CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wait, what?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/autumnal-need

Basically just an increase to the base options that we already had which would normally be great but after playing H5 and the aiming being busted over and over despite patches giving you control over everything I'm pretty much done with wanting to see any updates regarding controls from 343. If it works please stay far away lool

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a link to the H1 Discord in @@Riddler's sig right above you. Although I'm not sure if he's still in that one. Postums left all the H2 Discords after we tried expressing the problems that still exist on MCC.

Cant see it on mobile - you mind shooting me the link?

Postums looking for more feedback, specifically what bug fix brought you back to the game, or what bug is keeping you from returning.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Im all for complaining about MCC problems but its not helpful if you are complaining about things that didn't happen or situations that are more complex than 'just fix it'.

RIP party restrictions in a 343 made game. Sept 2018 - Oct 2018

Take this post. Party restrictions were not removed, they were changed to "Party matching adjustments so it only forces party restrictions in ranked for teams of 4 vs other teams of 4."

They give us more aiming options instead of fixing the aiming they ruined in the first place. No one can possibly be this stupid right? 

"Some players have expressed that some games within MCC don’t “feel right” compared to the Xbox 360 originals and while the code itself is identical between the OG and MCC versions of each title"

Score to win back to 50 in H1 4v4 because people vote about shit they don’t even play.

Cmon, you know this isn't what happened. Both the Ogres are sitting there saying 100 kills doesn't belong. Most of the halo 1 players are absent from providing feedback on the game. It can't be easy to make these kind of decisions. Also, you don't KNOW that the people who voted in that poll are mostly later halo players. There isn't some way to see everyone who voted. Saying the voters were mostly non halo 1 players is just speculation.

Again, please bitch, moan and provide feedback about MCC. Just please do not ignore things that have happened or refuse to take into account the circumstances that have lead to the decisions they have made.

• Upvote (+1) 9

@@Cujjer, I think it’s pretty fair speculation. I really doubt people are climbing over each other to get their Mario Party minigame back. They see 50 in other Halos and see 100 in H1, and think something is wrong. We both know most people aren’t playing H1. Those that are vocal about a return to 50 probably played very few TS games to 100, and the ones they did play probably had quitters. That would explain why they want it to go back. I HIGHLY doubt people are just all jazzed about getting to play 4 minute games again.

As for the Ogres, we’re talking about the guy that threw a full blown tantrum over red names. Could it be that he’s just upset that it’s different from the original, and is disregarding why it might be better? Hmmm. Let’s stop pretending that MLG wouldn’t have used 100 in 4’s if they didn’t have to mod xboxes to do it. Seriously, assuming no one quits in either game (which is what settings should be based on), what reason could anyone make that 50 is better than 100? There isn’t one. We shouldn’t be playing to the Doubles score limit. This SHOULD be common sense.

• Upvote (+1) 7

@@Cujjer, I think it’s pretty fair speculation. I really doubt people are climbing over each other to get their Mario Party minigame back. They see 50 in other Halos and see 100 in H1, and think something is wrong. We both know most people aren’t playing H1. Those that are vocal about a return to 50 probably played very few TS games to 100, and the ones they did play probably had quitters. That would explain why they want it to go back. I HIGHLY doubt people are just all jazzed about getting to play 4 minute games again.

As for the Ogres, we’re talking about the guy that threw a full blown tantrum over red names. Could it be that he’s just upset that it’s different from the original, and is disregarding why it might be better? Hmmm. Let’s stop pretending that MLG wouldn’t have used 100 in 4’s if they didn’t have to mod xboxes to do it. Seriously, assuming no one quits in either game (which is what settings should be based on), what reason could anyone make that 50 is better than 100? There isn’t one. We shouldn’t be playing to the Doubles score limit. This SHOULD be common sense.

You know, if people are freaking out about 4v4 to 100, why has no one said anything about 2v2 to 50? The lack of logic against these improvements is just ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I actually like CE 4v4 at 50 because it's over so quickly, makes it easy to jump on and get a game or two in. I'll have to check out if the region lock expansion thingy patch makes me able to find a game again, my gaming time is currently occupied by Horizon 4, & Ruiner though, so won't be that soon.

You know, if people are freaking out about 4v4 to 100, why has no one said anything about 2v2 to 50? The lack of logic against these improvements is just ridiculous.

u never browse reddit or waypoint i see. It was all over there 4 years ago and it still pops up
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I think a lot of people are so attached to the "exactly like it used to be" mentality that they disregard any change, positive or not. I feel like both 50 and 100 kill H1 4v4 games serve a purpose, but ultimately prefer 100. But 100 still makes more sense given how H1 plays. Ask H3 kids what they think about playing H3 4v4 to 25.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why has nobody suggested this crazy idea: 75 kills. Or is that too much like cod  :kappa:

u never browse reddit or waypoint i see. It was all over there 4 years ago and it still pops up

Yeah, I generally don't ever think of wasting my time on those forums. But ok, I figured that there would be someone that complains.

I think a lot of people are so attached to the "exactly like it used to be" mentality that they disregard any change, positive or not. I feel like both 50 and 100 kill H1 4v4 games serve a purpose, but ultimately prefer 100. But 100 still makes more sense given how H1 plays. Ask H3 kids what they think about playing H3 4v4 to 25.

Aren't these also the same kind of people that always tell you to '#Adapt' in modern Halo? And yeah, all other Halo game 4v4 matches should then be played to 25, and then 12 kills and an assist for 2v2.

/S

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why has nobody suggested this crazy idea: 75 kills. Or is that too much like cod :kappa:

Honestly, I could kinda see that on maybe a per-map basis, like with 50 and 100 as well.

Edit: I'm on mobile, guys. Can't multi-quote.

Im all for complaining about MCC problems but its not helpful if you are complaining about things that didn't happen or situations that are more complex than 'just fix it'.

Take this post. Party restrictions were not removed, they were changed to "Party matching adjustments so it only forces party restrictions in ranked for teams of 4 vs other teams of 4."

"Some players have expressed that some games within MCC don’t “feel right” compared to the Xbox 360 originals and while the code itself is identical between the OG and MCC versions of each title"

The notion that I need to make shit up to make 343 look bad is utterly ridiculous. Party restrictions not affecting teams of 2 and 3 is a huge deal and we all know this is a slippery slope and will eventually lead to them removing party restrictions altogether.

The aiming in new MCC is objectively worse than before the botched relaunch update. The "omg guise we don't know what we did but we swear to Frankie that the code is the same" excuse might work for the average H5 fan because they frankly don't know any better, but H2 had probably the best aiming in the series next to CE and even H3 was never this bad so people aren't putting up with this nonsense. For the record I welcome the more advanced controller options, but not if the intent behind them is to sweep the awful aiming in new MCC under the rug.

Are we supposed to just let them get away with this shit and provide "constructive feedback", even though they conveniently ignore this feedback for years? (read: mixtape matchmaking, cross-game playlists, AR starts etc.)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The notion that I need to make shit up to make 343 look bad is utterly ridiculous. Party restrictions not affecting teams of 2 and 3 is a huge deal and we all know this is a slippery slope and will eventually lead to them removing party restrictions altogether.

The aiming in new MCC is objectively worse than before the bothed relaunch update. The "omg guise we don't know what we did but we swear to Frankie that the code is the same" excuse might work for the average H5 fan because they frankly don't know any better, but H2 had probably the best aiming in the series next to CE and even H3 was never this bad so people aren't putting up with this nonsense. For the record I welcome the more advanced controller options, but not if the intent behind them is to sweep the awful aiming in new MCC under the rug.

Are we supposed to just let them get away with this shit and provide "constructive feedback", even though they conveniently ignore this feedback for years? (read: mixtape matchmaking, cross-game playlists, AR starts etc.)

On the note of aiming being bad post update, has anyone noticed whenever postums comments on the aiming, he only compares it to the 360/Xbox versions of the games? I haven't seen one person complain about the aiming and compare it to the original games, it's always in relation to MCC pre-update.

I think there is actually quite the simple solution to determining the kills to win score limit for CE assuming you have access to the data. Basically just decide on what you believe the healthy average time limit of a game is along with what the max time limit should be. Now take every map in the game at 50 kills to win and check those numbers against the data for all games completed without quits. Go even more in depth with the expected skill ranges if you want. Now adjust the score to win on each map to the values the data indicates would be best and set the maximum time limit to whatever you deem it should be. Test and see how it holds up in reality and adjust from there. Eventually you will come out where you want to be with appropriate time spent inside of each map. There is actually no reason for this to even be a debate this is a solvable problem

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've played on the new settings and they do feel nice for me. I love low deadzones and look accel is going to be such a good update for some (I'm rocking default which is like 2). but getting 180 turn arounds, having 5 look accel is super nice. 

Identical code could very well be part of the reason the games don't feel the same. They're running at 60 FPS now. On different controllers. And dedicated servers (or trying to). The code needs changes to compensate.

And some identical code doesn't mean everything's hunky-dory. Some new/altered parts could be interfering with the original parts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The notion that I need to make shit up to make 343 look bad is utterly ridiculous. 

Well that's what you did in the post I quoted. Keep in mind, the point i'm trying to make is: Complain as loud as you want about changes they make, just make sure what you are complaining about is what has actually happened. For example:

RIP party restrictions in a 343 made game. Sept 2018 - Oct 2018

As opposed to

I hate that they changed how party restrictions work. I thought we were all in favor of preventing parties (regardless of size) from matching singles. Its sad to see them backpedal on this change just because they were getting complaints about people not getting matches. They should have been putting all of their effort towards resolving the root cause of the issue: the games low population. Things like Implementing quit penalties, improving in game performance like poor shot registration and creating the upcoming Match Composer feature. I hope that they reimplement full party restrictions once the population grows.

See the difference?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well that's what you did in the post I quoted. Keep in mind, the point i'm trying to make is: Complain as loud as you want about changes they make, just make sure what you are complaining about is what has actually happened. For example:

As opposed to

See the difference?

Are you trying to land a job with 343 or something?

Most of your posts seem to be critical of people criticizing 343 for not adequately fixing the game that was promised to Halo fans in 2014.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As opposed to

See the difference?

Yeah I'll do that the day 343 starts actually listening to feedback instead of conveniently ignoring anything that goes against their oh-so-superior ideas. Or when they stop lying to us ("MiXtApE MaTcHMaKiNG iS OuT oF teH ScOpE oF ThiS PrOJecT") or making asinine decisions like keeping AR and SMG starts and calling us sweaty tryhards in the process. Then I'll have a polite discourse with them.

I don't see what nitpicking an obviously hyperbolic statement is supposed to achieve. I have a feeling you can't see the forest for the trees here: They are backtracking once again on important issues, they are making stupid decisions and not even trying to explain how they come to their conclusions and they are they are not learning from their mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait, so we want them to listen to feedback but when they incorporate feedback (adding mixtape matchmaking when it was initially beyond scope) we just claim they're lying to us?

I like making fun of people as much as the next guy, and I'm also disappointed that 4v4 CE has gone back to fifty kills before quit penalties were properly in place. But we have to cut them some slack somewhere. And yes I know it's been four years of disappointment with the game. Postums has said on his Discord he passed on the feedback of people really wanting 100 kills to the people who make decisions on the playlists, we'll see what happens.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can you turn down aim acceleration for Halo 3 now? That was a huge reason I quit the game. The maps still suck but maybe I'll be able to look around like normal after 11 years.