CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just some quick facts:

Ice Princess sucks at Halo 3

Halo 4/5 are the worst Halo games by far and 2 of the worst, gimmicky, broken mechanically games in video game history.

The Halo 3 BR is the greatest BR in history.

H2A is garbage.

Halo 3 is the most popular Halo game, by far, and will go down as one of the greatest video games in history, at least top 10.

Stop crying and lead your shots. It's you that sucks, not the game and not the BR. 

I was waiting for this. The usual "git gud lul xD i'm so pro" response. 

The H3 BR is actually DESIGNED to be neutered at range. And bungie ADMITS it. H3 kids are obnoxious. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just some quick facts:

People love the Halo 3 BR because they continually think they are polishing their shot leading skills when in reality they are at the mercy of a random number generator.

Halo 3s popularity does not change the fact that at its core, it is a watered down Halo 2 with less individual skill.

The majority of the people who love halo 3 were in their early to mid teens when it came out and mistake the overall good time period of gaming for competitive merit in their favorite video game.

The reason why there were no teams that dominated h3 overall like there were in h2 or h1 is because of the aforementioned randomness of the game, not because “da skillz pool gots larger!!1!!1!1”

Halo 3 is competitive in the exact same sense that arm wrestling is competitive.

Halo 3 has done more to fracture the fanbase than reach and h4 combined.

This has been hootspa with your daily dose of uncomfortable truth. Signing out!

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm aware of the difference in damge settings.

That's why I asked to begin with.

The H3 BR is the finest BR in Halo.

Tremendous, believe me. People are talking, and I've said a lot of things, everyone agrees.

All other BRs? Absolutely disgraceful and low IQ. They should be ashamed of themselves. SAD!!!

This random spread thing? TOTAL WITCH HUNT!!!!

If other BRs were more like H3's, maybe they would have higher ratings?

Goddamn that was good hahaha

no

I wrote out a big response to this which is now gone. In return, I will simply reply yuh-huh. Pwnd

Goddamn that was good hahaha

I wrote out a big response to this which is now gone. In return, I will simply reply yuh-huh. Pwnd

I have a feeling you have a different definition of fracture. And if my suspicion is correct it's one that you ought to apply to halo 2 as well.

Poor old CE sits alone...

To be fair, only Brad in his infinite wisdom will argue h3 is the best mp in the series.

Spread is certainly pernicious in it's own right.

The idea that your chances of missing the further away from the target you is not only an inherently random element but one that exists for everyone since everyone has the same gun.

So the idea that Sprint has a constant effect on the game isn't so disimilar from spreads effect. The distinction between them is simply the degree to which this effect exists.

With good aim and reticle placement spread can be slightly controlled in some way. Its effect also varies based on factors like distance and even game settings, though minute (11 shots to kill vs 12). But sprint affects every scenario regardless of factors because it has to be designed around its inclusion.

Wtf I wrote out a long ass reply and then go to post it and get redirected to a cloud flare captcha and then my post is gone. Second time this has happened to me

With good aim and reticle placement spread can be slightly controlled in some way. Its effect also varies based on factors like distance and even game settings, though minute (11 shots to kill vs 12). But sprint affects every scenario regardless of factors because it has to be designed around its inclusion.

Yes but one is LITERALLY random. Like how can you want random gun fights over just a mechanic you don't like. One is out of your control at all times. One is a mechanic everyone has and can be utilized equally between everyone.

Yes but one is LITERALLY random. Like how can you want random gun fights over just a mechanic you don't like. One is out of your control at all times. One is a mechanic everyone has and can be utilized equally between everyone.

Because that "mechanic I don't like" has such a drastic impact on the game that it is no longer the same game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because that "mechanic I don't like" has such a drastic impact on the game that it is no longer the same game.

And spread doesn't? If you take out spread H3 will feel completely different. And that's such a firm stance against a single mechanic it doesn't make sense. People are SO against sprint because of the negatives but somehow a random gun in a competitive game isn't that bad crazy.

Wtf I wrote out a long ass reply and then go to post it and get redirected to a cloud flare captcha and then my post is gone. Second time this has happened to me

God doesn't want you to disagree with me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

And spread doesn't? If you take out spread H3 will feel completely different. And that's such a firm stance against a single mechanic it doesn't make sense. People are SO against sprint because of the negatives but somehow a random gun in a competitive game isn't that bad crazy.

I never said I was for spread, defending spread, etc. But at the end of the day I would take H3 spread over sprint. Spread can be minimized. Sprint can't. 

And even if you make the BR in H3 shoot straight, it'd still be a worse game than H2.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The H3 BR is the finest BR in Halo.

Tremendous, believe me. People are talking, and I've said a lot of things, everyone agrees.

All other BRs? Absolutely disgraceful and low IQ. They should be ashamed of themselves. SAD!!!

This random spread thing? TOTAL WITCH HUNT!!!!

If other BRs were more like H3's, maybe they would have higher ratings?

Big league post right here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

think of it this way.

Your spread is causing you to miss? Get closer. Makes the game slower, and it's not ideal but you can plan around the problem.

Sprint messing with the map design, pacing, movement and flow? Eeeeeehhhh wat I do?

For what it's worth I can see why you'd want Sprint over spread. Spread is frustrating in the "here and now" sort of way. The closest thing to that with sprint is when a guy runs away.

I never said I was for spread, defending spread, etc. But at the end of the day I would take H3 spread over sprint. Spread can be minimized. Sprint can't.

And even if you make the BR in H3 shoot straight, it'd still be a worse game than H2.

You really can't minimize spread. It's always there and even up close it affects you. And I disagree with that statement. I prefer the lowwr aim assist and power weapons that aren't piss easy over H2. If the BR shot straight I would put it over H2.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You really can't minimize spread. It's always there and even up close it affects you. And I disagree with that statement. I prefer the lowwr aim assist and power weapons that aren't piss easy over H2. If the BR shot straight I would put it over H2.

H2 still has the button combos over h3. BXR and BXB made close range combat an actual thing that was enjoyable. RRX was also a huge one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

think of it this way.

Your spread is causing you to miss? Get closer. Makes the game slower, and it's not ideal but you can plan around the problem.

Sprint messing with the map design, pacing, movement and flow? Eeeeeehhhh wat I do?

For what it's worth I can see why you'd want Sprint over spread. Spread is frustrating in the "here and now" sort of way. The closest thing to that with sprint is when a guy runs away.

The problem is spread at it's very core is introducing randomness. Every time you fire your gun there's a chance you just miss. For no reason. It's basically like getting a blank shot. Which everyone agrees is not good for a game. Spread is basically like saying "hey I want to get blanks every so often." Like I get people hate sprint. But it's not fucking random. It's not going to cause you to lose fights randomly.
  • Upvote (+1) 1