for those players. The reason scoped shots are harder is because the game just doesn't help you like it does in the rest of the series. No scoping however has been easier in H3 (imo) than H1 or H2 the entire time. I don't even know why it just always has been for me

8 hours ago, Silos said:

I'm not quite sure what you're wanting from me here? Somebody asks for opinions, I offer opinions from circles I run in. You don't seem to like that people I talk to disagree with you on MCC Halo 3 aiming, you offer a reason why things feel different and is probably correct but gets away from the point that the people I talked to think aiming feels different pre and post patch. Unless I'm misinterpreting you; stick tension is a physical attribute of the controller and not an in game thing that can change.

You don't care about my opinion on aiming in Halo 1, that's fine but I was clarifying which Halo games I could personally vouch for since you asked if I played Halo 3.

Lastly, you say it's somebody's fault for not playing. Like nobody is upset here, nobody is saying more aiming options is a bad move. These people didn't realize there was an aiming update and when they went to play some games and adjusted their sensitivity they felt it was different. There's no need for anybody to be at fault.

I appreciate the tip about the controller stick changes, I wasn't aware of the exact values. Other than that though it seems like you're just trying to pick a fight with me.

Well I’d say it’s your fault for going to a Lan event and not even playing beforehand. Like unless you were just randomly in the area and was like “hey 2v2 tournament halo 3 sure! But I doubt that.

29 minutes ago, AkaDemiK said:

How do I get my service tag in h3 to stick? It changes every game

I think in halo 3 you have to have a number and letters. 

Well you did. That was an overkill regardless of what weapon you used tho. Its a guy and 3 guests. 

• Upvote (+1) 1