FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The difference between playing now compared to when it was region locked is night and day. Played the other night and all but one game shots were super inconsistent. Sometimes I was one shot eating and sometimes I put 3 shots into a guy who was absolute and he just sprayed blood everywhere.

I played a couple games of CE in the 4v4 playlist and hit reg didn't feel any better. Still inconsistent and people eating 6 shots and auto TSK everyone

I played a couple games of CE in the 4v4 playlist and hit reg didn't feel any better. Still inconsistent and people eating 6 shots and auto TSK everyone

Yep, CE hit reg feels exactly the same on my end, too. Not sure what people are talking about.

I'm an advocate for 100 TS slayer, it's just with quitters, 75 would be better. But i'd rather the quitting problem be solved. I think once people grow accustomed to the new settings, there will be less quitters. when things deviate from the norm, people get upset. people searching ce 1month from now will not what to expect and won't be as bothered with any gametype/setting so there will be less quitters. 

I like 100 kills on some maps, but on others it feels like too much. Derelict, Wizard and maybe Prisoner it makes sense but on maps like Damnation games can draw out for an eternity. I think it should be based on each map. 50 for Damnation, 75 for HeH, 100 for Wizard, etc.

Best way would be to get average game times on each maps and then try to get them all to last roughly 7-8 minutes or something, that's probably the sweet spot for the average TS game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The game no longer records your best spree in the stats for HCE, how is this shit so difficult for them? It's hard to care about their next halo with all these red flags waving everywhere I look.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The game no longer records your best spree in the stats for HCE, how is this shit so difficult for them? It's hard to care about their next halo with all these red flags waving everywhere I look.

It never showed best spree in CE.

This game has got even worse since the latest update. Connections are an embarrassment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Keep in mind, I haven't played the latest update yet. Listening to other people talk though, it's so weird that the game seems to work for a little while then everybody complains about it again. Just the other day I kept hearing of people saying how great the game felt, how most shots were registering, etc. Then today I check the forums and everything is apparently bad again.

Similar to when the game launched and 343 said they had no idea everything was going to crash with the influx of players. It's almost like there's a background process that runs when players connect, and then after several thousand connections the servers grind to a halt and connection feels bad again.

I'm not suggesting this is actually what's happening, I'm sure 343 has systems in place to check for something like that and with the rigorous approvals that builds would need to go through I doubt something so simple would make it past testing. But it seems weird to me that people are only happy for a day or two after a patch is released.

CE 4v4 is crazy as hell. To win a game 100-97 I had to go +30 with 54 kills lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 2

100 kills 4v4, bruh why didn’t you just suggest 75? 100 kill games take forever.

If no one quits, it takes about 8-10 minutes, which is pretty average across the Halo series.

2v2 is played to 50 in H1 and played to 25 in every other Halo game. So if you double the player count, you double the kill count. Again, pretty standard stuff across the history of Halo.

It only feels long because you either had quitters, or you're just used to playing 4 minute long games to 50. Yes, FOUR minutes. That's why we did 100 kills.

If no one quits, it takes about 8-10 minutes, which is pretty average across the Halo series.

2v2 is played to 50 in H1 and played to 25 in every other Halo game. So if you double the player count, you double the kill count. Again, pretty standard stuff across the history of Halo.

It only feels long because you either had quitters, or you're just used to playing 4 minute long games to 50. Yes, FOUR minutes. That's why we did 100 kills.

lol I’m the guy going 20+ kills a damn game, so of course my games are full of quitters.

Keep in mind, I haven't played the latest update yet. Listening to other people talk though, it's so weird that the game seems to work for a little while then everybody complains about it again. Just the other day I kept hearing of people saying how great the game felt, how most shots were registering, etc. Then today I check the forums and everything is apparently bad again.

Similar to when the game launched and 343 said they had no idea everything was going to crash with the influx of players. It's almost like there's a background process that runs when players connect, and then after several thousand connections the servers grind to a halt and connection feels bad again.

I'm not suggesting this is actually what's happening, I'm sure 343 has systems in place to check for something like that and with the rigorous approvals that builds would need to go through I doubt something so simple would make it past testing. But it seems weird to me that people are only happy for a day or two after a patch is released.

I can't speak for anything but halo 1. The shooting unquestionably has improved with the patch that just came out. The bullet redirection issue has finally been fixed. If you aren't aware of what it looks like visit this: http://halobugs.com/#?b=124. The thing is, it didn't just impact shooting people when they were peaking from behind walls. Prior to this update when you had to lead your shots the bullets would frequently get redirected away from where you intended the shot to go. So leading was completely fucked. 

On a related note, Ive always thought it was kind of funny how people would compain about shot reg in h2/3. At least those games didn't have bad shot reg AND have your bullets get redirected away from where you aimed. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

lol I’m the guy going 20+ kills a damn game, so of course my games are full of quitters.

Everyone’s are, Ace.

I can't speak for anything but halo 1. The shooting unquestionably has improved with the patch that just came out. The bullet redirection issue has finally been fixed. If you aren't aware of what it looks like visit this: http://halobugs.com/#?b=124. The thing is, it didn't just impact shooting people when they were peaking from behind walls. Prior to this update when you had to lead your shots the bullets would frequently get redirected away from where you intended the shot to go. So leading was completely fucked.

On a related note, Ive always thought it was kind of funny how people would compain about shot reg in h2/3. At least those games didn't have bad shot reg AND have your bullets get redirected away from where you aimed.

Awesome! I'm really glad to hear H1 still feels good. The doom and gloom around here made me worried. I should have brought this up in my previous post, but the other potential explanation is that people don't remember how bad it used to be and are upset it's still not incredible.

H1 was the one I wanted to be fixed the most, so this is great news.

+20? That's cute

stfu lol, that’s just the average. Most my enemies are dogshit, and quit so there’s one guy left and I just quit because it’s that asshole who refuses to quit no matter what.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Shooting still feels like pretty bad in CE. 6 shots into someone walking in a straight line with no OS is actually hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hear so many complaints about Halo 1 rego, but seems a lot of people forget the game was never designed for online and you used to have to lead your targets EVEN ON LAN. On XBC you had to lead by a metre.

Maybe it's not perfect, but if you had the REAL original Xbox experience the game would pretty much be unplayable online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think anyone wants the "OG experience" with regard to connection, so much as they just want their shots to go where they're aiming. 

• Upvote (+1) 4