CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't know what's the best place to put this, but I guess MCC is close enough. 

For anyone interested in the game dev industry, networking. - Halo Reach: Networking the gameplay

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Argument falls the fuck apart when you realize normal BTB outpopulates H3 BTB. So, you're straight wrongo, thereo. Besides, I love the ridiculous standard of "don't force us to play X". The fuck? Halo 3 has so many exclusive playlists to it they may as well be forcing US to play it. I like H2A and H4 dubs, and H4 FFA. Shit outta luck when H3 has the lucky emphasis on it for this game (Barring CE, but CE doubles isn't some new variant, just the original way to play), over a mix-tape, all games playlist. So I don't get my doubles, or FFA, while Halo 3 kids get a fucking exclusive playlist to themselves for it. I'm not legitimately angry about it, but the idea of you whining about being forced to play shit you don't want to is ridiculous when this shit happens to EVERYONE but you. If people want FFA, they are forced to play H3, if they want 2v2, they HAVE to play H3. The fuck outta here with that "I dun wanna be forced" crap, lmao.

There are way more people in Halo 3 BTB than the garbage BTB playlist. I have been grinding the playlist since the update and every time I search I am finding games in seconds and matching all kinds of different people. CE, H2A, and H4 BTB are garbage and nobody wants to play those. I like Halo 2 BTB, but it's not as good as Halo 3 BTB and Halo 2 PC is bad. The reason you love H4, H5, and H2A is because you like the huge auto aim and bullet magnetism in those and you get our-BRed in Halo 3 every time and blame your suckiness on the BR. And it's not luck that Halo 3 has the emphasis, it's that many thousands more want to play it because it's the best Halo.

If you only want to play Halo 3 go play fucking Halo 3.

Fuck no. I want to play Halo 3 BTB in 1080p 60 fps, on dedicated servers, and find matches within seconds.

A bit far fetched don’t you think? Although it’s not like anyone here can probe you wrong. The majority who own Mcc want h3. I gotta admit 343 or M$(whoever decides what games are coming) are the biggest fools. H3 is still popular today, and you know what people say mostly when they say they miss halo? It’s “I miss halo 3” a h3a(100% remastered) would be the biggest hit ever!

If MCC multiplayer was H3 only and everything BR start, it would easily make the top 10 most played Xbox One games. 

Ranked:

Head to Head (Bungie TU rules)

Lone Wolves

Doubles

Team Hardcore

Team Arena(slayer & objective)

Big Team Battle

SWAT

Grifball

Social:

Social Slayer

Social Big Team

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

There are way more people in Halo 3 BTB than the garbage BTB playlist. I have been grinding the playlist since the update and every time I search I am finding games in seconds and matching all kinds of different people. CE, H2A, and H4 BTB are garbage and nobody wants to play those. I like Halo 2 BTB, but it's not as good as Halo 3 BTB and Halo 2 PC is bad. The reason you love H4, H5, and H2A is because you like the huge auto aim and bullet magnetism in those and you get our-BRed in Halo 3 every time and blame your suckiness on the BR. And it's not luck that Halo 3 has the emphasis, it's that many thousands more want to play it because it's the best Halo.

Yes, because the argument I had had everything to do with skill. And isn't just a point saying the fact you do not want to be "forced" to play another game is weak when Halo 3 is literally the most catered to game here, and in essence forces people to play it for their favorite gametype, rather than what you're bitching about, which is the opposite. I could and might just put you on r/whoosh for that. 

And no, there aren't more searching H3 BTB than there are normal BTB. 343i's outright said playlist population statistics for the MCC. And while people may call them out for lying before, there doesn't seem to be that issue now, which is mishandling over a personal agenda. You're flat out wrong and only using an anecdote as a means to prove shit. Which means nothing.

But yeah, by all means go on about how Halo 3's the best based on an appeal to popularity. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

When I go into MCC I want to play games I never played online back in their day like Halo CE and Halo 2, and I'm sick of bigoted Halo 3 fanboys deciding I can't, so I don't think people dislike Halo 3's oversaturation or its BTB because they're bad at it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-playlist-update-9-26-18/5be6e591-609f-47d4-bdc0-5f08834c61cb/posts

3. Big team battle (cross game)

4. h3 btb

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Upvote (+1) 8

When I go into MCC I want to play games I never played online back in their day like Halo CE and Halo 2, and I'm sick of bigoted Halo 3 fanboys deciding I can't, so I don't think people dislike Halo 3's oversaturation or its BTB because they're bad at it.

I'm the same way. Though I also like playing H2A. In other words, I find myself preferring the games that I could not play back on 360. Because honestly, I have had my fill of the 360 Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm the same way. Though I also like playing H2A. In other words, I find myself preferring the games that I could not play back on 360. Because honestly, I have had my fill of the 360 Halo games.

You guys are fucking trash at Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah not releasing H3A looked stupid from the start. The decision isn't aging well either. I mean I love the first 3 games so MCC is important to me personally but how can you just not release a game for 4?+ years, fail to fix MCC in a remotely reasonable time frame and just ignore the fact that H3 kids are still into the game over ten years later in numbers that dwarf any other Halo game that isn't the absolute newest to the franchise. 

Bungie gave them a license to print money and they're just sitting on their hands destroying the franchise yearly instead of just putting up the easy buckets while they try to figure out their shit. Come on how easy would it have been to just remake H1, H2 and H3 individually compared to trying to make whatever they did with MCC. Move tons of units, hype people up between releases, and just generally be more successful. Its just free money between major releases with less investment from the company because the settings, maps, weapons, modes, options and playlists were already figured out for them. They already had Halo engines that work on the current generation of consoles they just had to put an appropriate paint job on it which is a lot of work but nothing compared to creating an entirely new game. This is maybe more of a shot at Microsoft than 343. Its not like they have some kind of insane quality standard that renders 343 the only trusted studio to remake games for them lol. Honestly the Halo franchise since 343 took over sets the low quality bar out of all games that I actually play. 

If they could've actually delivered on MCC this gap going to Infinite would still look bad but at least I wouldn't be sitting here getting somewhat let down by an MCC update that's years late. Unfortunately they didn't deliver with MCC and they have the giant gap between games. Worst of both worlds woo

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes I'm sure it's popularity has nothing to do with the fact that it was the first Halo game for a lot of people, regardless of how poorly it plays online.

• Upvote (+1) 4

see you say this, but imagine us having to play chiron or wizard 2v2s in ce dubs.

I am a major advocate of getting rid of social slayer.

I’ll play Wizard on a low weighting, no problem. And a ranked playlist wouldn’t have a Chiron equivalent ideally. H2 didn’t use Backwash and H3 didn’t use Epitaph in 4v4. A little discretion and moderation could yield a pretty fun playlist. Would it be so bad if we had to occasionally play a TS Ascension or a Gemini KotH with no radar? I don’t think so. I think removing radar does enough to make mediocre gametypes fun enough, as long as they’re weighted lower.

But yes, I agree that removing SS is the best solution.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The sole reason for this shambles existing is that at the time it was announced, Xbox One wasn't doing well. They needed something to help with sales, and what better than targeting lapsed, nostalgic Xbox fans? And as many of them as possible!

• Upvote (+1) 3

You know tons of people want a Xbox one versio or reach. It be amazing if M$ ported reach over to the Xbox one and gave it a 60fps update. And sold it for 30 bucks. Bet you tons would buy it too. I know lots who loved that game.

The sole reason for this shambles existing is that at the time it was announced, Xbox One wasn't doing well. They needed something to help with sales, and what better than targeting lapsed, nostalgic Xbox fans? And as many of them as possible!

you’re not wrong. I bought an Xbox one a month after mcc released. I heard of the game breaking issues but assumed it be fixed(how wrong I was). Right now all I would really want is a reach port to the Xbox one but not on the mcc. I mean an actual port but with a 60fps 1080 update. Maybe even dedicated servers.

I expressed this many times before the big update released that having both Arena and Hardcore playlists was an unnecessary, redundant idea.  The existence of ranked Halo 2 Arena has basically killed any chance Halo 2 Hardcore had at being a thriving or somewhat populated playlist.  It's a shame too because I feel like all the casuals that are scared of the word "Hardcore" would actually enjoy the 5 map rotation, with no Plasma Pistols (except Sanc), and no radar in 4v4 objective settings.  Hardcore should have just been called "H2 Arena" and all those other maps and non-competitive gametypes could have been played in a social environment.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, this is why they didn't make an H3A.  They are just slowing turning MCC into H3A and hoping that nobody will notice.

16 playlists....

343: "The only playlists with decent population are Social Slayer and every H3 list, so we are going to remove every other list"

Every fan that has paid attention to Halo playlist management over the last 15 years: "If you got rid of social slayer and culled/merged some of the overlapping lists you could take care of the whole problem"

343: "people will quit"

Everybody else: "Put in Veto and/or Mixtape"

343: meh, thats too much work.

Thats a shitton of sarcasm obviously, but in total seriousness this playlist management needs to get better.

Speaking of mixtape, how would you all design it?  Would you rather have it be list a list of playlists and you pick the ones you are willing to search? Or would you structure it so that its a mix of games, maps and gametypes?  I think i would want both.  When you you went to matchmaking there would be 4 options:

• Social Mixtape
  • Ranked Mixtape
  • Rotational 1
  • Rotational 2

social would have Team Size, Game and Gametype options.  No specific map options because that would be too complicated.  So for example, you could say "Today i want to play 4v4, H2 and H3 slayer and CTF only" Gametype options would be Slayer, CTF, Oddball, Bomb, KotH, Other

For ranked it would be a list of ranked playlists and you check the lists you want to search. So for me i would check CE dubs, H2C Hardcore, H2C Arena, H2A Arena assuming they kept the same list of ranked options.

Rotationals are just straight playlists.

Throw veto in there and some sort of progression and i think that would solve almost every problem.

• Upvote (+1) 4