FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Has anyone had random frame drops in MCC since the last update? I can't remember if it was the November update or the October one (i'm leaning towards the October one) but I've had around ~10 of them since these updates for mcc started rolling out. I'm playing on the stock day 1 xbone console too.

Didn't really notice them at first, but when I realised it was happening more often I started to clip them. I believe I've had them in all games except h4. Don't have a h3 one clipped (definitely had one on narrows), but here's two from the others.

h2 ivory tower (around 0:20)

hce dammy (around 0:20 too)

Going to post on waypoint feedback forums if no one has already

Yeah it happens. I posted a few times in the insider build feedback threads about it. The very start of games is a good place to see it in action. The actual nightmare performance issue is that very rarely the game can lock somewhere well below 60 fps and look like a slideshow until you reset the entire game

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played about 5 or so games in the H3 hardcore playlist last night. I can't really remember when the last time I tried H3 was but I'm pretty sure it was before the insider patch. It's definitely night and day for me in terms of the registration. Out of those 5 games, all the connections were good and the shot registration was much better than I expected. It's still shitty Halo 3 netcode with dropped bullets/bloodshots.

Definitely scratched my itch for nostalgia. Still can't stand the sluggish aiming system, cross hair placement and a few other things but it's great to see my friendslist so active on H3.

Not gonna lie, non centered reticle feels so fucking wrong. I've disliked it in every game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Getting betrayed for snipe in CE is probably the most irrationally angry I've ever been at anything.

I mean you wanna win the game don't you?  :kappa:

Just got done watching that H3 2v2 HCS tourny and I gotta say, 2v2 Halo is so much better for eSports.

I mean you wanna win the game don't you?  :kappa:

In H2? Alright you're a fuckass, but at least I get it.

In CE? THEY RESPAWN EVERY 30 SECONDS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Not gonna lie, non centered reticle feels so fucking wrong. I've disliked it in every game.

No matter how much people complain about this, I have never noticed it. 

I'm going to blame you if I DO start noticing it because it keeps getting brought up, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2v2 Halo would be infinitely easier than 4v4 for spectators to view, process, and fundamentally comprehend. There's nothing functionally wrong with 4v4 Halo (INCLUDING CE), but as a matter of pacing related to the spectator experience, 2v2 would be a lot more accessible.

this is what Gandhi preaches and I agree, but thats not to say 4v4 isn't possible to process / comprehend. also it's a lot easier to get 1 partner than to get 3.

not sure i'm on board with 2v2 doing better than 4v4 viewer wise.

• Upvote (+1) 4

2v2 H3 would need a settings overhaul. It's a bit too slow right now to be enjoyable long term. Faster powerups and weapons (with less ammo to compensate) should definitely be looked at for future 2v2 events, because man, it can really drag sometimes. Also, some forge maps made especially for 2v2 wouldn't hurt either.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No matter how much people complain about this, I have never noticed it.

I'm going to blame you if I DO start noticing it because it keeps getting brought up, though.

play games where it's centered for a while then go back. It's a jarring ass change.

2v2 H3 would need a settings overhaul. It's a bit too slow right now to be enjoyable long term. Faster powerups and weapons (with less ammo to compensate) should definitely be looked at for future 2v2 events, because man, it can really drag sometimes. Also, some forge maps made especially for 2v2 wouldn't hurt either.

H3 2v2 would instantly be better with a BR with no spread (or any Utility weapon that has a better TTK/Accuracy)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please elaborate.

1) I feel 2v2 allows for the little nuances of each Halo game to shine better, e.g. H3's insta-splode mechanic.

2) Casters have more wiggle room to flesh out their talking points since there's less players to focus on.

3) Easier for viewers to follow the "story" of the match.

4) I've personally always preferred the 2v2 experience in every Halo game.

He's a Halo 3 hater. A lot of them here.

I don't hate H3. I just recognize its flaws.

this is what Gandhi preaches and I agree, but thats not to say 4v4 isn't possible to process / comprehend. also it's a lot easier to get 1 partner than to get 3.

not sure i'm on board with 2v2 doing better than 4v4 viewer wise.

Gandhi also said that they probably shouldn't have stopped playing H3 competitively (at the time Reach came out). He may have had a point.

Either way, Halo needs to find a competitive identity and refine it for years.

Games always evolve, but they don't change the basics like Halo has since Reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don’t think 4v4 is an issue for spectators. CS, R6, and Cod are all FPS games with teams larger than 4 and they have a healthy esports scene. OW is a character based FPS with 6 man teams where every member of that team has completely different abilities and roles and it’s doing fine. 2v2 is great but 4v4 is what the large majority of halo players play and I think that will draw the most viewers. That being said, in an ideal world 2v2 and 4v4 would get equal love at events. CE 2v2 is still my favorite flavor of competitive halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6