CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

New modern aiming features? Oh what could go wrong and why would they mess with such a thing?

It's a toggle, and if they can make H3 aiming feel like H4 aiming, then it'll be a godsend.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a toggle, and if they can make H3 aiming feel like H4 aiming, then it'll be a godsend.

Now that sounds interesting....

Well I guess we're about to find out since the update is already out for the insider stuff.

I will say just walking around the map by myself hasn't felt that natural since I stopped playing H3 on a tube tv in 08. Its not that everything is super different its more like the acceleration curves make some kind of sense and I just don't really get the same kind of whip towards the middle/tail end of it that MCC/H3 normally has. You can still get it to turn fast but you need to be trying to do 180s or more to see it.

I'd be interested in a more technical write up with comparison graphs for the curves etc since my impression is always going to be influenced by how I use a controller 

10/10 might re-install MCC if this a thing.. I never even heard of this until just now.

10/10 might re-install MCC if this a thing.. I never even heard of this until just now.

I was messing around in a custom by myself and man it makes H3 aiming soooooooo much better. Personally I didn't like the aiming in any of the 3 original games on mcc so it's an improvement to each one for me. If any of the games have worse aiming to you than h2a then yea it's amazing. Honestly the best change to the game for me and might actually make me play the older games lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I was messing around in a custom by myself and man it makes H3 aiming soooooooo much better. Personally I didn't like the aiming in any of the 3 original games on mcc so it's an improvement to each one for me. If any of the games have worse aiming to you than h2a then yea it's amazing. Honestly the best change to the game for me and might actually make me play the older games lol.

What exactly did the new changes do? Specifically for halo 3??

What exactly did the new changes do? Specifically for halo 3??

It just allows you to use H2a aiming instead of what it feels like normally. Just a toggle option. So with it on its just like H2a. A lot more smooth and the diagonal isn't super fucked.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It just allows you to use H2a aiming instead of what it feels like normally. Just a toggle option. So with it on its just like H2a. A lot more smooth and the diagonal isn't super fucked.

I’ll have to give it a try then. I’ve had to play on a higher vertical sensitivity in order to compensate for the terrible diagonal aiming.

H3 Hit-reg feel a little better for anyone else in this insider build? Can't decide i'm just getting favorable hosts. 

H3 Hit-reg feel a little better for anyone else in this insider build? Can't decide i'm just getting favorable hosts. 

Its always like this. Then you go back to the real MCC and remember their servers are trash

• Upvote (+1) 4

How's H2 with the past couple updates? Any closer to OG? Haven't been on in months, but I'm starting to get that itch.

THIS WAS THE IDEA I PITCHED LIKE 3 YEARS AGO!!! 

They did this with Titanfall 2 and it's the shit. Yeah im hella down to play now.

I'm busy until next weekend. If you want to play next weekend though at some point I'm definitely in.

I might be traveling that weekend. Don't know yet, but I'll be down. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So how does the aiming feel in the insider build? Did Halo 3 actually feel like it does in H2A or how it normally does?

It is way better. I wouldn't say h2a level (that may just be because how easy it was to hit shots in H2A), but it makes a big difference. I just switched back to the old build and it is very noticeable. 

The easiest way to test it for me is doing the Ogre Twitch. In the classic mode in H3 you pretty much always make an Oval. WIth the "Modern Setting" on you can actually make circles.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone for CE 2v2s tonight? Paging @@Hard Way @@RVG E Nomini @@Apoll0 @@Silos

Me and a group of my old college buddies are addicted to Blackout atm.  I don't know the next time i'll play Halo though when i can apply the H2A aiming to every game on retail, i'll probably be drawn back

• Upvote (+1) 1