CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm scratching my head at the controller settings. I've always played on a 4 sensitivity, but now I hace no idea what's happened. Tell me if I'm headcasing:

Halo 3's aim feels very loose to me. That's the only way I can describe it. When moving the right stick diagonally if feels like the sensitivity jumps up to a 10 at the slightest motion.

Am I crazy? I don't remember halo 3 on 360 or even MCC back in 2014 aiming like that.

I'm scratching my head at the controller settings. I've always played on a 4 sensitivity, but now I hace no idea what's happened. Tell me if I'm headcasing:

Halo 3's aim feels very loose to me. That's the only way I can describe it. When moving the right stick diagonally if feels like the sensitivity jumps up to a 10 at the slightest motion.

Am I crazy? I don't remember halo 3 on 360 or even MCC back in 2014 aiming like that.

I had to lower my sens (4 to 3.5) after the latest update on H3 MCC. 4 before update and 4 after update felt different, but I hadn't played in weeks, so I don't know. I don't really think changing aim accel in the menus helps that much either.

I have it set to 15 percent.

What was your issue with the aiming before? Just posted that mine feels very loose. Also, on 0 percent deadzone on MCC my stick drifts, but it doesn't do that with 0 percent deadzone in Halo 5.

I'm scratching my head at all the aiming differences.

What was your issue with the aiming before? Just posted that mine feels very loose. Also, on 0 percent deadzone on MCC my stick drifts, but it doesn't do that with 0 percent deadzone in Halo 5.

I'm scratching my head at all the aiming differences.

It was really loose, I couldn't get the precision I wanted.

Is that the campaign that ended in a 15 minute quick time event?

Totes masterpiece.

15 minute QTE? Thats a bit generous. Is was two buttons. RT and Holding forward on the left stick, and it took like a minute. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok is this forum just a love h1&2 and hate h3? Like it seems that’s the case. Man I’m the only one here who seemed to of liked that game it feels like.

In terms of just multiplayer its good but does not benefit from things like spread, smaller fov or the more sluggish movement. Stuff like equipment is also problematic when included in competitive play and the bad netcode ruined the benefit of projectiles. I enjoy leading and the general difficulty in aiming the game contains, however the reasons to hate the mechanics that have to do with this are not unfounded.

I love the multiplayer but I do so knowing that it comes from a subjectivity. Not objectivity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

15 minute QTE? Thats a bit generous. Is was two buttons. RT and Holding forward on the left stick, and it took like a minute. 

The same two buttons you press to complete Halo 3's finale. Not saying driving is on the same level as a QTE in terms of inherent quality, but it required about the same amount of thought, lol.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The same two buttons you press to complete Halo 3's finale. Not saying driving is on the same level as a QTE in terms of inherent quality, but it required about the same amount of thought, lol.

Are you counting the button to get into the warthog and the forward motion of the stick as another?

Are you counting the button to get into the warthog and the forward motion of the stick as another?

I was actually counting LT to drift, lmao. Assuming you even do. You could just count entering the vehicle X/B and pushing forward on the stick. 

I was actually counting LT to drift, lmao. Assuming you even do. You could just count entering the vehicle X/B and pushing forward on the stick.

or do we count any directional shift with the stick to be a new "button press?"

Big thonk right there.

or do we count any directional shift with the stick to be a new "button press?"

Big thonk right there.

No, it's the same stick just being moved. Much like I wouldn't count holding the trigger down to charge a plasma pistol, and spamming it to rapid fire as two distinct functions. You're still shooting the weapon like you are driving the 'Hog.

I count every full rotation of each wheel individually as a single button press. So really theres like a billion button pressed in that section.

So you're wrong and should just ban yourself now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

TIL driving the warthog through exploding half built Halo ring and automatically crawling forwards to kill worlds least interesting bad guy with QTE take "the same amount of thought".

They literally do. There's little thought in driving down what may as well be a predetermined course to escape. And the things you're emphasizing have nothing to do with the amount of thought you put into the process. I remember doing LASO and when I hit the Warthog run, knew it was a homefree state because there is no danger, and no actual thought you need to put into it, lol. I actually need to try harder to fail than I do to win.

All I know is that the warthog run is way more epic and fun to play.

Also it's not like watching the didact fall into that portal led to anything interesting...

• Upvote (+1) 3

All I know is that the warthog run is way more epic and fun to play.

Also it's not like watching the didact fall into that portal led to anything interesting...

I mean, big booms are fun. Personally, I like Halo 4's ending more, only because of the ending where John looks up to Earth one more time. Gameplay's mindless to me on either side, but him looking up for what might be the last time holds a lot of weight. 

Ending Halo games in a Warthog run should just be standard practice at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I mean, big booms are fun. Personally, I like Halo 4's ending more, only because of the ending where John looks up to Earth one more time. Gameplay's mindless to me on either side, but him looking up for what might be the last time holds a lot of weight.

I liked that moment. It's the only part of it that I did though. I was on board for the whole warthog run. No it's not a complex section but you are doing something for longer than 3 seconds. I just find driving in that environment to be more enjoyable.

Ending Halo games in a Warthog run should just be standard practice at this point.

then it loses its luster and becomes a box to lazily check off.

I liked that moment. It's the only part of it that I did though. I was on board for the whole warthog run. No it's not a complex section but you are doing something for longer than 3 seconds. Maybe I just like the act of driving.

I only get on board for the run once the 70% theme plays. And even then it's just for the music. The actual run is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo meh.

I only get on board for the run once the 70% theme plays. And even then it's just for the music. The actual run is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo meh.

well you can't even drive in real life soooooooooo