CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think I played 8 games tonight. In half of these it turned into 1v4. The amount of quitters in this game is unbelievable. I'm quitting out of games I'm winning because I can't be bothered to look for the final player that just refuses to quit. 1v4 should be automatic game over.

Yep.  There should be a mercy rule for each gametype.

All games play for at least 4 minutes.  After 4 minutes if any of these conditions are met, the game is over. If a game has a "Conditional end" the team that is winning at that time is the winner.  If its a tie and the game ends due to quitters, the team with more players wins.

All Gametypes - If a team has <= 50% the number of players as the other team. (ie 2v4 or worse, 4v8 or worse) game would be over. OR

Slayer - One team has lead greater than 25% of the score to win (ie. if a slayer game is 12 to 25 when the score to win is 50

Flag - One team has a 2 cap lead and 25%+ more kills than the other team.

Oddball - One team has lead greater than 25% of the score to win

Hill - One team has lead greater than 25% of the score to win

One flag is thankfully already working as it should, skipping the last round if a team can't win.

Now the timing of the first check or the actual percentages could be tweaked.  And idk if you would want it to be a continual check after 4 minutes, or just once at 4 minutes. They also need to get rid of the quit penalty after the first player quits and COMMUNICATE THAT.  Halo 5 does this, but most people don't know because they don't read the community updates in depth or pay attention to the welcome messages.

Bungie catered to this group and now there's literally an entire group of Halo players that play Halo ONLY FOR SWAT.

Honestly, the same thing could be said for Team Slayer. I remember trying to play with some of my more casual friends, and how they were vehemently against playing anything BUT Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would hate it if there was an automatic mercy rule. Ive had so many games where ive been down by alot and came back for the win. The games not over till the announcer says it is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yep.  There should be a mercy rule for each gametype.

All games play for at least 4 minutes.  After 4 minutes if any of these conditions are met, the game is over. If a game has a "Conditional end" the team that is winning at that time is the winner.  If its a tie and the game ends due to quitters, the team with more players wins.

All Gametypes - If a team has <= 50% the number of players as the other team. (ie 2v4 or worse, 4v8 or worse) game would be over. OR

Slayer - One team has lead greater than 25% of the score to win (ie. if a slayer game is 12 to 25 when the score to win is 50

Flag - One team has a 2 cap lead and 25%+ more kills than the other team.

Oddball - One team has lead greater than 25% of the score to win

Hill - One team has lead greater than 25% of the score to win

One flag is thankfully already working as it should, skipping the last round if a team can't win.

Now the timing of the first check or the actual percentages could be tweaked.  And idk if you would want it to be a continual check after 4 minutes, or just once at 4 minutes. They also need to get rid of the quit penalty after the first player quits and COMMUNICATE THAT.  Halo 5 does this, but most people don't know because they don't read the community updates in depth or pay attention to the welcome messages.

I think this takes things a bit too far. Mercy should come into effect after 25% of the team quits and then it should be a vote with majority wins (unanimous would be prefered, but we all know griefers would abuse the shit out of that). I also don't understand the time limit. If some idiot quits after a minute I just want to take the L and find a new game asap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Current playlists with the lowest population.

If they remove CE Dubs and H2 HC there will literally be no reason for me and many of the people I play with to have this game installed on my Xbox.  These people at 343 really don't get it man.  Why do they hate classic competitive Halo so much?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not down for any kind of automatic mercy rule that denies a chance to come back, especially if no one has even quit. I am all about some vote to forfeit though. 

1v4 TS is really bad though, when that guy just won't leave. Maybe that's the exception. If you're both down 20 or more kills and you're the last guy, game over.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think this takes things a bit too far. Mercy should come into effect after 25% of the team quits and then it should be a vote with majority wins (unanimous would be prefered, but we all know griefers would abuse the shit out of that). I also don't understand the time limit. If some idiot quits after a minute I just want to take the L and find a new game asap.

I'm not down for any kind of automatic mercy rule that denies a chance to come back, especially if no one has even quit. I am all about some vote to forfeit though. 

1v4 TS is really bad though, when that guy just won't leave. Maybe that's the exception. If you're both down 20 or more kills and you're the last guy, game over.

My idea is admittedly super-aggressive, but i kind of based it off my experience in MCC with some made up numbers.  I was forcing a time limit to try to dissuade people from abusing the system to derank, plus some games start off pretty fast for one team or another then level out and get more competitive.

If they could auto-kick players in game that are AFK for more than 2 minutes instead of after the game is over, then use those parameters i mentioned before as the triggers to enable a "Forfeit Match?" option on the pause menu, with a second prompt that appears on screen at the 35-40% "losing by" mark that would probably be ideal.  Forcing a mercy would still be good if you have half the number of teammates as the other team AND are losing badly though.

All the H3 shitters were supposed to move on to the H3 remaster, instead now they are getting ANOTHER H3  :D

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now all of these may not be perma playlists in MCC, but I'm pretty sure they're all in H5 which also has population issues.

Halo 5 isn't a mix of 5 different games. You said it yourself that MCC's problems aren't even those specific modes, so why is that even being brought up? It's the unnecessary extra game specific playlists that aren't needed.

What's frustrating is that I search the CE 2's playlist solo a lot, and it takes forever to find a game. A lot of times I'll jump over to the 4v4 CE list just to get a game, which effectively lowers the population on 2's list even more. It's a reinforcing loop. They need to do something about the search parameters on the 2v2 list to ensure you're finding games quickly, even if the the ranks are dramatically different. 

Personally, I think once your rank is 15 or above in the CE list, you should be matched with anyone from 10 to 50.  

What's frustrating is that I search the CE 2's playlist solo a lot, and it takes forever to find a game. A lot of times I'll jump over to the 4v4 CE list just to get a game, which effectively lowers the population on 2's list even more. It's a reinforcing loop. They need to do something about the search parameters on the 2v2 list to ensure you're finding games quickly, even if the the ranks are dramatically different. 

Personally, I think once your rank is 15 or above in the CE list, you should be matched with anyone from 10 to 50.  

Riding off of this, unfortunately, any time spent remodeling the CE4v4 playlist only going to make the CE2v2 playlist suffer. With the current CE population, the 4v4 playlist has essentially killed solo 2s for me. I also search solo most of the time and after 10-15 minutes of searches this past weekend, I gave up. And since the reset, if I do wait it out and find a game, I'm either playing with complete beginners or someone quits. I can't recall an actual competitive game I've had while solo searching since the update happened.

Jumping into the 4s playlist for a game and stomping people who can barely walk, let alone strafe, is not fun to me. It it a strange problem that's specific to these games but I just don't see a world where both of these playlists are going to survive. If anything, doubles (the main reason to play CE) is going to get the axe. 

I just hate that they are putting a limit on playlists just so we don't have to scroll. 

Making use of all the dead space on the screen is too hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’m thinking about typing up a PSA for Reddit/waypoint etc to help people that are going into the CE playlists blind. There are just an INSANE amount of people that look like they’ve never held a controller before playing these playlists, and they get obliterated by people with even modest knowledge of the game. So of course they get frustrated and never play again. I just want to put up some basic expectations somewhere where people might see it before they play. @@EagleBurn are you still a mod on r/Halo?

1/100000 who needs to see it will see it

I randomly partied up with snickerdoodle in H5 recently and we friended each other. I'm gonna see if she can help me with exposure and rules so it can maybe get some eyeballs on the MCC forum on waypoint.

I randomly partied up with snickerdoodle in H5 recently and we friended each other. I'm gonna see if she can help me with exposure and rules so it can maybe get some eyeballs on the MCC forum on waypoint.

Isn't she the same Waypoint mod that locked your post about not understanding AR/SMG start supporters?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why not just replace the current H3 Team Doubles? 

More h3 cause screw every other Halo game!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Interesting that somehow the custom in the 2v2 playlist gives camo and os lol. Honestly don't even know how that happens

god bless. Tho i'd probably prefer that.

Well done on 343s part to advertise Dreamhack Atlanta in the description of the H3 Doubles Hardcore playlist. The more in game promotion for events and tournaments, the better. 

• Upvote (+1) 4