CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This is my new best friend:

dd21e99c-2c9f-4cc5-8dc4-46870cbc29ff.PNG

Thanks 343.

I made two posts about this. Happens to me in at least half of the games I find. You on the X too?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made two posts about this. Happens to me in at least half of the games I find. You on the X too?

If I had to guess, I've played maybe about 50 games on MCC since the patch and lagged out of two games total. Both times were Halo 3. Both times I was the only one to lag out. I was playing with a full team both times and in party chat with them and never lost connection to the party. I'm on a regular old xbox one by the way.

No, the normal Xbone. It started randomly yesterday, worked fine before that. Probably their afwul servers acting up and nothing we can do about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I had to guess, I've played maybe about 50 games on MCC since the patch and lagged out of two games total. Both times were Halo 3. Both times I was the only one to lag out. I was playing with a full team both times and in party chat with them and never lost connection to the party. I'm on a regular old xbox one by the way.

I rarely ever lag out of actual games. It happens before the game even starts. During the map load screen. I can always tell it's going to happen when the white load bar doesn't start. Incredibly frustrating and makes no sense.

I rarely ever lag out of actual games. It happens before the game even starts. During the map load screen. I can always tell it's going to happen when the white load bar doesn't start. Incredibly frustrating and makes no sense.

Weird.. I haven't had that happen yet but had a game that ended where the loading screen got stuck. I wonder if that starts the game 3v4 for your team or if it disbands the game altogether. I've lucked out with rarely seeing any games that start 3v3 but still have tons of AFK players.

Same. This didn't happen in the insider either, I would get insanely laggy games (falling through floors laggy), but I would never get booted or have maps not loading.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lmao when did this thread turn into the Halo 5 General Discussion Thread?

ON TOPIC
There are waaaay too many playlists for this game now.

Just wish they would fix this game, then add H3s EXP system...would play it all the time. Would be nice if they added weapon stat tracking too it'd be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lmao when did this thread turn into the Halo 5 General Discussion Thread?

ON TOPIC

There are waaaay too many playlists for this game now.

i can get games in every playlist tho so i disagree

Just because you can get a game in every playlist doesnt mean there arent too many playlist. The wait times are getting longer and longer and its getting harder and harder to play after hours.

I live in East US and thus can get a game in every playlist so i also disagree.  As long as me and 12 other people can somehow find games in every playlist, then fuck ya'll

:kappa:

This is off topic, but Hurricane Florence is gonna make landfall later this week and where I live is pretty much gonna take the direct hit. It seems the hurricane won't be weakening any time soon nor will it change trajectory. Unfortunately, I won't be evacuating. So, for obvious reasons, ya'll probably won't hear from me for a while after Wednesday. Even if the power and internet somehow magically stay on, I'll probably be busy dealing with shit. If anyone here will also be affected, stay safe.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Jesus Christ how did it become controversial on teambeyond to say party chat ruined halo and we need game chat back in the ranked? This used to be the well accepted opinion here. When did people decide to start shitting on the ranking system or on people caring about winning in a ranked playlist? We're on a competitive Halo forum for God's sake. If you want to shit on people who want to play competitively then take your scrub mentality to reddit and stick to social playlists.

Forcing game chat won't fix shit. The majority of players probably don't even own a headset, which is why they aren't talking, not because they are in a party chat instead. Just look at reddit or waypoint for your average Halo player, do you think they own a mic? I'm not convinced the average Halo player knows what a call out is tbh. 

Besides, when I played with others in Halo 5 ranked, we used Skype. Game chat and Party chat have a delay of about 1-1.5 seconds. Skype had barely any delay between saying something and it being heard by the rest of the party. A lot can change in 1-1.5 seconds, especially in Halo 5 with how fast everyone can traverse the map. Don't force me out of Skype when I'm in a 4 man because of the playlists restrictions focused on improving solo-Q. 

I'd much prefer 343 focused on making their next game good and actually make one that doesn't suck. You'd find in a more popular game there'd be more people in game chat.  You ever noticed how popular games like CS;GO, Rainbow 6 Siege, CoD etc all have active game chat? Its because people are playing those games. Halo's gamechat problem isn't solely because of party chat, its mainly because no one is playing Halo. (Halo Reach existed when party chat was around and gamechat was still huge, because people were playing it.) 

Make the next Halo game not suck ass, and you'll find people in game-chat. 

Just because you can get a game in every playlist doesnt mean there arent too many playlist. The wait times are getting longer and longer and its getting harder and harder to play after hours.

well its 11pm-1am and im getting games in h3 arena with 3/4s and ce dubs, the latter being the most dead playlist. Theres not enough playlists imo. Should split mixed btb into h2a/h4 and h2/ce. All the social playlists are super populated too. Removing h2c hardcore wont make people search h3 dubs. It will just make some people play mcc less

well its 11pm-1am and im getting games in h3 arena with 3/4s and ce dubs, the latter being the most dead playlist. Theres not enough playlists imo. Should split mixed btb into h2a/h4 and h2/ce. All the social playlists are super populated too. Removing h2c hardcore wont make people search h3 dubs. It will just make some people play mcc less

MCC has more playlists than nearly every popular game right now. Fortnite has less than half the playlists and 20x's the player population.

This game can barely support 6 playlists, let alone 14+

I watched Ogre 2 stream Halo 1 on Twitch and he ended up swapping his account to find games.

If an NA player is failing to find games that proves without a doubt the population is spread too thin. This is an objective fact.

• Upvote (+1) 4

MCC has more playlists than nearly every popular game right now. Fortnite has less than half the playlists and 20x's the player population.

This game can barely support 6 playlists, let alone 14+

I watched Ogre 2 stream Halo 1 on Twitch and he ended up swapping his account to find games.

If an NA player is failing to find games that proves without a doubt the population is spread too thin. This is an objective fact.

It is indeed fact. My heart broke last night when my friends and I jumped on and saw 15 playlists.

We literally can only find Social Slayer games (Australia). No other playlist works.

I saw BTB with Halo 1 and 2 and got excited only to see it split from Halo 3 BTB!

Very disappointed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only feasible solution would have been multi-queue / mixtape and then adding a "expected wait time" box. Unfortunately 343 is too lazy/incompetent to do that.

>be 343

>release MCC patch with a small selection of playlists to keep the community together

>have 14 different playlists less than two weeks later despite the population staying about the same as it was when the patch launched

>???????

• Upvote (+1) 3