CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I have never seen this before in my entire life. There are boats in h3?...

yeah. As long as you beat the motor, it stayed afloat with one person. People would drive them under the docks which made them a paint to kill because only a well placed suicide rockst or snipe shot could kill them so they were removed from mm.

If a developer were to implement button combos into a halo style arena shooter how would you like them to handle it? Rock paper scissor between different CQC combos? Clash/blocking? 

Just use H2's button combo system.  It's already perfect.

If a developer were to implement button combos into a halo style arena shooter how would you like them to handle it? Rock paper scissor between different CQC combos? Clash/blocking? 

Movement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea that's cute except there's no real truth to saying H3 has this huge skill gap lol. It's actually kinda criticized for the exact opposite by time of people lmao. Also what you enjoy has no bearing on how good you are at a game. If someone enjoys the style of play a sprint halo has to offer that doesn't mean they aren't gonna shit on you in classic halo. You'll see that when all the "H5 kids" dominate these throwback tournaments.

Truth.

I dont get the logic that more mechanics = less skill. That's a laughable fallacy.

----

On another note...

I, for one, believe Halo 4 should have A ranked 4v4 playlist.

Did somebody just forget that Halo 4 had a competitive scene, just like all of the other Halo's have had?

It defies my belief in the very universe itself that 343 really thinks FOUR Halo 3 (a game they DID NOT make) ranked playlists should exist while ZERO POINT ZERO Halo 4 (their first spawn) playlists exist.

It just boggles my mind.

Yeah there was a LOUD (but not necessarily majority) opinion among the Halo community that Halo 4ouR iZ g4RbaGE!!!1

Um, let me clear that up for everyone.

No.

Halo 4 was fucking legit.  I'm not going to sit here on my sweet ass and say that it was better or worse than any other Halo (They are ALL very fucking GOOD, alright?).

So the MCC Halo 4 Matchmaking experience is drilled down to a "mixtape" (lol) playlist selection???

LOL.

I get it guys.  You're joking.  Kappa, Kappa, Kappa.

Meme meme meme.

Fuck memes unless you're talking about ME.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Truth.

I dont get the logic that more mechanics = less skill. That's a laughable fallacy.

----

On another note...

Did somebody just forget that Halo 4 had a competitive scene, just like all of the other Halo's have had?

It defies my belief in the very universe itself that 343 really thinks FOUR Halo 3 (a game they DID NOT make) ranked playlists should exist while ZERO POINT ZERO Halo 4 (their first spawn) playlists exist.

It just boggles my mind.

Yeah there was a LOUD (but not necessarily majority) opinion among the Halo community that Halo 4ouR iZ g4RbaGE!!!1

No.

Halo 4 was fucking legit. I'm not going to sit here on my sweet ass and say that it was better or worse than any other Halo (They are ALL very fucking GOOD, alright?).

So the MCC Halo 4 Matchmaking experience is drilled down to a "mixtape" (lol) playlist selection???

LOL.

I get it guys. You're joking. Kappa, Kappa, Kappa.

Meme meme meme.

The game had a population of like 10k by January 2013. Pretty sure the majority opinion among Halo players is that it wasn’t really a fun Halo game.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Given that Halo 4 destroyed the casual population of Halo immediately after Reach destroyed the competitive population, gonna go ahead and say that yeah, it was the majority. 

Halo 2 had a healthier competitive scene local to the state of Michigan than Halo 4 had across the entire planet. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

And given the shit that's been in halo games before h4, it really is an accomplishment that it legitimately annihilated the casual player base.

Truth.

----

On another note...

It just boggles my mind.

No.

Halo 4 was fucking legit.  I'm not going to sit here on my sweet ass and say that it was better or worse than any other Halo (They are ALL very fucking GOOD, alright?).

LOL.

I get it guys.  You're joking.  Kappa, Kappa, Kappa.

Meme meme meme.

Promethean vision

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm just trying to grind KotH medals for an achievement and I get betrayed by @@Basu in CE.

feelsbadman.jpg

It was just an accident though lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gotta say, Match Composer is the best thing that happened to Halo since the zero bloom update in Reach. Total game changer for the MCC, now if we could only get a progression system similar to H3's with playlist XP (make it gametype and or specific game XP) then I think this game could get a pretty healthy population in the long run. Haven't had trouble finding matches at all since Match Composer whereas before I was lucky to find a BTB game lol.

• Upvote (+1) 7

https://i.imgur.com/ObFnbQh.png

Not necessarily majority. Right.

Show me the same graphs for Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 2 Anniversary, and Halo 5 please.

Then.... and ONLY then... will your post have some semblance of relevance in this conversation.

Gotta say, Match Composer is the best thing that happened to Halo since the zero bloom update in Reach. Total game changer for the MCC, now if we could only get a progression system similar to H3's with playlist XP (make it gametype and or specific game XP) then I think this game could get a pretty healthy population in the long run. Haven't had trouble finding matches at all since Match Composer whereas before I was lucky to find a BTB game lol.

That's good to hear.  I wasn't able to find a match the other night.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Show me the same graphs for Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 2 Anniversary, and Halo 5 please.

When Halo 4’s population hit around 5k in 2013, I went back to Reach and the population was still around 50k+.

Like, yeah population will always reach its peak on launch day and decline from there, but there’s no denying that Halo 4 had the most rapid decline in player count than any other Halo game preceding it.

By the time H4 launched, pretty much every friend I had that played Halo stopped and haven’t played since then.

• Upvote (+1) 5

When Halo 4’s population hit around 5k in 2013, I went back to Reach and the population was still around 50k+.

Like, yeah population will always reach its peak on launch day and decline from there, but there’s no denying that Halo 4 had the most rapid decline in player count than any other Halo game preceding it.

By the time H4 launched, pretty much every friend I had that played Halo stopped and haven’t played since then.

um

not necessarily. fortnite, csgo, oldschool runescape, path of exile, wow, halo 2, did not hit their peak on launch date. I think halo3 may have peaked at christmas but dont quote me on that. if a game is good, it generally increases in players.

also halo4 was concurrent players, halo reach is last 24hours, and halo3's is something fucking weird that bungie never divulged though there are many speculations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also did we forget about the AGL tournaments?  Great teams played great games for quite a while at the national level.

Just because the floor fell out from underneath AGL doesn't mean that Halo 4 doesn't still have significant potential to be a successful eSport with a faithful, sizable following.

Halo 4 never really got the chance it deserved.  It was a weird transition time for Halo and it seems as though nobody really wanted to take what they saw as a risk to run big tournaments.

I mean why limit ourselves to Halo 5, Halo: Infinite, and Halo 3.

Fucking bring the baller status and let's fucking put Halo back on the map as the best [series] of videogames ever created!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

um

not necessarily. fortnite, csgo, oldschool runescape, path of exile, wow, halo 2, did not hit their peak on launch date. I think halo3 may have peaked at christmas but dont quote me on that. if a game is good, it generally increases in players.

also halo4 was concurrent players, halo reach is last 24hours, and halo3's is something fucking weird that bungie never divulged though there are many speculations.

Yeah, you right. Shouldn’t have said always, but I would imagine it still stands that population generally decreases over time for titles on a cycle like Halo and CoD.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody wanna play MCC?

I'm down to play literally any competitive playlist.

I also wanna try to find some good slayer, sniper, and CTF games in the new match composer.

Add me if you wanna play MCC (or Halo 5)!

GT = Dr Good Status

I'm on right now, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then.... and ONLY then... will your post have some semblance of relevance in this conversation.

Sure. Here's what I can find. They're not the "exact same" charts, but they do tell you that Halo's population has declined severely. Particularly in the last image. Let me know if you find a H3 chart by itself, I can't seem to. Maybe on bnet somewhere.

Good luck trying to find charts for games without population counters or released data.

https://i.imgur.com/nHkrbxN.png

https://i.imgur.com/a/1HfpWks

https://i.imgur.com/Zc87Z0f.png

It's almost as if Halo isn't as popular! Wow. Who would've thought?

Also, in terms of pop counters: H3 is last 24 hours, Reach and 4 is/were concurrent players, pretty sure. Though for years the counters have either been disabled or just fucky, I don't know. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sure. Here's what I can find. They're not the "exact same" charts, but they do tell you that Halo's population has declined severely. Particularly in the last image. Let me know if you find a H3 chart by itself, I can't seem to. Maybe on bnet somewhere.

Good luck trying to find charts for games without population counters or released data.

https://i.imgur.com/nHkrbxN.png

https://i.imgur.com/a/1HfpWks

https://i.imgur.com/Zc87Z0f.png

It's almost as if Halo isn't as popular! Wow. Who would've thought?

Also, in terms of pop counters: H3 is last 24 hours, Reach and 4 is/were concurrent players, pretty sure. Though for years the counters have either been disabled or just fucky, I don't know.

saved that last picture. nelson deleted all the weekly xbl charts so it's good to have some data points.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also did we forget about the AGL tournaments?  Great teams played great games for quite a while at the national level.

Just because the floor fell out from underneath AGL doesn't mean that Halo 4 doesn't still have significant potential to be a successful eSport with a faithful, sizable following.

Halo 4 never really got the chance it deserved.  It was a weird transition time for Halo and it seems as though nobody really wanted to take what they saw as a risk to run big tournaments.

Fucking bring the baller status and let's fucking put Halo back on the map as the best [series] of videogames ever created!

H4 was a trash game and has basically no competitive merit whatsoever.  If you're looking to grind, or play Halo seriously, there are already three classic games that do an infinitely better job of it than the 4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 was pretty much the worst thing to ever come out of this franchise man. The best thing to do is to move on and let people forget about it. We don't want to go back to the dark days of that game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 and Halo 5 are the two worst games I've ever played. Default Reach is up there too. Many years of gimmicky, game breaking mechanics. Why do they torture us with it? Only way I'm buying Infinite is if it's original formula.

• Upvote (+1) 5