CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Has anyone found a way to convert aiming sens of og titles to MCC?

Used to play H2-H3 with 4 but in MCC it feels way too fast. Tried lowering the sens and changing acc and deadzones but can't seem to find the perfect combo :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also did we forget about the AGL tournaments?  Great teams played great games for quite a while at the national level.

Just because the floor fell out from underneath AGL doesn't mean that Halo 4 doesn't still have significant potential to be a successful eSport with a faithful, sizable following.

Halo 4 never really got the chance it deserved.  It was a weird transition time for Halo and it seems as though nobody really wanted to take what they saw as a risk to run big tournaments.

I mean why limit ourselves to Halo 5, Halo: Infinite, and Halo 3.

Fucking bring the baller status and let's fucking put Halo back on the map as the best [series] of videogames ever created!

Halo 4 was one of the worst video games I've ever played in my life. It didn't get a chance because it didn't deserve one.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 4 was one of the worst video games I've ever played in my life. It didn't get a chance because it didn't deserve one.

lol

I don't know man...

E.T. for the Atari was SO BAD that the developers BURIED thousands of copies in the DESSERT.

Now that's bad.

• Downvote (-1) 2

lol

I don't know man...

E.T. for the Atari was SO BAD that the developers BURIED thousands of copies in the DESSERT.

Now that's bad.

Halo 4 killed an entire population of players.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Gotta say, Match Composer is the best thing that happened to Halo since the zero bloom update in Reach. Total game changer for the MCC, now if we could only get a progression system similar to H3's with playlist XP (make it gametype and or specific game XP) then I think this game could get a pretty healthy population in the long run. Haven't had trouble finding matches at all since Match Composer whereas before I was lucky to find a BTB game lol.

Agreed, it really is a game-changer. I have been very critical of 343 since the launch of MCC, but I have to tip my hat to them for this one and give credit where credit's due.

The more I play H3, the more it puzzles me how this is considered the most popular game of the series. The aiming is awful (clunky and heavy), the gameplay is slow, the battle rifle has no range and is terribly inconsistent. Mechanically speaking, the game is just awful.

The more I play CE, the less tolerant I become of the sequels. Even playing the odd game of Halo 2 is a challenge.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Agreed, it really is a game-changer. I have been very critical of 343 since the launch of MCC, but I have to tip my hat to them for this one and give credit where credit's due.

The more I play H3, the more it puzzles me how this is considered the most popular game of the series. The aiming is awful (clunky and heavy), the gameplay is slow, the battle rifle has no range and is terribly inconsistent. Mechanically speaking, the game is just awful.

It was the social experience of file share, crazy custom games, forge mode, an amazing theatre mode (which no Halo game has been able to match or improve on, for some reason) and the overall community engagement that made it so damn popular. No video game has been able to replicate that experience since then.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Halo 4 is bland. There are fifty other games that do what it does better. All unique Halo feeling and gameplay removed. Even the AI was dumbed down so the CPU had more room for graphics. More AI on screen =/= more fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

an amazing theatre mode (which no Halo game has been able to match or improve on, for some reason) 

I'd just like to go ahead and revisit how fucking ridiculous this is, because wow is it ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

lol

I don't know man...

Now that's bad.

They buried them in their dessert? NY cuisine sure is weird.

Jokes aside, wasn't just E.T. getting buried, Atari just dumped a lot of their unsold games of various titles in the desert lol.

I'd just like to go ahead and revisit how fucking ridiculous this is, because wow is it ever. 

idk much about much but i know this much... that was a bit much

It was the social experience of file share, crazy custom games, forge mode, an amazing theatre mode (which no Halo game has been able to match or improve on, for some reason) and the overall community engagement that made it so damn popular. No video game has been able to replicate that experience since then.

what about all the people in matchmaking itself? Must've done something to keep people interested even if it was bad.

Does it really matter if they're out of sync if you're watching one person playing at a time?

Are you really sitting there watching 8 monitors at once while being cognizant of everybody's viewpoint and the latency between them?

Not only do I doubt that there is a synchronous problem with theater or spectator mode, but it baffles me that you are able to call something you could not create on your own "so terrible."

It seems as though you just like to have something to complain about. How odd... I've never come across that on the Internet before!

Get real dude.

• Downvote (-1) 7

"Get real" lmao. They're not out of sync with each other you clown, they are out of sync with the server and that's why people get hitmarkers on clear misses, kills around corners etc. There was once a game called Halo 3 where what you saw in Theater is what actually happened on screen, crazy concept right?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You are clearly biased against Halo 5.

So sorry that you don't enjoy the Halo of NOW as much as I do.

Perhaps if you put more time into it you wouldn't focus so much on minute, barely existent "errors" that occur every once in a million years of gameplay.

Don't ever call me a clown again.

• Downvote (-1) 19

You are clearly biased against Halo 5.

Perhaps if you put more time into it you wouldn't focus so much on minute, barely existent "errors" that occur every once in a million years of gameplay.

Don't ever call me a clown again.

shut it clown
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

what about all the people in matchmaking itself? Must've done something to keep people interested even if it was bad.

The ranks and progression system. At least for me, I loved grinding military ranks even in social playlists, it’s something that’s been missing from Halo since then.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Or what?

I'm pretty sure I wasn't even talking to you.

Although I knew that statement would trigger somebody.

Congratulations you're the lucky winner!

• Downvote (-1) 5

Do you actually enjoy Halo 5 or are you just playing it because it's the newest Halo game?

• Upvote (+1) 3