CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

With so many H3 playlists they might aswell take it out of Social Slayer that way I have more chance of playing H2 and CE.

or just search their respective playlist

Why do MLG H2 settings have duals on Sanc but not on other maps? I wasn't around for competitive Halo before Halo 3 and only just realized that Sanc still had a plasma pistol on 2007 settings.

h2 2007 had dual weapons(although no one used them lol).
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Does Halo 2 Classic melees seem wrong to anyone else? I was playing last night and there were a bunch of times where I'd melee, lunge 80% of the way to the target and then stop completely without landing a hit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does Halo 2 Classic melees seem wrong to anyone else? I was playing last night and there were a bunch of times where I'd melee, lunge 80% of the way to the target and then stop completely without landing a hit.

This is happening alot in H3 too it's weird sometimes I hear the melee noise too. Same for players meleeing me

• Upvote (+1) 1

TS on HeH and Damnation should go back to 50 (maybe 60?) kills in the h1 4v4 playlist.

Longer games seems to bring more quitters sadly.

I never thought I'd see the day where so many people want to play a 4 minute game that never has a chance to develop. I had the best 4v4 TS Damnation of my life yesterday. 100-99, two competent teams playing each other. I got to experience what attacking/defending a green setup is like in 4v4. The game was 13 minutes. It had a chance to develop. We got to see how people set up for powerups and had a chance to implement counters. Games to 50 are over well before any of that happens.

If your game gets ruined by quitters, just quit. Playing Hide and Seek for 20 minutes isn't worth anyone's time. Nothing is on the line. No penalty is being enforced. Just quit.  There's no point in ruining any chance for an actual good game as a way to to make quitting suck less. That's a defeatist, loser mentality. Instead, lets just use our fucking brains, realize that there's obviously no quit penalty, and quit torturing ourselves in shitty 4v1's. The game is already ruined. Just leave.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why do MLG H2 settings have duals on Sanc but not on other maps? I wasn't around for competitive Halo before Halo 3 and only just realized that Sanc still had a plasma pistol on 2007 settings.

Probably because the size of the map means the PP isn't so over powered.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Hard Way, yeah I had a TS Dammy game end 84-84, played with teammates communicating and we were down 15-20 kills at one point. We broke green setup and marched back, fell down 84-83 with like 10 seconds left. I got a clutch snipe to tie it back up before it ended. I haven’t had a adrenaline rush like that playing Halo in a long time.

Really miss that feeling when playing competitive Halo. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

TS on HeH and Damnation should go back to 50 (maybe 60?) kills in the h1 4v4 playlist.

Longer games seems to bring more quitters sadly.

played in customs last night. Good ole fun btb customs. A few said how the ce playlist should go back to 50 kills because its too long right after we had just played a 30min ctf bg game where 7/8 people but me went (midly) negative, and everyone had a blast playing it. I think people just arent used to normal time slayer games

????????????

and i can understand dammy, but heh? I can rack up 10kills myself per minute on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

played in customs last night. Good ole fun btb customs. A few said how the ce playlist should go back to 50 kills right after we had just played a 30min ctf bg game where 7/8 people but me went negative. I think people just arent used to normal time slayer games

????????????

and i can understand dammy, but heh? I can rack up 10kills myself per minute on that.

Its not even the amount of time the game lasts, its just the triple digit number that people freak out about.  For no real reason.   And no, quitters is not a REAL reason.  Plus CE has almost 0 hud, so with the lack of an in-game timer and score, it makes the progress seem slow.  People are so hung up on the number, they don't stop to think about whats best for that particular game and gametype. Something as simple as a listing of the gametype and score to win before the game starts would help i think.

How would people feel about 4v4 CE Slayer being more like 10 minutes, infinite score? Or leaving the kills at 100, but lowering the game time to 10 minutes?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably because the size of the map means the PP isn't so over powered.

Which makes it ironically more overpowered when the tracking ability of the projectile extends past RRR, while also meaning large maps can have the plasma bolt just track you over a long ass range with little in the way of basic avoidance in some areas (No cover), whereas you can completely miss in CQC because of a potential sharp change in altitude and the like. It's the most obnoxious thing on Sanc.

If 343I were to be generous enough to add some damn important HUD elements to Halo CE, it would be a perfect world. Playing 4v4 CE with @@Hard Way yesterday was so much fun, despite how often we played Dammy. It reminded me of the fun I had playing the Reach Anniversary playist settings. The 'real' thing in MCC is even so much more fun.

It is too bad the game has to be forced to be stuck in the past on purpose so as to further confirm the casual stereotype of it being 'old and outdated'.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which makes it ironically more overpowered when the tracking ability of the projectile extends past RRR, while also meaning large maps can have the plasma bolt just track you over a long ass range with little in the way of basic avoidance in some areas (No cover), whereas you can completely miss in CQC because of a potential sharp change in altitude and the like. It's the most obnoxious thing on Sanc.

No, because the longer range gives you more time to find cover if you're targeted and if you're running around in the open areas of that map then you're just as likely to die instantly to 4 BR's trained on you anyway.

There's no way the PP on Sanc is anywhere near as bad as BC for example, where it can be used to easily camp the portals or instantly negate the overshield on other maps.

Don't get me wrong, the PP is OP as hell in H2 and it should have received a nerf when they gutted the magnum, but it's no where near as bad on Sanctuary as other maps.

MLG had a pretty good track record of turning garbage default settings into a great competitive game despite no help from Bungie.

Reasoning for keeping the PP was probably to allow players to be more aggressive during pushes since the map was very team shot and sniper focused. The PP would allow a lone player to break through defences. Good call IMO despite hating the noob combo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its not even the amount of time the game lasts, its just the triple digit number that people freak out about.  For no real reason.   And no, quitters is not a REAL reason.  Plus CE has almost 0 hud, so with the lack of an in-game timer and score, it makes the progress seem slow.  People are so hung up on the number, they don't stop to think about whats best for that particular game and gametype. Something as simple as a listing of the gametype and score to win before the game starts would help i think.

How would people feel about 4v4 CE Slayer being more like 10 minutes, infinite score? Or leaving the kills at 100, but lowering the game time to 10 minutes?

i'd be alright with 12min or 15mins like the rest of the halo series. it doesn't have to be 20

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, because the longer range gives you more time to find cover if you're targeted and if you're running around in the open areas of that map then you're just as likely to die instantly to 4 BR's trained on you anyway.

There's no way the PP on Sanc is anywhere near as bad as BC for example, where it can be used to easily camp the portals or instantly negate the overshield on other maps.

Don't get me wrong, the PP is OP as hell in H2 and it should have received a nerf when they gutted the magnum, but it's no where near as bad on Sanctuary as other maps.

MLG had a pretty good track record of turning garbage default settings into a great competitive game despite no help from Bungie.

Reasoning for keeping the PP was probably to allow players to be more aggressive during pushes since the map was very team shot and sniper focused. The PP would allow a lone player to break through defences. Good call IMO despite hating the noob combo.

I said it was the most obnoxious thing on Sanc, not that that was where it specifically ruled. Slightly hard to get wording, but, basically, it sucks everywhere, bar being able to drain OS (Which is where I think they should've honed in its purpose). 

Should be replaced by dual Needlers.  :ace:

Should be replaced by dual Needlers. :ace:

As long as it is duel H5 Needlers.

Edit: I think that the Plasma Pistol has otherwise done a fine job at becoming the designated anti-shield weapon. Too bad in the latest 343I games you can't make OS one-shot.

Honestly the 100 kill thing is fine and it should stay the way it is on at least a couple maps in 4v4. Maybe the game timer should be less than it is though in case of long games. Plus it was cool seeing ogre 1 go 58 and 9 yesterday

If they added a proper hud it would make having differential scores to win less problematic.  75 on Dammy and 100 on HEH? why not.  If you look on the bottom of the screen and it has a "Score to win 50/75/100" that makes it easy.

Does anybody know what is used for UI elements now? Are devs still hanging onto scaleform even though it was shuttered?

If your game gets ruined by quitters, just quit. Nothing is on the line. No penalty is being enforced. Just quit.

I dont disagree with this, but I dont think 80-90% of the playlist's population is smart enough to catch on.

I'm interested in sustaining the playlist's population, and I would argue that reducing the number of quitters is necessary to achieving that (along with killing social slayer, but postum's head is too far up his ass for this to happen).

Since longer games tend to increase quit rates, I think shortening the game time will ensure postums doesnt remove CE 4v4 for whatever h3 playlist he has planned next.

The whole idea of TS 100 was to double the length of four minute games - I can get behind 8-10 minute timers for TS games and 12-15 minute timers for objective.

• Upvote (+1) 4

all these playlists look cool and all but I can only find people in social slayer. :/