CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I may not change your mind, but maybe I can lessen your hate:

My issue with it is the layout of the map which is garbage, so while I appreciate the video and will find it useful when I can actually find any HCE Doubles games(which I can't since it's ranked and ranked matchmaking is completely broken for me ever since the matchmaking update) it doesn't make me hate the map any less, add in the fact that I'm getting it once every 3 Team Arena HCE game and haven't gotten a single Damnation game yet...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure the majority of players don't even own a chat headset anyway because they cost a bit of money and their is currently no cheap option for Xbox One, which is why you never hear anyone talking,. Forcing gamechat isn't going to achieve anything if no-one on your team has a headset. 

My issue with it is the layout of the map which is garbage, so while I appreciate the video and will find it useful when I can actually find any HCE Doubles games(which I can't since it's ranked and ranked matchmaking is completely broken for me ever since the matchmaking update) it doesn't make me hate the map any less, add in the fact that I'm getting it once every 3 Team Arena HCE game and haven't gotten a single Damnation game yet...

Now Damnation is the one you should be disliking, not Hang Em High.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Its not a great map, but it's made much worse by the hit detection/registration of MCC. Some players are almost unhittable and other times shots that have no business landing turn into tsk.

I understand why there’s all this talk about game chat in ranked but it just seems ironic that SOCIAL Slayer has become quite the opposite.

Mate, in fucking WARZONE you're lucky to hear another voice in the game when you've got 11 other freakin' players on your team.

It's fucked.

It feels you like might as well just load up Counter Strike or UT and play against some bots. It honestly feels lonely playing a 24 player multiplayer mode in silence.

Like you said, social slayer isn't even social any more. In fact, half the time it's you and 3 randoms without mics that are awful playing a party of 4 that are actually communicating and using social to pub stomp noobs.

At least if I could talk to my team mates we could have a laugh while we were getting stomped.

This whole idea that gamers are toxic 14 year old trolls is just self loathing bullshit. Even during the Halo 2 days where the average gamer was much younger and trash talk was 10X's worse than it is now it wasn't THAT bad.

I've been told by plenty of Yanks to go eat some tea and crumpets or told to fuck a kangaroo, but I've also had many laughs, met many friends and had a great time with other gamers.

I'd guarantee that OPT OUT would form a way better online community, at the very least if it was put in place in ranked.

Sure, you can't FORCE people to use it. That's fine. If you insist on not using it then don't. Just mute everyone or use Discord. But as a whole the Halo community would benefit so to me it seems like it's worth a try at the very least.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Exactly. It does feel like playing against bots, especially since i remember what it used to be like. Of course no one can force you to use game chat if you absolutely refuse to talk to/hear your teammates in a ranked game. But it’d be nice if it wasn’t so damn easy to screw over your team. It’d be nice if the game made you acknowledge how selfish you’re being, and you had to take an extra step before saying “fuck you” to your teammates in a ranked game, where it’s assumed that everyone is playing to win. Halo didn’t use to feel this desolate. It’s not worth defending. Not for ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Literally just had a game where two guys were getting hilariously worked up over our situation in an H2A game and began shittalking me, lmao. Community's fine. Not toxic and idiotic at all.

Literally just had a game where two guys were getting hilariously worked up over our situation in an H2A game and began shittalking me, lmao. Community's fine. Not toxic and idiotic at all.

Okay but it was so much worse yesterday when we were in a party. So many kids yelling at us. Oh wait we were in party chat so we couldn't hear anything HAHA.

Okay but it was so much worse yesterday when we were in a party. So many kids yelling at us. Oh wait we were in party chat so we couldn't hear anything HAHA.

HAHAA. DOUBLE DROPPIN' 40 BOMBS IN RANKED ON WARLORD. No immature children at ALL.

Yeah game chat is trash and it usually ends up with me sending a vulgar message which ultimately ends up with me losing my account due to a ban. Lost account #4 last night... no more halo for me  :mj:  :Toxic:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This isn't hard, guys.

People should be available to communicate with in ranked games, by default. Because, you know, it's ranked...

People should also mute people that are annoying, and it should be easy to do it quickly in-game.

Any assumption you have that people will always be nice to you is absurd. We shouldn't be able to enter ranked games with an already divided chat, without ever giving our teammates a chance. If we want to play in our safe space party chat, then it should be kept to social, where no one should have any expectations of effort or skill.

• Upvote (+1) 8

If I want to play ranked, solo queue, and not communicate in game. I'd just mute everyone. Having restrictions changes nothing for people who already don't want to communicate. The people who just want to play alone or talk to their friends. It wont change them to suddenly talk in game chat, if they already aren't about that.

You should be able to hop in to ranked with a few friends, in a party, while an Arg is bantering to you guys in the background about still playing H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bless you all still talking about voice chat for days.

End of the day voice chat has glitches on mcc where u cant hear ur teammates and/or hear the other team and u cant mute people on mcc so its implementation would be absurd. So lets stop talking about it.

Just saying there's way too many playlists

At least 5 too many. Trying to play as much CE 2s and H2 as I can.

Yes, you are (not that you’re not allowed to be).

Let’s be real here. When you don’t communicate with your team, you have a completely different playstyle. People play more like they do in FFA, letting their teammates get into gunfights, only to come in and clean up kills after their teammate was killed.

You are under no obligation to communicate but the fact that you can’t expend the most minimal of efforts by uttering a few syllables from time to time to significantly increase the amount of fun your teammates can have does make you selfish in my opinion.

And what if my teammates absolutely don't know what the fuck to do, in the first place. Hypothetically, let's say I'm calling out on the recent trainwreck of a Shrine game I played. Three kids didn't know to push out of our base and into mid by ramp or rock to break the enemy's setup of power weapons, sucked big bags of dicks and couldn't win gunfights properly to the point where the enemies moved to sit in our base while one teammate got pissy and began to betray us off spawn. This is when I'm beginning to reach 20. Not even the low single digits. Why in the everliving fuck is it somehow not selfish to actually suck at the game and play ranked where people who may care about winning or doing well exist. Why not learn the game beforehand and then play so you don't act as an anchor and make a fool of yourself. 

Besides, it's not my fault people are stupid and reckless and charge up without being able to win gunfights, enabling me to just chain multi-kills together, lmao. You act like it's somehow bad to play the game in a successful manner when I do exactly what my teammates don't while winning the game. Live and kill. Take Warlord. You could zip around teleporters if you know the strats, or properly sit in a side base, which just narrows down enemy spawn abilities and allows you to trap them, as I did. I didn't need to call out for the noticeable effects of the strategy to win the game. Or enemy spawns. I just needed teammates to kill what I wasn't able to. And lo and behold, they held forward and charged in stupidly, so I had to pick up slack alongside Beastboi. 

Syllable use won't make up for shit skill, or a complete lack of awareness in game. The only thing that will is actually taking time to get better. And most people don't have that time or drive. That's fine, I'm not angry at them for it, or for the fact they wanna play ranked for some reason other than the rank. BUTTTTT, I just find it hilarious that somehow, you can use proper strats, win a game, and slay by a landslide, and still be selfish because you weren't calling out to your team, like that's somehow the be all, end all, which is hilarrrrrriously misguided, lol. You can do everything right, and because your team fucks up, or plays stupidly, you're the selfish one. Totally how it works.

In the end, I'm not gonna teach people things they should already know when jumping into a ranked match. Which is basic stuff. Like not to go enemy fucking rocks on Sanc. At that point, shit's out of my hands and my teammates actually have to take some responsibility for being clueless or sucky if I'm sitting hut. 

OH TEH NOES?!?!!

Not shit talking!

How did you survive? Did you enter the 500 button combination required to mute them?

Those 2 players are totally representative of every single Halo player, you're right, the Halo community is toxic and idiotic.

I don't get why your so defensive about this. How about everyone enjoys a more social experience in a MULTIPLAYER GAME and you can mute everyone and enjoy playing bots and everyone can be happy?

Instead you'd rather Halo continue as a boring as fuck game, completely devoid of any life where everyone has to send a letter with a little bio about themselves, a picture and a consent form in order to chat to their team mates in TEAM Slayer...

There's plenty of games that not only allow you to sit in silence, hell, they encourage it! Quake, Unreal, Starcraft... All great 1v1 games where you don't have team mates and the only communication expected between players is a "GG" at the end of a game.

Keeping party chats in ranked games establishes an anti-social online experience. Removing party chats in ranked games encourages team communication. One of these choices is clearly objectively better.

You act like this is some absurd proposal... Except for one thing... CALL OF DUTY ALREADY DID IT!

You're completely sidestepping the point in favor of challenging a more tongue in cheek rhetorical comment about stupid people, and also shoving words that I never said in my mouth. 

And you're also not answering my actual question in my latest post. If you're so hellbent on communication, why are you hinging on random people of various backgrounds to do it with? Why not get a squad before you begin to matchmake. Again, you know the risks involved when acting as a TO1. We all do. Yet you still play as one and will seemingly get angry when people don't call out. So, what's stopping you from squadding. Why are you getting angry at an issue you could literally solve in a few minutes with a few PMs. Why is it somehow the player's fault for making the choice they want to make when you also make the intentional (Dumb in hindsight) choice of continuing to play a game where you have a grasp on the fact people rarely publically call out, now, and WANT them to. You're on a forum with people who want to play MCC. And are marketed as hardcore gamers. You can probably find some people to grind with if you care about that aspect of a ranked game so much. 

Not to mention another dumb point this argument hinges on. The idea that every single player is in a party at the time they play a ranked game, even if they're solo. Removing party chat does nothing to fix people who just don't wanna talk with others, like me, who won't call out to randies, regardless of whether or not party chat is removed or kept. Dunno how you feel about people who just don't plug their mic in and auto-pilot, lol, but I'd be willing to bet they make up a good part of the community. Honestly probably more than the people who randomly mic in as a TO1, but that's just a guess at best.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The argument isn't really about MCC imo. With the fuckton of ranked playlists it has and lack of social options, it's not a good candidate for forced game chat.

The argument is, in proper halo games going forward that have a proper number of ranked playlists (3 or 4 AT MOST), ranked play should force game chat. Yes it absofuckinglutely should. With those prerequisites met, communicating with your team should be a given. If you don't want to you can either take 2 seconds to mute everyone or go play social.

forcing people to not use party chat will just cause people not to play. So id anything it should be excluded from lower levels. Make it the top 5% of players have to use game chat because then theyre too addicted to not play.

And what if my teammates absolutely don't know what the fuck to do, in the first place. Hypothetically, let's say I'm calling out on the recent trainwreck of a Shrine game I played. Three kids didn't know to push out of our base and into mid by ramp or rock to break the enemy's setup of power weapons, sucked big bags of dicks and couldn't win gunfights properly to the point where the enemies moved to sit in our base while one teammate got pissy and began to betray us off spawn. This is when I'm beginning to reach 20. Not even the low single digits. Why in the everliving fuck is it somehow not selfish to actually suck at the game and play ranked where people who may care about winning or doing well exist. Why not learn the game beforehand and then play so you don't act as an anchor and make a fool of yourself. 

Not being talented isn’t a choice these players are making. You refusing to communicate with your team is a choice you are making.

Besides, it's not my fault people are stupid and reckless and charge up without being able to win gunfights, enabling me to just chain multi-kills together, lmao. You act like it's somehow bad to play the game in a successful manner when I do exactly what my teammates don't while winning the game. Live and kill. Take Warlord. You could zip around teleporters if you know the strats, or properly sit in a side base, which just narrows down enemy spawn abilities and allows you to trap them, as I did. I didn't need to call out for the noticeable effects of the strategy to win the game. Or enemy spawns. I just needed teammates to kill what I wasn't able to. And lo and behold, they held forward and charged in stupidly, so I had to pick up slack alongside Beastboi. 

You could offer them advice on how to play better instead of just picking up their easy clean ups.

Syllable use won't make up for shit skill, or a complete lack of awareness in game. The only thing that will is actually taking time to get better. And most people don't have that time or drive. That's fine, I'm not angry at them for it, or for the fact they wanna play ranked for some reason other than the rank. BUTTTTT, I just find it hilarious that somehow, you can use proper strats, win a game, and slay by a landslide, and still be selfish because you weren't calling out to your team, like that's somehow the be all, end all, which is hilarrrrrriously misguided, lol. You can do everything right, and because your team fucks up, or plays stupidly, you're the selfish one. Totally how it works.

You always seem angry with your shitty teammates but it’s really hard to feel bad for you when you won’t lift a finger to try to help them play better.

In the end, I'm not gonna teach people things they should already know when jumping into a ranked match. Which is basic stuff. Like not to go enemy fucking rocks on Sanc. At that point, shit's out of my hands and my teammates actually have to take some responsibility for being clueless or sucky if I'm sitting hut.

Things you may think are basic may not be to them. I know I wouldn’t have been at the skill level I was at without random players teaching me things about the game. And it’s not like they were doing it out of some charitable, noble intention. They wanted their teammate to play better so they told him how.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

IcePrincess, you can't just expect people to get better without playing. You're getting mad and calling teammates selfish because they're not skilled enough at rank 15. I mean come on.

And yes I have to admit that it is more difficult playing with you when I don't know what's going on on your side of the map. I still prefer playing with you than with randoms though since no one else talks either though lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really wonder why they again shipped an update that clearly wasn't ready. Like how many times do they have to learn this lesson? First impressions matter. This relaunch created a good amount of hype, but now everyone will leave again because shit still doesn't work. A few more weeks of work with a proper relaunch would have done wonders. But no. Let's set an arbitrary deadline for September 1st and ship another dysfunctional product.

And you're also not answering my actual question in my latest post. If you're so hellbent on communication, why are you hinging on random people of various backgrounds to do it with? Why not get a squad before you begin to matchmake. Again, you know the risks involved when acting as a TO1. We all do. Yet you still play as one and will seemingly get angry when people don't call out. So, what's stopping you from squadding.

Really bro you JUST SAID a couple posts ago that finding lots of people to play Halo is hard when someone said to you "if you don't want to hear randoms in ranked, find a squad" and now you say this?

Cursed Lemon's idea that you should only be able to hear enemy proximity chat if you're in game chat is the best way to incentivize people into returning to game chat, but I think they should just grow a pair and make the ranked playlist(s) force game chat. No one is going to stop playing Halo because of it. "Oh no oh God oh fuck I have to mute people who are annoying when I'm playing ranked mode. This is a nightmare, worst Halo game ever." Infinite turns out to be a great game but due to this, the population instantly drops to below Halo 4 levels. This is a scenario that makes sense in anyone's head? Are you for real?

Furthermore the complaints about gamers are beyond overblown. I added so many people back in the MW2 days, and that was an extremely popular game with mass appeal - the type of game that is likely to draw annoying shit talkers, screamers, and music players. And yes they existed - but so did plenty of cool people. I added a shit ton of people I played with on MW2 and Black Ops who I would have never otherwise talked to if we were all in our own party chats. It was so easy to mute people that anyone who was blasting music would be shut up instantly. For stubbornly antisocial types, or those days where you just don't feel like talking, plenty of games have included a "mute all" button.

The most amazing thing about online play was always the social layer, nowadays you might as well just be playing against bots.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not being talented isn’t a choice these players are making. You refusing to communicate with your team is a choice you are making.

You could offer them advice on how to play better instead of just picking up their easy clean ups.

You always seem angry with your shitty teammates but it’s really hard to feel bad for you when you won’t lift a finger to try to help them play better.

Things you may think are basic may not be to them. I know I wouldn’t have been at the skill level I was at without random players teaching me things about the game. And it’s not like they were doing it out of some charitable, noble intention. They wanted their teammate to play better so they told him how.

Wrongo, you can entirely make the choice to grind to be better. Even at an older age where behavior's ingrained into your mind. 2016 me would be surprised at 2018 me for that reason. Because I had to rewrite 6-8 years of gameplay experience to get better at what I played. There is always that ability to improve in some way. Be it map movement, where you don't even need to shoot to make an impact, or by outright gunfights, or a mix of both. You literally can't just lay down on the floor and go "Nah, it's not my choice to be bad, or not play better". It entirely is when the game can be swayed in so many ways than just dumb gunfights if you use your head and attempt to learn.

If someone were to get into a gunfight they were losing and just back off properly, and then I clean that up, that is 10x better than my teammates now who just rush forward without a care, end up dying over retreating, and then I get that clean up. And that simple change for the better involves NOT challenging to the death. Which is beneficial for you, AND everyone else. Now, sure, I don't communicate with randoms. Don't wanna. And that is my choice entirely, as I have repeated. Faults and all. But other people not being good is their own fault. It's not just something that's predetermined for you 100% of the time. And you can be good at a game, regardless of whether or not someone is calling out. No one's asking you to be a professional level player. But some baseline competence is what I want. Not three people on my team who can't wrap their head around basic map movement, and won't push up for the life of them, while getting pissy at the fact we're being curbstomped to the point of team betrayals.

And I'm not exactly obligated to be people's teacher in a competitive environment. I don't get why the responsibility's pushed on me, not the people who're lagging behind. Again, I can empathize with someone not being good, I can get that be frustrating, but it's not my job to make you better. It wasn't other people's jobs to make me better, either. I just watched them and emulated what they were doing. I took the initiative because I sucked in any competitive environment. And it's not someone else's responsibility to give me a free hand out. It's my responsibility to take a loss on the nose and figure out my issues. Go into theater or watch streams, and figure out where people moved, how they did, why, when. Connect the dots. I don't get this mentality of "it's everyone's fault BUT the person who sucks", and the person who doesn't suck should be the one teaching everyone else. Especially when I've gotten into arguments with people over shit pertaining to this before, lol. 

IcePrincess, you can't just expect people to get better without playing. You're getting mad and calling teammates selfish because they're not skilled enough at rank 15. I mean come on.

And yes I have to admit that it is more difficult playing with you when I don't know what's going on on your side of the map. I still prefer playing with you than with randoms though since no one else talks either though lol.

No, I'm not calling them selfish. Reread what I said. I said in a hypothetical, why are they not selfish for learning the game before they play in a ranked setting, thus acting as an anchor, while people who do know shit and simply don't talk for whatever reason are called selfish in spite of how they outperform others. I don't think anyone's selfish for playing the game how they want, hence why I never laid on that, and why I questioned the claim over making it, myself. I'm just asking why people making one choice is somehow bad, while others making another, sometimes unarguably poorer choice isn't. 

Really bro you JUST SAID a couple posts ago that finding lots of people to play Halo is hard when someone said to you "if you don't want to hear randoms in ranked, find a squad" and now you say this?

Yes. I said getting 8 people together to grind Halo customs for nights on end is hard. Specifically what I want, too. Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo 4. That isn't just finding a squad, it's finding two squads, manually organizing teams, gametypes, and the like, and managing people who get salty and leave, which leaves games at a 3v4. As a person who's managed tons of custom games and been in them, yes, that is hard. Evolved, the most competitive settings for H5, died a whimpering death because of management, lmao. It's not that easy. Especially when no one's grinding for a goal. Only playing to play. That entire post, however, hinged on how it was fucking inefficient to just "play customs" so I could "avoid nasty Halo players", which avoided my actual original point, and solved a perceived problem by introducing another problem. Read that post over for actual context, because you missed out on crucial details, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1