CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yea, that’s the bug according to him.

lmao hire some better bug testers

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wait wait wait... Worse than this?

Edit:. BTW this is from weeks ago so it's supposed to be fixed.

Wait...?

No individual bugs like the bugs from www.halobugs.com have been addressed for Halo 1 yet...but 343 tried to fix unbroken shit like names by making them red...while ignoring the actual broken shit.

Now we have broken red names floating around the screen that weren't broken in the first place?

• Upvote (+1) 5

This company is an absolute embarrassment. Sometimes I feel ashamed that I’m still trying to hang on to this franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Lol it’s not quite THAT strong. But the AR would be a good indicator for how good the hit reg is.

Haha yeah, I'm aware. At least as far as accuracy goes. The CE AR can kill in just 15-16 bullets. The H5 launch SMG also killed in 15 bodyshots, but ridiculous accuracy and headshot multipliers bringing it down to about 12 bullets obviously made it OP. Nowadays it kills in 19-20 bodyshots, which would probably be a bit more reliable average AR kill in CE anyways.

Wait...?

No individual bugs like the bugs from www.halobugs.com have been addressed for Halo 1 yet...but 343 tried to fix unbroken shit like names by making them red...while ignoring the actual broken shit.

Now we have broken red names floating around the screen that weren't broken in the first place?

This is a quote from the long-form update that links to 2 pages from Halobugs.com that they say they have fixed:

Pesky Behavior

Back to Halo 1…more recently I addressed some outstanding issues relating to certain undesirable gameplay behaviors in multiplayer. This includes some obscure issues like “bullet redirection” (http://halobugs.com/#?b=124 ) and Rockets misbehaving (http://halobugs.com/#?b=154). While I can’t go into exact details, some changes had been made many moons ago in an attempt to improve Halo 1’s networking experience. For those of you not in the know, MCC’s Halo 1 networking is based on Halo PC’s which is in no way based on what’s used in Halo 2 and onward. So it doesn’t really hold up to the tests of time and is not something we can simply address by integrating some changes from a later Halo game.

The aforementioned bugs plus a handful of others ended up being downstream problems from some systemic changes, which with some new fixes in place no longer exist or are not exercised. While we’re not claiming Halo 1’s multiplayer is all of a sudden going to feel golden-everything-is-fixed-pack-it-up-we-can-go-home, we feel pretty confident (based on lab and in-the-wild testing) that the overall experience will feel better and more consistent.

Those are 2 big ones that affect many gunfights.  Hopefully they are actually good fixes.  We shall see.  Put down the pitchfork.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ok are people actually having huge problems with H1 or just piling on to assumptions without having tried it?

Shooting is in the best place it has been since the game launched. Nothing but complaining. I don't get you (the people who are whining).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shooting is in the best place it has been since the game launched. Nothing but complaining. I don't get you (the people who are whining).

Thank you. I was hoping that was the case. People need to chiiiiiiiillllllllll.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't played, I just think it's obnoxious they changed the names for essentially no reason. I want to play but it's exam time for me so it'll have to wait till saturday. 

You know I’m going to be an asshole and just say it’s UK and Australian players fault for not finding games. No one in your damn county’s play halo let alone console, I could give a Rats ass if you can find games or not because I don’t want someone in my game with 200+ ping.

• Downvote (-1) 10

I'm just glad that all 150 of the people that are actively playing H1 get to enjoy the new hit registration in 15 minute long 4v4 games. Super dope. Thanks for segmenting an already dwindling community. Solo playing 2s is no longer a viable option unless you dedicate some serious search time to it.

Thanks but no thanks.

Shooting feels good shotty works again pistol feels legit. Its enough for me to play some 4s.

You know I’m going to be an asshole and just say it’s UK and Australian players fault for not finding games. No one in your damn county’s play halo let alone console, I could give a Rats ass if you can find games or not because I don’t want someone in my game with 200+ ping.

lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is it in relation to the original?

Maybe this is just me thinking with my programmer brain, but it seems like a lot of the bugs introduced in CE (anti-aim, red names, etc), or honestly just MCC in general, are due to them adding code that's not necessary lol... I'm not sure how these things exist within functionality that wasn't broken to begin with.

How is it in relation to the original?

It feels like playing Halo PC on a low ping server most of the time — at least from the handful of games I played this evening. It’s more comparable to that than original Halo CE.

So, as for region locking bullshit?

I've been playing between roughly 1pm Sydney to 3pm. Actually getting games fairly quickly in H1 4v4. Searching solo if that makes a difference, not sure.

Whether or not I'll find games during 7pm onwards will be interesting though.

I'm pretty happy, although holy shit, how are there still people playing Halo 1 that don't know the basics? I've had games end where team mates have been lucky to have a single fucking kill.

Quitters and AFK still an issue.

Whew, you must've missed Ogre2's hissy fit this morning. Over red names, no less, lel. Was golden.

Link to VoD?

Can't imagine why red names would annoy anyone. It's a pointless change, but fuck it, if I have to put up with red names in order to play Halo 1 online then I'll do it.

lol, get fucked.

I've actually been finding games all day today and my back is almost broken from trying to carry your Yank friends that can barely walk and aim at the same time. I'm putting up figures of +20 while team mates go -20. On 200+ ping mind you.

You wouldn't even realise if there was people with high latency in the game. Could very well be your team mate carrying your ass is actually doing it while playing on garbage latency. You're welcome.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Link to VoD?

Can't imagine why red names would annoy anyone. It's a pointless change, but fuck it, if I have to put up with red names in order to play Halo 1 online then I'll do it.

Should be his second to most recent stream, but I don't have it on hand. The glitch (As I think you know) was the name appearing wayyyy above someone's head. Ogre had a fit about that. First CE game after updating. It literally didn't impact shit and the man figuratively cried like a 6 year old, and just wouldn't stop ranting about it.