CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'll take any spawn system thats not the one in halo 3 2v2 settings. People keep spawning right next to me and vice versa.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree that CE does many things better than its successors but come on dude,let's stay grounded in reality here. The spawn system works in exactly one scenario and that is high level 2v2s. For any other player count and especially in general MM with randoms the system is awfully frustrating. In H3 you might get spawn sniped or trapped every once in a while, in CE it's the norm. And it can happen unlimited times in a row if your teammates don't move whereas in H3 the spawns will flip eventually due to death influence.

it goes to casual vs competent players. In 4v4s its once before the guy is like "oh i should move or die". Other than ctf derelict or wizard (which isnt because of the spawn system), you dont get spawn killed like that that often. Youll spawn in bad positions like other halos but you dont get sniped off spawns in high level 4v4s. At most ur naded off spawn from nade meant for someone else. The ttk is short. I cant set up a spawn kill with someone shooting at me. And u can say that for h3. H3's is worse because its controlled by the enemy and not yourself. Just because you dont play people who abuse the spawn system doesnt mean it doesnt exist. If i nade shotgun, youll spawn court. There are easier maps to abuse it on. Every play any objective game on last resort. Ever just play snowbound or standoff lol? Ever play snowbound snipers/swat 50 high? The whole meta was just have one guy in base. Kill em rocks. Kill em other side, Kill em top base, then kill them, repeat for 10-20 kill swings until someone missed. Snipers was all about spawn killing on snowbound, rats nest, standoff, pit, narrows, heretic, foundry. We all had ohko guns all the time but its not like u cant do that in regular slayer. If you kill them a side base they spawn b base on foundry. If you kill them a side on onslaught they spawn b side next.

Ce suffers more from where the spawns are located rather than the system for 4v4s imo. Again stick h3's spawn system on pris, youre being spawn killed. And moving spawns to pris's tunnels would just make the map play worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You also can't convince me that for 2v2 Halo has ever had a better system than CEs.  You have complete control over your partners spawn and you are accountable to each other for not fucking it up.

You also can't convince me that CEs spawn system is good for 4v4.  You can mitigate it by yelling "Spread out" at your team constantly but its really not great for 4s.  There are simply way too little control.  You can try to influence spawns and hope you get lucky, but there is only a 25% chance the game will choose you as the spawn influencer. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Actually, the chance is 33,33% (1 in 3), as at least one of the four on the team is dead (and thus respawning).

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually, the chance is 33,33% (1 in 3), as at least one of the four on the team is dead (and thus respawning).

:kappa:

LOL ok true.  So to unnecessarily dig down that rabbit hole.... you have a 33.33%, 50% or 100% depending on  how many are dead at once.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ce suffers more from where the spawns are located rather than the system for 4v4s imo. 

It also suffers from having too few spawn points. 

LOL ok true.  So to unnecessarily dig down that rabbit hole.... you have a 33.33%, 50% or 100% depending on  how many are dead at once.

Which, honestly, if random zones were visible and H1 had a better kill feed, wouldn't even be that bad.

You could take the same system, but let the dead player choose which guy to spawn on, and make it so that only one teammate in a random zone would give the dead player the option of a random, I think that could work well.  I just wish the random zones were deliberately placed instead of happenstance.

Multi was telling me about a cool system they might use. When you're dead, you go into like a "spirit walk" right where you died. You can't see enemies and they can't see you. You have your entire respawn time to walk around and choose your respawn point. There's hieroglyphics in the map that glow when you approach them, and they represent the spawn point.  So you have total control over your spawn, but it's still somewhat predictable as well, because you are limited to a 5 second radius, and the enemy knows where you probably want to go. I thought it sounded awesome. 

why? You don’t play run customs anyway. And don’t think there’s going to be multiple mlg customs since that shit basically is non existent via h5.

Clan Recruitments obviously. Fuck's sake man get with the times, the future of Halo is clan wars between "HALO MANDALORIAN CLAN" and "UNSC 5th Spartan Division". Adapt or GTFO loser.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any word on when MCC is getting a customs browser?

I don't want a custom game browser until every bug induced by Halo PC, Halo Anniversary, and MCC is gone.

Which will be never.

Now if this works, how many people who kept saying "This will never happen" are going to own up to it?

Key word "if". They'll fuck it up somehow.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I mean even 343 said it wasn't going to happen at some point. I'm more interested in why/how that changed since I think anyone with a brain knew it was possible they just weren't willing to go for it before

• Upvote (+1) 2

WHERE WAS THIS STUFF A MONTH AGO?? It's comical at this point how they keep making the same mistakes over and over again. The general population won't read your blog 343,they have already uninstalled the game and are playing Fortnite again.

• Upvote (+1) 6

As great as this sounds, they've definitely missed the boat with the MCC "relaunch". It took too long to come out, the playlist management and region lock was borked and the population has already gone. Plus we're about to hit busy season for new games, so casuals really aren't gonna care.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. The MCC is probably not the game that would have bounced back immediately even if everything was 100% day one of the patch. The window for instantly grabbing a huge population closed in 2014, I think.

Instead, I think it could be possible to see a snowball effect over time. Slowly building of population as oldtimers are lured in, and reexperience the game in a functional state. As trust is gradually built, and the word is slowly spreading, more and more players - old and new - are attracted. As long as patches, small tournaments, and the core community (us) contribute to stoke the (small) flames keeping this game alive at the moment, we could be rewarded in the longer term with a healthy population.

In other words: I am thinking of an incremental return to fame similar to what the Super Smash Melee community managed. In fact, many of the environmental factors are stacked in our favor: we do not rely on ancient hardware, and online play is readily available. That said, the grassroots LAN community is more or less gone, and there is a lack of big tournaments (with the exception of the HWC 2on2 H3 tournament, which is a good first step).

• Upvote (+1) 5

A projectile utility weapon makes for more interesting battles due to strafing and leading your shots. I don’t believe a projectile Sniper Rifle adds anything significant to gameplay. If the utility weapon kills fast, a hitscan Sniper Rifle with low aim assist and zero bullet magnetism is ideal. Change my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 3

More "mixtape" stuff, nothing huge here but the name of it is "match composer". Based on Sketch's tweet I see gametypes and Halo games, but I don't see maps or specific hardcore variants. It's a work in progress so those options may exist by the time the feature is released.

• Upvote (+1) 5