FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What fixes are they deploying?

Halo 1 patch notes:

- Added the lip back to hang 'em high

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Jay, no patch notes yet. Rumors of better hit detection. Shooting should feel better. I'm also hopeful for more changes to the H1 4v4 playlist to bring it more in line with my proposal. Hopefully they've had time to make/deploy the new gametypes, and patch in the 100 kill limit (and hopefully took the initiative and made a 200 kill limit for BTB, even though we didn't explicitly ask for it).

Also, lmao at Cursed Lemon

• Upvote (+1) 1

They really need to sort out region lock because I can longer find any fucking games in HCE doubles or Arena in the late evening (yes, mad). If I play with an American friend, I find games almost instantaneously. I can't believe the population in Europe and the UK is so low, or maybe the servers are messed up.

Any regular American CE players feel free to add me - Lewy Mac 89 (above average player). I'd love to be able to actually, you know, play the game without waiting 30 fucking minutes in matchmaking.

Can any european get a single game in h3 mlg/arena? If so what level/time are you searching? Cannot find anything in those playlists whatsoever.

It's taken me up to about 20 minutes to find a game in Halo 2 Hardcore around rank 15. This happened a few nights and is usually around 9-10pm EST.

I know before the update Matchmaking ranks were broken and 50's could match 1's. Did they tighten up the parameters?

It's taken me up to about 20 minutes to find a game in Halo 2 Hardcore around rank 15. This happened a few nights and is usually around 9-10pm EST.

I know before the update Matchmaking ranks were broken and 50's could match 1's. Did they tighten up the parameters?

Unless they changed it again, the rule I heard was that you can only match within ten levels of your rank, period.

So if you're rank 15, you can match between 5 and 25, and even if you wait an hour you will not match anybody outside of that.

Unless they changed it again, the rule I heard was that you can only match within ten levels of your rank, period.

So if you're rank 15, you can match between 5 and 25, and even if you wait an hour you will not match anybody outside of that.

I think this is certainly better than 1's matching 50's. I don't think I've even noticed someone 10 levels higher than me yet but probably closer towards 7.

Is there anyone here that is a high rank in H2 Hardcore? I'm wondering if there is a more active skill bracket I need to work my way into.

20s can match 40-50s still.

I think this is certainly better than 1's matching 50's. I don't think I've even noticed someone 10 levels higher than me yet but probably closer towards 7.

Is there anyone here that is a high rank in H2 Hardcore? I'm wondering if there is a more active skill bracket I need to work my way into.

being level 11-19 is the best level for searching.

being level 11-19 is the best level for searching.

Searched hardcore at 2pm, 6pm, 11pm, 2am, not a single game =/, stuck playing with radars and equipment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya know, if Reach MCC ever ends up being a thing, I sure hope they choose Anniversary MP over Vanilla or TU. I remember really enjoying Anniversary BTB, and how the DMR and Magnum were able to fill their own respective roles. Compared to the base game, where the DMR was always a straight upgrade to the Magnum.

That, or ZBNS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unpopular opinion but CE BTB is awful for the most part. Slayer is ass because you're almost guaranteed to get spawntrapped because someone doesn't move and 343 is too inept to make it 100 kills to win.

CTF is decent on a few maps, but most suck as well and the spawns are god awful most of the time. Most maps are too big (the PC maps) too open (Blood Gulch) or just downright stupid (Danger Canyon) Vehicles are awkward as fuck to handle. CE does a lot of things right but BTB is not one of them.

Aside from the spawntrapping I think it's a solid casual experience because of just how wacky everything is and how good you are off spawn. Then there's the fact almost no one understands how CE BTB works these says and it's a treat because some of craziest, most unpredictable matches happen and you can fight back just about any setup the other team has with well-placed shots and the game shifts wildly back and forth.

I'm biased. I like the casual solo capping in CTF and just doing other stupid things with the flag still glued to you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

20s can match 40-50s still.

Huh, I wonder if that's a bug then. I double checked the waypoint blog and they definitely said it's supposed to be within ten levels. Regardless, I appreciate the information.

Radar, touch return, AND flag at home to score on Ice Fields...no thank you...

Maybe if they had ANY restraint with vehicles, it'd be good. But let's just have a million tanks, so that we don't need to value them, and completely neutralize viable warthog/ghost play.

It could be fun, but it's not.

Searched hardcore at 2pm, 6pm, 11pm, 2am, not a single game =/, stuck playing with radars and equipment.

I honestly have never had trouble getting a game in Hardcore, that's strange.

Can any european get a single game in h3 mlg/arena? If so what level/time are you searching? Cannot find anything in those playlists whatsoever.

UK here, can't find games in H3 hardcore. Long search times in other playlists too

So what is the consensus here? The MCC update made the game even worse?

Overall stability and matchmaking improved, but the region lock, shitty servers and awful playlist management killed the hype pretty quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm really curious to see if any of the CE registration updates actually improve things. If that happens, CE will be in a pretty darn good place. Glad to see they are fixing a few of the other issues as well. 

The ce shot registration patch is just removing bullet redirection (where bullets get pulled into walls) and nothing else. Its still good.

Also there might be one more update that was left off. Its not big, but its nice