CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You are clearly biased against Halo 5.

So sorry that you don't enjoy the Halo of NOW as much as I do.

Perhaps if you put more time into it you wouldn't focus so much on minute, barely existent "errors" that occur every once in a million years of gameplay.

Don't ever call me a clown again.

what is so good about Halo 5 you clown

The ranks and progression system. At least for me, I loved grinding military ranks even in social playlists, it’s something that’s been missing from Halo since then.

Should be mixed with 2's/Reach's unique final 7-10 ranks too. I loved when I hit the rank of Field Marshal and begun to get coolass symbols for my grinding.  Favorite was probably Eclipse, or Reclaimer, but there was not a single symbol there I did not grind for since they all rocked.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Do you actually enjoy Halo 5 or are you just playing it because it's the newest Halo game?

He's the worst troll we've got so far. Supermelee and Boyo were at least entertaining in some twisted way, this guy is just crying for attention and then throws jabs at people who disagree with his shitty uninformed opinions ("H4 was the best competitive Halo game btw") . Thank god for the ignore list on TeamBeyond.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Should be mixed with 2's/Reach's unique final 7-10 ranks too. I loved when I hit the rank of Field Marshal and begun to get coolass symbols for my grinding. Favorite was probably Eclipse, or Reclaimer, but there was not a single symbol there I did not grind for since they all rocked.

100%. I liked H3’s system where you had to be a certain number level to progress to a new rank (20 to become a become a captian, 30 for a major etc.) I think it would be neat if you could advance to these levels after reaching a 50, and that this progression was tied to winning as opposed to simply playing a lot.

Halo 3’s +1 win, 0 loss, -1 quit was perfect and I don’t know why they ever changed it. It incentivised winning even in social playlists, and rewarded players for sticking it out till the end. The punishment for quitting was essentially losing the exp you won for winning the last match, so made you not wanna quit. This quit ban system we have now is asinine and it just makes people not wanna play the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You also lost XP for quitting a 1v4 in H3 though, so the system wasn't flawless. If anything, I would give -2 XP for the first quitter, the 2nd gets maybe 1 and the rest definitely get out without punishment (or just add a damn surrender option already)

• Upvote (+1) 4

A surrender option is definitely the way to go, its ridiculous that with all the quitting problems we’ve had they haven’t added it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 4

EXP and the social progression system were great ways to measure one's playtime in any particular playlist. There isn't really any meaningful progression in MCC besides the ranking systems which even then mean less to people than they did in the H2/H3 days. Seems like a no brainer to add one to MCC lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

EXP and the social progression system were great ways to measure one's playtime in any particular playlist. There isn't really any meaningful progression in MCC besides the ranking systems which even then mean less to people than they did in the H2/H3 days. Seems like a no brainer to add one to MCC lol

Social EXP and progression was a nice little feature to add really. I think H3s overall rank system was pretty nice, your overall rank, playlists ranks and EXP ranks across playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Should be mixed with 2's/Reach's unique final 7-10 ranks too. I loved when I hit the rank of Field Marshal and begun to get coolass symbols for my grinding. Favorite was probably Eclipse, or Reclaimer, but there was not a single symbol there I did not grind for since they all rocked.

I haven't gotten to the highest rank in reach. I think hero is the first unique title? That's what I'm at.

I haven't gotten to the highest rank in reach. I think hero is the first unique title? That's what I'm at.

Field Marshal's first. Then Hero, then Legend, Mythic, Noble, Eclipse, Nova, Forerunner, Reclaimer, Inheritor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First MCC game in a few months there are 2 AFKers on the other team, I get kicked for betraying someone who walked on my sticky and get a matchmaking ban.

Field Marshal's first. Then Hero, then Legend, Mythic, Noble, Eclipse, Nova, Forerunner, Reclaimer, Inheritor.

took me like 3 years to get to hero. And that was after playing it almost everyday.

(I may have even cheesed it by doing the target locator credit exploit that I believe also leveled you up?)

Just got banned for an hour and I didn't even quit...

I got a 15-minute ban for getting kicked from a match the moment I got a kill.

took me like 3 years to get to hero. And that was after playing it almost everyday.

(I may have even cheesed it by doing the target locator credit exploit that I believe also leveled you up?)

I'll never forget ranking up to Hero because the game I played before it left me with 25 Cr to rank up, lmao. Infection Uncaged.

Exploits were weird in Reach, pretty sure they nerfed them early on. Because I burned through that commendation, and got jackshit for it.

I'll never forget ranking up to Hero because the game I played before it left me with 25 Cr to rank up, lmao. Infection Uncaged.

Exploits were weird in Reach, pretty sure they nerfed them early on. Because I burned through that commendation, and got jackshit for it.

I did it like in the first month of release. I burned through it until i was getting so little from it that i was getting less than a matches worth before they added those credit bonuses.

Also I lowkey didnt like stock infection in reach for a longtime. Alpha zombies was pretty good though. I had a great spot on sword base that got fucking patched out after a while. I won games there too.

Just got banned for an hour and I didn't even quit...

What did you do to get banned then? 

Hour ban is like, the third quit/kick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did it like in the first month of release. I burned through it until i was getting so little from it that i was getting less than a matches worth before they added those credit bonuses.

Also I lowkey didnt like stock infection in reach for a longtime. Alpha zombies was pretty good though. I had a great spot on sword base that got fucking patched out after a while. I won games there too.

Hated Alpha Zombies. Putting the zombies at an even worse disadvantage by giving them sprint over evade was the worst decision and just made statting on them super easy. Terrible. 

Hated Alpha Zombies. Putting the zombies at an even worse disadvantage by giving them sprint over evade was the worst decision and just made statting on them super easy. Terrible.

no u.

First MCC game in a few months there are 2 AFKers on the other team, I get kicked for betraying someone who walked on my sticky and get a matchmaking ban.

You don't get kicked for your first betrayal. You must have accidentally betrayed someone else before that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't get kicked for your first betrayal. You must have accidentally betrayed someone else before that.

I threw a sticky on one of the AFK guys and my two genius teammates decided to run up and melee him. That was the first two. I really wish you did not spawn with stickies on Heretic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was playing MCC and getting high last night with three buddies of mine, we had two xbox’s and monitors so we did 2 player splitscreen and ran 4v4 mixtape obj only. Only one of my three buddies played Halo back in the day, and the other two had really only played it at friends’ houses.

Shit got super sweaty but it was the most fun I’ve had playing Halo in a long time. The fact that the old games are super easy to pick up and play is what made it so accessible to so many people, I really hope Infinite can capture that.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Has anyone had random frame drops in MCC since the last update? I can't remember if it was the November update or the October one (i'm leaning towards the October one) but I've had around ~10 of them since these updates for mcc started rolling out. I'm playing on the stock day 1 xbone console too.

Didn't really notice them at first, but when I realised it was happening more often I started to clip them. I believe I've had them in all games except h4. Don't have a h3 one clipped (definitely had one on narrows), but here's two from the others.

h2 ivory tower (around 0:20)

hce dammy (around 0:20 too)

Going to post on waypoint feedback forums if no one has already

edit: got a h3 pit one as well. seems to occur withing first 30 seconds of a match

• Upvote (+1) 1