CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

they already said adrift, and the pit dont count. And if i post any other mal they just say slayer sucks

Just the thought that powerful power weapons don't give enough incentive to facilitate map movement is just laughable to me. 

they already said adrift, and the pit dont count. And if i post any other mal they just say slayer sucks

Lol you know The pit had 2 snipes, rockets and OS right? A shit ton of power weapons yet games still ended 5-4. So can i say power weapons dobt create movement and cite Pit to prove it? Since you can use one map and one specific game?

Just the thought that powerful power weapons don't give enough incentive to facilitate map movement is just laughable to me.

Not once did anyone sat that but yea go ahead and argue made up points if that's what you wanna do.

You act like map movement is literally random in and of itself, like it has no structure in and of itself without a pickup to move towards, which is straight wrongo. And if you design a map well, you can literally funnel people towards engagement zones through some simple pathing without an emphasis on power weapons. Midship, Sanctuary, and Warlock all do this well.

And the things you can apply to pickups you can also apply to a flag. And you know what? The flag is a better thing to dedicate resources to making players push towards. Because you know what a significant advantage is? A point on the scoreboard.

Beast you missed this I guess my guy.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'll be sarcastic, sure, welcome to having a bit of a biting personality. I like being snarky or juvenile while commenting, because I can't be assed to take it seriously, but you'd be gravely mistaken if you somehow think throughout all of this I've gotten upset once. Think my tone's lost in translation. 

This is why I just deleted my response. Here I am taking the time to engage your opinion and do so seriously and you can't be bothered to do the same. You wouldn't answer my question but instead tried spinning it back on me. I provided some stuff and got a couple O-kays and not much substance at all. Then you really grasp for straws trying to "understand" my opinion by making it what you want to hear. Your comment on the cool down time shows me that you don't believe individual weapon mechanics can help balance these issues.

I'm all for discussing and debating Halo when those people are actually open to discussing mechanics. That hasn't happened and I'm not going to pull teeth to do so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And the things you can apply to pickups you can also apply to a flag. And you know what? The flag is a better thing to dedicate resources to making players push towards. Because you know what a significant advantage is? A point on the scoreboard.

Power weapons lead to kills, which in Slayer... are points on the scoreboard.

• Upvote (+1) 5

No probs, dude.

And I find the teamwork that goes into making a proper push for an obj to be ten times better than that of a push for a free kill machine which is wholly uninteresting and nearly always skilless (Hyperbolically) when put into use.

I don't get how some dude using an easy ass sniper and going on a spree is somehow better than someone going on a spree just out-pistoling people, either. On any level. Because one involves an easy OHKO machine, whereas the other is you just out-dicking everyone else with your basic weapon. Just reminds me of the people who scream and shout in a tournament audience when someone gets a double kill or noscope with a snipe in Halo 5 that literally aims for you, lel.

I'm only talking H1 but alright then.

How about this.

You're on Chill Out 2v2 slayer in OG H1 LAN (not mcc), the game is tied 45-45, your entire team is in the side pink room with the portal, rockets/snipe/ov/camo are going to spawn in 10 seconds and you don't know where the other team is. What do you do?

To make a decision, you need to start thinking about which tools are the most important, therefore it's a good assumption the other team will go for those as well. Does one of you port and push OS while the other stays low and pushes it from dark tunnel? Do you both go rocket room? Do you both push port in main room to snipe camo? Do you split up and try to get items solo? Does the other team typically push items solo or do they use teamwork? Again, what do you do?

There are more interesting factors at play than what you're suggesting where it's all about which team can straight up out-pistol the other team from whatever room they happen to be in. While I agree that it's cool to know which combinations of teamwork could succeed in a pistol-only environment (because I do appreciate the pure shooting skill), the gameplay just isn't as rich tactically without power ups or power weapons placed around the map in such a way that each team has to do on the fly cost-benefit analyses on the fly for themselves and based on how the other team has been playing. There's a lot more at stake if you make the wrong decision. It also makes for more exciting moments like when you do make the wrong decision but find a way to quickly regain control of rockets through superior team coordination. The meta in a pistol-only game would be a lot like lockout slayer where there are setups and there are rushes to break setups (using spawns to do this would be critical). It's more dynamic when setups are at risk due to power weapons and power ups spawning away from the power positions on a map.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I wasn’t having any problems during the time you posted. I did get kicked from a game for no reason, however. I’m in CST.

I'm in CST too. I played for like 2-3 hours and would search CE 2v2 for 5-10 mins and get nothing then switch to CE 4v4 for a game then repeat over and over. I was able to get like 2 games of 2v2 in.

giphy.gif

I agree with power weapons being the objective in Slayer. A good Slayer map has competing, neutral objectives spread around the map hotspots. A bad slayer map encourages players to play defensive on their side with no real incentive to charge or leave.

Halo 5 took a step in the right direction with consistent weapon timers and a HUD visualisation on it. This allows players to know when to move out of their places and grab the next OS/Camo/Snip/Rockets/etc.

The problem is Halo 5's gameplay doesn't look, feel or even sound like Halo. Playing Halo 1 4v4 I have never seen a stalemate ever. Literally ever. It's constant action, constant movement. The weapons and powerups spawn so often and are always on time and it means that if you sit back too long you miss a rotation and are punished for it.

Having solid BR/Pistol skills are only a quarter of the game. Having good movement, map awareness, rotations and powerup control is the other three quarters imo.

If Halo 3 the Pit had faster spawning OS and Rockets, the games would be a lot spicier at high level as risking your life for the OS/Rockets would be more important than sitting back and letting the opponents take them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How about this.

You're on Chill Out 2v2 slayer in OG H1 LAN (not mcc), the game is tied 45-45, your entire team is in the side pink room with the portal, rockets/snipe/ov/camo are going to spawn in 10 seconds and you don't know where the other team is. What do you do?

To make a decision, you need to start thinking about which tools are the most important, therefore it's a good assumption the other team will go for those as well. Does one of you port and push OS while the other stays low and pushes it from dark tunnel? Do you both go rocket room? Do you both push port in main room to snipe camo? Do you split up and try to get items solo? Does the other team typically push items solo or do they use teamwork? Again, what do you do?

There are more interesting factors at play than what you're suggesting where it's all about which team can straight up out-pistol the other team from whatever room they happen to be in. While I agree that it's cool to know which combinations of teamwork could succeed in a pistol-only environment (because I do appreciate the pure shooting skill), the gameplay just isn't as rich tactically without power ups or power weapons placed around the map in such a way that each team has to do on the fly cost-benefit analyses on the fly for themselves and based on how the other team has been playing. There's a lot more at stake if you make the wrong decision. It also makes for more exciting moments like when you do make the wrong decision but find a way to quickly regain control of rockets through superior team coordination. The meta in a pistol-only game would be a lot like lockout slayer where there are setups and there are rushes to break setups (using spawns to do this would be critical). It's more dynamic when setups are at risk due to power weapons and power ups spawning away from the power positions on a map.

You go for rockets.  One guy window jumps and goes side door while the other one goes up top through pink tunnel.  Any halo where the powerups don't spawn at a certain time frame from once the game starts is an inferior gaming experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ummm, no it's not. I make the assumption he would have destroyed you because a player that gets THAT MANY power weapon kills isn't getting them by accident.

Blame starting spawns? Sure, you can get lucky spawns at the start of a game, but I'm assuming he didn't get 8 rocket launcher kills with a SINGLE rocket launcher. He got 8 rocket kills because he knew the map, knew the spawn times, denied you the weapons and made sure he got them all himself. Not just once, but all through the game.

The assumption is based on the fact that shitty players only pick up a power weapon by accident and don't time them, etc.

That is what a good player does, therefore we can assume his BR skills are most likely fine and if he didn't kill you with a rocket launcher he would have just out BR'ed you instead. But hey, balls in your court. You can feel free to give us his GT and I'm sure someone here will be bored enough to go through his games and see how many kills he gets without power weapons.

Whew. I love these assumptions without actually looking at the playback, lol. First, yes, starting spawns absolutely blow dick on Zanz. Blue team spawns with, at best, a sniper, maybe camo. Red has sniper, rockets, sword, better camo opportunity. I got blue.

And yeah, with ammo pickups, it was a single rocket set. The dude just wandered over ammo pickups by rocks a few times, not timing them, mind you. Dude missed their respawns twice by 30-40 seconds. Which in turn refueled his rockets. He didn't know the map at all, it was literally like watching him just learn rocket pickups exist.

Third, the assumption his BR skills are good goes out the window when he got dicked on by someone he had the upper hand on in a straight BR duel. This is also the same dude who could see me on radar and randomly ditched me and his teammate to go kill some AFK dude, to which I then slaughtered his teammate. And afterwards, despite being in the same area as me with the means to just one off me, just randomly left me to walk outside, where he didn't even DO anything. The man was literally not good at basic gameplay, and even a quick stat check is pretty evident as to the person I'm dealing with. A man who barely breaks even in K/D and doesn't in W/L, whereas I double it. I don't need someone else to do the stat-checking work, lol. I'll do it, myself. But go nuts.

There's a reason MLG made sure every series played was a mixture of objective and slayer - because they wanted the winners of their tournaments to be the best overall team. They didn't want a team that was amazing at CTF but garbage at Slayer and they didn't want a bunch of brainless idiots that could aim a BR but couldn't think their way out a paper bag.

I find this hilarious. MLG made every series a mix of obj and slayer because they wanted a good overall team, rather than actually just pushing a hardcore thinking game and letting wet paper bag kids get sidelined by people who could actually formulate good pushes and flag runs, over mindless slays. If this is actually the justification behind that, then that's the biggest joke of the past two decades (HyperboleTM), and whew is MLG a bit more of a joke to me.

This is why I just deleted my response. Here I am taking the time to engage your opinion and do so seriously and you can't be bothered to do the same. You wouldn't answer my question but instead tried spinning it back on me. I provided some stuff and got a couple O-kays and not much substance at all. Then you really grasp for straws trying to "understand" my opinion by making it what you want to hear. Your comment on the cool down time shows me that you don't believe individual weapon mechanics can help balance these issues.

I'm all for discussing and debating Halo when those people are actually open to discussing mechanics. That hasn't happened and I'm not going to pull teeth to do so.

And here's the big thing you miss, you took out the first paragraph of my response and seem to act like it doesn't exist, and also did the same for the second response where it suited you. Where I explain where I haven't been offended and in turn, state I don't things seriously, enough to both not get offended and inject a little snarkiness into a post without being a plank to talk to. It's not that I'm sitting here, laughing at every post and just ignoring them, or dismissing them. I'm not writing paragraphs for no reason. It's that if someone talks down to me, or calls me stupid, I'm not gonna care. Because I don't take this seriously in spite of making an attempt to argue one side, however valid it is. 

And yes, I provided okays, and not much substance, and I then reiterated and respoke on those points when raised, again. Yunno, the point of the second post that got us half a foot further which is ignored here up until a footnote.  And yeah, I don't think cooldown time means shit when you've already nuked someone, which is the "reason" behind a cool down. To punish not nuking them, for poor aim, blast eats, etc. Which I find hard to do when you're holding a rocket launcher, lol. It's not like I pick up rockets and go "oh, damn, I missed, better luck next time", I go "how the actual fuck did I miss" because it's damn near impossible to. Which is why I don't care about cooldown, or take it too highly. Of course I won't believe it when I play a game where it's a long shot that I'll miss. Which was my other actual issue. Stop making obnoxious, easy as hell nuke weapons OHKOs, lmao.

To me, this just reeks of the "moral high ground approach", where one's painted as somehow not open to discussing mechanics when I've also ranted on being convinced of things here, before, and again, am writing here for a reason. To spurn a discussion. If I didn't want to be convinced of, or try to be convinced X is true or false, I would talk in an echo chamber, not the one place where I know people will disagree for various reasons, and will shred me for an opposing or non-agreed with opinion. Aaaaand finally, that last sentence was irrelevant to any conversation, lol. If you were gonna respond to say "I'm not gonna respond further", then just don't bloody talk in the first place, lmao. Just let the argument fade into obscurity, because it accomplishes the same action without the (ironic) attitude. It's so easy to outright prove your point by not responding. 

Power weapons lead to kills, which in Slayer... are points on the scoreboard.

Which is why the earliest point of my comment and every single one of my comments has been for obj, never for Slayer. Slayer sucks, I'll never speak on it bar "remove it".

How about this.

Again, all of this hypothetical teamwork can be applied to a flag game. I don't get how any of this is just exclusive to slayer with pickups, or why it's somehow more rich tactically when it's just a slay game with mindless weapons as the reward, and subsequent snowball. Like, you're arguing for depth. Okay. There's just as much, if not more in CTF than fighting for a pickup in Slayer. Especially when CTF requires commitment to an obj, over just picking it up for more slays.

There's a lot at stake if you make the wrong decision in a CTF game and leave your team down not only in numbers, but in positioning, to which you have to make the push to regain control of your flag and the map. Team coordination and shit still EXISTS outside of this slayer pickups world. And removing power weapons doesn't stop that or movement, but does stop cheeseball weapons from ruling or dictating the game over basic gunplay, lol.

There are more interesting factors at play in a purely objective game where it's you, your gun, and your team against another one. Still why Truth CTF is one of the best gametypes in Halo once camo gets that sick burn. Because it's literally almost always just a set of straight gunfights in an easy to grasp map. And it's so unfrustrating because you're not being bullshitted by easy ass weapons.`

Which is why the earliest point of my comment and every single one of my comments has been for obj, never for Slayer. Slayer sucks, I'll never speak on it bar "remove it".

You argued that a flag (or other objective tied to points) can be used as a better incentive for map movement because the flag is tied to points and also shares the same map movement incentive properties. Yet in Slayer, power weapons lead to kills, setups and leads, therefore tying power weapons to points directly. Just because you think Slayer sucks doesn't mean you can ignore it in the full scope of the argument.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You argued that a flag (or other objective tied to points) can be used as a better incentive for map movement because the flag is tied to points and also shares the same map movement incentive properties. Yet in Slayer, power weapons lead to kills, setups and leads, therefore tying power weapons to points directly. Just because you think Slayer sucks doesn't mean you can ignore it in the full scope of the argument.

Not that it shares those properties, but that it enforces them without rewarding free and easy slays, and doing nothing but rewarding actual proper teamwork and teamplay. The fact it ties to a point ISN'T just my point. It's how it does. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still can’t find one game of H2 hardcore when I’m searching alone

Is region an issue? May be region, if you quit a lot, or just population. I know quitting tanks your actual rep and puts you with quitters, more, without letting you match the general populace, so, lel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not that it shares those properties, but that it enforces them without rewarding free and easy slays, and doing nothing but rewarding actual proper teamwork and teamplay. The fact it ties to a point ISN'T just my point. It's how it does.

What are your feelings on an objective carrier having a one hit kill offensive ability?

Okay, even so, this was entirely implicit, but whatever. From what I've deduced your entire problem with power weapons is that they're simply too easy, sans H3 sniper. If power weapons and power ups were not advantageous (as in they are equally or similarly as skillful as the utility weapon) then they would be pointless. This is the case for many weapons after Halo 1 (power weapons or not) being completely ignored due to their weakness. I do enjoy the lack of power weapons on some maps, but if every game was like Warlock or Amplified then the gameplay would become stale super fast, the montage scene would be entirely out BR's and less enjoyable to watch, the excitement behind sick plays like a clutch no scope double would be near non existent aside from slick out BR's that already happen, and in general the gameplay would be less diverse. 

Also, in order for a map to function without power weapons, it needs to naturally play fast or have a system in place that encourages movement. Halo 1's weapon timers being static encourages this movement and prevents players from taking positions for extensive periods of time, because not only are the weapons spawning consistently, but they can be naded from tens of different places on the map. But in Halo 2 onward, if the map is big enough to the point where teams can hold defensive positions without taking risks (in other words, a map that can be "slowed down". Almost every map can be, aside from ones that force player movement like the aforementioned. You cite Truth as a map that has this property, but that relies more so on Halo 5 mechanics and being able to thrust slide across the map rather than the map itself because even Midship and Heretic can be slowed down). Amplified in H3 does this exceptionally well, where the gameplay is basically impossible to slow down. This is also why Warlock TS games rarely last longer than 5 minutes. But take away power weapons on a larger map with more pathways and obstructions like Pit or Lockout and you inevitably slow down the gameplay because there is no incentive to move unless someone is out of position for whatever reason. In some cases this has already happened with power weapons on the map, though in this case it's mostly due to how bad H2A is:

This is a game with several power weapons (including the stalagmites, if your definition of power weapon is "cheeseball shit"). It lasts for the full duration with neither team passing even half of the kills necessary. You can clearly see BtH making stupid plays at the end in order to break the tie even though it costs them because it's a bad play because there was no reason to move and Str8 was prepared for it. It's boring as fuck, and this HAS power weapons. Now take away the sniper and the sword and the shotgun and the stalagmites because they're cheap and replace everything with a hitscan BR that hits everything in a 10 foot radius. Why would anyone leave BR3 or S tower or library or bottom blue or wherever they're holding up until the clock is forcing the losing team to make a decision?

Lockout, Guardian, Pit and other maps that don't naturally play slow require incentives to play better. This doesn't mean they're bad maps, it just means they serve a different competitive purpose - skillfully contesting power weapons. Using a power weapon shouldn't be hard. Fighting for the power weapon should be. Maps like Warlock, Amplified and Midship (somewhat) fill the niche of a faster map based on quick decisions rather than excessive coordination around power weapons.

Or you can play H1 where the game is naturally fast because of several things other than the power weapons themselves creating the best competitive console shooter experience to date. /justsaying

• Upvote (+1) 2

Again, all of this hypothetical teamwork can be applied to a flag game. I don't get how any of this is just exclusive to slayer with pickups, or why it's somehow more rich tactically when it's just a slay game with mindless weapons as the reward, and subsequent snowball. Like, you're arguing for depth. Okay. There's just as much, if not more in CTF than fighting for a pickup in Slayer. Especially when CTF requires commitment to an obj, over just picking it up for more slays.

There's a lot at stake if you make the wrong decision in a CTF game and leave your team down not only in numbers, but in positioning, to which you have to make the push to regain control of your flag and the map. Team coordination and shit still EXISTS outside of this slayer pickups world. And removing power weapons doesn't stop that or movement, but does stop cheeseball weapons from ruling or dictating the game over basic gunplay, lol.

There are more interesting factors at play in a purely objective game where it's you, your gun, and your team against another one. Still why Truth CTF is one of the best gametypes in Halo once camo gets that sick burn. Because it's literally almost always just a set of straight gunfights in an easy to grasp map. And it's so unfrustrating because you're not being bullshitted by easy ass weapons.`

I'm defending slayer gametypes with power weapons and power ups. If you want to change this conversation to objective vs. slayer then you're welcome to, but it's out of context for my response. Please address my justification of slayer as I was hoping you would.

As an alternate discussion, in case fatigue is setting in, how do you guys feel about this:

Sanctuary TS

Dynamic player spawns like H2A, and unlike v7

Static item spawns

Sword in mid, every 3 minutes. Maybe reduced ammo?

No snipe at the start.

On odd minutes, an OS spawns at red rocks, and a snipe spawns at blue snipe.

On even minutes, a camo will spawn in blue rocks, and a snipe will spawn at red snipe.

This creates incentive to control different parts of the map at different times, make difficult decisions, improves the pace of the gametype, maintains importance of ring control, and adds a “sniper versus powerup” dynamic that I think would be fun.

In CTF I think dueling camos in the rocks every 2 minutes, alongside sniper spawns, would make for REALLY interesting gameplay.

What do you guys think? Is making symmetrical maps play asymmetrically in Slayer a good path to go down?

• Upvote (+1) 2

LOL literally re read the post I responded to. Literally re read it. You don't have to explicitly state "you're a moron" to imply it. Holy shit man at least own your insults. What a joke.

Nah. I'll figuratively re-read it instead.

I didn't insult anyone except you. You're still a moron by the way.

Nah. I'll figuratively re-read it instead.

I didn't insult anyone except you. You're still a moron by the way.

Lmao you're actually the coolest kid I've ever met

If Halo 3 the Pit had faster spawning OS and Rockets, the games would be a lot spicier at high level as risking your life for the OS/Rockets would be more important than sitting back and letting the opponents take them.

The best way to improve The Pit is by inventing a time machine and deleting all traces of the map, including concept art, just before the game shipped to ensure we never had to put up with that garbage map.

The issue is that the only real place you can put power ups and power weapons on the map is right in the centre and literally every centre area of the map is a long narrow hallway apart from under bridge. Trying to get anything on that map was a 50% chance of dying from a random grenade. If you got caught in basement, green hall or black hall you were pretty much dead unless your opponents SERIOUSLY screwed up.

Awful map design in every aspect. Most the engagement areas offered zero interesting movement for the player. For example, running into a player in black hallway is 2 players running in a straight line shooting each other. You have no where to jump to, no where to strafe to. I can't believe people actually liked the map. I guess when you have maps like Epitaph and Snowbound then The Pit is just the least shitty option.

Whew. I love these assumptions without actually looking at the playback, lol. First, yes, starting spawns absolutely blow dick on Zanz. Blue team spawns with, at best, a sniper, maybe camo. Red has sniper, rockets, sword, better camo opportunity. I got blue.

And yeah, with ammo pickups, it was a single rocket set. The dude just wandered over ammo pickups by rocks a few times, not timing them, mind you. Dude missed their respawns twice by 30-40 seconds. Which in turn refueled his rockets. He didn't know the map at all, it was literally like watching him just learn rocket pickups exist.

lol, that's even worse. So the guy is walking around with an empty rocket launcher half the game and no one thought to kill him when he had no rockets?

Why weren't you baiting the rocket ammo? If he was so awful with a BR and he had no rockets left then surely he'd be a free kill, right?

I mean, seriously, are you trying to argue for yourself or against yourself?

Third, the assumption his BR skills are good goes out the window when he got dicked on by someone he had the upper hand on in a straight BR duel.

Winning a single BR duel online doesn't really mean anything.

I get destroyed in BR duels all the time... Because that's what happens when you play on 250ms ping against people on the other side of the world. It's possible he's playing on wireless from the middle of nowhere or maybe he's playing from Europe or something. I know it's hard for Americans, but try to remember that other countries exist.

At the end of the day, whether he was good or bad doesn't really matter. Maybe you're right, maybe he's awful at the game. But that doesn't say a lot for you and your team mates getting destroyed by someone that apparently just discovered rockets exist. Maybe try contesting them? Maybe don't walk into close range of a guy with a rocket launcher? I mean, Zanzibar is a pretty massive map, it's not like it's hard to just say "hey guys, rocket launcher guy camping inside the base, be careful" - Note that this works much better when you have GAME CHAT enabled.

Unless this dude is firing Quake pro style rockets at long range it seems pretty ridiculous to let someone get 8 rocket kills in any game.

I find this hilarious. MLG made every series a mix of obj and slayer because they wanted a good overall team, rather than actually just pushing a hardcore thinking game and letting wet paper bag kids get sidelined by people who could actually formulate good pushes and flag runs, over mindless slays. If this is actually the justification behind that, then that's the biggest joke of the past two decades (HyperboleTM), and whew is MLG a bit more of a joke to me.

Apparently it's a "joke" to want players in an arena first person SHOOTER to be good at SHOOTING things?

Ummm, what?

You've just spent pages bitching about players that out played the shit out of you, that are apparently garbage at the game and can't aim for shit and keep telling us how many times you should be winning against players with power weapons if they didn't have their "crutch" to help them in a straight up BR fight, but then you say it's a joke for tournament players to maybe actually be good at aiming?

I mean, are you literally just trying to disagree with everything else people on this forum think to be edgy or something?

Apparently Slayer is a garbage game type because it requires no thinking... Ignoring map control, power up control, weapon control, spawn control, etc...

Then you say that power weapons shouldn't exist because it's just a crutch for bad players.

But then apparently it's ok if a team sucks at slaying but wins CTF just by being good at objective game types.

You have contradicted yourself so many times it's incredible.

So if I have this right, you think:

1. Slayer is garbage because it's brainless.

2. Power weapons are shitty because they're require no skill to use. The game should be nothing but BR fights because we want to ensure that aiming is top priority.

3. Except in cases where a team manages to play CTF really well. Then fuck aiming altogether in an arena FPS because the ability for a player to sneak a flag past a team is much more impressive than some guy that can constantly win 1v2 engagements.

4. You also think it's wrong for the game to forced game chat in ranked games, yet you think slayer sucks. So you want to push objective games as competitive despite communication being even more important since you are a player down in fire power when they're carrying the objective.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1