CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I like Halo 3, as it was my first online multiplayer, but once you understand Halo at a higher, it’s hard not to see the lack of depth that every game after CE has. The saving grace of H3 was the forge and customs, theater, and all the social aspects of file share, Bungie favorites, and double exp weekend. Other than that, the multiplayer was rather shallow compared to its predecessors.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Ok is this forum just a love h1&2 and hate h3? Like it seems that’s the case. Man I’m the only one here who seemed to of liked that game it feels like.

H3 is ok.

But CE and H2 are objectively better, more competitive games.

H3 is really just a slower, watered down H3 (with a few things here and there that are better, such as the sniper).

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well it's actually "LXX". My mistake. But basically when timed properly, it allows you to automatically reload to a full clip after a grenade throw off-host (it's actually one way to tell if you pulled host or not). And if IRC, it even works on LAN as long as you're not on host box. You basically wanna do it after every grenade.

XSV (or Excessive) Shot, from what I can remember is a Double Shot without the use of YY. It's basically the XBX alternate variation of it. Tricky to do.

BXZ is more for flash than anything. Quick reload into a quick zoom in, usually with snipe. Phurion loved to do it all the time. Look up some of his 'tages for some sick clips.

Lord Sk0ls probably has the best vid out there detailing most of the glitches and how to do them:

Okay I've seen many of these used in montages and stuff. Interesting to know for sure.

It's funny to me that people still think button combos are glitch cheating when they have been preserved in H2 MCC and there is a BXR medal in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's funny to me that people still think button combos are a glitch when they have been preserved in H2 MCC and there is a BXR medal in Halo 5.

They weren't intended by the developer.

Therefore, a glitch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny to me that people still think button combos are a glitch when they have been preserved in H2 MCC and there is a BXR medal in Halo 5.

Glitch =/= bad. But it was definitely a glitch. They would never put that in a Halo 2 manual.

The Halo 5 medal was just 343 trying to be quirky lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Using "glitch" as a dirty word just shows unfamiliarity with competitive gaming in general.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ok is this forum just a love h1&2 and hate h3? Like it seems that’s the case. Man I’m the only one here who seemed to of liked that game it feels like.

No? This place jerks off Halo 3 all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 7

All in all H3 is probably still my favorite Halo, but I'm not that blind a fanboy to not see that many mechanics in that game were total ass. It's a shame they didn't tighten the BR spread and up the strafe speed for MCC, would make the game 10x better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They weren't intended by the developer.

Therefore, a glitch.

To quote an unknown software developer: "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

• Upvote (+1) 1

To quote an unknown software developer: "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

"That's not a strategy, that's a tactic!"

I'd say there's a lot more OG players that preference the earlier halos, but you're not the only one who likes h3. 

I actually enjoy all the halos (yes thats right, even halo 4), and have played all of them at a fairly high competitive level in matchmaking. I find each have their enjoyable & irritable nuances (some games more than others in their own ways)

I'd say there's a lot more OG players that preference the earlier halos, but you're not the only one who likes h3. 

I actually enjoy all the halos (yes thats right, even halo 4), and have played all of them at a fairly high competitive level in matchmaking. I find each have their enjoyable & irritable nuances (some games more than others in their own ways)

Sorry pal, step aside. You're going straight to the re-education center. 

I am starting to think that M$ is playing the long game with The MCC (Better late than never? :mj: ). Fixing it slowly but surely. Reach will probably be a thing at some point and it will most likely find itself on PC in a year or two. The community will have the final say in what Halo is (Especially from a competitive standpoint.)

"Corporate Esports" is a proven failure. The community will play a prominent role in the success/failure of competitive Halo in the future. Here's to hoping it works out, and they don't ignore those who have the most experience and expertise in a game that's even around for almost 20 years.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man, no matter how many times I read that, it still makes me depressed. Partly because they’re factually incorrect about h2 being hitscan (all the “hitscan” weapons in h2 function the same way as their description of the spartan laser)... But then on top of this, they go on to detail in length how they understand the role the BR fills in Halo 2, but they expressly chose to modify the mechanics of the BR in H3 to make the weapon not fit this role anymore. They justify this by saying “It is an anti-long range weapon with a focus on mid-range combat that ends up being utilitarian and functional, but not optimal at close range“, which betrays their complete and utter incomprehension about what the word utilitarian means. But not only do they not understand how halo is played, they are just sooooo smug about it. Like, “heh yeah u guys liked the way the h2 br worked. Well u just can’t comprehend that that’s not what WE designed it for. *looks down at thumbsticks to turn around because they’re stuck on a wall* Hahah tough luck kid stay mad.”

Now, I hate to stoop to the level of saying “ur bad”, but that is exactly what we’re seeing here. They have an idealized understanding of halo that does not match with reality, and when people complain about the blatant problems their dogmatic design choices cause, they retort by saying the people who vocalize these complaints just can’t understand their grand vision for how halo ought to play. Their ideology, like many ideologies, is overly simplistic and fails to account for even basic truths about the game. They prove they struggle to understand even the fundamentals of the game, and when criticisms are made which they can’t directly retort, they hide behind “lol well not everyone plays competitively get over it”. Sort of like a comedian who decides to talk about politics, only to say “I’m just a comedian these are just jokes don’t take it so seriously” when the narrative they are pushing is shown to be based off of a faulty premise.

It’s pathetic behavior, and I truly despise the developers of halo. Bungie and 343 are equally horrible. Truly truly horrible. The only reason halo 1 is any good is because Hardy Lebel literally tricked them into releasing a good game. I give them absolutely no credit in any regard and wish them the worst. That being said, I’m excited to see in what new and interesting way they will ruin halo 6.

Sorry for the rant. I felt inspired. Also, Inb4 “why so mad?”. I’m mostly joking about the “wish them the worst” part, but still... You know why I’m mad.

• Upvote (+1) 8

H3 is ok.

But CE and H2 are objectively better, more competitive games.

H3 is really just a slower, watered down H3 (with a few things here and there that are better, such as the sniper).

Accidental -rep sorry

Well, I just got a 4v4 CE Flag game which ended after 30 seconds tied.

Guess I know what I'll be testing when I start searching here in a minute