CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

sometimes stat whoring gets boring.

I hope you’re not implying that’s what I was doing. That game was 2 minutes long and I capped twice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

to be fair I didn’t watch your video.

I don't stat whore. I posted that game because it was so clean. 10-0, 2 caps, 2 minute game (if that). I know those kids weren't good, but no one quit or was afk. Sometimes it's just nice to have such a clean game.

Gotta say H2A is a blast to play and easily the best thing about this collection. Just imagine if they stuck to the initial idea and focused only on H2A without all this other nonsense (or CEA with real multi + H2A bundled) it could have been glorious. Why port Halo 3 and H4 to the Xbone? I will never understand what Ayoob and friends were thinking.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gotta say H2A is a blast to play and easily the best thing about this collection. Just imagine if they stuck to the initial idea and focused only on H2A without all this other nonsense (or CEA with real multi + H2A bundled) it could have been glorious. Why port Halo 3 and H4 to the Xbone? I will never understand what Ayoob and friends were thinking.

Or, imagine if H4 was actually classic like it was originally going to be, which is quite literally what H2A is, H4 with classic settings?

Edit: Although, not going to lie, really loving CE the more it gets supported. Getting to my own favorite thing about MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Or, imagine if H4 was actually classic like it was originally going to be, which is quite literally what H2A is, H4 with classic settings?

Pretty sure this is just a rumor. Frankie/Josh/whoever once clarified that the famous "we made something more classic and the suits at Microsoft didn't like it so it was scrapped" was talking about campaign. H4 was always gonna be a CoD clone MP wise.

Pretty sure this is just a rumor. Frankie/Josh/whoever once clarified that the famous "we made something more classic and the suits at Microsoft didn't like it so it was scrapped" was talking about campaign. H4 was always gonna be a CoD clone MP wise.

Hmmm... well I do remember seeing a magazine article for H4 way back when pre-launch that talked about 'Team BR's' in a way that seemed classic or at least have that available. Other than that, I myself have pretty much nothing on this.

You're assuming it was 343i's decision.

The Xbox One was getting demolished by the PS4 out of the gate. They needed a system seller. I know MCC is the only reason I own a One.

You're assuming it was 343i's decision.

Because it was? They literally came out and admitted that they got overambitious with the project and that's why it ended up becoming the worst AAA game launch in history.

Sort of a poor reason, but at least they are communicating with us. Happy to wait for it if they're not confident with it just yet though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys want a nice dose of cringe to start the week? Read these comments:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/9udp3j/a_spartans_worst_nightmare/

My favorite:

You know the worst part about auto-only-start supporters? They literally think that the autos take more skill only because of the fact that it is 'harder'(only because of being weak and inaccurate AF to 'balance' high aim assist) to kill someone who has the precision weapon and good aim. It is like, they are actually right, in a sense, but the conclusion that they derive from that is so wrong and misguided. It does make me question the established method of balancing autos. Competitive or not.

Don't get me wrong, I take guilty pleasure in loving the occasional CQC spraydown from time to time myself, but damn. I always accepted that precision weapons were the way to go, even as a noob, and I still think that autos should always be in the back pocket on spawn, regardless of Halo.

Thanks for sharing the cringe.

@@Fixtheaiming343 I think you need to fix the quote a bit, lol.

Anyway, I am not arguing against the utility weapon as the predominant core gameplay focus. I just do like autos having a bit more bite to them.

Yeah, H4 Turbo AR FTW.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Custom game browser in this update?

Match Composer

Autos are balanced in h5 but it makes it boring. You wont see someone miss with an AR do those exciting reversals happen less.

So much for "343 gets it". We're back to where we were two years ago.