CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ive definitely noticed fewer quits since the update. Before the quit update but with composer, 9/10 btb games would end with 0-4 people. Now 9/10 end with 4-8. I vaguely recall one game where everyone quits. I only played a few 2v2 games but no quitters even when my teammate was thumbless.

In social, id definitely rather have people afk than quit lol. Then at least for slayer games will end on time. 343 wants to address the afk issue but understand they are a team of 6 or 7, and that includes qa and data managers and a community manager. They have a shit ton to do so progress will always be slow. They have to write stuff from scratch and get it working on 5 games, 3 of which is legacy tech from a different studio. It just sucks

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never liked Infection outside of the H3 double XP playlists

Idk how people grind that for years.

@@Riddler oh for sure. The MCC Team is doing an insane amount of more work per employee that the rest of 343. Just within the last few months they've done more than the H5 SuStAiN TeAm did in three years.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The amount of bloodshots in this game is alarming. And I can't tell anymore if my aim is off or if it is just the game. Have 343 said anywhere they are planning on fixing hit reg anytime soon?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The amount of bloodshots in this game is alarming. And I can't tell anymore if my aim is off or if it is just the game. Have 343 said anywhere they are planning on fixing hit reg anytime soon?

eu player?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah but watching US streamers having the same issues in MCC and I'm not seeing this happen in other games.

Its not just EU. Something changed with Halo 3 when we moved to the insider build and dedicated servers. My ping is something like 19 to East 2 and sub 50 anywhere else in NA. I played all of OG H3 on a ping north of 150 to someone 2 miles from my house at best for more than 30k total games between all of my accounts so I know what a bad connection on H3 looks and feels like. I was also playing all three somewhat consistently leading up to the insider build so its not just faulty memories. If I'm not playing on what I assume to be East 2 people eat full BR bursts very regularly from any distance and if you're sniping from any semi distant area (think s2 to your plat on the pit) it just seems like there's a decent probability that you get a blood shot for little to no reason. The confusion comes from the fact that H3 never had good registration so people want to write it off like its always been this way when it simply hasn't. The good thing about MCC is that there is no host advantage but off host vs off host player is worse than it was on p2p MCC on most hosts and worse than og 360 H3 too. You also have a lot of weird issues that used to be exceedingly rare but are now common like throwing double nades on top of traditional issues like having to reload power weapons multiple times. It needs work. I wish Halo 3 had a Halo bugs website tbh to start documenting the weird stuff

You also have a lot of weird issues that used to be exceedingly rare but are now common like throwing double nades on top of traditional issues like having to reload power weapons multiple times. It needs work. I wish Halo 3 had a Halo bugs website tbh to start documenting the weird stuff

Yup, double nades and double reload are far more prominent on MCC.

I just finished my classes for the semester so I'll be playing all weekend. Add me to play some games GT: OG Nick 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just finished my classes for the semester so I'll be playing all weekend. Add me to play some games GT: OG Nick

Whatchu tryna get a 50 in?

Whatchu tryna get a 50 in?

My heart is telling me CE, but my brain is telling me basically anything else

• Upvote (+1) 4

Infection is infection. Let it be what it is. Make a new gametype if you want survival + additional obj.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it would benefit from a scoring change. It should reward time survived, not kills. They should put out a zone every 60 seconds in various (non random) positions that award bonus points, as a means to pull ahead.

Currently, since they award kills, it makes zombies not want to play the way they should play. They’ll wait out their whole round if they start zombie. Or once they have a group, there’s no incentive to play to the way an efficient group of zombies should play. You need a guy to pull attention and sacrifice himself, and currently the scoring system punishes the guy that makes that necessary play. If all the zombies were incentivized to kill the humans as quickly as possible instead of with as few deaths as possible, this would change.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wasn't there something with a zone in Reach? Safe Haven or something?

Wasn't there something with a zone in Reach? Safe Haven or something?

There was but it was poorly implemented. It was a trap more than anything. There was no score to be had, just temporary safety. Then the zone would move and anyone left standing there would get swarmed.

There was but it was poorly implemented. It was a trap more than anything. There was no score to be had, just temporary safety. Then the zone would move and anyone left standing there would get swarmed.

Lmao classic Bungie blunder.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This may be a long shot but gonna ask here since no one is responding on waypoint. Sometimes when I start an H3 game the map won't load and I get kicked back to the lobby with a message that says "connection interrupted" leaving my team 3v4 and me banned. I've tried uninstalling, resetting mac address, hard resetting and nothing has fixed it. Has anyone else here experienced this and able to permenantly fix it? Theres a post on waypoint with many others having this same issue but there's been no post with a fix and I haven't seen 343 acknowledge it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This may be a long shot but gonna ask here since no one is responding on waypoint. Sometimes when I start an H3 game the map won't load and I get kicked back to the lobby with a message that says "connection interrupted" leaving my team 3v4 and me banned. I've tried uninstalling, resetting mac address, hard resetting and nothing has fixed it. Has anyone else here experienced this and able to permenantly fix it? Theres a post on waypoint with many others having this same issue but there's been no post with a fix and I haven't seen 343 acknowledge it yet.

Well, the connection interrupted thing I don't know about, but as far as leaving you banned for whatever allotted time they give you.. You're kind of at the mercy of the game to just wait it out. 343 knows about the issues behind their banning system, but not sure if they're going to do anything about it anytime soon. 

You're not going to find anyone here that will agree that your ban is justified -- Their banning system is idiotic. Just nothing we can do about it. You should be able to play again after a couple of hours or so if I'm not mistaken. 

i would suggest forwarding your ports to the xbox servers (look up a guide). Other than that, is ur internet good? No packet loss?