CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

i'm pretty sure ive been host most of my games but i don't know how to test it on heretic and that's all im getting. it feels better than LAN

Haven’t been on the forums in about 2 years, but wanted to hop on because of the most recent MCC update today. How y’all feel about the new sensitivity settings? I feel like it’s gonna take a long ass time to find the right one, and that it will be like Halo 5 sens issues all over again..

So we are now having 4v4 H3 tournaments but they are removing H3 Hardcore as a playlist option :( I wasn't even having a hard time finding game in H3 Hardcore most of the time and I imagine that with H5 competitive retired (unless a grassroots organizers wants to keep supporting it) there could be a bump in Hardcore popularity.

Happy to at least have 1v1 options, even if they're not the competitive settings or on a ranked ladder.

Hope the Match Composer doesn't come too late, it really does clean up the problem of too many playlists. Now we just need a custom browser so it's easy to find Octagons.

EDIT: Nevermind, things should be fixed on the Hardcore front on Wednesday according to a tweet from Postums (work computer won't let me put in the link).

Halo 4's campaign was a masterpiece.

Is that the campaign that ended in a 15 minute quick time event?

Totes masterpiece.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Is that the campaign that ended in a 15 minute quick time event?

Totes masterpiece.

Yeah as much as I enjoyed the story for H4, I definitely wouldn't consider it a masterpiece. Most of the gameplay was pretty dull in comparison to previous games.

HCE though, that game is my standard to compare to. A true masterpiece.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we are now having 4v4 H3 tournaments but they are removing H3 Hardcore as a playlist option :( I wasn't even having a hard time finding game in H3 Hardcore most of the time and I imagine that with H5 competitive retired (unless a grassroots organizers wants to keep supporting it) there could be a bump in Hardcore popularity.

Happy to at least have 1v1 options, even if they're not the competitive settings or on a ranked ladder.

Hope the Match Composer doesn't come too late, it really does clean up the problem of too many playlists. Now we just need a custom browser so it's easy to find Octagons.

EDIT: Nevermind, things should be fixed on the Hardcore front on Wednesday according to a tweet from Postums (work computer won't let me put in the link).

I wasn't able to find a match in H3 Hardcore 4v4 for the last two weeks after hitting rank 30. I would leave the search for at least 20 minutes at times with nothing, so I get why they removed it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that couldn't get anything at (relatively) higher ranks. Or maybe I'm stuck in the middle, didn't play enough at first to hit 40+ and match with the highest ranks but too high to match low ranks...

Either way I'm glad to hear it's coming back but I hope they do something to help the matchmaking, even if they have to really open up the range of players that can match together. I'd still rather play unbalanced games than no games.

I wasn't able to find a match in H3 Hardcore 4v4 for the last two weeks after hitting rank 30. I would leave the search for at least 20 minutes at times with nothing, so I get why they removed it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that couldn't get anything at (relatively) higher ranks. Or maybe I'm stuck in the middle, didn't play enough at first to hit 40+ and match with the highest ranks but too high to match low ranks..

I'm rank 10 so I guess I might have a better pool to draw from since I can hit anyone 10 or below who hasn't played much or anyone up to 20 who has played quite a few games but not enough to rank up even higher.

Played two H1 4v4s. Timer disappears when you're dead. Second game was really laggy.

The timer disappearing is really annoying. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 4's campaign was a masterpiece. The Flood mode was a fun twist on Infection. Domination was interesting.

That's all I got.

Flood models were cool. Infection in Infinite would be awesome to have Flood models. Dominion was awesome, and I'd love to see the base mechanics from that implemented in Warzone. Ricochet and Extraction were unique gametypes that would be awesome in a classic setting.

Halo 4's Campaign was not a masterpiece. A Masterpiece would have a good story and excellent gameplay. Halo 4's story is average at best and atrocious at worst, and the levels are definitely the least interesting and least enjoyable missions in the entire series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1v1 is a really fucking weird playlist choice for the Social Match Composer.... Oh well, better there then nowhere.

Any of the CE guys feel like Rockets are too strong in 1v1 games and should be removed from the map weapon layouts?

edit: Oh and this would be fucking fantastic. 343 Please.

ZNhIH2z.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dominion was awesome, and I'd love to see the base mechanics from that implemented in Warzone.

Hold up, you want shield doors on WZ bases? I liked the resupply stuff and AI turrets, but the shield doors ruined the gameplay around the bases hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1v1 is a really fucking weird playlist choice for the Social Match Composer.... Oh well, better there then nowhere.

Any of the CE guys feel like Rockets are too strong in 1v1 games and should be removed from the map weapon layouts?

edit: Oh and this would be fucking fantastic. 343 Please.

ZNhIH2z.jpg

theres no easy way to remove rockets. Good ce players will win without them and i think most players at that level are capable of recognizing ur not using rockets.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I’m loving the new aim options. 3.5 sens is perfect

i know you commented that youre starting to like ce more because of the powerup rotation. The same could be done for h3, but the h3 community is hung up on that the br takes all the skill. Heck ice princess and beast on these forums want all powerups and weps removed for example. (Dont bring that argument back please). It was done with reach with gold pro. Theres vods by vetoed and vapoureon and another clutch on twitch/yt. It played really aggressively most of the time. Again tho, the people who are attracted to h3 generally dont like this type of gameplay where you have to flank and outsmart opponents rather than just outshooting them with the occasional flank.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Interesting patch.  I played a game of bc and the game felt more fluid and better than any CE match on MCC I've ever experienced.  I was getting excited and then I played a few more games and it didn't feel quite as good.  The last game had 3rd world country residents in it and shot registry was not as good.

So basically this patch still doesn't address the issue of other peoples connections effecting YOUR gameplay.  This is the #1 issue that needs to be resolved.  Why should someone in the USA with fast connection have a shitty gaming experience because someone in a 3rd world country is allowed to join their game?  Low population?  bs... people in 3rd world countries can play other people in 3rd world countries and share the shitty lag experience with each other.  No need for it to effect us in the USA that have been playing the game since 2001.  If pop is low in other areas how is that USA's problem?  That sounds like more of a personal problem.  It would be great if it worked properly and we could play on such long distances but it doesn't, so we need to cut our losses.  Time to remove the possibility of connecting to someone far away so that we have more consistent game play.  Why would I be interested experiencing anything other than a game feeling as fluid and good as the first game I played after the patch?

• Downvote (-1) 2

This deadzone controller update has been a godsend. All this time I couldn't work out why my aim felt so inconsistent and random. It was the fucking deadzone! Anyone else had this problem?

Edit: Accidentally betrayed teammate in CE, get kicked, slapped with ONE HOUR ban.

If you quit/get kicked twice within an hour, looks like you receive a full 60 min ban.

This deadzone controller update has been a godsend. All this time I couldn't work out why my aim felt so inconsistent and random. It was the fucking deadzone! Anyone else had this problem?

Edit: Accidentally betrayed teammate in CE, get kicked, slapped with ONE HOUR ban.

If you quit/get kicked twice within an hour, looks like you receive a full 60 min ban.

What dead zone settings are you using now then?

Anyone else had a chance to play with the new sens settings?

Adding the timer to h1 was a really great idea. I’m shocked.

Lowkey wouldn't mind if they added a scoreboard as well if that we possible

• Upvote (+1) 3

- Play some social

- Match composer is awkward as shit to use, but hey it found me a game pretty quickly

- Game starts

- Why is there vibration

- Why are all my controls reset

- Why can't I change them

- Try 15 times

- Stuck with pleb default layout

- QTB

- Fuck this developer, they do not deserve this franchise

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What dead zone settings are you using now then?

Anyone else had a chance to play with the new sens settings?

I have it set to 15 percent.