CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yeah the Halo 5 server browser is just "clan recruitment" and those stupid assassination only slow-mo lobbies. I have no idea why people like that crap so much.

Hint: They don’t. Those servers are typically fronts for money laundering and/or black market activity. Don’t ask me how I know.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just me or has search times increased dramatically the past 2-3 days? I can barely find games now.

Same for me. I can't find anything in CE doubles, really annoying.

The only good custom game experience you can get is MLG/HCS lobbies, but most people won't touch that because tryhard stigma.

Well thats a pretty stupid thing to say. Sorry not everyone plays Halo exactly like you.

Someone in the playlist just told me they were "top 20 Beach Lan" material. If that's you and you're reading this... you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well thats a pretty stupid thing to say. Sorry not everyone plays Halo exactly like you.

I think he is saying those are the only decent standard gametype options.  Its either Castle Wars and fucking clan recruitment, or the hard to find and often unfilled MLG lobbies. The exact thing that a custom game browser is supposed to foster, unique variety, is totally absent and that is 100% true. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think he is saying those are the only decent standard gametype options. Its either Castle Wars and fucking clan recruitment, or the hard to find and often unfilled MLG lobbies. The exact thing that a custom game browser is supposed to foster, unique variety, is totally absent and that is 100% true.

maybe people would join those fucking lobby’s if the players who started it weren’t in a party chat, and refuse(even after messaging) to invite me to the party you’re damn right I’m not playing in their custom game!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Someone in the playlist just told me they were "top 20 Beach Lan" material. If that's you and you're reading this... you should be ashamed of yourself.

the 2k18 "im semi-pro"

wait people actually still use semi-pro ironically, especially h3 kids

Lots of trash players in this playlist.  I'm seeing the game finish with some people getting 0 kills. 

I think he is saying those are the only decent standard gametype options.  Its either Castle Wars and fucking clan recruitment, or the hard to find and often unfilled MLG lobbies. The exact thing that a custom game browser is supposed to foster, unique variety, is totally absent and that is 100% true. 

The concept of a decentralized server structure is a very attractive idea until you grasp what your favorite game's primary demographic is in all its pure, unfiltered glory.

maybe people would join those fucking lobby’s if the players who started it weren’t in a party chat, and refuse(even after messaging) to invite me to the party you’re damn right I’m not playing in their custom game!

Well it doesn't help when the games chat system is garbage, forcing people into parties to begin with.

Xbox Live Parties have absolutely destroyed Xbox game communities. Where there was once trash talking opponents in a post-game lobby is now just silence. You can't talk to your team mates in match making since most players you run into are in parties and the rest don't have mics connected, because why would you bother connecting your mic to talk to 1/10 people.

The party system needs to go, but of course, it won't because it's here now and people will bitch about having to interact with other human beings IN AN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lots of trash players in this playlist. I'm seeing the game finish with some people getting 0 kills.

wargod tv? I think we played a game together earlier if so.

So not only do you not spawn with a BR in H3 BTB for KOTH, but you can only pick a pistol, plasma rifle or AR in H2A obectives. There's no way it's difficult to make correct loadouts, it's just incompetence. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

They need to either change rolling lobbies or get rid of them, because the amount of AFKers is ridiculous. I played a 4v4 CE game and three of the four people I played were in the next game on the other team again. This time they were all AFK and there was only one guy playing on the other time the entire match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So not only do you not spawn with a BR in H3 BTB for KOTH, but you can only pick a pistol, plasma rifle or AR in H2A obectives. There's no way it's difficult to make correct loadouts, it's just incompetence. 

I haven't gotten it yet, but apparently H2A BTB has AR starts as well. BR starts in BTB is like a wide open net, and 343 just can't tap it in.

The concept of a decentralized server structure is a very attractive idea until you grasp what your favorite game's primary demographic is in all its pure, unfiltered glory.

True and True.  But the fact is there are a lot of people that have more specific standards that could absolutely run lobbies via the server browser with consistent game.  They are just smaller than the casual crowd that will play the first non-standard gametype they see, so it all gets drowned out.  The browser needs:

1) Custom search terms instead of canned tags

2) Individual Player search

3) More up to date results

4) Better filters (open slots, starting weapon, basic game parameters like radar on/off etc.  Hidden in an "advanced" tab for the people that don't give a shit about specifics)

5) Ability to set an auto-rotating map pool

6) EDIT2 - Player Join requirements like "must have microphone" or "no guests"

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/bigshow36/video/59940964

I will say, this patch has fixed starting games late for me. It's nice to be able to get my timer started at the right time now.

Good shit.  I need a way to feed my timer into my headset so i can turn the sound on without bugging the fuck out of my wife.

EDIT: nvm im an idiot. an earbud under my headphones will work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good shit.  I need a way to feed my timer into my headset so i can turn the sound on without bugging the fuck out of my wife.

EDIT: nvm im an idiot. an earbud under my headphones will work.

My setup is a bit complicated, but basically

• Xbox goes to capture card
  • Capture card goes to monitor
  • 3.5mm cable from monitor to my sound cards audio in

This lets me use my computer speakers as well as my headphones for my Xbox and my PC at the same time without the need to ever unplug cables or screw around with it all once it's setup

From here you can adjust sound levels using your computer, run the Halo timer while you play, etc.

On another note, here's my controversial opinion on how to make Halo match making 10x's better at the expense of a salt mine:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Halo community is literally too stupid for a server browser. It's either Infection on shit maps, BTB heavies with SMG starts or 16 man lobbies on 4v4 maps. Team balance is usually wack af and people will always try to switch to the winning team. The only good custom game experience you can get is MLG/HCS lobbies, but most people won't touch that because tryhard stigma.

Just take a look at the CE, H2V, Halo Online or H5 custom game browser if you want a laugh. There's no way MCC will be different, although I'm looking forward to maybe getting Teambeyond lobbies going.

It doesn’t matter how stupid the general population is- a good custom browser would allow people to reliably find games in the niche they favor. Sure it would be flooded with dumbass lobbies , but it would be worth it for 1) pulling dumbass gametypes out of MM 2) building communities within the game.

Just me or has search times increased dramatically the past 2-3 days? I can barely find games now.

Missed this earlier but its not just you.  I think its when they added the other playlists on the 5th.  It fractured everybody. 14 playlists is way too many.  

Big Team Battle (Unranked)

H3 Big Team Battle (Unranked) include H3 in regular BTB with a slightly higher weighting

Social Slayer (Unranked)

Team Action Sack (Unranked)

H3 Lone Wolves (Unranked)

H4 Team Arena (Unranked)

H3 Team Arena (Ranked) - Make all gametypes 110% movement, 110% damage, no radar and add the "Hardcore" gametypes.  Get rid of the shitty ones like snipers

H2A Team Arena (Ranked) - Make all gametypes no radar and add the "Hardcore" gametypes.  Get rid of the shitty ones like snipers

H2C Team Arena (Ranked) - Make all gametypes no radar and add the "Hardcore" gametypes.  Get rid of the shitty ones like snipers

HCE Team Arena (Unranked)

H3 Team Doubles (Ranked) - Make all gametypes 110% movement, 110% damage and no radar

H3 Team Hardcore (Ranked)

H2C Team Hardcore (Ranked)

HCE Team Doubles (Ranked)

Until they make default settings that are actually really good, they need to stop pretending that "Default" deserves to be ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H3 Big Team Battle (Unranked) include H3 in regular BTB with a slightly higher weighting

Hell no. That Halo 3 BTB playlist is the best thing 343 has done yet. They removed Snipers from it on Wednesday. Now they just need to remove that AR start/random spawn, King of the Hill, and it will be damn near perfect.