CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I guess what I'm saying is that it very well may be easier/more responsive to PLACE your reticle, but that's it's the WHERE you should place it that differs between the 2 games, and is the more important factor when considering the different game feels. 

Now admittedly I have played maybe 1% of the MCC that most in here have, and a majority of that came during launch. But in my experience, anything in the chillout/prisoner range of battles required zero lead, and it shouldn't be like that. Maybe it is different now and my post doesn't apply anymore?

The only way to really describe the shooting on MCC in CE is that its random. Like sometimes you don't lead at all as you said on chillout/prisoner and other times you can aim in the wrong direction and 3 people who are strafing. It just doesn't work online with what they have

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could be, @@Bonesaw. The last couple of patches has done something to introduce leading, it seems, but no-one has convincingly documented exactly what and how much lead compared to OG.

I guess what I'm saying is that it very well may be easier/more responsive to PLACE your reticle, but that's it's the WHERE you should place it that differs between the 2 games, and is the more important factor when considering the different game feels. 

Now admittedly I have played maybe 1% of the MCC that most in here have, and a majority of that came during launch. But in my experience, anything in the chillout/prisoner range of battles required zero lead, and it shouldn't be like that. Maybe it is different now and my post doesn't apply anymore?

Mintograde posted some examples in Discord:

2015:

2018:

This is a SIGNIFICANT improvement in the skillgap and shooting

• Upvote (+1) 5

Played some CE the other night and hit detection was so bad every game. I think I'm going to take a break from halo and play something else, it's got to a point where it's not worth investing the time and effort into trying to enjoy this game. 343 cashed in and can't fix the game. Maybe at some point in the future but it's not worth it for me for the time being.

• Upvote (+1) 1

snip

The thing that gets me is I feel like I'm playing both of those versions at random plus some other stuff just based on the server location. Maybe not quite as drastic as the 2015 example from that distance but still. I honestly kind of like the way it felt on your own host before but it was ruined by the fact that it was just way easier for everyone else in the game to do everything and that doesn't really factor into MM at all

After playing CE today with a friend, 50 kills Is just so short. Now, 100 was too long with all the quitting. Slater should be 75 kills.

P.S remove prisoner from 4v4 that map is dog shit for 4s.

pris is one of the best 4v4 maps, clean your mouth boy

I dont mind any setting on priz. But what has to go is 5 second spawn oddball.

Leading has definitely increased in the last few patches for the pistol. I dont think its ever going to feel like og but its still better then it was. Sniper is still the same hitboxs for head are still to big and leading does not exist. As soon as you get hang em in ctf and get sniper you should never miss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

bruh how? Yeah buddy I’m going to disagree with you there. It’s kist terrible. For doubles yeah it’s amazing other than that nope!

just the map where u pistol over and over. 

1 team sets up on backwall snipe then the other team sets up on OS and tries to set up on red snipe. then you just play a tug of war over the middle of the map for the whole game. 

i did the worst in this game :( https://youtu.be/7IDUE6yWqW0?t=3305

it was 52-29 at one point but it ended really close

Priz is fun for 4’s if enough people on your team know how to play. There are just certain positions that are extremely important to control, and certain positions that are extremely important to NOT be if you’re last alive.

I have this one friend that gets annoyed when I tell him to spread out off spawn because he instinctively tries to stay alive if he spawns in danger. It’s so frustrating because he becomes the reason we STAY in danger. In 4’s you have to spread out or die trying if your team gets caught. If you’re the guy playing to stay alive, you’re the guy fucking your team. Priz and Dere expose that the most, and I have a feeling thats why people hate them.

Also, fuck 5 sec Oddball respawns.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That is the awesome thing about CE. It encourages you to always challenge, no matter what. It only feels weird because that type of thing is always a big no-no and frowned upon in later and much more passive Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I gotta say past few days been enjoying 4s on ce. The pistol feels miles better then it was a few patchs ago. There is more of a skill in battles not sure what they changed but dont fuvk it up! Strafing and leading actual resemble a glimpse of og ce.

Now do the same thing to the sniper and plaz gun and we got a game on our hands.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This makes me so freaking happy, you have no idea.

No kidding. A timer is the #1 requirement for me to want to play MCC HCE more. Can't stand needing an external timer. I'm too lazy, lol. Plus, that should help drastically for new players. Now it wouldn't be 'cheating'.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Any hit reg updates for H2 or CE? The in game timer is amazing but I still won't enjoy playing if CE feels like it does now.

Niice.  I would love a score counter and a colorized kill feed too.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's great. To be honest I didn't really have much faith in when it came to them fixing CE. I'm sure the game won't ever be 1:1 OG but this is a massive step towards improving the accessibility of CE at least.

It'd be dope if the map overlays that load in showed the item respawn information as well as where they are located.

As Damnations loading it'd say

Overshield: 1:00

Camo: 1:00

Sniper : 30 seconds

Rockets: 2:00

• Upvote (+1) 8

That's great. To be honest I didn't really have much faith in when it came to them fixing CE. I'm sure the game won't ever be 1:1 OG but this is a massive step towards improving the accessibility of CE at least.

It'd be dope if the map overlays that load in showed the item respawn information as well as where they are located.

As Damnations loading it'd say

Overshield: 1:00

Camo: 1:00

Sniper : 30 seconds

Rockets: 2:00

You know, while I understand how situational it is, I would almost say add the Shotgun's placement to that list as well, since it is just one of those little things that might help new CE players transition from other Halo games.

Unless you kinda already meant for everything, anyway.

Friendly reminder that you can still hear players during the "players found stage" and can't mute them.

A timer will be great because currently its still hard to guess when to start timer.

Clearly there is some type of leadership going on with these updates. 4 years to late but still will acept any updates they keep making at this point.

It looks like classic sounds will be in future as well.

Its fun for once to play 4s again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah that's a GREAT step forward. Whoever is budgeting time and prioritizing updates for MCC is doing a good job. Its late as hell but its a good example of how updates and improvements should be moving for any Halo title from the start. Whoever this is needs a promotion if its going to stay this way so that they're in charge of all games going forward

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well since they added 8345834584956 playlists I can either find no games in Aus or play on 3845834485 ping and it's unplayable.

Can't they just restrict Aus playerbase to 5 playlists or something if they want good connection. I would rather play a mixtape of Halo 1/2/2A/3 than a dedicated playlist if it meant good connection.