CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Same question for h3 players is the game running well yet? I had massive shot registration issues in ce and h3 a while ago and just didn't think it was worth it anymore. Would be nice to hop back on

Depends where you're from. Can only find american servers playing hardcore anything no matter what time of day I try. The reg is better than it used to be but still nothing compared to og h3.

Depends where you're from. Can only find american servers playing hardcore anything no matter what time of day I try. The reg is better than it used to be but still nothing compared to og h3.

Yeah I'm in the UK. Still the registration was awful when I was last playing much worse than when I used to play OG against Americans and I have way better internet now.

CE enthusiasts: Is MCC CE now closer to OG? Or is it still a joke compared to the real thing?

I'm really enjoying the 4v4 playlist, but I've never LANed the real thing so I can't tell.

it's the same it's been since 2015 except the shotgun works better. sniper is a lot stronger than OG so sniper sees way more usage than OG. Camo snipe on chilly is actually so much stronger than OG that people dont even go for rockets and get it when it used to be the consolation prize. rockets are weaker than OG. hang em high is snipe em high on mcc, but on OG it's all about controlling rockets and barely anyone nades snipes but on MCC people will nade snipe to themselves like 500% more often. you can hear spawns and footsteps so flanking is not very prevalent on mcc when on OG you always have to be conscious of everything around you; on mcc you can cover spawns 360 degrees around you where on OG you can only cover 108 degrees. 4v4 takes away most of the skill gap so it plays a lot closer to OG.

oh and ofc PR and PP don't work on MCC where PR is a strong weapon on chilly and Creek.

and h3 shot reg for h3 is at an all time high history wise. better than OG for the sole reason there is no host advantage. off host vs off host reg is worse at the same ping, more bloodshots occur. but since every1 is even, it's better than what we ever had on OG (minus those mlg maps where people had a 9th person hosting outside the map)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks for the reply. I always felt sniping in MCC CE was piss easy so good to hear it's not supposed to be that way. Let's pray the MCC Team has some good stuff in store for us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the Classic talk made me starting up MCC for the first time in two years....and the update is 73 GB...

I have gigabit but that doesnt help much because the speed from Xbox Live is so slow. lol

All the Classic talk made me starting up MCC for the first time in two years....and the update is 73 GB...

I have gigabit but that doesnt help much because the speed from Xbox Live is so slow. lol

Start downloadingt, when it's ready to start: start it and go to something like settings->installed games and remove campaigns & multiplayers u don't want, depending on what u choose u can more than halve that size.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Start downloadingt, when it's ready to start: start it and go to something like settings->installed games and remove campaigns & multiplayers u don't want, depending on what u choose u can more than halve that size.

Thanks for the tip!

I have no idea how to improve in halo 3. I feel like the more I play the worse I get. Apologies for whoever gets on my team  :lxthul:

Learn the spawns and spawn locations. Try to block any spawns that you think would be good for the other team by throwing nades. Don't stat mid gold on construct. You'll spawn your team there and probably throw the game if you're playing good players. Only snipe back stage/attic if the other team is contesting your side of top mid and nobody on your team is pushing on narrows. Don't get averaged by people spawning snipe or green when you spawn on the opposite in guardian oddball when the ball is blue/gold. Always time custom/camo. Push lobby to top mid in almost all circumstances on Narrows because pushing low is free kills if the other team is in control and looking. Give your team sword spawns on construct koth instead of pushing out and dying when you're down in numbers and also do your best to not spawn people back gold when the hill is bottom. Push through long/runway on the Pit instead of trying to desperately stop a flag cap that's already past your plat. etc etc A lot of people think H3 is maybe brainless but there are definitely dos and don'ts on every map.

This isn't even like a you specifically thing its more like a PSA for H3 lol. Some of the stuff I've seen people doing the last week or so is wild.

As for new controller options. Can I get Halo CE style aiming in everything going forward 343? It just feels right

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played h3 all afternoon. Had a great time, game is feeling decent. Anyone else notice those little micro stutters occasionally? I saw it on someone's stream and then it happened to me today

got dat mic

"CursedLemon"

already have u added i think from a while ago. ill be on later tonight and hopefully we can get delicious salt after every win

Played h3 all afternoon. Had a great time, game is feeling decent. Anyone else notice those little micro stutters occasionally? I saw it on someone's stream and then it happened to me today

I asked about frame drops in the other thread earlier today and apparently if you're using a Xbox One X you don't get the big drop around the start of the game like basic xbox ones do. Feels bad because this wasn't a problem before these updates

already have u added i think from a while ago. ill be on later tonight and hopefully we can get delicious salt after every win

SMH... Playing Halo when you COULD be on that comp TTT grind with the latest and greatest Minecraft themed maps and the best pro gamers under 14.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 1 rockets are strong and fast to promote fighting to the death for them and to force constant movement around the map so H1's slayer isn't a camp fest like every other Halo's slayers. Ever wonder why 2vs2 H1 slayer gets to 50 more than twice as fast as 4vs4 H2/H3 slayer? It's because the power ups are so strong you can't afford to not get them or fight for them. Rockets are also that strong to increase the power of camo on maps like damnation/derelict/hang em where rockets alone aren't hugely important. So yet again, a powerup like camo is strong enough to fight for everytime because of the strength of rockets among other things. There isnt a big skillgap in using rockets. The skillgap comes from what you do to get them and what you do to defend against them. 

Also, the power weapons are more effective when there are only 2 guns shooting at you, not 4. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I'm in the UK. Still the registration was awful when I was last playing much worse than when I used to play OG against Americans and I have way better internet now.

1pm gmt, seven games played, eu host one single game out the seven :)

That is likely a large part of it. Also, MCC has smaller deadzones by default so finer control is allowed. In addition, the sensitivity is equal in all directions (as far as I know) on MCC. Another factor is that most games played on the original game were offhost which requires more lead and has even more sluggish movement and aiming. We have spoken with the people working on it and I know that they have compared the 'Tags' which store the values for aim assist, spread etc and they are the same for every gun minus the rocket launcher and needler.

Sure, the variables may all be the same, and I'm sure that plays out in split screen. The halo PC netcode with the no lead mod is obviously a major contributing factor.

Anyone who has put any serious time into OG cannot honestly believe that every snipe they are given credit for on mcc is deserved. The game definitely gives out "eh, close enough" shots all the time, and if someone can't see that, then I'd imagine they vastly overestimate their own personal skill level.

I think people are developing a weird bias because they've spent way too much time on a shitty version of halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

CE sniper has gotten way harder(well, glitchier) for me since the big update, before when I hit a shot I hit the shot, now there's about a 10% chance of it counting, even if the enemy is running in a straight line it doesn't hit.

Figured I'd join the recent hype and play some MCC. I start up an H3 game, got sent back to the lobby before the map was loaded then got a message saying I'm banned for an hour. Nice.

Sure, the variables may all be the same, and I'm sure that plays out in split screen. The halo PC netcode with the no lead mod is obviously a major contributing factor.

Anyone who has put any serious time into OG cannot honestly believe that every snipe they are given credit for on mcc is deserved. The game definitely gives out "eh, close enough" shots all the time, and if someone can't see that, then I'd imagine they vastly overestimate their own personal skill level.

I think people are developing a weird bias because they've spent way too much time on a shitty version of halo.

On split screen, shooting is still too easy especially the sniper. Thats why I think the controllers plus consistent 60 fps are such a large factor. MCC does not use the No lead mod from halo PC.

In regards to your second paragraph, the problem we are running into is that every time we take an example that looks like MCC being very generous and watch the shot frame by frame, it would have worked on splitscreen of the original game. 

Another factor that I don't hear brought up is the impact of being able react instantly in the original game when being shot at. Because of the addition of lag and lag compensation I think the window players have to duck behind something when shot at is not nearly as large.

Edit: One more thing I forgot to mention, after you kill someone their character can move quite a bit between when the killing shot lands and when the death animation plays. I think this has the effect of making it appear as though you aimed poorly and killed them but they really were where you aimed at the time of trigger pull.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a thread or post here that lists each Pro’s sensitivity settings in Halo 3 MCC? Would be interesting if any trends occur with the new acceleration and deadzone settings.