FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

xbc leading would be preferable to what we currently have on mcc ce. at least then rockets would be power weapons again. sniper is considered a power weapon on maps now instead of just an on map pickup. camo is way stronger and rockets even weaker. 

Halo 2 is still hilariously broken in a lot of the same areas. Just like before the relaunch.

The BR works well now online, but with every other weapon shots often magnetise away from targets so hitting them is impossible. On the Ghost and Banshee it's so bad they will be directly in front of you while your bullets curve around them. Still a ton of audio issues in Campaign like no quotes playing via radio like they should, ambient tracks not playing or playing quieter in remastered graphics, the audio mixing is just poor all around. I had to change my sound settings just so that dialogue would play in Gravemind's opening cutscene (it's ironic how he was the only one playing dialogue).

The Brute Shot and Rocket Launcher also like to randomly lose all splash damage on enemies and only deals it to you. I once fired right behind my opponent with rockets and it just drained all my shields so he could finish me with melee.

He took no damage even though the blast was close enough to drain my own shields.

The kill count increase for CE would be great if you didn't have to worry about quitters in it all the time. At least half of the games I played since the patch of CE drag on forever because the other team just runs around with ARs getting dumped on until they quit except for one guy who will stay no matter what.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The kill count increase for CE would be great if you didn't have to worry about quitters in it all the time. At least half of the games I played since the patch of CE drag on forever because the other team just runs around with ARs getting dumped on until they quit except for one guy who will stay no matter what.

welcome to every social playlist. Happens just as much in btb h3 or mixed except now its 6-8 people suffering instead of 4

There needs to be quit penalties. Start at a 15min ban for quitting out of a game if ur the first or 2nd person to. No bans for 3rd/4th and/or add a mercy vote. Doing so again in 24hours results in an hour ban. Doing so again is a day. If u do 2+ quits in a day, the next day u only need 1 to hit one hour.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like the mercy vote. I also think there needs to be a harsher quit penalty. First time hr second time day. I understand some people lose connection but 99 percent of these quits are not the case.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When people quit it should just lock their MCC into displaying a message explaining why they're banned from matchmaking for the duration of the ban.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quiting needs to be punished much more harshly I agree. People who quit CE matches need an instant 3 day ban if they physically select the 'quit' button. Kinda where I stand right about now.

I just don't know if people should constantly insta-quit CE and be allowed to play Halo.

* Lock people out of MM for the duration of the game and allow 2-3 minutes to reconnect to the same match (should be easy since we're playing 100% on dedis according to 343)

* progressively harsher quit bans ranging from 15 minutes up to 3 days. Lock them out of customs as well while we're at it

* add a progression system and deduct XP for quitting. Quitting should do severe damage to player ranks in ranked playlists as well

* only the first player gets the full punishment, the 2nd gets a small one and the rest can surrender/mercy

• Upvote (+1) 4

An optional join in progress would solve this too, but you'd need to incentivize people to toggle it on, and to do that you'd need a progression system. It'd also be a good idea to add an achievement for winning X number of games you joined into where your team was losing.

Perfect execution would include an optional join in progress that showed you a window into the game it picked for you, showing the map/gametype, current score, how many people are on each team, and what team you'd be put on. Once you have that information, you can choose to accept and play for an XP boost, or you can choose to keep searching.

Quit penalties sound nice, and they should exist, but the real way you solve this problem is by incentivizing people to stay with something positive instead of threatening something negative. A progression system is absolutely necessary to solve this problem.

• Upvote (+1) 7

well the region lock lift has killed 2v2 ce playlist for me, american server every single game =/

would be nice to have a max ping setting such as cs has.

This game needs mixtape, veto and proper progression badly.

Quitters should at least have to sit out for however long was left in the game. If they QTB they should be put back into the game they quit as soon as they start up.

This is all pie in the sky I'm sure and hard to integrate that into 5 different games but it sure would be nice...

• Upvote (+1) 2

well the region lock lift has killed 2v2 ce playlist for me, american server every single game =/

would be nice to have a max ping setting such as cs has.

a max ping setting is basically just region lock. Look this is halo, it’s dominant in America. This isn’t counter strike where it’s dominated by mostly Europe.

a max ping setting is basically just region lock. Look this is halo, it’s dominant in America. This isn’t counter strike where it’s dominated by mostly Europe.

I mean, i guess that depends what you would set the ping to lol.  I live in East US and can get a ping below 150 for 5 different azure datacenters in Europe. I am now an options to play against that i wasn't before.  150 gives you a noticeable delay for sure, but as long as the connection is clean its better than not playing.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME SORT OF FUCKING SEARCH PREFERENCES OPTIONS.

I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE WE HAVE TO ASK FOR THIS SHIT AGAIN, WAS THE DEMAND FOR IT IN HALO 5 NOT ENOUGH THAT THEY WOULD INCLUDE IT IN FUTURE GAMES AND PROJECTS?

FUCKING SEARCH PARAMETERS PLEASE 

• Upvote (+1) 2

150 gives you a noticeable delay for sure, but as long as the connection is clean its better than not playing.  

speak for yourself. i'd rather sit out if the ping is over 100 unless it's infection. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME SORT OF FUCKING SEARCH PREFERENCES OPTIONS.

I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE WE HAVE TO ASK FOR THIS SHIT AGAIN, WAS THE DEMAND FOR IT IN HALO 5 NOT ENOUGH THAT THEY WOULD INCLUDE IT IN FUTURE GAMES AND PROJECTS?

FUCKING SEARCH PARAMETERS PLEASE

To be fair, H5's search parameters are fucking useless, because you need to run expanded in basically all playlists to get a match. The last time these did anything was Halo 3.

speak for yourself. i'd rather sit out if the ping is over 100 unless it's infection. 

Then if you are anywhere other than the continental US, you'll be sitting a lot.  

Then if you are anywhere other than the continental US, you'll be sitting a lot.

yeah because it’s halo. In most games that didn’t fuck themselves in the ass (h4-5) then Europeans could probably find games. But other than that, halo has never been popular anyway in Australia, let alone a country like japan. This is why halo needs to be on pc. There’s more gamers in Europe and other countries than America via pc. You’ll find there is more console gamers out here yes, but then we can have cross play gaming. And anyone who’s played halo online knows the advantages of mouse vs controller aren’t really there halo wise. I honestly believe pc would give halo a huge population increase. M$ needs to get a clue and realize halo isn’t a console seller anymore. Blame 343 for releasing 2 games that sucked! And 1 game that was broken!

PC in general is just way more popular now for lots of different reasons.

Moore's Law is dead. I can play latest games on a CPU from 2011.

Steam and other distribution platforms have made buying games cheap and easy and always kept up to date.

Consoles no longer have advantages they once did.

You buy a game and have to download a patch so big it takes a day to download.

Games require like 20% of your Xboxes HDD.

You buy a console and then 2 years later there's a new one with better hardware.

At this point you might as well just buy a PC you can use for work and play.

Also, lol at mouse not having a big advantage in Halo... Just wait.

no it isn't, 90 ping is playable, 150 is not

also why must the server always be american when there are the same amount of europeans in the game?

It's baffling how consoles have given up all their advantages within one generation. If I wasn't in stockholm-syndrome esque relationship with the Halo franchise I would have never bought an Xbox One and it's probably the last console I'm ever gonna buy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

no it isn't, 90 ping is playable, 150 is not

also why must the server always be american when there are the same amount of europeans in the game?

because Halo is dominant in Americans

because Halo is dominant in Americans

so because the game has more players in a region the other players should suffer even though there is an equal amount of the players in the game? makes sense

you can tell you never have to play above 30 ping lol