CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm not used to objectively good things happening to Halo. Feels weird.

what do we complain about. My brain is breaking.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

So they’re going to give people the option to toggle red names. Apparently this makes camo easier to see. Honestly you can’t see the names either way unless you shoot the camo guy(or they shoot) I don’t see what’s such a big deal about it?

You’re workin with outdated information. The red names don’t make camo easier to see. The issue, which has already been fixed, is that when they switched to red names, the name would stay directly over the enemy head even after they cloaked. It’s been fixed. It’s purely a color preference now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not used to objectively good things happening to Halo. Feels weird.

what do we complain about. My brain is breaking.

you know what other game has red enemy names?

...Call of duty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you know what other game has red enemy names?

...Call of duty.

I heard David Vonderhaar drinks water.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wouldn't it just be easier to move Australia closer to the U.S./Europe? How hard can it be to put some propellers in strategic places? No wonder the English kicked you guys out.

We tried to do that but the spiders stopped us.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well since they added 8345834584956 playlists I can either find no games in Aus or play on 3845834485 ping and it's unplayable.

Can't they just restrict Aus playerbase to 5 playlists or something if they want good connection. I would rather play a mixtape of Halo 1/2/2A/3 than a dedicated playlist if it meant good connection.

You're an aussie playing Halo, you should be used to high ping games by now. I'm also from aus, I'd say about 1/20 games of my games are on aus servers, otherwise it's just the usual 200ms+ ping disadvantage. Your best bet is to play dubs with another aussie then you've got 50/50 chance of it being your host.

But you're right - hopefully mixtape solves this problem. I can't get games in anything but social, btb, h3 and dubs.

like it’s no surprise or shock that Ausi players play on high ping. Sorry halo is played by majority America. Like most ausi gamers are on pc playing pc games like league or counter strike. Ausi players like pc more for quality. Console gaming isn’t popular there with good reason.

Oh for sure. It's only games with low population that suffer though. Take a game like overwatch, fortnite, or COD on console and you won't have any issues finding aussie players. Halo's just dead over here, more so than elsewhere.

:weback:

On a side note, is it just me who gets absolutely ear raped on h2 elongation when multiple BR's are firing at the same time? It's like pure static /crackle when you're shooting next to a teammate.

You're an aussie playing Halo, you should be used to high ping games by now.

But when it was just the 5 playlists we had 100% Aussie servers.

But when it was just the 5 playlists we had 100% Aussie servers.

but then  aussies complained that they couldn't games so it was loosened.

I'm on the boat: no games is better than playing on 4n host. you'll have to scream loud at 343 on social media if you want it changed

but then  aussies complained that they couldn't games so it was loosened.

True but I thought the latency wouldn't be as bad as it is because dedicated servers. I got to rank 45 in MLG Halo 3 playlist playing solo on yellow bar so I thought I could handle the higher latency but after playing Social Slayer on exclusively perfect connections it made me cri evrtiem

In asymmetric gametypes like Invasion, the Attackers could benefit from an “infantry support vehicle”. This vehicle would assist infantry in moving and attacking the entrenched defending team. I’m picturing a hovering saucer that can project different effects downward, beneath the vehicle. Players who stand underneath the vehicle would benefit from these effects.

Shield Curtain - a cylindrical shield door is projected downward from the bottom of the vehicle to the ground, protecting players within but preventing them from firing out

Regenerator - reduces the shield recharge delay of players underneath the vehicle

Speedboost - temporarily increases the movement speed of players underneath the vehicle, players retain their Speedboost for a short period even after leaving the area of effect under the vehicle

Power Drain - drains the shields of players underneath the vehicle

Rather than infantry physically entering the vehicle, they independently choose to move with it. The driver chooses which effect the vehicle emits, the players choose when they want to depart from the protection the vehicle provides.

Do you think this type of “mobile mini-base” vehicle could work in Halo?

Saturday night and I can't find a match in H3 Hardcore at level 28... there's really not many people playing this game huh :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

what ticked you off, halo has been declining for a while and when the update rolled out it was a huge failure because of playlist management and because it was a half-assed update to meet an arbitrary September 1st deadline.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I basically see the August update as being good for social players, but pretty awful for competitive players and those outside of NA. In general though, Halo 2 got fucked, Halo 1 is pretty bad but at least being worked on, and Halo 3 is tolerable but for the prioritization and effort they put into making H3 better it doesn't really shine through. 

The improvement to H3 hit registration can't be overstated. It's like a different game now.

the update wasn’t even bad. It fixed a good chunk of things.

Never said anything different. Thing is, MCC needed an update that's a lot more than "not even that bad" to turn around. Especially when coupled with region lock and the questionable playlist management, this update clearly fell short of expectations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The playlist management and  lack of quit penalties/incentives to stay were the most egregious omissions.  It doesn't matter how well the games play if you can't find games or have a shitty experience each game, people will still bail.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Constantly getting 3-4 afk teammates in every BTB game. Just as I remember it /s

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seriously it's nothing but afks and quitters :laughing: Wtf is going on in this game? I encountered like 1 afk in 20+ games of H3 back in the day and it was usually some jackass boosting XP with a rubberband on his controller. Now my teammates are afk or quit instantly roughly 50% of the time. Are kids nowadays just this stupid? Why leave your xbox on all day just to be afk in a video game?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol read some feedback on mcc for this month and kid writes h1 spawns are messed up because you spawn next to teammates every time. Yeah that’s h1s spawns for ya. Not good for 4s but great for doubles.

These are the kids that vote for shit like 50 kills to win “like every other Halo.”

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have they addressed the obvious issue of not seeing what gametype you’re going to play until you’re in the game yet?

• Upvote (+1) 2