Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

No skin off my back. Also there's a thing called multiquote, it's pretty handy

I use mobile it’s not available. And obviously. Gosh I miss the 360 days when reporting didn’t do shit.

Share this post


Link to post

I use mobile it’s not available. And obviously. Gosh I miss the 360 days when reporting didn’t do shit.

Maybe don't do things to get reported  :thinking:

Share this post


Link to post

We shall see in customs brother

Is this a confirmation of Beast playing CE or wishful thinking?

Share this post


Link to post

Is this a confirmation of Beast playing CE or wishful thinking?

Nah CE is so incredibly broken I don't even bother. The pistol shots just dance around people like crazy. I'd play it in customs if people really wanted to but I know it's unenjoyable for pretty much everyone lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Nah CE is so incredibly broken I don't even bother. The pistol shots just dance around people like crazy. I'd play it in customs if people really wanted to but I know it's unenjoyable for pretty much everyone lol.

If you wish real hard and pray to 2gre I hear it makes it better. 

Share this post


Link to post

Trying to get back into CE is frustrating.  First of all, it takes forever to find a game.  Secondly, I don't remember most weapon timings, nade spots or strats.

I used to be pretty decent a few years back, but my goodness I am crap now, and for some reason I can't snipe to save my life.

Share this post


Link to post

Why in the hell do you get banned for quitting once? That's ridiculous. I shouldn't be forced to play a 3v4 on Hang 'Em CTF with awful teammates where I'm just getting spawn killed at red base the entire game. You should be able to quit games with uneven teams without penalty, and the ban shouldn't even kick in until the 3rd quit IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post

Why in the hell do you get banned for quitting once? That's ridiculous. I shouldn't be forced to play a 3v4 on Hang 'Em CTF with awful teammates where I'm just getting spawn killed at red base the entire game. You should be able to quit games with uneven teams without penalty, and the ban shouldn't even kick in until the 3rd quit IMHO.

I think they're updating it soon so that quitting a 1v4 or 2v4 gives no penalty, and quitting a 3v4 gives a small one.

 

I just wish they'd add a surrender option so nobody has to quit or waste time.

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like we won't get the aiming update until after the tournament as they found a bug and are leaving for the holidays and afterwards likely will not want to release it near an event so as to avoid potential issues there. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

Looks like we won't get the aiming update until after the tournament as they found a bug and are leaving for the holidays and afterwards don't likely want to release it near an event so as to avoid potential issues there. 

Welp.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

Looks like we won't get the aiming update until after the tournament as they found a bug and are leaving for the holidays and afterwards likely will not want to release it near an event so as to avoid potential issues there. 

I understand why but still it’s annoying. The aiming update is like the update that halo 5 should of gotten a long time ago. 

Share this post


Link to post

It just sucks that it had to be this update since its such an improvement and its so important that it releases while people are still interested in trying it. As far as Halo 3 goes this will easily be the most important update it will have pretty much ever seen including the original release

  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

It just sucks that it had to be this update since its such an improvement and its so important that it releases while people are still interested in trying it. As far as Halo 3 goes this will easily be the most important update it will have pretty much ever seen including the original release

There were some noticeable issues though that were game breaking, so it’s delay is justified. 

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't run into to many Teams of 3 or 4 that know what to do. Except when I match Ogre 2. Probably helps I search to2 or 3 decently often

Share this post


Link to post

So I need some help with the aiming settings. This week was the first time I've played since some of them were introduced, and I've got questions. Some advice would be much appreciated.

-I assume horizontal and vertical sensitivity should always match for all games?

-Should I even bother with the 0.5 increments for sensitivity? I feel like if I start messing with those I'll find myself in another sensitivity crisis. Has anyone actually settled on a 0.5 sens? Since launch I've had every game at 6 except for H3 (which I have at 5, because it's always felt slightly more sensitive to me than OG H3 for some reason). 

-What is everyone using for aim acceleration? Is higher generally better, for more consistency? Or no?

-For deadzone, should I just stick with default? Because my stick starts to drift at 10% (which means I probably need a new controller), but overall I like the sensitivity of it. Any higher than 13%, and sniping/no-scoping becomes a pain because fine-tuning my aiming gets more difficult and becomes annoying. So I've mostly been playing on 11-13. Probably just gonna stick to default for now.

 

I'm also curious how the new modern aiming settings are going to affect all of these (and vice/versa).

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Love it when you play HCE solo and run into teams of 3 and 4. Marvelous.

This is happening to me in every game I search for in Social. While I'm getting stuck with Johnny Nothumbs and his 2 buddies, who half the time end up betraying each other or just quitting outright. Kinda ruining the game for me. Either I have the worst luck of all time, or there's some form of hidden SBMM/team balancing in place. Idk why the teams of 3/4 aren't just playing ranked. Being on either side of a blowout isn't really fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Landonio said:

So I need some help with the aiming settings. This week was the first time I've played since some of them were introduced, and I've got questions. Some advice would be much appreciated.

-I assume horizontal and vertical sensitivity should always match for all games?

-Should I even bother with the 0.5 increments for sensitivity? I feel like if I start messing with those I'll find myself in another sensitivity crisis. Has anyone actually settled on a 0.5 sens? Since launch I've had every game at 6 except for H3 (which I have at 5, because it's always felt slightly more sensitive to me than OG H3 for some reason). 

-What is everyone using for aim acceleration? Is higher generally better, for more consistency? Or no?

-For deadzone, should I just stick with default? Because my stick starts to drift at 10% (which means I probably need a new controller), but overall I like the sensitivity of it. Any higher than 13%, and sniping/no-scoping becomes a pain because fine-tuning my aiming gets more difficult and becomes annoying. So I've mostly been playing on 11-13. Probably just gonna stick to default for now.

 

I'm also curious how the new modern aiming settings are going to affect all of these (and vice/versa).

Thanks.

Every H3 fan I've asked doesn't like the way equal horizontal and vertical feels. For Halo 1 I made them equal to what I used before (4 in my case) and it feels good enough.

 

I've always liked high numbers for aim acceleration. This is mostly preference I believe, most people I know who are better than me for Halo 3 at least play lower aim acceleration. Not sure if there's a consensus.

 

I usually have my deadzones at 0 in games with the option, MCC is the only game I own where 0 deadzones makes me drift. No clue what's going on. I now stick with default.

 

Can't comment on anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/18/2018 at 8:25 AM, Landonio said:

Why in the hell do you get banned for quitting once? That's ridiculous. I shouldn't be forced to play a 3v4 on Hang 'Em CTF with awful teammates where I'm just getting spawn killed at red base the entire game. You should be able to quit games with uneven teams without penalty, and the ban shouldn't even kick in until the 3rd quit IMHO.

Last night I got banned after the connection was lost. I didn´t quit but still I was banned.  Amazing :-/

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.