CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This just confirms "it's out of the scope of the project" was PR talk for "we literally can't be arsed right now".

• Upvote (+1) 3

More "mixtape" stuff, nothing huge here but the name of it is "match composer". Based on Sketch's tweet I see gametypes and Halo games, but I don't see maps or specific hardcore variants. It's a work in progress so those options may exist by the time the feature is released.

Make one of those Slayer icons "BR starts", and I'll be a happy camper. Allow me to play exactly how I want.

This just confirms "it's out of the scope of the project" was PR talk for "we literally can't be arsed right now".

Not entirely. It was made pretty clear that the initial patch was meant to bring the game into a functional state, without anything else to draw focus from the goal.

Games and gametypes primary focus. Not sure if that will mean you can specifically choose CTF for H2 only and slayer only for H1. But this is just early testing for internal reasons and doesn't sound like it reflects final options.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know, I wonder. Would there still be playlists with mixtape in place when it arrives? I would imagine a handful of all 'cross-game' playlists with the Match Composer allowing you to choose what you want to play in said cross-game playlists.

At least, one could only hope.

You know, I wonder. Would there still be playlists with mixtape in place when it arrives? I would imagine a handful of all 'cross-game' playlists with the Match Composer allowing you to choose what you want to play in said cross-game playlists.

For the sake of ranks, I hope so too. I do like the idea of getting a random gametype within a ranked playlist, because it puts forth a need to master the entire game in order to earn your rank. That’d be dumb if you could get a 50 by playing only Pit TS over and over again.

I don't mean to steal Infinity's tweet, but there will still be some playlists. I would assume heavily populated ranked playlists or some rotational playlists would be most of the selection.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Postums said in the discord Mixtape will be social-only, which I fully support.

This honestly makes a lot of sense. Aren't the 'social' players the ones who quit the most, anyway?

Postums said in the discord Mixtape will be social-only, which I fully support.

I only support that if they still reduce the total number of ranked playlists.  My prior proposal was that you could have a "Ranked Mixtape" and "Social Mixtape"

Ranked lets you check off the ranked playlists you want to search at the same time.  No map, gametype, etc options so you are forced to play whatever random mode is given to you to get a true rank.  Social would have Game, team size and gametype options.  Neither should have options to pick individual maps. In lieu of that i would also add Veto.

Mixtape lists plus Veto would be so sweet.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I only support that if they still reduce the total number of ranked playlists. My prior proposal was that you could have a "Ranked Mixtape" and "Social Mixtape"

Ranked lets you check off the ranked playlists you want to search at the same time. No map, gametype, etc options so you are forced to play whatever random mode is given to you to get a true rank. Social would have Game, team size and gametype options. Neither should have options to pick individual maps. In lieu of that i would also add Veto.

Mixtape lists plus Veto would be so sweet.

That actually sounds like a good idea for a ranked mixtape. Allowing you to potentially find games faster, and not rig the system, either.

I also agree with not being able to choose maps for these. I don't want to play Blood Gulch/Lockout/The Pit/Haven 24/7.

• Upvote (+1) 4

God I hope this ends up working correctly. Itd be a nice day if something 343 did would actually work. Mixtapes can easily be the future of matchmaking.

A projectile utility weapon makes for more interesting battles due to strafing and leading your shots. I don’t believe a projectile Sniper Rifle adds anything significant to gameplay. If the utility weapon kills fast, a hitscan Sniper Rifle with low aim assist and zero bullet magnetism is ideal. Change my mind.

That would be fine for arena maps but my concern would be that in BTB maps having a projectile utility with a hitscan sniper would make the sniper too powerful and too hard to contest at long ranges.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ranked: CE 2v2, H2 MLG, H3 MLG, H2A HCS

Social Mixtape: Social Slayer, Rumble Pit, Multi Team, Skirmish, BTB

Literally all people wanted from day one. If you want to, also throw SWAT, Sniper, Grifball and Infection in there as Mixtape playlists. It really isn't that hard.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If Rainbow 6 Siege can go from a broken pile of shit to one of the most popular games on the market, than Halo MCC can too as long as they keep working on it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

That mix tape is actually going to be amazing improvement for the crossplay BTB Halo 4 is gone entirely and Halo 1 can be limited to only slayer.

I hope we can limit gametype options to BR starts instead of just you know regular slayer then I’ll never have to play AR starts again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will do anything to help them test that feature to help it work correctly. This needs to be the future of Halo in general as its the only exit plan from all of the crazy playlists and niches that we've built up for over a decade without just telling certain types of players to leave.

• Upvote (+1) 5

More "mixtape" stuff, nothing huge here but the name of it is "match composer". Based on Sketch's tweet I see gametypes and Halo games, but I don't see maps or specific hardcore variants. It's a work in progress so those options may exist by the time the feature is released.

Am I the only one who is absolutely annoyed by horizontal menus? Humans trained from birth in nearly any language make lists vertically.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Am I the only one who is absolutely annoyed by horizontal menus? Humans trained from birth in nearly any language make lists vertically.

Nope, you're not.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It depends. I think this MCC thing is fine. A radiobox isn't much of an issue to me if it's horizontal. Something where you have to scroll repeatedly, ala MCC's custom/forge options are dumb, though. It performs identically to a vertical menu, and the horizontal main "portals" drop into a vertical menu, but it just feels so off when you nav between the four options. 

No need to uncheck stuff that just flat out doesn't deserve to be there.

bUt ThE gAmE sHoUlDn'T bE a Br SwEaTfEsT aLl tHe TiMe!!11!!

• Upvote (+1) 8

Ranked: CE 2v2, H2 MLG, H3 MLG, H2A HCS

Social Mixtape: Social Slayer, Rumble Pit, Multi Team, Skirmish, BTB

Literally all people wanted from day one. If you want to, also throw SWAT, Sniper, Grifball and Infection in there as Mixtape playlists. It really isn't that hard.

I like it. Add in a Rocketball option, and I won't need a custom game browser.

seriously shut up. I’m being honest you”re the player where a custom browser won’t benefit you at all. But there’s players like me who actually enjoy to play infection mini games like fat kid, duck hunt. Not everything is about mlg 4s. People actually enjoy other things, I can tell you do not. Mofo all you enjoy is CE. Whom like h4 is the most disliked game on mcc.

Customs are what I enjoy most. I've never really liked Matchmaking. Good job pretending like you know me. You make 0 sense.