CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

They literally do. There's little thought in driving down what may as well be a predetermined course to escape. And the things you're emphasizing have nothing to do with the amount of thought you put into the process. I remember doing LASO and when I hit the Warthog run, knew it was a homefree state because there is no danger, and no actual thought you need to put into it, lol. I actually need to try harder to fail than I do to win.

I can play Halo 4's ending with my eyes closed, I can't play Halo 3's with my eyes closed.

Because, you know, I have to drive...?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd say there's a lot more OG players that preference the earlier halos, but you're not the only one who likes h3. 

I actually enjoy all the halos (yes thats right, even halo 4), and have played all of them at a fairly high competitive level in matchmaking. I find each have their enjoyable & irritable nuances (some games more than others in their own ways)

Sorry pal, step aside. You're going straight to the re-education center. 

Maybe some more emphasis on my last sentence will help haha

From a social standpoint, the game was fun as for pub stomping. Load me solo into a H4 social game any day solo dolo and you can guarantee 30+ kills every game - whereas the older halos it won't be as high of a score. Its easy to abuse all the unbalanced mechanics to turn it into a good casual game, but not a good 'halo' game. 

Don't get me wrong though, on a competitive level the 3 previous halo's are WAY better. No descope can fuck right off though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can play Halo 4's ending with my eyes closed, I can't play Halo 3's with my eyes closed.

Because, you know, I have to drive...?

Good thing I said little, not none, lol. 

From a social standpoint, the game was fun as for pub stomping. Load me solo into a H4 social game any day solo dolo and you can guarantee 30+ kills every game - whereas the older halos it won't be as high of a score. Its easy to abuse all the unbalanced mechanics to turn it into a good casual game, but not a good 'halo' game. 

Don't get me wrong though, on a competitive level the 3 previous halo's are WAY better. No descope can fuck right off though.

Lowkey, how. If you can pubstomp in Halo 4, you should be pubstomping against the (Hypothetical) same audience just as well, if not harder than Halo 4. Not saying the latter's harder, but it certainly has casual mechanics that will actually stunt your train running abilities, whereas the former have a much easier time with the power weapons present, like Halo 2's sniper rifle, or any set of rockets. The only thing I can see being harder to gain kills with and slowing that train down is Halo 3's BR, because it actually sucks ass. Buuuuut it isn't a good thing, lol. So I inherently disagree with the idea that somehow pubstomping in one Halo nets more kills than another when it's more casual by design, and as such, has some cheesy shit to it not seen in other Halos.

And nah, competitively Halo's always been some fucky shit, but there is no way in actual hell you could tell me Halo 3 was better than Halo 4's best. Again, not a high bar at all, but Halo 4 at least has a gun that shoots straight, lol. Multiple guns that shoot straight. I would take sprint over the inability to challenge someone in a straight fight. Of course, this kinda boils down to where you swing, but whew. Halo 3 is competitive garbage. Halo 4 may have been, but it at least functions, lol.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Lowkey, how. If you can pubstomp in Halo 4 -snip-

Ordnance, nuff said.

Every ~5 kills you get a free power weapon / power up, and that includes the ones that spawn on the map, as well as the ones that your enemies drop after you whomp the entire team with a single clip of the SAW (its not considered a tier1 power weapon so its WAY more common in ordnance drops). Rinse and repeat, kills come way quicker.

Oh and also, I CaN rEaCH tHe EnEmieS QuIcKer wItH SprInT

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 was easy to pubstomp in because:

-Most good Halo players refused to play it

-Once you learn your preferred loadout, you can abuse the shit out of it, regardless of what you choose

-Bad players' 'Hold Forward' playstyle was insanely easy to punish with a Boltshot secondary
-Your gun shot straight and registered well

-The radar range is fucking enormous

-There was no ranking system for a looooong time

-Very little incentive to win, which means statting in obj

-Ordinance

-The game felt smooth as butter to move/aim in

-Sprint/shield recharge made it easy to escape

-No descope made it easy to challenge

Now remember what pubstomping is. It's assumed you're playing people that are worse than you. Obviously a lot of these things, once exploited, make it harder to kill people. But a 'pubstomping' scenario assumes you're exploiting them and your opponents are not. Or at least that's the way I interpret it. It was certainly my experience. The vast majority of my playtime in H4 was me utterly destroying people that were far, far worse at Halo than I was. That's not me bragging, thats just me pointing out that the skill matching was basically non-existent.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If pubstomping is defined as beating people worse than you wouldn't it be easier to pubstomp in older halos? If the skill gap in H4 is lower then bad players have a better chance of getting kills. In games with a huge skill gap it's much easier to stomp people that are worse than you simply because the game doesn't allow bad kids easy or free kills.

Ordnance, nuff said.

Every ~5 kills you get a free power weapon / power up, and that includes the ones that spawn on the map, as well as the ones that your enemies drop after you whomp the entire team with a single clip of the SAW (its not considered a tier1 power weapon so its WAY more common in ordnance drops). Rinse and repeat, kills come way quicker.

Oh and also, I CaN rEaCH tHe EnEmieS QuIcKer wItH SprInT

All the things you listed there are things casual idiots can get too. They can get a SAW, they can get OS, or speed boost, and they can run trains on you regardless of skill to get the weapons on the map. Or they can get a SAW while you get two nades, a Needler, and a speed boost. Like, yeah, you can get them faster, potentially, but that doesn't stop the fact other kids do too, and they can still stunt your pubstomp spree harder than one could in say, H2/H2A Warlock, where there are none of these factors, so it literally boils down to mostly BR gunfights and the fact kids are bad to get you a good statline. Cheese shit can maybe make it easy for you to get kills, yeah, but it'll make it just as easy for randoms to, compared to simple games without this shit in it. H2/H2A is an easier and faster game to pubstomp in by far. Or Halo 5's current version of Truth. They come way quicker there when you understand the game, more so than Halo 4.

If pubstomping is defined as beating people worse than you wouldn't it be easier to pubstomp in older halos? If the skill gap in H4 is lower then bad players have a better chance of getting kills. In games with a huge skill gap it's much easier to stomp people that are worse than you simply because the game doesn't allow bad kids easy or free kills.

Yeah basically. A high skill gap allows for pubstomping across more skill levels.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And nah, competitively Halo's always been some fucky shit, but there is no way in actual hell you could tell me Halo 3 was better than Halo 4's best. Again, not a high bar at all, but Halo 4 at least has a gun that shoots straight, lol. Multiple guns that shoot straight. I would take sprint over the inability to challenge someone in a straight fight. Of course, this kinda boils down to where you swing, but whew. Halo 3 is competitive garbage. Halo 4 may have been, but it at least functions, lol.

Way to blow random spread completely out of proportion.  

Basically my thoughts. Halo 4 was shit because skill would not reliably ensure you won games. That was our whole issue with sprinting, ordnance, loadouts, perks and AAs. The game was random. I'm not sure what's even being argued right now lol.

Even if you're correct you still can't discount it's effect on the game.

There's skill gap and then there's snowballing. H4 has a pathetic skill gap, but if you're the first one to get a few kills and start calling in ordnance you can get a chain of infinite power weapons going. It's very similar to getting top control on Derelict or H5 when one team would secure all rifles and power weapons.

Also I'm LOLing hard at Ice Princess' statement that driving a Warthog for 10 minutes is the same thing as spamming two buttons in a QTE. Jesus Christ, I get it you don't like vehicles but at some point the argument becomes so ridiculous that it's not doing you any favors. "And H4 > H3 cuz SpReAD" is roughly on the same levels of absurdity.

• Upvote (+1) 8

There's skill gap and then there's snowballing. H4 has a pathetic skill gap, but if you're the first one to get a few kills and start calling in ordnance you can get a chain of infinite power weapons going. It's very similar to getting top control on Derelict or H5 when one team would secure all rifles and power weapons.

Also I'm LOLing hard at Ice Princess' statement that driving a Warthog for 10 minutes is the same thing as spamming two buttons in a QTE. Jesus Christ, I get it you don't like vehicles but at some point the argument becomes so ridiculous that it's not doing you any favors. "And H4 > H3 cuz SpReAD" is roughly on the same levels of absurdity.

tbf, she didn't say they were the exact same. Just that neither are that complex.

Even if you're correct you still can't discount it's effect on the game.

I'm not defending random spread. It's really annoying. But its presence in H3 doesn't make gunfights impossible, and saying "I'd take sprint over random spread" is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in quite some time. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am never going to get to play Halo CE or Halo 2 on a stable connection ever again because 343 fucked up MCC so bad no one in ANZ wants to touch it again, so its impossible to find a game with other ANZ players on an ANZ server.

is it still too late to refund?

I'm not defending random spread. It's really annoying. But its presence in H3 doesn't make gunfights impossible, and saying "I'd take sprint over random spread" is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in quite some time.

From what I hear it damn near comes close to doing so in MCC. I've read quite a number of times that the spread on the 360 version is somewhat tighter. Never actually gone out to test that.

Off topic but I was just reminded of this:

I did do some tests with the magnum from that reach anniversary playlist. They kept the bloom reticle effect but your spread doesn't actually get worse the more it blooms out. Only if you hold down the trigger. Always struck me as odd.

It's comical how overpowered the H4 Saw is. As long as you aim reasonably well, tap the trigger instead of holding it down, and don't run into another player with a Saw, it's basically gives you 12 kills for free.

From what I hear it damn near comes close to doing so in MCC. I've read quite a number of times that the spread on the 360 version is somewhat tighter. Never actually gone out to test that.

I mean MCC H3 has a shit ton of issues. I'm saying all of this in regards to original H3.

I would really like to not play Snowbound 3926 times.

kthx.

what about boundless?

tbf, she didn't say they were the exact same. Just that neither are that complex.

Bingo. See, it's really easy to make arguments seem stupid when you don't represent them properly. But, I guess that is the thing to do when someone says something you disagree with, lol.

Literally, no. Any time my precision weapon won't work as I want it to, AKA, shoot straight, is a time where I can and should bitch. It doesn't need to affect every gunfight to make an impact, or be a big fucking issue given the game is an FPS. So, yeah, I would rather take Halo 4, where I can use a consistent Carbine, or DMR, but I in turn may have people just run from gunfights, which will happen anyway against good players, even in older Halos where strongsiding is a thing and the game's pace is (compared to its competitors) slow as dicks.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, or justifying it, but I would rather shoot straight 100% of the time and just have people run from me when I do, than have people fighting each other with guns that lack the consistent ability to lay the hate down with simple movement. And as per a later comment, how is it somehow super ridiculous to want a game where your gun simply works with sprint as a trade off? Like, oh, man, I want my gun in an FPS to work properly, as it should, and in turn I have to deal with a gimmick. Pretty good deal to me, given my skill actually matters in gunfights in some capacity, and I'm not spending my time minimizing a coin toss scenario at any extended range. Or dying because my gun just happened to not work for that one fight. I'll instead be having to deal with faster, inconsistent movement, which is something you can actually adapt to in some way.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So how do I access the HCS Settings fileshare after I added it?

You don't need to add it. Open the Roster, hit A on your name and choose Find Player. Search "Official HCS" and you're golden. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

.I'm not saying it's a good thing, or justifying it, but I would rather shoot straight 100% of the time and just have people run from me when I do, than have people fighting each other with guns that lack the consistent ability to lay the hate down with simple movement. And as per a later comment, how is it somehow super ridiculous to want a game where your gun simply works with sprint as a trade off? Like, oh, man, I want my gun in an FPS to work properly, as it should, and in turn I have to deal with a gimmick. 

Because adding sprint to Halo completely changes how the game is played and designed. Random spread is a nuisance. Sprint is a gimmick that makes the game no longer Halo. (we figured this out eight years ago)

Apples and oranges.