CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

H2 still has the button combos over h3. BXR and BXB made close range combat an actual thing that was enjoyable. RRX was also a huge one.

Yea but power weapons are beyond fucked in that game. Sword is just ridiculous and snipe is way too easy. I would play it over H3 tho because no spread. Consistency is always key in a competitive game.

Didn't they play h3 tournaments using xbl? Was that real or am I making that up?

Didn't they play h3 tournaments using xbl? Was that real or am I making that up?

There were FFAs. I don't think MLG themselves ran 4v4s online, but I could be wrong.

Life hack: If you deselect slayer in match composer you 1) never get AR start nonsense and 2) get more interesting games because slayer is boring as shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Stop crying and lead your shots. It's you that sucks, not the game and not the BR.

Man, I wanna know what you're like in an actual social setting. You're probably psychology's posterboy.

i dont competitively. H2 br has fall off damage which is what makes it useless. Thats a way better mechanic than random spread.

Disagree. It's another form of shit to not be able to fight at any reasonable distance because of a damage falloff mechanic you can't actually judge for. At best, you'd basically be guessing the distance at which your gun will stop working as effectively, even if your aim is gucci, and to me, that's almost, but obviously not as dumb as spread. It's a needless mechanic over just giving people the ability to fight at any distance viably, which is much more rewarding to the player in the end.

BO4 and the Titan in relation to every other weapon emphasizes why this mechanic sucks ass.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a needless mechanic over just giving people the ability to fight at any distance viably, which is much more rewarding to the player in the end.

Precisely why the H1 pistol is still the best weapon in the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd love to try h3 with carbine starts. I'm not sure what the kill time is but it's spread wasn't as bad as the BRs

H3 carbine is even worse. Don’t believe me load up a guardian custom game grab the s2 carbine and watch as your shots dance around inside of the reticle like a mtv music video.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any of you remember Halo Online?

The Battle Rifle in that game turned into a hitscan weapon, and the spread was reduced. (I know the peeps who made the mod said spread wasn't changed, but that turned out to be a lie.) And people absolutely were hitting their shots much more frequently. Almost too well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was waiting for this. The usual "git gud lul xD i'm so pro" response. 

The H3 BR is actually DESIGNED to be neutered at range. And bungie ADMITS it. H3 kids are obnoxious. 

It's the usual response because it's true. Those who constantly cry about the H3 BR are usually the ones constantly getting out-BRed. It's a BR, not a sniper. Not meant to shoot people from 200 yards out.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Pretty sure the carbine has similar spread and a longer kill time.

i think in mlg it might be faster iirc. Also the carbine has spread and bloom. Also ima go with worse. I didnt test it but from experience i think the final shot might be more innaccuare than the last bullet of a br burst or close to it

It's the usual response because it's true. Those who constantly cry about the H3 BR are usually the ones constantly getting out-BRed. It's a BR, not a sniper. Not meant to shoot people from 200 yards out.

Just cause the majority thinks something doesn't make it true. Like the sun revolving around the Earth. 

I know Beast doesn't get out br'd constantly, and I know I don't, so fuck spread it isn't skillfull. 

Also why are you putting real world logic into a game that has a main character that, in cannon, smacked a missile out of the air? It's a sci-fi video game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

so the literal decade of evidence showing how the random spread negatively impacted gun fights doesn't exist huh? Also it's funny you mention the sniper. Seeing how overpowered it becomes when you literally can't kill someone that has it outside 20 feet. Lmao. If you can hit the tiny player model of a guy at range with no aim assist you deserve full damage. Point blank period.

Man, I wanna know what you're like in an actual social setting. You're probably psychology's posterboy.

Disagree. It's another form of shit to not be able to fight at any reasonable distance because of a damage falloff mechanic you can't actually judge for. At best, you'd basically be guessing the distance at which your gun will stop working as effectively, even if your aim is gucci, and to me, that's almost, but obviously not as dumb as spread. It's a needless mechanic over just giving people the ability to fight at any distance viably, which is much more rewarding to the player in the end.

BO4 and the Titan in relation to every other weapon emphasizes why this mechanic sucks ass.

I don't understand why people like you even play Halo. Like, we get it, you're against games with a skill gap, which explains why you love Halo 4, Halo 5, and H2A. You love gimmicky bullshit mechanics with easy ass weapons full of auto aim and bullet magnetism. You're the typical, entitled, everybody-is-a-winner liberal millennial. Why not just play a game that is right up your alley like Destiny 2 or Fortnite? 

• Downvote (-1) 6

I don't understand why people like you even play Halo. Like, we get it, you're against games with a skill gap, which explains why you love Halo 4, Halo 5, and H2A. You love gimmicky bullshit mechanics with easy ass weapons full of auto aim and bullet magnetism. You're the typical, entitled, everybody-is-a-winner liberal millennial. Why not just play a game that is right up your alley like Destiny 2 or Fortnite? 

Don't you play Reach BTB like there's no tomorrow, and love Halo 3? Man all the pesky gimmicky bullshit mechanics that aren't in Halo CE. Sounds like you need to play CE brother. 

Or are you a everybody-is-a-winner crybaby?

• Upvote (+1) 1

so the literal decade of evidence showing how the random spread negatively impacted gun fights doesn't exist huh? Also it's funny you mention the sniper. Seeing how overpowered it becomes when you literally can't kill someone that has it outside 20 feet. Lmao. If you can hit the tiny player model of a guy at range with no aim assist you deserve full damage. Point blank period.

Scrubs crying about the H3 BR for 10 years has zero impact on my performance with the weapon. I absolutely love the H3 BR and have had great success with the weapon. Honestly, my favorite weapon in video game history. That's the perk of having a sniper, to kill people at long range. Otherwise, what is the point? If I see someone with a sniper who is long range, and all I have is a BR, guess what? I'm not going to engage him....that simple. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think in this forum of all places, you should take people’s arguments in good faith and actually look at the points they’re presenting. Pretty sure we all know how to shoot here. The “mad cuz bad” argument is weak, especially here.

Now, if someone wants to get froggy about SMG/AR starts, then we all have a green light to assume they suck shit at Halo. But nothing they’ve said is outright wrong, other than the spread being totally uncontrollable at all ranges.

Spread doesn’t affect most fights in the BR’s intended range. It’s only a serious factor outside of its intended range. At that point, and I’ve said this before, getting upset about not getting your minimum TTK is like getting mad that you can’t AR someone across green hall. Just know your weapon.

It should go without saying I don’t like spread. It’s not a good way to balance range for a precision weapon. It’s just a bad idea at its core. But keep it in perspective. You can almost always mitigate it by aiming lower and leading correctly. Sprint...ugh...I don’t even have the energy anymore. Just read an old thread or watch a Fayvn video. All I’ll say is I don’t want to have to choose between moving and shooting when I play Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4