CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

There's no reason to only mixtape social modes. Just have both but restrict searching between the two. I also think having gametypes as a filter is excessive. Voting/veto is better, to keep fragmentation from becoming too high.

SOCIAL MIXTAPE

Team Training

[  ] CE [  ] H2 [  ] H2A [  ] H3 [  ] H4

Big Team Battle

[  ] CE [  ] H2 [  ] H2A [  ] H3 [  ] H4

Action Sack

RANKED MIXTAPE

Team Arena

Team Doubles

Rumble Pit

I'd honestly prefer voting in every playlist again. Team Arena would have MLG gametypes in the first slot. Second slot would be an objective gametype when the first slot is slayer and vice versa so there's always an option for both. Third slot could be snipers so people can play it when they actually want to, as opposed to now. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's no reason to only mixtape social modes. Just have both but restrict searching between the two. I also think having gametypes as a filter is excessive. Voting/veto is better, to keep fragmentation from becoming too high.

SOCIAL MIXTAPE

Team Training

[  ] CE [  ] H2 [  ] H2A [  ] H3 [  ] H4

Big Team Battle

Action Sack

RANKED MIXTAPE

Team Arena

Team Doubles

Rumble Pit

I'd honestly prefer voting in every playlist again. Team Arena would have MLG gametypes in the first slot. Second slot would be an objective gametype when the first slot is slayer and vice versa so there's always an option for both. Third slot could be snipers so people can play it when they actually want to, as opposed to now. 

I continue to be confused when people suggest combining Hardcore and regular Arena gametypes into one playlist. There are numerous players who only want to play one type of settings. If you think quitting is bad in a regular cross-game playlist, wait until you see the casuals quitting out of your Hardcore gametypes and vice versa.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I continue to be confused when people suggest combining Hardcore and regular Arena gametypes into one playlist. There are numerous players who only want to play one type of settings. If you think quitting is bad in a regular cross-game playlist, wait until you see the casuals quitting out of your Hardcore gametypes and vice versa.

Then just change the name from HARDCORE MLG CTF V8 to fuckin multi flag ctf on the pit and nobody will even notice lmao

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just like AR starts, I have no sympathy for people that demand radar in ranked team Halo. It's long past time to take away the crutch.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think we should choose battles that have even a remote possibility of being won before we try to take away radar from default ranked play. Obviously when you lay it out, at least in the original three games, no radar is simply more competitive but you also have to realize people have been playing with radar on for literally 17 years. You'd have better luck arguing with a wall if you think those people will ever accept radar being removed. Especially when they're easily a super majority of the people who play MCC/Halo in general.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With mix-tape matchmaking, people will be able to choose which games and gamemodes they play, and people will still fucking quit because they didn't get Halo 3. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If I have it first and see they're trying to betray me, my favorite thing in the world is to waste all of the ammo right in front of them.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anyone else having issues with every game being laggy af....I know my internet is bad but haven't had issues with MCC until the last week or so. Literally cant play a game that isn't choppy throughout with double nades, delayed nades, no shot registration, front side assignations, all that bs. I gave up unless I find out what's wrong which sucks because I had no issues with MCC before all this update bullshit.

Also this no map voting and the fact that 90% of the games are slayer is getting extremely annoying.

Everytime some betrays me for the sniper etc, I’ll go straight back to them and not betray but just annoy the fuck outta them until the game finishes. Because fuck those people.

I either make sure they're one-shot for the rest of the game or bait me into betraying me again to boot them.

I either make sure they're one-shot for the rest of the game or bait me into betraying me again to boot them.

got to learn all the ways to get the betrayal glitch. 

how the person found the longshore betrayal glitch, I'll never know.

edit: wtf this video actually has credits. 

edit2: this one has all of them I believe. And i'm not ashamed to admit i've used all of them before to boot someone

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lmao I only knew about the Narrows glitch, wish I knew all of these back in the day

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I have it first and see they're trying to betray me, my favorite thing in the world is to waste all of the ammo right in front of them.

Sweet, sweet bliss doing that in front of them. Tyco don't care.

I think we should choose battles that have even a remote possibility of being won before we try to take away radar from default ranked play. Obviously when you lay it out, at least in the original three games, no radar is simply more competitive but you also have to realize people have been playing with radar on for literally 17 years. You'd have better luck arguing with a wall if you think those people will ever accept radar being removed. Especially when they're easily a super majority of the people who play MCC/Halo in general.

People have been playing with radar on for 17 years because with every new game, people are saying, "we can't take it away now, they've been playing with it for xx years!" At some point you need to rip the band aid off. Now is the best time. At this point, what have you got to lose? Designing a game around the casuals has done exactly what everyone expected it to; ruined the core gameplay for people who actually cared about the series and constantly lost population because casual gamers jump to the newest shiny game.

• Upvote (+1) 8

What I truly don't understand are the people that have been playing since H2/H3, and STILL don't like a strong utility weapon, call button glitches cheating, and don't understand why radar is bad. I checked up on that Waypoint thread I made and saw a series of responses from a longtime player that just blows my mind. It's like a complete refusal to learn.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What I truly don't understand are the people that have been playing since H2/H3, and STILL don't like a strong utility weapon, call button glitches cheating, and don't understand why radar is bad. I checked up on that Waypoint thread I made and saw a series of responses from a longtime player that just blows my mind. It's like a complete refusal to learn.

I saw that too. He's a real piece of work. Judging from his responses, he probably doesn't have one competitive bone in his body, yet he feels the need to share his awful opinion about competitive CE. Fuck that guy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People have been playing with radar on for 17 years because with every new game, people are saying, "we can't take it away now, they've been playing with it for xx years!" At some point you need to rip the band aid off. Now is the best time. At this point, what have you got to lose? Designing a game around the casuals has done exactly what everyone expected it to; ruined the core gameplay for people who actually cared about the series and constantly lost population because casual gamers jump to the newest shiny game.

I don't really think its fair to just call them all casuals and stop there. Some of them play the games more than most of us do now. Even when 75% of the player base jumps ship and leaves they're still the vast majority of people left over (the radar kids). I really just think its an integral feature of what Halo is to them. Obviously I'd be fine and happy with no radar I'm just not sure its a move that's going to actually increase player retention or anything. If they came out with a new Halo and the gameplay was just actually amazing and it had no radar we'd keep a bunch of people but it would be the underlying gameplay not the radar change. Its pretty hard to swing the "radar isn't core gameplay" thing around when really its us and people who play swat that haven't been using it for, well, literally everything in campaign and multiplayer since day 1.

I don't care if radar is in the game in general.  I DO care if its in the game for the competitive/ranked modes.  If you want to see how you stack against other players in ranked, having good spawn awareness, head-up awareness and communication are all part of that.  Radar nerfs those aspects severely.  Having it in ranked play is stupid.

If they want to keep it on for social modes that is totally fine.  I really have 0 problem with that.  I hate the "universal settings are a must" argument, but i do believe that Halo can be designed in a way where there is a properly balanced precision primary/auto secondary that is the same for all modes and the only change that needs to be made for competitive is to toggle radar off.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't really think its fair to just call them all casuals and stop there. Some of them play the games more than most of us do now. Even when 75% of the player base jumps ship and leaves they're still the vast majority of people left over (the radar kids). I really just think its an integral feature of what Halo is to them. Obviously I'd be fine and happy with no radar I'm just not sure its a move that's going to actually increase player retention or anything. If they came out with a new Halo and the gameplay was just actually amazing and it had no radar we'd keep a bunch of people but it would be the underlying gameplay not the radar change. Its pretty hard to swing the "radar isn't core gameplay" thing around when really its us and people who play swat that haven't been using it for, well, literally everything in campaign and multiplayer since day 1.

You're right about the term "casual" being slightly misused. However, I would just say that they are casual in their appreciation of the game. They enjoy the game for the temporary enjoyment of playing rather than for the deeper appreciation of personal accomplishment and development that can come from a truly skill-based game. 

Think of it like a casual drinker vs. a whisky connoisseur. A casual drinker might really like whisky for the effect and appreciate the taste on some level, but a connoisseur appreciates it on a deeper level. A connoisseur doesn't want to drink a cheap, crappy whisky while the casual doesn't really care, they're just trying to get a buzz and enjoy all whisky on approximately the same level.

The same is true of a Halo game. Casuals can enjoy the game at a fairly superficial level regardless of the underlying systems and skill-gap. A hardcore gamer really can't. They need something deeper and more "meaningful" to truly engage them. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

You're right about the term "casual" being slightly misused. However, I would just say that they are casual in their appreciation of the game. They enjoy the game for the temporary enjoyment of playing rather than for the deeper appreciation of personal accomplishment and development that can come from a truly skill-based game. 

Think of it like a casual drinker vs. a whisky connoisseur. A casual drinker might really like whisky for the effect and appreciate the taste on some level, but a connoisseur appreciates it on a deeper level. A connoisseur doesn't want to drink a cheap, crappy whisky while the casual doesn't really care, they're just trying to get a buzz and enjoy all whisky on approximately the same level.

The same is true of a Halo game. Casuals can enjoy the game at a fairly superficial level regardless of the underlying systems and skill-gap. A hardcore gamer really can't. They need something deeper and more "meaningful" to truly engage them. 

a0xs2.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I miss you.

• Upvote (+1) 1