CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ok ce Mcc hit reg is fucking garbage. Shoot a guy 7 times doesn’t die. This game wasn’t meant for online play.

Mine has been excellent since the last update. Make sure you’re shooting with the edge of your reticle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For me it was pretty good before the update, but it's been almost unplayable since the update.

shooting felt weird when i played saturday night. couldve been connection, couldve been the amount of alcohol i had consumed. not ready to draw conclusions yet. How are people timing when the gametype is pretty much hidden until it starts? old school just by memory?

Why can I hear people on the other team talking ingame

There's two voice settings for MCC. Team only and everyone. You can only hear people using Team only if they are using that setting, and on your team.

You can only hear everyone if they are also using that setting.

• Downvote (-1) 1

so because the game has more players in a region the other players should suffer even though there is an equal amount of the players in the game? makes sense

you can tell you never have to play above 30 ping lol

oh yes I have

shooting felt weird when i played saturday night. couldve been connection, couldve been the amount of alcohol i had consumed. not ready to draw conclusions yet. How are people timing when the gametype is pretty much hidden until it starts? old school just by memory?

I just use the slayer settings for everything, and just remember the differences. Most of the obj gametypes still have the same times as their slayer counterparts, but the item layout might be different. In fact, the only one with different times I can even think of is Wizard CTF, where the powerups spawn every 3 minutes instead of 1. Even still, as long as I can see a clock and divide by 3, I'm gucci.

Also, do yourself a favor and stop timing sniper if you still are (unless it's Blood Gulch). It's just noise clutter. Might as well be timing PR.

I just use the slayer settings for everything, and just remember the differences. Most of the obj gametypes still have the same times as their slayer counterparts, but the item layout might be different. In fact, the only one with different times I can even think of is Wizard CTF, where the powerups spawn every 3 minutes instead of 1. Even still, as long as I can see a clock and divide by 3, I'm gucci.

Also, do yourself a favor and stop timing sniper if you still are (unless it's Blood Gulch). It's just noise clutter. Might as well be timing PR.

dude prisoner is such a bad map for 4s. Should of listed certain maps only. And this hit reg is straight garbage wtf.

I have had a good experience with the 50 plus games Ive had regarding ce hit registration. My main issue is quitters. I would say half my games someone quits.

I say bring back 50 kill limit till there is a better solution.

oh yes I have

obviously not otherwise you wouldn't want every non american player to be forced to play on foreign servers

Mine has been excellent since the last update. Make sure you’re shooting with the edge of your reticle.

this aint og. My best results are when my crosshair is directly centered lol

Has anyone else had a hard crash?

I just played a game on Prisoner, was about 30 kills in and my Xbox completely froze and audio was making the BSOD buzzing sound. After a few seconds it crashed to the dashboard.

with the edge?

Yes. If they’re moving forward, backward, or sitting still, aim with the bottom. Moving left, aim with the right. Moving right, aim with the left. You get more bullet magnetism with the edges. Don’t ask me why but it’s true.

this aint og. My best results are when my crosshair is directly centered lol

My left and right have been really effective. Straight on hasn’t been as effective. I might try aiming a little lower tomorrow.

Quote from Resetera:

"What a shame.. The settings for Oddball and Team Slayer in the 4v4 CE playlist turns me off from that playlist. 4v4 TS to 100 kills is wack and so are the settings they have for Oddball.

Guess I'll just wait for the Customs Browser and stick to BTB."

Shallow casual or legit opinions?

100 kills is perfect until people quit. Quitting is the problem, not the score limit. An 8 minute game is not too long. People are crazy for thinking that.

Oddball currently has 5 second respawns. Everyone should be upset about that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

100 kills is perfect until people quit. Quitting is the problem, not the score limit. An 8 minute game is not too long. People are crazy for thinking that.

I would be fine with them making it 75 kills to win until they get the quitting under control.  5 second objective respawns is unacceptable though.  It kind of shows that the QA people don't know shit about Halo, frankly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has anyone else had a hard crash?

I just played a game on Prisoner, was about 30 kills in and my Xbox completely froze and audio was making the BSOD buzzing sound. After a few seconds it crashed to the dashboard.

I haven’t but it’s been happening to my friend. A bit different than yours. His box completely shuts off. Only happens on MCC. Original XboxOne

Yes. If they’re moving forward, backward, or sitting still, aim with the bottom. Moving left, aim with the right. Moving right, aim with the left. You get more bullet magnetism with the edges. Don’t ask me why but it’s true.

that’s the stupidest aiming system I ever heard.

that’s the stupidest aiming system I ever heard.

Have you played Halo 3 or Halo 5?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yes, but unfortunately I don't think 343 CAN fix the quitting problem.

Any solution to prevent quitting just won't work with a tiny population.

What can we do? Give 24 hour suspensions for quitters? They'll instantly uninstall and go back to playing Fortnite and then the game has even less players.

Most the reasons for quitters is probably caused by the ridiculous skill difference between players.

I've literally watched players run around HeH with the AR as a primary weapon.

Hell, half the time I'm HAPPY when my team mates quit in Halo 1. They just go negative 20 and hide in corners giving the worst spawns. Can you really blame them for quitting a game they literally spend 80% of the game looking at a death screen while getting spawn camped?

I think a compromise wouldn't be a bad idea. 75 kills for small maps and 50 for maps that play slower.

Unfortunately you've got to design these settings around the lowest common denominator.

Having the playlist be ranked would be nice, but it's already hard enough to find games in as it is.